Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
No loss this week, just bounces. I feel discouraged and feel like a gripe board would be perfect! It's November though, and I'm gonna try for lower DDs. No fun! Especially when the results aren't reflecting your work.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Sharkini, I bet your body is just consolidating, and that soon you will see a whoosh. Three weeks is not long at all to go with visible number change(try to remember that you may be decreasing in size).

Soren, sorry about your pup. I think stress (grief and travel) DO have a big impact on our bodies ability to function properly. Have you tried EFT? It is very easy and costs nothing to try. I got some good results from it.

Last edited by Sirtain; 11-03-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I love that your pics are up at EOD by the way!
awwww, thank you i showed my picture to a lady who's in TOPS. she responded, "wow, that's impressive." the funny thing is is that i can't see it. i have a hard time wrapping my mind around my not looking like the before picture. i guess it takes time.
Quote:
We're twins! My first measurement had me at 65" too, and I'd been dieting a couple of months too! That was NOT a fun measuring session.

Exactly! Why do we see nothing but the scale number???
have you turned into a pear shape or an hourglass? in my younger days, i was a pear. this time around, i'm an hourglass. not sure why i've changed. i never gave birth, as my kids are adopted.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Sirt-- no, but I can give it a try. Found it on google pretty easily

My one main gripe is the the feeling of deprivation. This is part of what fed into the emotional issues-- you eat when you're stressed, and damn the consequences... then get into a spiral of "omg, I've gained weight" and that feeds into the stress... and I don't want to feel deprived when I'm already feeling so many other things.

sigh.

So, my thing that I have to remember (this is actually an affirmation for me), is that I am bigger than my emotions.
it's ok to feel sad, or scared, or frustrated-- that won't kill me.

But it's taken me *months* to even get to the point where I'm willing to say those things and mean it. I'm still shaky on it-- like, uh oh, I'm hungry.. I *need* to eat.
And now I need to remember that I don't *need* to eat every time I'm hungry.

So, that said-- I'm about to go to an outdoor rugby match, in the cold sunshine, on a DD!
Hope they sell tea at the snack stands!

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 281/261/???
WOE: hAcg, R1 P2
Start Date: 10/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Sharkini, I bet your body is just consolidating, and that soon you will see a whoosh. Three weeks is not long at all to go with visible number change(try to remember that you may be decreasing in size).
I think there's a whoosh on the horizon! Although I haven't been feeling puffy, I suddenly feel like I've depuffed. Haha..
sharkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
awwww, thank you i showed my picture to a lady who's in TOPS. she responded, "wow, that's impressive." the funny thing is is that i can't see it. i have a hard time wrapping my mind around my not looking like the before picture. i guess it takes time.

have you turned into a pear shape or an hourglass? in my younger days, i was a pear. this time around, i'm an hourglass. not sure why i've changed. i never gave birth, as my kids are adopted.
It took me a loooong time to be able to see my differences too. I would look in the mirror and see how far I had to go, not how far I had come. I'm not sure why it changed for me all of a sudden. I'd say 80% of the time now I see a "normalish" sized person in the mirror. Heavier than I want to be, ultimately, but as trim or trimmer than most other people I see.

I like to say I'm an hourglass with pear tendencies!
Even when I'm really thin, my bottom half is a bit bigger than the top. That's what I'm seeing now. At this point, I really like my shape - I just want it to be a bit smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
My one main gripe is the the feeling of deprivation. This is part of what fed into the emotional issues-- you eat when you're stressed, and damn the consequences... then get into a spiral of "omg, I've gained weight" and that feeds into the stress... and I don't want to feel deprived when I'm already feeling so many other things.

sigh.

So, my thing that I have to remember (this is actually an affirmation for me), is that I am bigger than my emotions.
it's ok to feel sad, or scared, or frustrated-- that won't kill me.

But it's taken me *months* to even get to the point where I'm willing to say those things and mean it. I'm still shaky on it-- like, uh oh, I'm hungry.. I *need* to eat.
And now I need to remember that I don't *need* to eat every time I'm hungry.

So, that said-- I'm about to go to an outdoor rugby match, in the cold sunshine, on a DD!
Hope they sell tea at the snack stands!
Ah yes, the deprivation feeling. I think you've hit it right on the head about realizing (and repeating over and over to yourself) that you don't need to eat if you have a rumble, or a spell of head-hunger. You just don't. Hunger is not an emergency became my mantra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkini View Post
I think there's a whoosh on the horizon! Although I haven't been feeling puffy, I suddenly feel like I've depuffed. Haha..
Oooh, that's a good sign! Crossing fingers, toes, and for it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
...It took me a loooong time to be able to see my differences too. I would look in the mirror and see how far I had to go, not how far I had come. I'm not sure why it changed for me all of a sudden. I'd say 80% of the time now I see a "normalish" sized person in the mirror...
I am starting to think that my thighs look a 'normal' size. This is very thrilling for me. The funny thing is, my thighs are still large and flabby. But they seem to be losing their fat deposits more quickly than other parts of my body, and I can see a DIFFERENCE.

After so many years of losing SOME weight, but not really SEEING it, it is wonderful to look at myself, and say, 'yes, I AM thinner'.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
WTG Sirtain!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote