Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Dawn...how come I don't look that "flat" when I suck in???

Oh, good-gosh-a-molly....there is some good stuff here today!!! LOVE it!!!

Nancy...that's just the coolest thing!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lovely NSVs, and special mention to Pat for eating like a normal person.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
I went to a good old fashioned Nova Scotia funeral today, and there were 3 long tables laid out with squares and little sandwiches. I had a couple little bites of a finger egg salad sandwich, and a tuna one (they were teeny) and 2 cups of coffee. My growing teenage son ate all the things I thought looked good for me, and the people I was sitting with thought it was so funny. I'd be like Clay - go get that pink square right there and eat it for me. (No I was not pushing junk on my child he can eat like a football player) Then he would tell us all what it tasted like and we were like mmmmm lol.

But I felt good, and I felt like I looked ok too. I got home and ate and still stayed under my calories for a down day.

I too, want to thank the others for talking about JUDDD, I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't benefited from trying it. Its helping me.

Last edited by where's_kyla?; 02-17-2014 at 02:28 PM..
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I was sucking it in.

That is too cute, but pictures don't lie. There's only so much gut you can suck in!

Good job on sticking to a DD at a party with delicious food, Kyla. That is wonderful!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-17-2014 at 04:46 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Dawn, you look great!! I "saw" you on FB.

I have a NSV. I went to eat lunch with family that I haven't seen since Xmas, and they all kept telling me how fantastic I look, and commenting on the weight loss (I haven't lost a lb since Xmas, and even gained a couple ). Sure felt good though!
That's so cool, LG! See, you look FAB sweetness!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by where's_kyla? View Post
My mom complimented me, and acknowledged how "good" I've been doing today, and that she could tell. That never happens. Not that shes a bad person, she just never says anything like that.

I couldnt believe it.
YAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
As always, this thread is so uplifting and wonderful I return to the place I have been: I would JUDDD for the NSVs, weight loss is an added benefit.

This one is not really uplifting but it was so FOFLMAO, and I want someone to share it with...

I stepped out of Wendys to stand by our van while waiting for DH to finish his meal. At the drive-thru window there was a car full of teenaged boys. As they drove by me (no one else in the parking lot), the car suddenly exploded with wolf-whistles. One of the kids leaned out of his window to wave and yell, "Keep rockin' it Grandma!"

Needless to say DH found me leaning on the hood of the van, perishing with laughter.
Oh how I adore this!!!! WTG girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
This is a bit long-winded, but here goes:

My mom visited last October, and I was averaging 136-138. I felt the size of a house, but she was quite nice about it (she eats like a bird and is as small as one). At the time I was wearing some fat jeans - jeans I bought because I couldn't fit into any of my clothes.

I couldn't even squeeze into my size 6 American Levi's.
Since I went back to low-carb in January + joined the gym, I fit into my size 6, then put on my size 4 (same style).

Despite completely falling off the wagon this past weekend - it says something that today I'm still wearing the size 4's. Thanks DD!!
Now, see, IMO, you were small to begin with...but I totally get how YOU felt like you weren't. Good for you on those size 4s!!! You must feel wonderful, you're doing AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Thank you for posting these encouraging NSVs. They really inspire me.

MY NSV is that, in spite of unexpected (but VERY welcomed) guests, for 2 nights I stuck to my rotations.
My Saturday DD was 233 calories and my Sunday UD was hard to count so I just relaxed into it and did not overeat. I had one egg and a small serving of hash browns, a tiny sliver of carrot cake and a tiny sliver of apple caramel pie. 2 skinny cocktails, and a normal dinner of baked potato petite green beans and a few bites of steak. I suck at guessing calories. I just know I ate like a regular person would. I sent the pie/cake home w/ them this morning and am back to a DD.
Trust me when I tell you that this is a huge victory for me.
I just love the support here.
LCG, I have a closet full of 14s. I can't wait to wear them. Congrats on the jeans. That really resonated w/ me. I am a big girl and will never ever wear anything smaller that a 12 at best. I am excited about 14s. My 16s are miserably tight and my 18s are a curse to me. I hope to soon put the 18s away forever.
Dawn, you are a wisp of a girl and beautiful. Love the shirt.
Yam Yam...........white! jeans. I can only dream. So proud for you.
Phyl, you quack me up, ducky.
Hugs all around.
I'm still trying to figure out what eating like a "normal" person really is...but I so know what you mean. Good for you!!! May I also just say that YOU may not think you will ever see anything smaller than a 12, but Juddd may beg to differe. Trust me when I say this!!!! I thought I'd be golden in an 8. I wear a 4/6 now.

