Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Cheat Thread---You did it or you're in the throes of it

Okay, I need a thread to be accountable for "cheats". I want to get right back to my rotations and LC, but today was a total bust. A bust for a DD, and a bust for LC.

Do you need to confess?
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Not today, but last Saturday I ate a Western Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch, then had a full fat Mocha Frappucino in the afternoon, then had steak for dinner, then had roughly 1000 calories of Jamesons (all that on top of my normal breakfast).
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Not today, but last Saturday I ate a Western Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch, then had a full fat Mocha Frappucino in the afternoon, then had steak for dinner, then had roughly 1000 calories of Jamesons (all that on top of my normal breakfast).
Wow! I am impressed!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Wow! I am impressed!
It takes planning and dedication, but it CAN be done.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ummm, I am still paying for last Saturday night's indiscretions. It WAS an UD, but definitely my first UUAD. Wowie! Fun stuff, though.

No worries, it's just life girls. Get back on track tomorrow and move along. You know what to do already. (in the mean time, if you're gonna "cheat", enjoy it!!) LOL
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Not cheating per say..... More like an adjustment day. UD yesterday and probably a MD (Ack, who am I kidding??? Another UD today) as I need to shift things for a party on Friday.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Ummm, I am still paying for last Saturday night's indiscretions. It WAS an UD, but definitely my first UUAD. Wowie! Fun stuff, though.

No worries, it's just life girls. Get back on track tomorrow and move along. You know what to do already. (in the mean time, if you're gonna "cheat", enjoy it!!) LOL

Wow!!! And that is why you have been so successful!!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/127/115-120
OK, girls..Today my DD turned into UUAD. Bad bad carb bonanza!!!!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
OK, girls..Today my DD turned into UUAD. Bad bad carb bonanza!!!!
. The best part of JUDDD is each day is really a fresh start.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Carly. That's so true!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm continuing in my quest to obtain all the carbs I lost in the last 10 days. I think LC is backfiring on me.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
When ya do 'low carb' you truly MUST do higher fat. without that higher fat content you get hungry and you need about 3 days or so to hit ketosis which controls appetite usually for most, and then when you eat those higher carbs again after doing LC for a bit, believe me those carbs ARE VERY hard to get rid of again when that scale jumps up.

I am low carb and believe me you gotta do LC or don't do it combining the 2 ways of eating (carbs and sugar and whatever) and (lc of higher fat) don't mix. that is the SAD diet we are all striving to avoid in this world.

adopting a moderate lower carb with juddd is probably easier for most. limit yourself to carbs on down days which is very easy to do----then give yourself a limit of about 40-5-60-70 net carbs on up days. Anything under around 80-100 net carbs is a low day for most normal people. usually a normal SAD diet is way over that amt. anyway.

it would be best to give yourself limits. a 'plan' to follow on UP days. tweak it to work for you. that way you have more control and thought into those UP days. gives you a boundary which is something to 'handle, feel, get into, gives you control to bite into' and maybe that will help more.

You keep rocking LibrayGirl. One thing you sure have is determination and that means you are a winner during this whole journey!!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I am low carb and believe me you gotta do LC or don't do it combining the 2 ways of eating (carbs and sugar and whatever) and (lc of higher fat) don't mix. that is the SAD diet we are all striving to avoid in this world.
WOW - hadn't thought of it in that way, but so true - combining the two is the SAD diet. Must keep that one in my head... thanks.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

It's not that it didn't control my hunger, Trigger, and I did do higher fat. It worked well, for 10 days. The problem started on a DD, when I allowed myself extra snacks, and darn it, sweets, because I was starving and felt deprived. After that, the next two days didn't seem to matter, because I'd blown LC anyway. I'm not sure I'm cut out for strict LC, because I do not have the will power. I have lost very slowly even on JUDDD, because my will power is lower than some other dieters. I think that cutting out carbs, along with fasting, is ideal but it's also two types of restriction that can become binge inducing for some, and I've found binge type behaviors emerging lately. For me, it seems like I need to do one or the other....still experimenting right now.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
oh the sweets are a killer. you got to find sugar free snacks. that is what I do on my lc. I allow myself moderate carbs on days I feel like eating some lc bread etc....which is rare, but most of my days are 30 nc tops. I have to avoid real sugar like the plague.

sugar is carbs point blank and makes me crave more and more if I snack even a little.

