Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD Success!! I'm Astonished!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816546-juddd-success-im-astonished.html)

LGG 11-04-2013 09:46 AM

JUDDD Success!! I'm Astonished!!

I've been on JUDDD for a couple of months, and I have now gone below my goal - which I thought was probably lower than I could get, but I decided to dream. I am astonished that I weigh what I do, since I am in the middle of the throws of menopause, which made me gain 10+ pounds practically overnight a year ago. Now I weigh 7 pounds *less* than I did when I started to gain menopause weight (what?!!!). In fact, I don't think I've seen this weight for about 15 years. It's like JUDDD has turned back time on my metabolism.

I've lost a total of 14 pounds in 2 months (I had lost 3 pounds in 3 months prior to starting this go-round of weight loss - so that proves to me that JUDDD is the difference).

DDs were very difficult for me at first - I practically slept through the first few weeks of them. I still don't love them, but I can go longer without eating now - all the way until dinner time - which I absolutely could not do at first. That makes it easier because I can just have coffee with half and half in the morning (2 Tbs), and then have a relatively normal dinner with family and/or friends on DDs :jumpjoy:

I did go through a two week period where I was "stuck" at 135 - 137. I thought I'd just, then, stay there, which had been my normal weight range throughout most of my 40s. But I've been just chugging along with JUDDD, and over the last 2 weeks, several more pounds have melted off.

I think that now that the JUDDD magic has really kicked in, my body will naturally fall to it's best weight. As long as I'm not suffering, I'm happy to stick with JUDDD and see where it takes me.

I have changed up my DD/UD calories a bit. I usually have between 400 - 500 calories on DDs, and 1500-1600 calories on UDs, even though the calculator says I should have lower DDs, and higher UDs. My average calories are still the same. Also - after the initial two week induction, I have allowed myself to go up to the 35% weight loss mode DD levels if I needed to (out of town guests, stressful work week where I had to eat out more than usual,etc.). JUDDD is very forgiving!

Anyway - Woot! I feel great! Thanks to everyone who regularly posts here and are so generous with time and advice.

LoCarbGal 11-04-2013 10:15 AM

:jumpjoy: That is fantastic LGG! Thanks so much for posting this. Any little tidbit of encouragement makes huge differences to so many people. And wonderfully HUGE results like yours even more so! WTG! :jumpjoy:

leonak 11-04-2013 10:26 AM

LGG! What great news, I'm very happy for you!

:shake::jumpjoy::high5::clap:

KeirasMom 11-04-2013 10:56 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

KatinaZ25 11-04-2013 12:31 PM

Great news!! That's very inspiring to hear from someone who is starting out again after a long hiatus. Congrats!!!

Barbo 11-04-2013 12:38 PM

AWESOME

LLG ya did real good :jumpjoy:

sorenkkg 11-04-2013 01:01 PM

WTG LGG! :sing: I'm so happy we have another satisfied customer! :D
S.

tobelowcarber 11-04-2013 02:01 PM

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your success!!!

Flutter 11-04-2013 02:10 PM

Oh this just makes me SO HAPPY!!!!! :heart: I love that Juddd works so well, regardless of hormones, age, etc. Woohoooo, good for you!!!!!! I bet you are so happy, and RELIEVED as well!!!! YAY!

Librarygirl 11-04-2013 03:12 PM

Wonderful, happy news!!!:clap::clap:I love hearing how JUDDD does great things for people.:love:

Carly 11-04-2013 03:50 PM

Awesome! KUTGW!

Rosebud5t 11-04-2013 07:38 PM

YAY!!!!! :clap:

LGG 11-05-2013 05:31 AM

Thanks everyone!! :love:

theredhead 11-05-2013 07:37 AM

LGG, JUDDD did the same thing for me. I struggled with menopause weight that didn't want to budge any other way. I found myself losing more weight than I originally intended to, when I was counting my UD calories. I was delighted, but decided that I actually looked a little gaunt, so I changed my goal weight up a few pounds and have been eating anything I want on UDs for a very long time. My weight is very stable with JUDDD and I couldn't be happier. Congratulations!

LGG 11-05-2013 11:10 AM

Thanks, Laurie - your story is inspiring. So are your pictures!

My own doctor told me last year that losing weight at my stage of life would be extremely difficult, and for most women going through late peri-menopause, the best we could hope for is to maintain. I had a hard time accepting that, and I'm so glad that I kept looking for a solution.

I'm so thankful for JUDDD. Looking at the stats and ages of women here who had been losing weight through peri and post menopause inspired me to think that at the very least if I started JUDDDing, I could stop the gain train. As I said above, I'm astonished that I not only hit goal (and so much more quickly than I'd anticipated), but have now even surpassed it by a bit. Whoa.

Rebecca1979 11-05-2013 03:35 PM

Wahoo! Very inspiring!

Goner 11-06-2013 04:07 AM

Thank you for sharing. I too lost my menopause weight - which I thought was impossible, and am so thankful I found JUDDD. I was surprised that I could lose on average 1 - 1.5 pounds a week - as no other eating plan after I was 50 years of age had made much of a difference. I now believe I can get even lower than my original goal weight to get off the last bit of weight and best of all, with JUDDD - for the first time, I believe I can maintain this weight.

Congrats on your loss!!! Great Job!

mojocat 11-06-2013 04:33 AM

Thank you also for sharing. You have inspired me to go back to JUDDD for maintenance. Time after time I see the same positive comments about JUDDD. I stopped JUDDD as I was having issues with binging on the UD's but feel that I am getting a better control of this issue; and nothing cleans the slate like a good old DD. Thanks again. I'm feeling so much more positive that I can keep this weight from returning using JUDDD.

LGG 11-07-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

I was surprised that I could lose on average 1 - 1.5 pounds a week - as no other eating plan after I was 50 years of age had made much of a difference.
I had this experience too, Goner! Only my former ease at losing weight started waning in my early 40s and left me completely by my late 40s. The results I'm getting with JUDDD seem miraculous.

Quote:

I'm feeling so much more positive that I can keep this weight from returning using JUDDD.
Yes - this is how I'm feeling, too , mojocat. :)