Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Saturday - food! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816412-ud-saturday-food.html)

sorenkkg 11-02-2013 06:53 AM

UD Saturday - food!

Hi!
It's dh's bday on Monday , so celebration starts now of course. But I'm counting cals, and hope to not lose my baby mojo ;)

B: dim sum
L: nay nay, will be full
D: steak and asparagus, and carrot cake.

LoCarbGal 11-02-2013 07:15 AM

My thoughts exactly Soren...FOOD! Happy early BD to DH!

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Not sure, but something really good!
D: Gimlets, chili
D: maybe some PB :yummy:

ladybarometer 11-02-2013 07:40 AM

B: cereal and 2% milk
L: leftover tomato tortellini soup
D: I don't know just yet... I think we're going out. I would love to have Red lobster shrimp scampi:yummy:

Sirtain 11-02-2013 08:27 AM

Turkey and mushrooms fried in coconut oil for breakfast.
I'm going to a funeral, so middle-of-the day food will be just a snack of olives and blueberries.
Then turkey, mushroom again for dinner, served over sweet potato, carrot, and parsnip mash.
I had a little 'incident' with cheese yesterday. I had immediate gas and bloating, so it is not looking good for dairy to be safe for me right now.
:(
I'll try it again (with better cheese, not pizza tops) next week. Fingers crossed.

Lemontini 11-02-2013 08:36 AM

B - 2 eggs, 1 pc of whole grain toast and a pat of butter

Not sure about the rest of the day. We were planning on Chili's take-out for lunch, but money is super tight until next week so I might be digging through the freezer to see what looks good instead.

sorenkkg 11-02-2013 06:15 PM

Thanks Carol! :) it was a fun day--
Dim sum for breakfast/lunch/snack (omg sooo good)-- I clocked it at around 1000 cal?

then we test drove 3 different dealerships-- kia, Mitsubishi, ford. Very weird at the ford dealership. Another time...

Then bought really good steaks, and I made homemade French fries (for the first time ever).

You know, if you put in that amount of work (took me about 1.5hrs, all told), you really wouldn't crave or eat them that much! :confused:

So: 1 12oz steak, and 1 russet potato's worth of fries.

1 butter tart (do you guys have that? imagine pecan pie, but instead of nuts, you have raisins).

:)
S.

Low Carb Librarian 11-02-2013 09:29 PM

Ate way too much candy today. But I think I quenched the candy corn craving.
:(

sorenkkg 11-02-2013 09:35 PM

I bought candy corn..... Earrings! :lol:

Pier 1 has the post Halloween sale... And a cute faux jewel bracelet with a jewel spider. And candy corn scented (and striped) votive candles, $.50 each! They'll melt and the colours will run and be orange, but smell delish. #win #caloriefree
;)

LoCarbGal 11-03-2013 02:01 PM

Fun earrings Soren! I want some!

No, I've never seen butter tarts. I've not had pecan pie since I was a kid, and I didn't like it much then. I had it at a diner, and I wonder if it just wasn't that good, because I was never that picky eater kid that didn't like "strange" foods. I liked everything from the start!

I've been thinking lately I need to try to make a pecan pie. It's looking kind of good to me. Maybe I'll have to get my aunt's recipe. I know her family loves it. I've never had it, as they live in Montana. But I'm getting curiouser!

sorenkkg 11-03-2013 02:24 PM

I have a good sugar free one from this site (it requires some specialty foods), but otherwise, they are really simple. I like a chocolate bourbon version lately myself ;) and will likely make these as mini tarts to give out on my next trip in CA (I bring mini tart pans with me, and buy the ingredients, and my hotel room has a kitchen).

it's a good easy pie, especially if you buy a good crust :)
S.

LoCarbGal 11-03-2013 02:35 PM

Well, the crust I have covered. I have my grandma's recipe and have mastered it. I actually love making it. Your tarts sound like a great idea!

Sirtain 11-04-2013 05:06 AM

Since we are talking PIE, let me tell you what our family does each year.

We have our Holiday Open House party the day after Thanksgiving. We serve coffee, warm cider, and PIE!

All kinds of PIE.

Our top year we had twenty-three PIES! Most years are in the 18-20 PIE range.

Pie, pie, PIE!

LoCarbGal 11-04-2013 06:26 AM

Now that sounds like a great idea! Not for dieting purposes, but for fun, socializing, and YUMMMMM!