I hear ya.

I went strict LC and learned on that and then slowly gave myself permission to 'go up a little' into mod carb on some days.

Experimenting is great! That is EXACTLY how you are going to find your sweet spot (pardon the sweet pun HAHA). everyone has a sweet spot in our daily eating, and when we find that pattern we do find so much more control etc.

One problem with a down day and LC, you are limiting calories. And higher fat which is what makes one content in eating is gone. cause fats are calories. doesn't work well to do a down day lc. I would think most people's willpower would wain for sure.

it is great to chat all this out. I find so much info in talking about ways to find it easier and more controllable. just chatting about situations. helps me alot
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
oh the sweets are a killer. you got to find sugar free snacks. that is what I do on my lc. I allow myself moderate carbs on days I feel like eating some lc bread etc....which is rare, but most of my days are 30 nc tops. I have to avoid real sugar like the plague.

sugar is carbs point blank and makes me crave more and more if I snack even a little.

I hear ya.

I went strict LC and learned on that and then slowly gave myself permission to 'go up a little' into mod carb on some days.

Experimenting is great! That is EXACTLY how you are going to find your sweet spot (pardon the sweet pun HAHA). everyone has a sweet spot in our daily eating, and when we find that pattern we do find so much more control etc.

One problem with a down day and LC, you are limiting calories. And higher fat which is what makes one content in eating is gone. cause fats are calories. doesn't work well to do a down day lc. I would think most people's willpower would wain for sure.

it is great to chat all this out. I find so much info in talking about ways to find it easier and more controllable. just chatting about situations. helps me alot
This really helps me, too!!! (Just chatting about situations.)
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

I do love discussing everything as well. You can see that by the amount of posts I have. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and experience, and I have learned so much from all of you through this year on LCF. I feel blessed.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

So I had 2 VERY UUADs (thank you PMS!) and I am ready to get back to my rotations. Anyone else needs a good DD today?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a pretty good DD yesterday, Marika. I needed it bad too, after 3 UDs! Today I need a good UD. We can do it!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear that you got on track quickly, Cindy! Let's both have successful day today
Old 11-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
I started my day yesterday with a bite of Chocolate cream pie (DD Sunday haha!) Then everytime I passed the fridge, I got a tiny bite. I finally logged that I ate a whole piece, because it was just crazy, and I could NOT stop myself - so delicious. So with that, and dinner, I ate like 700 calories :/
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Not bad, LB! At least you didn't eat the whole pie!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I must come clean. DD yesterday went pretty well until right before dinner. I started getting munchy, so I had a cucumber sliced with kosher salt. My dinner was huge, for a DD. I had 6 oz of ham and an entire (very small) head of cauliflower roasted with garlic. It was YUM and very filling.

Later in the evening I had some stressful stuff happening, and I felt my tummy start to growl. By 10:00 I was in the freezer where I had some pumpkin pie Blizzard. And I ate it all.

Sigh. I HATE it when I've been good all day and then blow it right at the end. Why couldn't I power through? The only good thing is that now the Blizzard is gone, so that won't be a temptation anymore. It had been kinda calling me all the time. I got a BOGO coupon online, went and bought 2, and thought "I can eat it a little at a time." Yeah right.

I have another BOGO coupon in my email right now, but I have deleted it!

I'm going to do my regular UD today. Not worry about last night. One night won't derail me. Maybe it'll jump start me. Whatever...moving on.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Confession time? I've been eating badly. Thursday, DH and I were making lefse (Norwegian thing for those who don't know). I told myself I wasn't going to have any, but he talked me into it and once I had the first one... Of course, it was Halloween, so once I started, the day really got away from me. Had a good DD the next day, but Saturday was the day of our church Bazaar (it's a Norwegian thing) and DH came down for the buffet lunch. I was determined not to overeat, but he told me I HAD to have a piece of pie. So after that, the rest of the day was shot. In between, I had two good DDs so I wonder what the damage would have been otherwise! I weighed in yesterday at 138 and today at 134.5. Yes, I stepped on the scale about three times to be sure!

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
Oliver Goldsmith

"Make peace with the past so it won't screw up the present." Regina Britt

Last edited by shirlc; 11-04-2013 at 07:57 AM..
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
I started my day yesterday with a bite of Chocolate cream pie (DD Sunday haha!) Then everytime I passed the fridge, I got a tiny bite. I finally logged that I ate a whole piece, because it was just crazy, and I could NOT stop myself - so delicious. So with that, and dinner, I ate like 700 calories :/
I think that's not bad at all at 700 cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I must come clean. DD yesterday went pretty well until right before dinner. I started getting munchy, so I had a cucumber sliced with kosher salt. My dinner was huge, for a DD. I had 6 oz of ham and an entire (very small) head of cauliflower roasted with garlic. It was YUM and very filling.

Later in the evening I had some stressful stuff happening, and I felt my tummy start to growl. By 10:00 I was in the freezer where I had some pumpkin pie Blizzard. And I ate it all.

Sigh. I HATE it when I've been good all day and then blow it right at the end. Why couldn't I power through? The only good thing is that now the Blizzard is gone, so that won't be a temptation anymore. It had been kinda calling me all the time. I got a BOGO coupon online, went and bought 2, and thought "I can eat it a little at a time." Yeah right.

I have another BOGO coupon in my email right now, but I have deleted it!

I'm going to do my regular UD today. Not worry about last night. One night won't derail me. Maybe it'll jump start me. Whatever...moving on.
Carol, I love your attitude GF The nice thing is you wont even know if there was any damage on the scale
I wonder if there was something in the air this past weekend, as few of us got off rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Confession time? I've been eating badly. Thursday, DH and I were making lefse (Norwegian thing for those who don't know). I told myself I wasn't going to have any, but he talked me into it and once I had the first one... Of course, it was Halloween, so once I started, the day really got away from me. Had a good DD the next day, but Saturday was the day of our church Bazaar (it's a Norwegian thing) and DH came down for the buffet lunch. I was determined not to overeat, but he told me I HAD to have a piece of pie. So after that, the rest of the day was shot. In between, I had two good DDs so I wonder what the damage would have been otherwise! I weighed in yesterday at 138 and today at 134.5. Yes, I stepped on the scale about three times to be sure!
Great job, Shirl. It shows how only 2 DD can undo the damage.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 11-04-2013 at 08:16 AM..
Old 11-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Marika, my friend!

Shirl, great news on the scale! Wow, I wish I could get those results with that eating! But to DH - he is not being helpful!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Not too bad, Carol, and you're so good most of the time! I confess it's nice to hear that others struggle sometimes too.

Shirlc, excellent results after your DD. You didn't even have to tell anyone! I know what it's like to live with someone who isn't dieting...usually my bf is supportive, but yesterday he said he didn't want to hear anything about dieting and that we needed to eat! Thankfully, I was able to divert his attention, and stay on plan.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-04-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Old 11-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
I've been in Ketosis now for about 8 weeks, and I've been thinking about a carb refeed to get me some more energy in the gym and overall, because I've been feeling a little lethargic. But Friday I had a really good day at the gym and overall felt great, and I attributed it to having some extra MCT oil in my bulletproof coffee, so I decided to abandon the refeed until I really need it. Then Saturday, on a road trip to visit a college with my daughter I got a sugar free vanilla latte at Starbucks, not really thinking about how many carbs are in whole milk, and just like that I was out of ketosis. So I decided later that night that since I was already out I should not waste the opportunity and just go all out, so I had a pumpkin muffin, iced cinnamon bun and 2 chocolate donuts, and that was after wings for dinner!

Didn't regret it, and I actually felt great the next day at the gym and all day. Zero negative after effects, no noticeable bloating. And I swear I woke up looking like I had been to the gym, all my muscles full from the carbs. And since I'm not weighing all of November I have no clue if I had a bounce or not, and I'm not worried about it because if I did it would be gone by the time I do check my weight.

So instead of a cheat, I'm calling it a Glycogen Replenishment Event (GRE)!

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF

Last edited by Planelman; 11-04-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

GRE......I'm in! That is a comforting way to view it! As long as I don't GRE very often, I'm golden.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Great Mike. From what I read there is definitely a benefit to carb re-feed.