Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Anybody remember me?

Hey all. Been thinking about you a lot and thought I'd pop in and say hi.

(for those who don't know me, I came to Juddd Jan 2012, with a couple pounds to lose to goal, found out about some health issues that slowed me down, but made it to goal after about 6 weeks, and then proceeded to lose 5 more pounds by April, when I went into maintenance).

Well, I managed to maintain within my range of 124-126 for almost exactly a year. And then I turned 48 in April, and something happened and I gained 7 pounds in April and May. Did a whole30 in June and lost 4 pounds, which I regained within 2 weeks of stopping it (not really even cheating all that much), plus 3 more.

And it seems no matter what I do, I can not lose that weight. I've stabilized 10 pounds over where I was in April. I'm assuming it's hormonal, but it's darn frustrating. I haven't been able to manage any kind of momentum getting back into rotations, so thought maybe coming back would help.

I had to get the next size jeans out from the attic and everything.

During maintenance, I was able to pretty much give up the rotations, and just toss a dd in if I noticed things starting to nudge upwards (ended up being 1-2 a week).

Now whenever I try a dd, I'm just SO hungry I can't stand it and end up stuffing my face with almonds or worse, potato chips, and then feel horrible. Need to find some willpower again. And some accountability maybe.

I see some familiar faces, and lots of new ones too. I can't promise to be around a lot--we are just really busy right now, and I'm trying to limit computer time. But weight tracking, and getting back to tracking calories has got to help.

So, HI!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome back Tina!
I most certainly remember you. If you can just get a few good rotations in I bet you will get right back into the grove. Try to post when you can. I think that has helped me with my maintenance as much as it did with my losses.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Great to see you!

I too am still here with a few more pounds then I want, I regained too from a low of 113 to now at 121!

But, but we both know this JUDD stuff works, so good luck to us both once again!

leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Hi Tina!

I remember you too. I think you were around sporadically when I first started in Sept 2012. I'm sorry you're struggling with the weight creeping back up. That must be so frustrating! I hope you'll be able to get through a few DDs and get your JUDDD mojo back and get back where you want to be. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Hi Tina!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Back!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Of course I remember you! I think DDs are extra hard when you haven't done them in awhile...just like in the beginning. I would probably stick to EOD rotations strictly for a bit, but start a bit higher and ease down in calories if you can. You can do it! I'm sorry you've suddenly hit a stubborn few pounds. You'll get down there where you want to be again!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I remember your avatar/picture; but did your user name change? For some reason I am not remembering it. Could just blame it on brain fog, though. Welcome back. Whenever I have a hard time getting back on track with down days I go extremely low carb for a couple of down days. It stops the cravings and gets me back to the place where I can do more moderate carb/low cal again.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for all the welcomes and votes of confidence that I can get back on this wagon. I usually keep carbs pretty moderate (100-150), but lately my huge downfall has been potato chips. They are def a no-brakes food for me, and I eat them pretty much daily with my lunch. I need to go cold turkey and just say NO.

Flutter--I am completely drawing a blank on what EOD stands for??? Good idea on starting out a little higher on dd's and working down to them. Advice I've given others-amazing how you forget.

wiifit--no name change. But glad you remember me.

LoCabGal--wow! Look how far you've come! Great job.

Keira'smom too! You are so tiny!!!!

And Carly---holy smokes! The before and after pics in your sig and avatar are simply amazing. You have OWNED this and look fabulous.

Leona--sorry you are dealing with a bit of creep too. But you are right, we know how to do this, we know it works, and it's just a matter of wanting it enough to be a little hungry, every other day.

I refuse to get to Jan 1 with any more weight than I have right now. It was SO amazing last year NOT to have "lose weight" as a New Year's resolution. It would be wonderful if I could take care of this extra before then so it wouldn't be on there again.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes and votes of confidence that I can get back on this wagon. I usually keep carbs pretty moderate (100-150), but lately my huge downfall has been potato chips. They are def a no-brakes food for me, and I eat them pretty much daily with my lunch. I need to go cold turkey and just say NO.

Flutter--I am completely drawing a blank on what EOD stands for??? Good idea on starting out a little higher on dd's and working down to them. Advice I've given others-amazing how you forget.

wiifit--no name change. But glad you remember me.

LoCabGal--wow! Look how far you've come! Great job.

Keira'smom too! You are so tiny!!!!

And Carly---holy smokes! The before and after pics in your sig and avatar are simply amazing. You have OWNED this and look fabulous.

Leona--sorry you are dealing with a bit of creep too. But you are right, we know how to do this, we know it works, and it's just a matter of wanting it enough to be a little hungry, every other day.

I refuse to get to Jan 1 with any more weight than I have right now. It was SO amazing last year NOT to have "lose weight" as a New Year's resolution. It would be wonderful if I could take care of this extra before then so it wouldn't be on there again.
Of course you can!!! Here you are!!

EOD: every other day There are so many acronyms over here, aren't there? Sorry 'bout that!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I remember you! I have found myself in the same boat with the exception that DDs are easier this time around. good luck!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Hi Tina! I had a similar issue with maintenance. Maintenance was just so easy that after several months I stopped dropping in here as often. My rotations became more and more relaxed and my clothes started getting tighter. It did take a while for the weight to start coming back on but I have had to go back to full JUDDD to get rid of them. Low DD's took a while to get back to as well but seem to be necessary again for me to lose. They are starting to feel normal again and much easier. I am sure you will be back into the swing of things soon and at the weight you like in no time.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
Hi Tina I remember you! I always loved reading your posts. Welcome back!!!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Back Tina! I remember your avi too, but also thought you changed your name lol. Those last 10 lbs or so will be outta here in no time!!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Hi Tina good to see u...! Funny we've both came crawling back about the same time.

I'm singing that same song.
I'm fighting ten pounds for awhile.
We went to Europe, Germany, Amsterdam, Muncie this summer.
Came home in a carbaholic state, still there
I ve done well giving up the wheat, but the sugar is still running in my vains.
So have not lost a ounce...
But like u said, and we know....we've done it before we can do it again.
Yes doesnt everybody look great!! So proud of those that have kept on keeping on
Ok Tina.
It happened to u and me..lets do something like.......be a judder again!
Ok I've had 90 UD in a roll at least.
I plan to start tmw.
A Good dd or bust and eat stupid grape jelly...not
Wish I had my dr. johnsons book again, gave it to someone.
Remembered it helped me to comb over it
Good luck Tina and everybody knew at this awesome way if eating!
Terri aka Eiei o, Ei for short
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tina……….. wonderful to see you, I remember how thrilled you were to wear that lovely dress, wasn't it vintage from your Grandma?

You can do this, remember that you can work down to lower DDs, you need to look at those numbers and remind yourself that even at 40% you are helping your body to build up the suirtuins.

And Eieio too.

What a great bonus to see so many friends coming 'home'.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Welcome back Tina. I certainly remember you.
Eieio, good to hear from you too!

I'm currently having to build up my sirtuins again, having been abroad a lot and enjoying many more UDs than makes for effective JUDDDing.

You'll soon get back into the swing of it. You've begun. Keep posting!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Me too Flossy Liz!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Me too Flossy Liz!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Hi, Tina! I'm still around, too. I mostly lurk, but I think that reading posts encourages me to continue doing what I'm doing. And it's continuing to work well. Right this minute I'm sitting with a couple of extra pounds I gained thanks to several up days in a row during my niece's wedding weekend. I'm so thankful that JUDDD will have them back off in a couple of rotations!

Everyone here has given you good advice, and I know you can get right back on the wagon and get those pesky pounds off. We're here for you!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #21

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Tina - I am still here too! I have missed you. Sorry for your struggles!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Hello to everyone!

Have gotten 2 dd's in, both around 750, but yesterday I was starting to feel cold, so that's good. UD today! DD tomorrow and it's my dd's bday, so it may be tricky, but I can't eat her cake anyway, so I should be ok. It's her sweet 16, and she's convinced it's going to be a nothing special day. I have planned to surprise her with her first pedicure, and then a trip to the coffee shop, plus her favorite donuts for breakfast and pizza for lunch (neither of which I can or will eat). So I hope she is pleased.

One thing this is helping already is making me more intentional in my food choices. I'm logging calories again too, and I think before stuffing it in my face, "do I REALLY want to have to put this down?" I haven't had potato chips since starting! (I know it's only been a few days, but they were a daily indulgence, and not just a single serving either).

Kissa--the dress was from my Grandmother, but not vintage. She just has awesome taste in clothes. And is shrinking, so ungrows a lot of her things. I wish my foot was 1/2 size smaller because she has awesome shoes as well, and can't wear heels at all anymore. (she will be 97 in Jan).
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote