Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
So happy you're here too, Tex!! I'm having a DD with you!
Awwww thank you!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
The size 7 jeans I just bought last week are too big now.

I was able to get through my cardio and weight workouts back to back without anything to eat and I did not get hypoglycemic like I normally do.
Fantastic! It's back to the store for you! WTG on the great work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
On my 3rd or 4th DD. Already feeling the energy and clarity that goes along with this WOE. I love it.
That is so awesome to hear! It's a DD here, too. You should post that on "The Upside of DDs" thread. Energy and clarity on DDs. You just can't beat JUDDD for a great way to live!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
Even though I've been doing JUDDD since September yesterday was my first DD where I stayed welled below 500 cals!! I decided that I'm only going to drink my calories because eating instigates uncontrollable hunger for me. I had 3 coffee w/ cream (220cals), I did have a small piece of high quality chocolate that was offered to me and I don't regret, I'm putting that 80cals but it's probably less. That didn't create any negative effects. I did have 3 pickles shortly before bed (15 cals) so rough 315 but just to be safe I'll say 400. I'm so proud of myself!! And I didn't feel hungry or cranky. I think I'm going to take this approach for the rest of my DDs until I get to goal.

I know this is for no scale victories but I finally got down 155lbs this morning which is my lowest weight as an adult (well 154.5lbs is). Everything from here is new territory - I can already tell because I'm starting to get patulous eustachian tube issues in my left ear (had this happen to my right ear - everytime my weight is around 170lbs I get "plugged" right ear, I can sense it happening with the left now). Who would ever think there's fat cells in the ear?! It's amazing how our bodies remember, when you gain weight the fat cells go right back where they were before.

Last edited by oceania; 01-28-2014 at 08:20 AM..
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
Even though I've been doing JUDDD since September yesterday was my first DD where I stayed welled below 500 cals!! I decided that I'm only going to drink my calories because eating instigates uncontrollable hunger for me. I had 3 coffee w/ cream (220cals), I did have a small piece of high quality chocolate that was offered to me and I don't regret, I'm putting that 80cals but it's probably less. That didn't create any negative effects. I did have 3 pickles shortly before bed (15 cals) so rough 315 but just to be safe I'll say 400. I'm so proud of myself!! And I didn't feel hungry or cranky. I think I'm going to take this approach for the rest of my DDs until I get to goal.

I know this is for no scale victories but I finally got down 155lbs this morning which is my lowest weight as an adult (well 154.5lbs is). Everything from here is new territory - I can already tell because I'm starting to get patulous eustachian tube issues in my left ear (had this happen to my right ear - everytime my weight is around 170lbs I get "plugged" right ear, I can sense it happening with the left now). Who would ever think there's fat cells in the ear?! It's amazing how our bodies remember, when you gain weight the fat cells go right back where they were before.
wtg on the DD cals and weight!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I went to find a fitted shirt to put on for a photo and theyíre all way too big. I suppose thatís a victory . I still donít feel as if my body has changed all that much, so it seems weird to put on something that fit this time last year, but looks huge now.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #366
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Woo Hoo so many lovely NSVs.

I love it when my clothes look loose, not going to happen any time soon, lol.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
I went to find a fitted shirt to put on for a photo and theyíre all way too big. I suppose thatís a victory . I still donít feel as if my body has changed all that much, so it seems weird to put on something that fit this time last year, but looks huge now.
I don't think many of us have an accurate view of our body size - clothes tell the truth though.
It didn't occur to me that I'd have to look in to buying new tops...
I'm always focused on my big lower half, and needing smaller pant sizes. But some of the sweaters and other tops I really love now hang loose, and not in an attractive way. So into the give-away box they go!
I'm not complaining, but I didn't expect the wardrobe costs to be as significant.
Much better than buying bigger!
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #368
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Great NSV Ailuros! I have some tops I bought with unreasonably high expectations lol, and can't wait to fit into them.

Slim, have you considered thrift shopping? I have been doing nearly all my shopping in second-hand stores and flea markets this past year. I have found some beautiful clothes and haven't spent much money. Win-win as I see it.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great NSV Ailuros! I have some tops I bought with unreasonably high expectations lol, and can't wait to fit into them.

Slim, have you considered thrift shopping? I have been doing nearly all my shopping in second-hand stores and flea markets this past year. I have found some beautiful clothes and haven't spent much money. Win-win as I see it.
Ah yes, great idea. I'm ashamed to say, my daughters are better thrift shoppers than I am...
I'm a Kohls shopper- and have this idea that if I do it right, I end up spending less than I would even thrift shopping.
But I think ill pop into a couple of the local thrift stores and see what I can find
Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #370

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
NSV for the day: my toosh hurts sitting here on the pc. I guess I know my tailbone is still there. <snort>
Well sweetie, don't sit on the PC. Oh, I crack myself up. No, really, you are just so trim and petite, there's no doubt that tailbone is making itself known!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Welcome to the boney butt club. I have a pancake but DW brought me underware that has a padded butt. I. Haven't worn them in public
I can't even comprehend padded butt underwear. I don't think I'll ever need that, no matter how small I get! You should find a nice, clingy dress and wear them out to something dressy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
I always thought I had a big butt, but it's looking kinda flat lately...

'nother NSV... I went out to dinner with some good friends tonight, and the conversation moved to aging/midlife troubles (of course) They all seemed dismayed that they couldn't move as quickly, and with the typical pains most people experience.
I sat there quietly with nothing to contribute, because I actually move more easily, and have less pain than ever!
Ah, this is wonderful! Feeling younger is one of the best NSVs ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Mine today: When I woke up and was just lazing around, I noticed that, flat on my back, my torso is flatter! And two, I have noticed an increasing amount of energy!
Great ones! I remember when I first noticed my stomach feeling flatter lying in bed - wonderful feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
The size 7 jeans I just bought last week are too big now.

I was able to get through my cardio and weight workouts back to back without anything to eat and I did not get hypoglycemic like I normally do.
Wow! You're the incredible shrinking woman! And your body is adjusting to JUDDD really well when you can get through working out like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
On my 3rd or 4th DD. Already feeling the energy and clarity that goes along with this WOE. I love it.
Love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post

You're doing great! How interesting about your ears - I've never heard of that happening before, but our bodies are such a miraculous mystery. WTG on your new low!

Quote:
You are a tiny, trim little thing now. What a great feeling that must be!

Quote:

I have really come to love my thrift bargains. I've added some really cute items from Goodwill and a nearby consignment shop for a fraction of what new would cost. And some of them are new with tags!

Slimming, I think you're right about Kohl's. When you get a 30% off coupon, or that great $10 off one, and can find stuff that's already marked down, you definitely can do as good or better than thrift shop prices.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Great NSV!!!

Oceania Congrats on keeping those DDs under 500. That really is a victory. And on being at your lowest weight in your adult life. That is amazing and I congratulate you! Now you are moving into new territory for sure.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

My Non Scale Victory today is more of an Anti Scale Victory. NSV/ASV?

Here's the deal. I had a good DD yesterday and today the scale was up .8 and at first I felt bummed and thought, what did I do wrong?

My NSV/ASV is that I REFUSE to let this derail me or discourage me! There are probably many reasons why the scale would go up after a DD. It's happened before, but not for a long time (way back when I was doing JUDDD in 2011/12.

It's just a number and I'm really not bummed anymore. Victory!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Major victory!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #374

Go Yamster! You have it just right!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ack, the body size mental thing...I understand, ailuros! Good for you on the fitted top fitting girl! I am going to have to remind myself of this same thing.

Oooh, yam, it's horrible when the scale is up after a DD. I get mad when it's not down AS MUCH as I THINK it should be after DDs. LOL! It'll come around girl, you're doing great!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Well sweetie, don't sit on the PC. Oh, I crack myself up. No, really, you are just so trim and petite, there's no doubt that tailbone is making itself known!
You crack me up too!

Quote:
Slimming, I think you're right about Kohl's. When you get a 30% off coupon, or that great $10 off one, and can find stuff that's already marked down, you definitely can do as good or better than thrift shop prices.
That's what I'm talking about!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #377
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
Ah yes, great idea. I'm ashamed to say, my daughters are better thrift shoppers than I am...
I'm a Kohls shopper- and have this idea that if I do it right, I end up spending less than I would even thrift shopping.
But I think ill pop into a couple of the local thrift stores and see what I can find
I never thought I'd be a good thrift shopper either. I used to glance around and think, Ugh, I don't even want to look lol. I guess since I decided I wasn't going to buy in between sizes, I've made more of an effort and so glad that I did! I haven't spent more than 8 dollars for a dress, and have some beautiful ones for between $1-3.00. I think I will continue thrift shopping even when I've reached goal.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I’ve done well from the tail end of the sales in the last few days, because the small sizes are the ones left over.

And a second victory — I can wear a D cup bra again, so I can go back to the model I used to wear that was really comfortable, but doesn’t do larger cup sizes .
Old 01-30-2014, 07:12 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome ailuros!!!!

I wish I could get into thrift shopping. The stores always seem stinky smelling when I try, though?
Old 01-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Awesome ailuros!!!!

I wish I could get into thrift shopping. The stores always seem stinky smelling when I try, though?
Thrift stores definitely have a smell all their own.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Thrift stores definitely have a smell all their own.
Glad it's not just me!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
My most favorite comfortable jeans that used to fit perfectly and then were a little too big are now huge and I am wearing them today with a belt. I think after today though, they will go the donation pile.

Also, my bra is getting too big. I have it hooked on the smallest hook but it's definitely starting to feel looser. So are the cups!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My most favorite comfortable jeans that used to fit perfectly and then were a little too big are now huge and I am wearing them today with a belt. I think after today though, they will go the donation pile.

Also, my bra is getting too big. I have it hooked on the smallest hook but it's definitely starting to feel looser. So are the cups!
woohoooo!!!!! Good for you girl!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:12 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Great Jenn!
WTG
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #385

Quote:
I think I will continue thrift shopping even when I've reached goal.
Me too! I never would have thought, but you can really get so much more for your money, if you just spend a little time sifting through the crap. There are some real gems there sometimes!

Quote:
Iíve done well from the tail end of the sales in the last few days, because the small sizes are the ones left over.

And a second victory ó I can wear a D cup bra again, so I can go back to the model I used to wear that was really comfortable, but doesnít do larger cup sizes .
You must be shaped like a Barbie doll - teeny tiny but with a big chest! Are men just following you everywhere you go???

Quote:

Oh, you're shrinking all over!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You must be shaped like a Barbie doll - teeny tiny but with a big chest! Are men just following you everywhere you go???
Not that Iíve noticed .
Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Not that Iíve noticed .
Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

So many great NSVs! Sad to see the jeans you love getting too baggy. Well, sad in one way, awesome mostly! Did you put them in the donation bag yet?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #389

Quote:
Quote:
Not that Iíve noticed .
Better start paying attention, girl. I'm pretty sure they are!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Iíve done well from the tail end of the sales in the last few days, because the small sizes are the ones left over.

And a second victory ó I can wear a D cup bra again, so I can go back to the model I used to wear that was really comfortable, but doesnít do larger cup sizes .
Does she have a Secret?