Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Hi everyone...I'm back...after being gone for a LONG time.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816535-hi-everyone-im-back-after-being-gone-long-time.html)

KatinaZ25 11-04-2013 08:29 AM

Hi everyone...I'm back...after being gone for a LONG time....

Hi everyone.

I've been gone from this board and JUDD for a LONG time...about a year and I've gained back everything I lost and then some....about 20 lbs. It doesn't help that I have to lose about 80 lbs. Ugh. I'm so struggling today because its a DD and I need JUDD to work for me this time because honestly I can't do WW ( I don't do well with points) and I can't do low carb (I'm Greek). The last time I did JUDD, I had lost 10 lbs in about a month. It was great. I felt so good because I felt like I had control. DD's were hard initially but then became days I looked forward to because I didn't have to plan meals (if that makes sense). Today, though, I'm dreading my DD.

I do have a question. I have been reading many of the threads and I see some of you have said you are doing 5:2. I'm not sure what that is. Can someone explain that to me?

Also, just so that everyone is clear, my stats, as I've determined from the JUDD site is that my DD calories are 470 and my UD are 2370.

Thanks!

Kathy

KeirasMom 11-04-2013 08:41 AM

:welcome: back!

5:2 is what I like to call "JUDDD Light." Instead of every other day fasting, it's 2 non-consecutive days per week. Many of us use that for maintaining, but few of us actually lose on it.

KatinaZ25 11-04-2013 08:54 AM

Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much for your response and your explanation. I do NOT think that 5:2 is right for me right now. LOL. I need to kick it into gear for weight loss.

You seem to have had great results with JUDD. Congratulations!!!

Kathy

LoCarbGal 11-04-2013 09:04 AM

:welcome: back Kathy! The first few DDs can be so hard, but if you can power through them and get to the calmer, easier DDs, you'll be so glad you did. Well, of course you know that because you've done this before. And so, you can do it again!

Post with us as often as you can. Just chatting it out really is so helpful. I would never have lost as much as I have without JUDDD or my wonderful JBs! :love:

KeirasMom 11-04-2013 09:05 AM

Thanks Kathy. For me, JUDDD has been a life-changing WOE. I never ever ever thought I'd be thin again and maintaining relatively effortlessly. I wish the same for you. :love:

KatinaZ25 11-04-2013 09:18 AM

Hi Carol,

Thanks so much!!! I'm glad to be back! Today is definitely challenging. I'm STARVING! However, I'm drinking my water and getting ready to have some "lunch".

I look forward to going home on my DD's because that means I don't have to be around my co-workers and their food.

Thanks for the warm welcome and congrats on your success too!! You've done amazing!!!

Kathy

LoCarbGal 11-04-2013 09:23 AM

Thanks Kathy! I agree totally with Dawn, who is one of my JUDDD heroes and inspirations. It's life changing!

zipp2play 11-04-2013 11:06 AM

I do 4:3 I have set rotations. MWF Up days and then I choose which day Sa/Sun I want to be an Up day. Just started that...so far, I am doing ok. My losses weren't huge before, but I am close to goal

KatinaZ25 11-04-2013 11:24 AM

Hi Monica!

Thanks for the information! How long ahve you been doing JUDD? When I first started JUDD, over a year ago, I stuck to the rotations. BUT, if I could have specific days, that might be a good way to go.

Kathy

sorenkkg 11-04-2013 01:06 PM

Hi Kathy!
I'm right where you are... almost the entirety of 2013 was a bust for me... but try, try again, right?

Some people do MWF dd's, and can lose. Many find they only lose with straight rotations. I'm one of those. I'll do a MD (medium day) now and then, but mostly, straight rotations for me.

:hugs: we're all here for each other! Glad to have you here!
S.

Librarygirl 11-04-2013 03:34 PM

:welcome: Kathy!

Carly 11-04-2013 03:46 PM

:welcome: back Kathy! I maintain with 5:2, but lost with strict EOD rotations. I frequently say that Juddd was life transforming for me. This board and my Juddd buds play a huge part in my ability to maintain easily.

Flutter 11-04-2013 05:40 PM

Welcome (back)!!!! I am glad you found DDs easier as you went along last time! Hopefully that will keep you going during those rough initially hungry times! I am sure you will do excellent again!!! Post often, if you can. It truly does help!

KatinaZ25 11-05-2013 08:37 PM

Hi Soren! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think I may stick with rotations and throw in a mid day only if need be. I plan on coming here daily to motivate myself.

Kathy

KatinaZ25 11-05-2013 08:38 PM

Thanks Cindy!!

KatinaZ25 11-05-2013 08:40 PM

Hi Carly! Wow, you did great with JUDD!!! Thanks for sharing and I'm thinking EOD is what I need to stick with.

Kathy

KatinaZ25 11-05-2013 08:41 PM

Hi Melinda,

Thanks!! Yesterday was rough! But, I got through it. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Kathy

sorenkkg 11-06-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatinaZ25 (Post 16672597)
Hi Soren! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think I may stick with rotations and throw in a mid day only if need be. I plan on coming here daily to motivate myself.

Kathy

It's what I'm doing too-- throwing myself into JUDDD fully. Tracking my food, posting that here, posting on the DD thread for extra support... It helps that my DH is doing it too.
The more support the better! :high5:

Rebecca1979 11-06-2013 11:44 AM

Welcome back! <3

KatinaZ25 11-06-2013 02:55 PM

Thanks Rebecca!!!