Quote:
I went to a good old fashioned Nova Scotia funeral today, and there were 3 long tables laid out with squares and little sandwiches. I had a couple little bites of a finger egg salad sandwich, and a tuna one (they were teeny) and 2 cups of coffee. My growing teenage son ate all the things I thought looked good for me, and the people I was sitting with thought it was so funny. I'd be like Clay - go get that pink square right there and eat it for me. (No I was not pushing junk on my child he can eat like a football player) Then he would tell us all what it tasted like and we were like mmmmm lol.

But I felt good, and I felt like I looked ok too. I got home and ate and still stayed under my calories for a down day.

I too, want to thank the others for talking about JUDDD, I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't benefited from trying it. Its helping me.
Cracking up at you having the teen tell you what different foods taste like. BAHAHA! I have 2 teen boys and know what they eat every day. I totally get it!

Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My engagement ring is too big. I have been using it as my "skinny" ring to hold up my anniversary band. (which has been too big since early last year, thanks to Juddd) My engagement ring was sized when I was 118# and 20 years old. I cannot believe it is swinging around like it is. Dang! I guess it's a good/bad thing.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:

That is a MAJOR victory! You should be very proud!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
My engagement ring is too big. I have been using it as my "skinny" ring to hold up my anniversary band. (which has been too big since early last year, thanks to Juddd) My engagement ring was sized when I was 118# and 20 years old. I cannot believe it is swinging around like it is. Dang! I guess it's a good/bad thing.
WOW! Yes, definitely good and bad. Don't lose that! Time to get it resized?

I wore leggings today. Yes, I did. I have NEVER worn leggings in my life. My legs are still not as small as I would like, but all this exercise is certainly toning what I have up.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:28 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Most of my life I had very severe sinus reactions to pollen. Meaning from early Spring to early Winter I lived on anti-histamines and decongestants.

Recently I realized I have not taken either of those pills since last June.

This is year two on JUDDD. Apparently the healing took time. But, wow, it happened.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nancy, LOVE that! I have horrible seasonal allergy issues, too. I didn't have as much last year. It'll be interesting to see how I'm affected this year. (if the snow & cold EVER EVER go away) Love that you're feeling better!

LCG, oooh, leggings!!!!! Good for you girl!!! I actually purchased some this winter, too. I've only worn them a time or two, though...and I surely don't feel comfortable in them unless I have a dress-like tunic on. I bet your legs look great girl! I( also admit to feeling very 1980s when I wore mine, stirrups and tunics anyone?)
Old 02-22-2014, 05:36 AM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Most of my life I had very severe sinus reactions to pollen. Meaning from early Spring to early Winter I lived on anti-histamines and decongestants.

This is year two on JUDDD. Apparently the healing took time. But, wow, it happened.
That’s a wonderful victory! My allergies have been much better recently too, but it started before I was eating this way. I think it’s an indication that my hormones are recovering from menopausal chaos.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #491
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

That is sooooooo great Nancy! What a difference that makes in your everyday life!

My seasonal allergies are much better too, and I had tried going without my Zyrtec for awhile, but bad timing on my part. It got really warm here, and it's evidently going to be a very weedy year (if my yard/neighborhood is any indication), so I'm back on them daily for the duration. I started sneezing again, itchy eyes, and even a little skin itchiness. Sigh.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I have a pair of size 16 jeans on.
Admittedly they are my largest fitting pair but they are NOT size 18.
I read this thread over and over yesterday as my DD was pretty hard.
You guys are the best and I thank you for being here.
Big hugs,
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #493
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG Pat!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

aw, thanks, Carol.
I hope to be come 1/2 the cheerleader you are.
You warm my heart.
Blessings.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

I do not suffer from seasonal allergies, however, I do suffer each spring for the malady known as: OMG none of my capris fit!
Not this year!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
I do not suffer from seasonal allergies, however, I do suffer each spring for the malady known as: OMG none of my capris fit!
Not this year!
YES!!!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
For all of these victories.

Mine for today is that I had to get x-small workout pants because small was too loose. Never dreamed I would see these changes. I am loving it!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Lots of new victories. Very exciting!

I was given a nice compliment today. A fellow clinician saw me today and said "OMG where are you disappearing to? You look great." I looked at him amazed at first because I haven't lost any weight recently. I am starting to wear clothes that are fitted though so it was nice to hear a man point it out. In the back of mind I know that the scale sucks and isn't an accurate picture of weight loss, but no matter how many times I tell myself that the scale is still in that bathroom mocking me. Witch!

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid scale. You look beautiful, Miss Lisa!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
Some great ones in here!

Went to breakfast with some friends this morning... And as we were leaving, she asks me if I've lost more weight since we've seen them last. No! Actually I've been sorta stalled... But I'm wearing jeans that fit better and boots with heels. And she told me i looked GREAT a few weeks ago at a dinner function, where I wore leggings and knee high boots. Thanks GF!
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg, I flove these NSVs!! Flutter, you need to get that ring sized girl! And you know what it means: you're actually skinnier than you were when you got married. You're the one who coined the phrase: The scale is a big fat liar!

Nancy, that must feel absolutely amazing to not have to take allergy pills anymore!! JUDDD is miraculous!

Leggings, Carol?! Girl, I know you've been working out big time, and it must be paying off in spades.
Pat, I am in the same size as you, but my 16 jeans are tight. Good on you that you're rocking it!

Lisa and Scarlett, that just goes to show that our bodies are shifting and changing for the better no matter what that damned scale says!! People notice, so it must be happening!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-22-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
HAHA! I LOVE IT!!!!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Pat, I am in the same size as you, but my 16 jeans are tight. Good on you that you're rocking it!
Cindy...you're a size 16? From your new AVI I would've NEVER guessed that a 12..14 maybe...TOPS! I am an 18 right now. I can't believe that's how small a 16 looks. If so...yikes I've gotta at least lose 25lbs to get into a 16
Old 02-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

I was given a nice compliment today. A fellow clinician saw me today and said "OMG where are you disappearing to? You look great." I looked at him amazed at first because I haven't lost any weight recently. I am starting to wear clothes that are fitted though so it was nice to hear a man point it out
Agreed. It's nice to hear ANY compliments...from family, friends, neighbors...but I love it when a man friend or aquaintance notices since most men are oblivious...sorry Frosty! LOL!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #505
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Cindy...you're a size 16? From your new AVI I would've NEVER guessed that a 12..14 maybe...TOPS! I am an 18 right now. I can't believe that's how small a 16 looks. If so...yikes I've gotta at least lose 25lbs to get into a 16
Well, I'm short and I have large hips for my size. I can wear a 12-14 dress, but jeans are still in the 16 range. I have a couple of 14s, but they are sooo tight they are uncomfortable to wear. I wear a 16 dress pant comfortably and was able to fit into the "curvy" 14 dress pants well. I wore size 10 jeans when I was 135!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #506
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
My mom complimented me, and acknowledged how "good" I've been doing today, and that she could tell. That never happens. Not that shes a bad person, she just never says anything like that.

I couldnt believe it.
I know just what you mean about the mom thing. If she is like mine that compliment means a lot!

Quote:
This one is not really uplifting but it was so FOFLMAO, and I want someone to share it with...

I stepped out of Wendys to stand by our van while waiting for DH to finish his meal. At the drive-thru window there was a car full of teenaged boys. As they drove by me (no one else in the parking lot), the car suddenly exploded with wolf-whistles. One of the kids leaned out of his window to wave and yell, "Keep rockin' it Grandma!"

Needless to say DH found me leaning on the hood of the van, perishing with laughter.
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
This is a bit long-winded, but here goes:

My mom visited last October, and I was averaging 136-138. I felt the size of a house, but she was quite nice about it (she eats like a bird and is as small as one). At the time I was wearing some fat jeans - jeans I bought because I couldn't fit into any of my clothes.

