Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Thursday - What's up!? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816705-dd-thursday-whats-up.html)

ladybarometer 11-07-2013 06:31 AM

DD Thursday - What's up!?

Water!!!
Coffee with Cream and splenda
Baked Tilapia and broccoli with a slice of cheese on top :yummy:

Calories: 417

Hope today gets better - I was late (actually, everyone was late) so my boss was not amused. Not really in trouble, but I hate messing up, especially when it's something so silly :annoyed:

zipp2play 11-07-2013 06:57 AM

Quest bar 170c
Salad 85c
Yogurt 100c
Soup 140c / 200c not sure which!

around 500c

Sorry you were late today! If everyone was late, that is probably why the boss wasn't amused!

HAPPY FRIDAY - EVE ALL!

LoCarbGal 11-07-2013 07:09 AM

Happy Friday Eve, for sure! And that means UD Friday - whoooo!

LB, I love your new avi! You guys look happy!

B: Water (unusual for me), hot Blackcurrant tea
L: Coffee/HWC
S: Chicken broth with hot sauce
D: Chicken breast, chobani

Target: 500

Sirtain 11-07-2013 07:11 AM

Doing another water Down Day today.

Feeling anxious because one of my dogs(Salem) has hurt her back. Taking her to the vet this afternoon. We had to put our dachshund Munterle down because of back problems when I was a kid so this is raising old emotions. And I hate to see her in distress.

LoCarbGal 11-07-2013 07:28 AM

:hugs: and :aprayer: coming for you and your Salem-pup, Sirtain. I'll be anxious to hear how she is doing.

mafiamom 11-07-2013 07:56 AM

Coffee with cream 60
Broth with hwc 55
Half grilled cheese lite cheese lite bread 90

That's 205. Going for 350 today.

mafiamom 11-07-2013 08:05 AM

And Sirtain, I feel for you. I hate when the furbabies aren't doing well. Keep us posted. Hugs!!

Low Carb Librarian 11-07-2013 09:36 AM

I haven't had anything yet today... Sitting waiting for my car to get an oil change.
I have a frozen meal at work (250)
I will have to see what I can do with the 110 I have left.

I will likely be off my rotations this weekend due to our last Disneyland trip. Our passes run out on the 20th and we don't plan to go back for a couple of years. I am not going to worry about calories but I am not going to go crazy either.

sorenkkg 11-07-2013 09:49 AM

OMG Sirt-:aprayer: and :hugs: :heart: for your furbaby. How did she hurt her back? What breed is she?
:hugs:
-----
LB-- nice avi! :D
---

I am ZOOOOMMMMMIINNGGGG today! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

I think it might be the pteroblue? Whatever, it's ok, though there is a slight anxious edge to it that is less enjoyable.
(those who know me, know I don't do well with caffeine... this is sort of like that).

Oh-- and I just had some caffeine :doh:
Had a large mug of "coffe pu'erh" tea, which is a type of tea, and flavored with coffee beans (few) and other stuff-- sort of tastes like hot chocolate. But since it's effectively black tea, I have to limit my intake, and keep it in the morning.
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM

But I'm putting the energy to good use, as much as I can...

1) bought tix to the Paul Simon/Sting show coming in March. Had an EPIC battle with the ticketing website (retried 3 times, including it hanging on me in the last stage on try 2...) but got good tix and am EXCITED :jumpjoy:

2) then I ran to the basement b/c the level of clutter there was driving me NUTSO :stars:
My DH's cleaning technique involves putting things in bags, randomly, and putting them in the basement.
Then I can't find the Velcro. ya know? :annoyed:
I cleaned out the 2nd fridge of old low-carb baking ingredients that I'll NEVER use.
:muscles: I feel very liberated. And now we have more room for wine. :D

Ok-- now I need to *sit still * and finish my expenses. UGH. Kill me.

Food plan:
B: as above. :) vitamins, water, caffeinated tea.

L: if needed, a protein shake with water to = 1L

D: ground turkey "tacos" (ground turkey, spices, lettuce wraps, and a bit of salsa and a very tiny bit of cheese).

maybe an apple if needed.
600 cal planned.

phew.

S.

MaryEllenC 11-07-2013 10:02 AM

B: coffee w/cream & splenda
L: small Wendy's chili
D: chicken soup
S: string cheese

500 cals

Hope the evening hungries aren't too bad tonight. Tuesday was my first DD and stayed within calorie limit but was so hungry that night that I went to bed at 8pm just so I wouldn't be tempted to eat!

Mary Ellen

zipp2play 11-07-2013 10:07 AM

Sirtain, do update us on Salem's appoitment. My thoughts are out to you both!

Mary Ellen, it will get better! :welcome: to JUDDD

sorenkkg 11-07-2013 10:19 AM

:welcome: to JUDDD Mary Ellen!

I know the feeling-- going to bed early is a common DD solution. They get better-- give it a couple weeks. Have hot liquids and sweaters on hand though-- getting chilly does NOT usually go away (except maybe in the summer ;) ).

:) S.

LoCarbGal 11-07-2013 10:27 AM

:welcome: Mary Ellen! DDs will get easier, I promise.

Soren, girl you just crack me up! :hyst:

LiLi914 11-07-2013 11:39 AM

UD Friday tomorrow. WOO HOO!!!!

L: Vanilla yogurt and grapes (114c)
D: Unsure as of now. Would be nice to forgo dinner, but I typically need something small just to munch on. Suggestions?

Sirtain 11-07-2013 11:57 AM

I feel you on the caffeine buzz, Soren. I get a little crazy when I get caffeinated. Good job on putting it to good use in decluttering.

KeirasMom 11-07-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLi914 (Post 16674839)
UD Friday tomorrow. WOO HOO!!!!

L: Vanilla yogurt and grapes (114c)
D: Unsure as of now. Would be nice to forgo dinner, but I typically need something small just to munch on. Suggestions?

Cucumbers or celery usually work well for me if I'm just feeling "munchy."

LiLi914 11-07-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16674899)
Cucumbers or celery usually work well for me if I'm just feeling "munchy."

Love both, but pretty sure that I do not have either one in my fridge right now. :dunno:

KeirasMom 11-07-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLi914 (Post 16674953)
Love both, but pretty sure that I do not have either one in my fridge right now. :dunno:

Hah! Then I'm out of ideas. Broth or tea? Won't help with the chewing though.

Sirtain 11-07-2013 03:06 PM

Salem has a bulging disc. She's on medication, and should feel better in a day or two, but we are meant to prevent her from jumping down from things. This will be tricky. I've moved the sofa out of the living room and replaced it with a mattress for now, but that's not a long-term solution. And she sleeps with us. It may be very hard to get them to go back to their crate after four years of bed privileges.

I'll be pondering.

LoCarbGal 11-07-2013 03:53 PM

Aww, poor baby! When I had my dog spayed she would not stop jumping on the bed, so I kept her in the bedroom, took out the bedframe and left the mattress. I hung out in the bedroom with her too - wouldn't want her to be lonely - or me either! I also had a ramp made when she got older and couldn't jump anymore, covered with leftover carpet from when my house was built. She never really liked it, but I hear lots of dogs and cats do.

Hope she's feeling better real soon! And you have to leave her tomorrow too - will that be hard to do?

Librarygirl 11-07-2013 04:11 PM

I sleep with my dog and cats too lol.:love: It doesn't make for a clean bed, but I'd rather wake up with pet hair than to make them get down. I think they own me, rather than the other way around.;) My Jack Russel mix, Joey, was bad about continuing to try and jump after she was spayed too. I don't remember how I handled it. I probably picked her up!

Sirtain, I hope Salem recovers quickly.:aprayer::heart:

sorenkkg 11-07-2013 04:30 PM

She might have to be crated when she's 100% alone... I can't imagine, neither of my dogs do/did like crates once they were done with them (greyhounds...long story with crates).

I hear physio and acupuncture can really help with the back/disc (disk?) issues though.
I missed what breed Salem is?

re: snacking-- pickles, olives, beets... I like jarred things. Just a few usually solves the craving.
Baby carrots seem to last forever in my fridge, and are only slightly more cals than celery. Something like 10cal per ounce. I like them with seasoned salt. No need for dip!

I continue to rock-ON today :kicking:

No food all day! No protein shake/water, nada. WOO!

So I used most of my calories in a HUGE dinner-- I can't believe it:

1c of ground turkey, dry pan fried with chili powder (120cal per 1/2c)
about 1 whole red bell pepper (I say about, b/c I mixed a red and an orange one)- 30 cal
some sliced mushrooms, pan fried dry (free! seriously...mushrooms, I'm not counting them)
some sliced green onions (raw) (ditto to the mushrooms)
6T of medium salsa (2T is 10 cal)
2/3c light shredded cheese (mozz/cheddar)-- 80 cal per 1/3c

Anyway-- I was going to do this like "tacos" in a romaine leaf... and when I saw it all together, I just ate it right out of the bowl!
SO MUCH FOOD!

I forgot that DDs don't have to be about pain and suffering and sadness.

So-- I might have an apple (70) or I might have 2/3c of Yoplait Source 0%-- it comes in these awesome flavors, namely lemon meringue parfait-- I swear they put the flavor of the graham crust in there too...

:yummy: and a very accomplished day decluttering the downstairs.

#win!

Librarygirl 11-07-2013 04:37 PM

Sounds like a splenfantabulous day, Soren!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Rebecca1979 11-07-2013 07:01 PM

I drank my cals today! I'm great with that, though!

1 Fage yogurt with honey (I didn't eat the honey, yick!)(160)
1 Slimfast shake (110), coconut milk(45), and 1 tab all natural pb(110).

I want to eventually replace the PB with protein powder or something! Maybe tofu(I'm scared of the estrogen)

Librarygirl 11-07-2013 07:03 PM

I drank mine too! Coffee, iced coffee, soup and wine. :D

sorenkkg 11-07-2013 09:08 PM

Atta girl, Cindy! ;)

Rebecca, look up pb2... All th. Pb flavor, half the calories.
Dont don't do tofu, imho. Use whey protein powder instead.

I endsd the day at 565. Feel like a rock star :)
Will make that turkey taco bowl again!
And the source yogurt- big bowl for 100 cals. Woo hoo!

Now... How do i turn off the energy so I can sleep? :sleepy: