Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontini View Post
I just had a small NSV, googled a BMI calculator and discovered I'm no longer considered "obese".
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
Thanks! And to you for not being obese!!!

So I went shopping for some black pants yesterday. I also exchanged some unworn size 10 jeans for size 8. I was SURE that they'd go on tight, and I'd have to let them loosen out through wearing them.
They went on like butter! Perfect fit. I's SO weird to have on such tiny jeans, but it FEELS SO GOOD!!

And then the black pants. I was in a hurry, so I just grabbed a bunch of size 10, and a few 8, thinking maybe one would work.
In the past, clothes shopping was a dreaded chore - I hated it because the best I could hope for was something that would be minimally bad. Something that I could get over my fat thighs and hips would invariably leave a huge gap at the waist, and in the end, I'd try on about 10 pair and ONE would be acceptable. I'd walk out discouraged and just relieved to be done with it.
But last night was different!
The 10s were a little on the loose side.
But the size 8 pants were just sliding on beautifully with a perfect fit - all of them! I couldn't believe I could actually pick 5 pair off the rack and then CHOOSE which one I liked best. Not settle for the best of the worst.
I left without any slacks. I couldn't make up my mind and decided I wanted to be sure I wasn't going into a 6 before I spend too much.
This could spark an unexpected shopping bug to develop - what a shock that would be to everyone that knows me!
I use to hate shopping. Now I almost enjoy it! It's amazing how much less torcherous it is when you have loads of choices beside horrendous and no- way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Wonderful NSV, Lemontini!! I love hearing about the tiny sizes! I want to get there so bad!

My NSV is not really an NSV, but it made me happy. I "discovered" that a "new" dress (bought used) that I wore today is a size 6P. There's no way in hell I'm in a 6, as all my other dresses are 14, 12 and one 10. And, it wasn't a worn out tag or faded 1 in front of the 6, because I checked. Talk about vanity sizing!

It is hard to get over the breasts, because the waist is so small, but it fits pretty well, and the rest of it is no problem (fit and flare). And it's RED.

ETA: I saw it hanging up high at the flea market (in case you were wondering how I didn't know the size! I knew it would fit me by looking at it, and bought it. I didn't even look at the size until after I had washed it and took it down to wear).
Well, even if you know it's vanity sizing it still is fun. I have a couple 0Ps. I am in no way a 0P but the tag amuses me every time I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
While I was out shopping I decided to try on a pair of skinny jeans . I havenít worn anything like that for so long that I had no clue what the sizes even meant. I asked the assistant and she told me a 28 was a UK 10, so I started with those, but felt like such a fraud picking them up that I took the next size up into the changing room to be on the safe side. I put the smaller ones on, and came out into the shop. The assistant told me they were too big! So I bought the 27s. I have no idea what that corresponds to in any real size, but Iím claiming it a s a victory anyway .
You tiny little thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I have a nice NSV.

I was at the pharmacy collecting my prescription yesterday and when she had finished she asked me for the money. Now, in the UK, if you are over 60 prescription medicines are free.

So I pointed out the date of birth on my form and she looked up and just said, "wow". I gave her my best smile and told her that she had just made my day. She had too.
What she said (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Absolutely Kissa...I think we all strive to be like you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post

Anyway - today's NSV. I went to the gym to run on the treadmill (which I hate but the weather here isn't conducive to outside running right now). I wore my capris because when I wore long pants to run last time, I got too hot inside.

After 5 minutes I had to bail, because my pants kept trying to fall down! I guess its time to invest in some new workout clothes and my running pants from 40# ago can't really be expected to fit anymore.

So I lifted weights instead.

Could have ended badly!!!!!
Pants and almost Jen on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I went to an estate sale in a home this morning, and it was so crowded and chock full of items. I didn't feel like a bull in a china shop, or worry my huge hips would knock stuff over, or that I'd be crowding everyone else in the place. Felt wonderful!
I know that felt awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I walked through the stores for an hour and a half and my knees didn't bother me one bit! I've learned that I HAVE to keep moving and when I sit too long, my joints get angry.
I get stiff if I stay in one position too long too. Keep moving! It burns calories as well!

Quote:
I had some cute little pajamas that I had finally boxed up to give away several years ago. Pretty navy blue velour capris with tiny gold stars...
Well, that box never made it to Good Will, and when I was gathering stuff up today to make a trip, I found them in there - woo hoo! They fit perfectly now!
They were tight even when I did wear them in the past, but I'd wear them occasionally just because they were so cute.
But now they hang on me just perfectly - even a little loose!

While I was at it, I found some brand new shirts that had been given to me, but never worn because they were too small. Not any more!
I pulled out a pair of size 6 jeans that my dd was giving away - they don't fit, obviously, but I decided to keep them just in case.
I loved shopping in my closet as I was losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I got home from work today and slid out of my jeans without undoing them (and it's an UD!) A few more rotations and I may have to move down to the next pair in the size pile (I'm not the only one that has a pile of jeans sized in order from "slightly big" down to "in my dreams", am I?)
I have 2x/20 all the way to 2P. In February I will donate everything size 8 and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
My NSV is just that I went to the gym today and had the most awesome workout. And, it's a DD today! It made me feel empowered.

Also, after all my recent workouts I'm actually feeling my muscles again. They are still there! Yay!
I've been working out really hard too. It does feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
OCD housekeepers do they cost more?
Yam I'm so happy for you! ur doing great!
Little gym rat u
I suppose I have a NSV.
I've been getting up early for a retired person.
For some reason lately, feeling good has to be the reason and less blubber.
I've been watching the sun come up every morning for 4 -5 days in a roll-role however u spelling police want to correct it.
I have my coffee made and in hand sitting in complete darkness, little lightness happens, then wala the sun peaks up. It's wonderful peacefulness.
I've always been a early raiser due to my working days, but yikes to do it now getting to set instead of scurrying around getting out of the house with the working class people...I'm getting use to it
So I hope to keep up with the sun rise viewing, very therapeutic for me.
I'm up before the sun Monday-Friday. When I'm retired I have no intention of ever getting up before 8am, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Quote:
I have two NSV's (I think)

1. I tried on some jeans I haven't been able to wear in months and they fit! Well by fit I mean they went on easily, I got them buttoned and zipped. They still kinda look like a second skin and I'm more comfortable when they are a bit loose. They are a beautiful teal color and I want to take them on our Palm Springs trip in a few weeks. A few more pounds and a ka-zillion more sets on the leg press and maybe they will be loose enough.

2. I can hardly walk this morning. Yes. I'm going to count this as an NSV. I worked out so hard and long 2 days in a row at the gym with cardio and weight training that more than anything else, my calf muscles are screaming in pain! Today I was planning to go back to the gym just for cardio, but if I can't walk, maybe I better try something else? Or just let my muscles recover for a while?

Considering I've gone many many months with being very sedentary, it's good to know my muscles are getting a workout and making a comeback.
I hope mine are making a come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
I went to the thrift store today and tried on jeans and got 16's! Woo hoo!

Quote:
I found an old skirt that fits again ó and a photo of me wearing it in 1989.

I had a great skirt from '89 but I could never fit in it even if I had it cause I was 13

Quote:
I had a thought yesterday as I cleaned the floor under the washing machine and dryer....my laundry room is pretty small, and it was a very tight squeeze - it occurred to me that a year ago, I would have never been able to fit into that spot! (maybe that's why it was so dirty....)
I remember the time I slid between the shopping wagon and the candy display at the grocery store. I was like how did that happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
A funny non-scale victory, I guess.

I seem to have real armpits.

I never thought of my underarm area as being fat, and I call that area my arm'pits', but for the first time I noticed that now they really ARE concave. Pits indeed.
Yay for arm Pitts!

Quote:
A couple of little ones here:

I stood up on a dining room chair to get something out of a high cabinet the other day. I've avoided climbing up on anything but a weight-rated ladder or step stool for so long, I forgot it was an option. It didn't break, either!

My pickup fits pretty snugly in my garage, and I have some boxed on the other side of the truck that I needed to get into. For years I've had to open the garage door to go behind the truck to the other side of it. Yesterday I squeezed between the front of the truck and my dryer. Yesss!
You are the shrinking lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I am way behind over here. Keep up all the great work guys!!

Ailuros, great pic! How fun to wear the skirt again! (and yes, vanity sizing is crazy!)

My NSV is realizing that I no longer need my 2nd pillow at night. I have GERD and have had barrett's esophagus in the past. I've relied on 2 pillows to sleep at night for decades. I only use one now and the other sits at the top of my bed. I think I can safely declare it a decoration only now. Wow.
DW just brought this up last night. How I never ever have heart burn anymore and how I used to suffer with it. This is a great NSV!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Quote:

Ailuros, great pic! How fun to wear the skirt again! (and yes, vanity sizing is crazy!)

My NSV is realizing that I no longer need my 2nd pillow at night. I have GERD and have had barrett's esophagus in the past. I've relied on 2 pillows to sleep at night for decades. I only use one now and the other sits at the top of my bed. I think I can safely declare it a decoration only now. Wow.
i LOVE this! not only shrinking but proof you are healthier! good for you
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
A funny non-scale victory, I guess.

I seem to have real armpits.

I never thought of my underarm area as being fat, and I call that area my arm'pits', but for the first time I noticed that now they really ARE concave. Pits indeed.
This is so great! I mean it's funny and I giggled. But it's great! Is there no end to the benefits of this WOE?

Quote:
A couple of little ones here:

I stood up on a dining room chair to get something out of a high cabinet the other day. I've avoided climbing up on anything but a weight-rated ladder or step stool for so long, I forgot it was an option. It didn't break, either!

My pickup fits pretty snugly in my garage, and I have some boxed on the other side of the truck that I needed to get into. For years I've had to open the garage door to go behind the truck to the other side of it. Yesterday I squeezed between the front of the truck and my dryer. Yesss!
Oh! I think those are BIG NSVs! Woo-Hoo!

Quote:

Congratulations! You must feel so much better. That is great, great!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sure I must have some kind of NSV today. But I can't think of anything except that I made it through a whole DD on just 234 calories of liquid. That's pretty cool because I usually eat something.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Melinda (and Carly too) - heartburn etc. gone is wonderful. We really do take for granted when we feel good. This is really big!

Yam-Yam, that is what I call a darn good DD!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Carol! I can't see me ever having a zero DD. Just don't think that's really possible.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Gosh, thatís a fantastic victory, Flutter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I had a great skirt from '89 but I could never fit in it even if I had it cause I was 13
You young thing! I was 28. I do have my school PE skirt that I got when I was 11 (but carried on wearing till I was at least 16) but I donít think Iíd fit in that!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 AM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm sure I must have some kind of NSV today. But I can't think of anything except that I made it through a whole DD on just 234 calories of liquid. That's pretty cool because I usually eat something.
I do low DDs, but they always involve at least some chewing.
Good going on all liquids!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

I have an NSV this morning!

When I started working out recently, CalChris encouraged me to measure my waist. I said I was not going to do it! But one morning I grabbed the tape measure and did it. Ugh!!!!

This morning I got out of bed, looked in the mirror and thought "hmmmmm....looking better. I wonder......??"

Grabbed the tape measure. Yep. ONE INCH SMALLER!

I have lost an inch in my waist! Exercise rocks!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
All of these NSV's, I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. You are all rocking JUDDD.
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #311
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
An inch, wow, you've only been exercising for about 10 days!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Quote:
Gosh, thatís a fantastic victory, Flutter!

You young thing! I was 28. I do have my school PE skirt that I got when I was 11 (but carried on wearing till I was at least 16) but I donít think Iíd fit in that!
OMG, Ailuros, before I even read whose photo it was I said to myself, "what a classic English/Brit photo"! Love it!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I still like my intrepid colonial explorer look sometimes .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have an NSV this morning!

When I started working out recently, CalChris encouraged me to measure my waist. I said I was not going to do it! But one morning I grabbed the tape measure and did it. Ugh!!!!

This morning I got out of bed, looked in the mirror and thought "hmmmmm....looking better. I wonder......??"

Grabbed the tape measure. Yep. ONE INCH SMALLER!

I have lost an inch in my waist! Exercise rocks!
That is awesome! I wish I were having results like that!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

I did have my own exercise/ NSV today. I ran 4.16 miles in 25 minutes on the elliptical today. That is my best time ever. I wasn't even all that tired.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
I did have my own exercise/ NSV today. I ran 4.16 miles in 25 minutes on the elliptical today. That is my best time ever. I wasn't even all that tired.
AWESOME!
I can't wait to get back to the gym. This week we're having a snowstorm and some cold temps and I haven't seen a winter in 15 years so I'm still getting use to it. Right now that means staying inside but I'm joining Planet Fitness and am excited to start working out...wait did I just say that?
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
WTG girls!! Inches melting, runners running faster, and (heart burn) sufferers suffering no more!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Still my fav thread! Heart warming, exciting, inspiring....what more could ya ask for?

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:04 AM   #319
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Carly, respect, lady. That is wonderful, I couldn't dream of doing that. Well done.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Carly, respect, lady. That is wonderful, I couldn't dream of doing that. Well done.
Thanks Cindy! My stamina has improved greatly over the last month or so.
My back and hips get a touch angry we me, but I love the rush I get from good intense cardio.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:04 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Thanks Cindy! My stamina has improved greatly over the last month or so.
My back and hips get a touch angry we me, but I love the rush I get from good intense cardio.
I will never be able to run again. Good for you girl!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
... I'm joining Planet Fitness and am excited to start working out...wait did I just say that?
I need to warn you about Planet Fitness. Some of the branches have Pizza Fridays and Muffin Mondays.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I need to warn you about Planet Fitness. Some of the branches have Pizza Fridays and Muffin Mondays.
Forewarned is forearmed.
Why???????
They sell the pizza/ muffins or just have it sitting out?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
They have them sitting out, for snacking. A special 'perk' for their member!

The cynical side of me thinks they don't care about fitness, and just want people coming back. First for the snacks, then to work them off.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

You have got to be kidding! Planet Junk Food, more like.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
OMG I hated Planet Fitness. At the branch I went to they had Pizza Tuesdays and Thursdays and Bagels Tuesday mornings. How does that communicate making healthier lifestyle choices? I would be on the Elliptical inhaling the aroma of pizza, burning off calories and then heading home to stuff my face with some form of pasta. I understand marketing, but that one is awful.
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
OK, I'd never have guessed that (Planet Fitness). I'd have thought they'd be cutesy names for particular workout sessions. It would never have occurred to me that it would be food made available to members.

I understand that it's part of their job but I don't like it when cashiers verbally offer me the 'chocolate deal of the day' in shops - I don't think people need that sort of thing 'pushed' when they might be having a slightly stressed, vulnerable moment and might make a decision they'd regret, particularly if they've resisted pester power from children for the rest of the shopping trip - I'd be pretty cross at the notion that a fitness centre would leave that sort of food lying around as a 'perk'.

I firmly believe the saying that, "Few people can out-exercise their mouths" - aka, weight loss is 90% what you do or don't choose to eat...

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-22-2014 at 10:50 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Smelling food while exercising yikes, not optimal surroundings.
We exercise at the college gym sometimes is we go too early I the day, lunch smells are around but no biggy.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
If Planet Fitness was just about no contracts, and convenience it might be ok. But they actively discourage body building, and employ a Lunk Alarm that they set off if they determine someone is working out in a way that they determine indicates that you are "too dedicated to fitness". They claim a judgement free gym, so that "normal" people going there are not intimidated but if you are too fit, too dedicated they set off the alarm judging you and calling you out. Add pizza, muffins, and bagels and it is obvious that they are really just about getting money from people they hope are not successful long term so they can keep them coming back and never really making progress.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

I had no idea Planet Fitness was like that. Crazy. I haven't set foot in a gym in many, many years, and probably won't any time soon. I like solitary exercise. Makes me glad I don't have to fact this kind of thing.