I couldn't even squeeze into my size 6 American Levi's.
Since I went back to low-carb in January + joined the gym, I fit into my size 6, then put on my size 4 (same style).

Despite completely falling off the wagon this past weekend - it says something that today I'm still wearing the size 4's. Thanks DD!!
The pants don't lie!!!!

Quote:
MY NSV is that, in spite of unexpected (but VERY welcomed) guests, for 2 nights I stuck to my rotations.
My Saturday DD was 233 calories and my Sunday UD was hard to count so I just relaxed into it and did not overeat. I had one egg and a small serving of hash browns, a tiny sliver of carrot cake and a tiny sliver of apple caramel pie. 2 skinny cocktails, and a normal dinner of baked potato petite green beans and a few bites of steak. I suck at guessing calories. I just know I ate like a regular person would. I sent the pie/cake home w/ them this morning and am back to a DD.
Trust me when I tell you that this is a huge victory for me.
I just love the support here.
You are doing great!!!!

Quote:

You are doing great, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I hear you on the good/ bad thing with the rings. I was told the diamonds may get loose if I have my rings sized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I wore leggings today. Yes, I did. I have NEVER worn leggings in my life. My legs are still not as small as I would like, but all this exercise is certainly toning what I have up.
Awesome!!! I bet you rocked those leggings!

Quote:

That is fantastic. I could not imagine dealing with allergies.

Quote:
I have a pair of size 16 jeans on.
Admittedly they are my largest fitting pair but they are NOT size 18.
I read this thread over and over yesterday as my DD was pretty hard.
You guys are the best and I thank you for being here.
Big hugs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
Mine for today is that I had to get x-small workout pants because small was too loose. Never dreamed I would see these changes. I am loving it!
This still blows my mind, too. I'm like- when did I become x-small?

Quote:
I was given a nice compliment today. A fellow clinician saw me today and said "OMG where are you disappearing to? You look great." I looked at him amazed at first because I haven't lost any weight recently. I am starting to wear clothes that are fitted though so it was nice to hear a man point it out. In the back of mind I know that the scale sucks and isn't an accurate picture of weight loss, but no matter how many times I tell myself that the scale is still in that bathroom mocking me. Witch!
You do look fantastic. I've noticed a lot recently. The other day at lunch you just looked good, health, bright, IDK. Keep rocking it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
Went to breakfast with some friends this morning... And as we were leaving, she asks me if I've lost more weight since we've seen them last. No! Actually I've been sorta stalled... But I'm wearing jeans that fit better and boots with heels. And she told me i looked GREAT a few weeks ago at a dinner function, where I wore leggings and knee high boots. Thanks GF!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Love this thread.
I read it over and over.
Especially on DDs.
So grateful to be part of this family.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #508
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
For all of these victories.

X-small??? WOW! Wonderful!

Quote:

Oh, that's so great, Lisa! I'm so glad you're getting feedback like that. It goes to show that wearing more fitted clothes really does make a difference. And you KNOW you are re-shaping, even when that witch of a scale refuses to tell you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
Some great ones in here!

So great to have friends like that, who will tell you when you're looking great! There are those better fitting clothes again!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m enjoying feeling really relaxed about food. I have a couple of days a week when I “diet.” It’s not a fuss, just eat very little, mainly protein. The rest of the time, I eat what I want. We went out for lunch today, and I ordered a walnut & honey tart at the end. It came with a huge dollop of cream and a shortbread biscuit that I didn’t eat just because I didn’t want them. I wasn’t agonising over calories or carbs. It just feels very liberating!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/195/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Same here Ailuros! I was just thinking today of all the years I have spent subscribing to one WOE or another. Vegetarian then vegan then LC then paleo. All bringing different struggles and different benefits. Depending on which I was into that day, I would shun all others, deeming them wrong.

It is so unbelievably freeing to eat what I want, when I want. My DD's are LC/HF for the satiety it provides me, but other than that, I set no rules. Today I am enjoying a veg day. My next UD I might fancy a heavy meat meal. Who knows. And that is truly wonderful. I am finding JUDDD to be a beautiful way of life and eating.
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote