Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
I would rather pay more for a gym that is dedicated to everyone at every fitness level. I have never encountered anyone at my gym that judges anyone else and we have people from every stage of fitness and age level there. People that compete in fitness competitions and people who have never lifted a finger let alone a weight. I went through the entire range of fitness myself there and always felt comfortable. So it seems that planet fitness is really just playing into peoples fears and insecurities and trying to make them think they are real and at planet fitness they will fit in, but the reality is they would fit in at just about any gym. But at another gym they are more likely to succeed and actually get to the next level that planet fitness discourages.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I am going to take a different view here. I have to admit I've never heard of Planet Fitness. However, I can see that it might be a good starting place for someone who is absolutely intimidated by the "traditional" hard core gym.

There are times at my gym where I feel like it's a bit of a "meat market" if you know what I mean. Some people dress very scantily, like maybe they are looking for a hook up?

I was actually embarrassed for a young lady on an elliptical machine in front of me. I was pretty sure she was in her underwear. She had on little black panties and the sides were black lace. The back was obviously spandex. They didn't completely cover the buttocks area and kept riding up into, well, you know. The nether lands. a-hem. She had to keep reaching back to pull them back down as they rode up and gave those of us in the back row quite a view. Her top was a tiny little camisole also with lace and spaghetti straps.

It's not that I want a dress code. But, come ON!! It made me feel like I wanted to reach around and pull at my pants to help her out.

I'm telling you when I was at my highest weight, I might have stayed away because of feeling intimidated. I could tell you about other outfits. Oh, like the guy with some weirdness muscle shirt that showed his nipples??? I just don't need to see that. Yeah, he was buff. Um, yeah, I took an extra look. But, really? Just sayin'. Ok. vent and rant over and out.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 01-22-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

And that had what to do with my NSV?? I'll just say that my NSV today is that I worked out HARD again doing strength training and cardio. Then it was so beautiful outside that I took a long, brisk walk. I didn't wear a pedometer but it was probably a mile and a half.

Now I feel like mush. Mushy mush. I'm covered in a coat of dried sweat and headed to the shower. that will feel good!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I was actually embarrassed for a young lady on an elliptical machine in front of me. I was pretty sure she was in her underwear. She had on little black panties and the sides were black lace. The back was obviously spandex. They didn't completely cover the buttocks area and kept riding up into, well, you know. The nether lands. a-hem. She had to keep reaching back to pull them back down as they rode up and gave those of us in the back row quite a view. Her top was a tiny little camisole also with lace and spaghetti straps.
Umm...

Where was this again?
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Bad Frosty! Bad Frosty! Down Boy!!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
And here I was feeling a mighty powerful motivation to get back in the gym.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #337
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I think what draws people to PF the most is the 10.00 a month deal. I don't really like any gym or health club. I don't want to be watched, or to watch others when I exercise. It's something that's kept me out of them for the most part.

I do keep threatening to use one of the gyms at work, but haven't yet (or not in a verrrrrry long time). If it's intimidating to go to a gym with people around my age, I wonder how bad it will be with co-eds lol. One day I'll bite the bullet and do it.

Sorry to hack the NSV thread! Carry on with your regularly scheduled program.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-22-2014 at 03:50 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I need to warn you about Planet Fitness. Some of the branches have Pizza Fridays and Muffin Mondays.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Yep! I'm broke so 10.00 a month and free pizza! I'm in! Just so long as it's an UP day! LOL! I went to PF as a guest with my friend and really liked it. And for me it's really all I can afford right now. Thanks for the heads up tho!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
I would rather pay more for a gym that is dedicated to everyone at every fitness level. I have never encountered anyone at my gym that judges anyone else and we have people from every stage of fitness and age level there. People that compete in fitness competitions and people who have never lifted a finger let alone a weight. I went through the entire range of fitness myself there and always felt comfortable. So it seems that planet fitness is really just playing into peoples fears and insecurities and trying to make them think they are real and at planet fitness they will fit in, but the reality is they would fit in at just about any gym. But at another gym they are more likely to succeed and actually get to the next level that planet fitness discourages.
I honestly don't think they "discourage" people to get to another fitness level as much as it's just a cute/funny ad campaign. and when I was married and had the money to go to a fancy gym they didn't give two hoots about me or my fitness goals, just getting my 50.00 a month. I think it is our own inner strength and dedication that motivate us to workout, not the name or fanciness of a gym. For me I have no choice BUT to go to PF because 10.00 is all I can afford. The gym in Manhattan was clean and nice, there were people of all shapes, ages and ethnic backgrounds in there. And there is no contract. You go month to month for 10.00 and if you don't like it you can leave. I liked it. But to each his/her own.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
And that had what to do with my NSV?? I'll just say that my NSV today is that I worked out HARD again doing strength training and cardio. Then it was so beautiful outside that I took a long, brisk walk. I didn't wear a pedometer but it was probably a mile and a half.

Now I feel like mush. Mushy mush. I'm covered in a coat of dried sweat and headed to the shower. that will feel good!
WTG!!! KUTGW!!! Sorry I actually responded to a few of the non NSV posts about the gym but I will too keep this on topic!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:23 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
My NSV:

My thighs are now slim enough that they no longer keep my knees from knocking together when I lay on my side, so now I need to sleep with a pillow between my legs.

Or, my knees have lost their layer of fat and become bony.

One or the other.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #342
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Bony knees or slim thighs? I'd bet slim thighs and knees.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:
My NSV:

My thighs are now slim enough that they no longer keep my knees from knocking together when I lay on my side, so now I need to sleep with a pillow between my legs.

One or the other.
So funny you should mention this! Because as I was going to sleep last night my bony knees were pressing together... I laid there thinking, I've got to post this NSV, but then I wondered if it was really a NSV, because it was so uncomfortable!
Tonight I'll toss in another pillow!
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
I honestly don't think they "discourage" people to get to another fitness level as much as it's just a cute/funny ad campaign. and when I was married and had the money to go to a fancy gym they didn't give two hoots about me or my fitness goals, just getting my 50.00 a month. I think it is our own inner strength and dedication that motivate us to workout, not the name or fanciness of a gym. For me I have no choice BUT to go to PF because 10.00 is all I can afford. The gym in Manhattan was clean and nice, there were people of all shapes, ages and ethnic backgrounds in there. And there is no contract. You go month to month for 10.00 and if you don't like it you can leave. I liked it. But to each his/her own.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My NSV:

One or the other.
That is a great NSV! I want my bony knees back.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Definitely "to each his/her own" and really any exercise is better than none and if PF creates an environment for someone that gets them coming back and staying consistent then I support it fully. For me with my current goals, I would actually feel intimidated going to PF for fear of being judged for attempting to workout too hard or be too serious. That is what I get out of the ads and everything I hear. Having to face pizza, bagels, muffins wouldn't have helped in the beginning either, I could ignore them now.

I'm certainly not judging anyone that goes there. I didn't mean to come off so harsh and take away from this wonderful thread of NSV's.
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I'm with Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
Definitely "to each his/her own" and really any exercise is better than none and if PF creates an environment for someone that gets them coming back and staying consistent then I support it fully. For me with my current goals, I would actually feel intimidated going to PF for fear of being judged for attempting to workout too hard or be too serious. That is what I get out of the ads and everything I hear. Having to face pizza, bagels, muffins wouldn't have helped in the beginning either, I could ignore them now.

I'm certainly not judging anyone that goes there. I didn't mean to come off so harsh and take away from this wonderful thread of NSV's.

We have joined several gyms thru the years.
And enjoyed them all.
Even the YMCA. Several are in our area and we would switch up which to workout in and was great fun.
Seems all types of gyms are good at getting people to move.
And we call vote with our feet
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I know nothing about gyms...I do have a precor weight center in my basement, though. (if only I'd get it cleaned up enough down there to start using it again!)

NSV for the day: my toosh hurts sitting here on the pc. I guess I know my tailbone is still there. <snort>
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL, Flutter! You have a tiny hiney.

Miss you, Sweetie!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Bony knees or slim thighs? I'd bet slim thighs and knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
So funny you should mention this! Because as I was going to sleep last night my bony knees were pressing together... I laid there thinking, I've got to post this NSV, but then I wondered if it was really a NSV, because it was so uncomfortable!
Tonight I'll toss in another pillow!
The pillow is a must!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post

NSV for the day: my toosh hurts sitting here on the pc. I guess I know my tailbone is still there. <snort>
Welcome to the boney butt club. I have a pancake but DW brought me underware that has a padded butt. I. Haven't worn them in public
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

The pillow is a must!

Welcome to the boney butt club. I have a pancake but DW brought me underware that has a padded butt. I. Haven't worn them in public
I always thought I had a big butt, but it's looking kinda flat lately...

'nother NSV... I went out to dinner with some good friends tonight, and the conversation moved to aging/midlife troubles (of course) They all seemed dismayed that they couldn't move as quickly, and with the typical pains most people experience.
I sat there quietly with nothing to contribute, because I actually move more easily, and have less pain than ever!
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Slimming-up. Wish you had shared, so they would at least get an idea that it doesn't HAVE to be that way. But so glad that you are feeling great.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
'nother NSV... I went out to dinner with some good friends tonight, and the conversation moved to aging/midlife troubles (of course) They all seemed dismayed that they couldn't move as quickly, and with the typical pains most people experience.
I sat there quietly with nothing to contribute, because I actually move more easily, and have less pain than ever!
That is a fantastic NSV!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I love reading everyone's NSV! They are so inspiring and uplifting!

Mine today: When I woke up and was just lazing around, I noticed that, flat on my back, my torso is flatter! And two, I have noticed an increasing amount of energy!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
The size 7 jeans I just bought last week are too big now.

I was able to get through my cardio and weight workouts back to back without anything to eat and I did not get hypoglycemic like I normally do.
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That is a great NSV! I want my bony knees back.
I never had bony knees. Mine have always been rounded.

Great NSV, Sirtain!

MSN08, awesome!!! Can you take the jeans back? Wow, you are doing fantastic!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-25-2014 at 04:47 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
WOOHOO WTG Slim, Jenn & MSN!!

Carly, hahaha, FUNNY on the padded toosh undies! Love it!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Mine today: When I woke up and was just lazing around, I noticed that, flat on my back, my torso is flatter! And two, I have noticed an increasing amount of energy!
We love flatter tummies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
The size 7 jeans I just bought last week are too big now.

I was able to get through my cardio and weight workouts back to back without anything to eat and I did not get hypoglycemic like I normally do.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:03 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
On my 3rd or 4th DD. Already feeling the energy and clarity that goes along with this WOE. I love it.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

So happy you're here too, Tex!! I'm having a DD with you!