Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Wednesday ~ Who's joining me? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816654-dd-wednesday-whos-joining-me.html)

KeirasMom 11-06-2013 07:10 AM

DD Wednesday ~ Who's joining me?

B: Jet Fuel coffee, 1 C FF Greek yogurt with EZ-Sweetz (125)
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero sauce and onions (184)
S: May have a Click mocha (120)
D: ??

Lemontini 11-06-2013 07:31 AM

B - Diet Pepsi

No plans for the rest of the day, woke up to snow on the ground (brr!) so I'm thinking there will be lots of broth.

SlimNana 11-06-2013 07:49 AM

DD 400 max. (not sure it's worth me posting my meal plan anymore, since I'll continue having the same thing as usual on 3 DDs weekly M-W-F until I reach my goal)

Coffee, non-dairy creamer, splenda
Quest protein bar - apple pie flavor
Chocolate whey protein
Diet hot cocoa & 1 tsp. coconut oil

:yummy: ~ Ann

Flutter 11-06-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemontini (Post 16672928)
B - Diet Pepsi

No plans for the rest of the day, woke up to snow on the ground (brr!) so I'm thinking there will be lots of broth.

Oh noooo, not the dreaded "S" word!!!! :sad: Stay warm!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimNana (Post 16672960)
DD 400 max. (not sure it's worth me posting my meal plan anymore, since I'll continue having the same thing as usual on 3 DDs weekly M-W-F until I reach my goal)

Coffee, non-dairy creamer, splenda
Quest protein bar - apple pie flavor
Chocolate whey protein
Diet hot cocoa & 1 tsp. coconut oil

:yummy: ~ Ann

I always wonder why I bother posting my DD menus, too. Pretty boring when they're usually mainly coffee. Oh well, I guess it's for the company! :heart:

Needless to say, just coffee with skim now, then probably a large skinny peppermint mocha later because I will be freezing and hungry around 2-3. ;)

Goner 11-06-2013 08:40 AM

DD Wednesday - coffee with half and half for breakfast, see how long my hunger waits - and then some HOT chicken broth. Have a nasty sore throat, so sipping ACV with water all day and sucking on sugar free Halls. Dinner will be some baked cod with lemon and some green salad with Walden Farms dressing.

Mimosa23 11-06-2013 09:10 AM

I'm eating everything at once:

3 eggs scrambled in a TB of coconut oil, sprinkled with 2 TB of grated parmesan, 1/2 cup of saurkraut on the side, accompanied by a cup of homemade chicken bone broth with a TB of Kerrygold butter.

Cals: 505
Protein: 26 grams/ 21%
Fat: 73 grams/ 76%
Carbs: 4 grams/ 3%

Low Carb Librarian 11-06-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16672893)
B: Jet Fuel coffee, 1 C FF Greek yogurt with EZ-Sweetz (125)
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero sauce and onions (184)
S: May have a Click mocha (120)
D: ??

I have seen you post a few times about a Click latte or mocha. What is a click?

Scarlett46 11-06-2013 10:38 AM

HUNGRY today!!!
B: Coffee, HB egg, Black Forest ham
S: Greek yogurt (maybe... if I have time...)
D: Chicken, Veggies
Coffee

Lemontini 11-06-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16672998)

It's melting pretty fast, but it was not a pleasant sight this morning, I hate winter!

I got my Netrition order yesterday, some Walden Farms dressing and a bag of shiritaki noodles so I may have to do something with one of those. I'm a little skeered of the noodles, they look strange, but I'll give them a try.

MsWoods 11-06-2013 10:55 AM

For those of you that think posting your menus, however minimal, is not beneficial, it is for me. I don't follow JUDDD but I come here and lurk a lot to see what low calorie things you guys have. So I personally enjoy reading every little bit.:hiya:

MsWoods 11-06-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemontini (Post 16673251)
It's melting pretty fast, but it was not a pleasant sight this morning, I hate winter!

I got my Netrition order yesterday, some Walden Farms dressing and a bag of shiritaki noodles so I may have to do something with one of those. I'm a little skeered of the noodles, they look strange, but I'll give them a try.

Don't be scared. Think more of an rice noodle texture. Just be ready for the dreaded "fishy" smell when you open the bag. Run them under cold water for about 30 seconds, maybe squeeze some lemon juice on them (I have never, everyone else swears by it), I cut them up with scissors and pan dry them for about 10 minutes, then just use them as you would. I have a whole thread with shiritake recipes:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/re...shiratake.html

KeirasMom 11-06-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16673191)
I have seen you post a few times about a Click latte or mocha. What is a click?

Click is a brand of protein powder. They make Mocha Espresso, Vanilla Latte Espresso, and Decaf Mocha Espresso. It tastes just like a fancy coffee shop drink, for 120 calories and 15 grams of protein. I've been trying to work on getting more protein, so this is an indulgence. Sometimes I add some SF Raspberry Torani syrup, too.

tobelowcarber 11-06-2013 11:40 AM

B: 1 tsp ghee
L: 4 oz baked salmon, HB egg white, broth
D: HB egg white, broth

280-300 cal, staying low today after 4 UUADs :stars:

sharkini 11-06-2013 01:48 PM

Eggs and canadian bacon (194)
Salad with 4 oz turkey (125)
Soup (180)
Chicken burger (190)

Total 689
30% target: 715

Flutter 11-06-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16672998)

I always wonder why I bother posting my DD menus, too. Pretty boring when they're usually mainly coffee. Oh well, I guess it's for the company! :heart:

Needless to say, just coffee with skim now, then probably a large skinny peppermint mocha later because I will be freezing and hungry around 2-3. ;)

Editing to say DH called me to go to lunch. He picked subway, so I went with a turkey chopped salad & ff ranch dressing. I still ordered my skinny mocha, too. I love that thing, I can sip on it for hours. Mmmmmmm

Gotta add my calories up. I think I'm at 380ish. (190 for each, I believe)

Lemontini 11-06-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16673305)
Don't be scared. Think more of an rice noodle texture. Just be ready for the dreaded "fishy" smell when you open the bag. Run them under cold water for about 30 seconds, maybe squeeze some lemon juice on them (I have never, everyone else swears by it), I cut them up with scissors and pan dry them for about 10 minutes, then just use them as you would. I have a whole thread with shiritake recipes:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/re...shiratake.html

I'm going to check that out right now, thanks!!

jdforshort 11-06-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett46 (Post 16673244)
HUNGRY today!!!
B: Coffee, HB egg, Black Forest ham
S: Greek yogurt (maybe... if I have time...)
D: Chicken, Veggies
Coffee

Me too! I was hoping to pull another Monday but doesn't look like it. Felt a bit light headed so had to eat! Must be due to lower Cal yesterday and exercise.

Dawn, where do you get this powder - sounds great for protein uptake!

Marika, Ghee? I only have that when I go to India and that too mixed with raw brown sugar!:yummy: I love whipped butter too!

B. Black coffee
L. 1/2 cup roasted okra (65), Persimmon (70), tea with milk (32)
D. ????

tobelowcarber 11-06-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdforshort (Post 16673574)
Marika, Ghee? I only have that when I go to India and that too mixed with raw brown sugar!:yummy: I love whipped butter too!

Yeah, I love ghee and everything Indian. I make it once a week :yummy: (just for the smell alone in the kitchen :lol:).

KeirasMom 11-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdforshort (Post 16673574)
Me too! I was hoping to pull another Monday but doesn't look like it. Felt a bit light headed so had to eat! Must be due to lower Cal yesterday and exercise.

Dawn, where do you get this powder - sounds great for protein uptake!

B. Black coffee
L. 1/2 cup roasted okra (65), Persimmon (70), tea with milk (32)
D. ????

I got mine at Vitamin Shoppe. :yummy: DH loves it too, so we go through a fair amount at our house.

Can one purchase ghee? I'm culinarily challenged, but have access to several Indian stores where I get curry powder and such.

tobelowcarber 11-06-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16673660)
Can one purchase ghee? I'm culinarily challenged, but have access to several Indian stores where I get curry powder and such.

Yes Dawn, any indian grocery store will have it. You just want to look for pure ghee made from butter (not palm oil or such). You can also buy at the Whole Foods, Traders Joe's or any healthfood store.

KatinaZ25 11-06-2013 04:07 PM

I'm on a DD today. Its not horrible, thankfully.

B- Coffee with HH
L- Small side salad (no dressing)
D- Not sure (might do a frozen meal)

I'm not overly hungry right now but I will be when I get home from work.

That's for sure.

Katina

KeirasMom 11-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16673672)
Yes Dawn, any indian grocery store will have it. You just want to look for pure ghee made from butter (not palm oil or such). You can also buy at the Whole Foods, Traders Joe's or any healthfood store.

On my shopping list. Thanks!

adillenal 11-06-2013 06:15 PM

DD
B - coffee with HWC
L - nada
D - coffee with HWC

and early to bed since I am cold and really really tired for some reason. Worked today and then had oodles of chores when I got home.

Rosebud5t 11-06-2013 06:56 PM

B: hard boiled egg (70)
L: shiritake noodles/mushrooms/light Alfredo (59)
S: bouillon (5)
D: red snapper, zucchini (158)
S: maybe gluc pudding or shake (18-40)

310-332 total --- 384 target

Carly 11-06-2013 07:04 PM

6am cup of coffee with 30 calories of SF creamer.
8:30pm-glass of double fudge diet soda with a table spoon of SF peppermint mocha creamer :yummy:= 15

Bedtime snack: 2 ounces cucumber salad= 28 calorie
3 Kim's Deli Pops = 30
1 laughing cow light wedge= 35
1/2 ounce turkey pepperoni = 35
2 ounces pickles= 8

Total= 181 maybe a 40 calorie fudge pop, maybe 40 calories of yogurt.

teeingoff17 11-06-2013 10:49 PM

Coffee, 2 cups this morning and an iced americano in the afternoon. No other food/drink except water. Nothing else. Needed a good jumpstart, back into it.