Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lee524
Stats: 300.6/247/199
WOE: 7/4/13 Atkins. 11/18/13 JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
Any thoughts on resistance bands?

Ok, so I am not into exercising but, I have to do something...my thighs jiggle worse than a jello mold and I've got that jiggly fat look going on. I was thinking about resistance bands..anybody use them? if so would you reecommend them?

Right now I'm just walking daily but it's not enough for toning up.
Lee524 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
I used them for P90X and definitely prefer them to free-weights. There are plenty of things you can do with them too - using your own body, or a door handle, etc...
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I've been very curious about them too. I would like to get the benefits of using weights/resistance, without having to buy a whole bunch of weights in different sizes. I'll be interested to see more people chime in.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have some, but like most of my exercise equipment, they're gathering dust. They work well if you actually use them.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PassionateFire
Start Date: September 4, 2012
I would suggest just starting with body weight exercises - squats & lunges etc before investing in something that you may not like.
PassionateFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
I have a resistance band, and I love it when traveling - so portable... I got a workout video with it also to show how to work different areas... and of course you have to USE it to see results... which I did WHEN I used it.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have some, but like most of my exercise equipment, they're gathering dust. They work well if you actually use them.
This. Unfortunately. I have a Leslie Sansone walking video that came with one and uses it. I think I even have a second one that uses it during one of the miles. Those videos are also gathering dust.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I don't know about resistance bands, I guess if you lie down and do it at night in front of the telly it would be good but I do lots and lots of walking and love it however since I added cycling (real cycling out in the fresh air not as a hamster in a gym) I'm getting fabulous and real definition in my thighs. LOL... I sound like a cheesy ad...
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I have several, but I don't use them often. Like everyone said... If you use them they will work.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I love, Love, LOVE my resistance bands! I feel like they give me muscle definition faster than using free weights or even the BowFlex. I've tried them all. The key is getting into a good program and a good routine.
While on my hiatus I discovered a workout program that uses either resistance bands or free weights and I ADORE it! I am not lying - I started seeing results after three workouts. THREE! You know that cool crease in your arm when you flex your bicep? Yeah, that appeared after 3 workouts. And now it goes all the way down the muscle. My calves have definition, my thighs have definition (top and bottom, where you can see not still covered in fat), I'm just starting to get the shoulder/arm pit crease and my forearms have some definition as well.
All of this and I'm on week 7 of a 12 week program. And I use resistance bands. 3 workouts a week, about 30-35 minutes each.
I sound like an infomercial but holy cow does this stuff WORK! I was pretty skeptical but thought I'd give it a shot and I'm a convert.
I think I can post the name of the program, just not the link, right? Well here goes - its called ChaLEAN Extreme. New its close to $100 but I've seen it on eBay for a fraction of the price. Comes with 7 DVDs and a guidebook - make sure you get the guidebook because it has all the exercises in it so if you travel, take the book and workout on your own. And the DVDs aren't annoying like some of them can be.
Anyway, that was a really long answer and kind of off on a tangent but if you're after toning, this is your program!
(I get no commission from the sales of this program)

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lee524
Stats: 300.6/247/199
WOE: 7/4/13 Atkins. 11/18/13 JUDDD
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I love, Love, LOVE my resistance bands! I feel like they give me muscle definition faster than using free weights or even the BowFlex. I've tried them all. The key is getting into a good program and a good routine.
While on my hiatus I discovered a workout program that uses either resistance bands or free weights and I ADORE it! I am not lying - I started seeing results after three workouts. THREE! You know that cool crease in your arm when you flex your bicep? Yeah, that appeared after 3 workouts. And now it goes all the way down the muscle. My calves have definition, my thighs have definition (top and bottom, where you can see not still covered in fat), I'm just starting to get the shoulder/arm pit crease and my forearms have some definition as well.
All of this and I'm on week 7 of a 12 week program. And I use resistance bands. 3 workouts a week, about 30-35 minutes each.
I sound like an infomercial but holy cow does this stuff WORK! I was pretty skeptical but thought I'd give it a shot and I'm a convert.
I think I can post the name of the program, just not the link, right? Well here goes - its called ChaLEAN Extreme. New its close to $100 but I've seen it on eBay for a fraction of the price. Comes with 7 DVDs and a guidebook - make sure you get the guidebook because it has all the exercises in it so if you travel, take the book and workout on your own. And the DVDs aren't annoying like some of them can be.
Anyway, that was a really long answer and kind of off on a tangent but if you're after toning, this is your program!
(I get no commission from the sales of this program)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! so very much for the wonderful info. I appreciate it soooo much!
Lee524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ilahstrait
Stats: 159/125/130 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateFire View Post
I would suggest just starting with body weight exercises - squats & lunges etc before investing in something that you may not like.
I agree. Using your own body weight as resistance gives amazing results and it's free.
ilahstrait is offline   Reply With Quote