Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
The lows here are around 14F right now with snow. I went to Costco today and it really felt like Christmas! Bought some decorations and some Christmas chocolates that I have to find a way to hide from myself. DH says it is way to early to put up the tree I know he is right.
I love your picture Melinda! You look great!
So sorry about your hands Dawn. Do your hands get worse when it is TOM? Just curious as my immunity is always the worst then and wondered if there was a correlation. Hope you can keep them warm.
Thank you everyone. I'm just beside myself as they were much better over the summer, though not perfect. It's definitely the change in weather, and it's really not even that cold here. We always wanted to retire to Tahoe or Seattle. Yeah, that's so NOT going to happen now. Hawaii or Mexico it is.

I have not noticed any difference with TOM, but I haven't given it any thought. I'll see what happens between now and next TOM.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Still no loss yes in November, although I feel like my body is getting healthier - I've been trying to eat a little better this month. I ate ALOT of fried food and terrible crap last month, I always do at the beginning - like all my UDs are a celebration. I think I'm finally past it though.

Yesterday was a struggle - out with friends on a DD while everyone is drinking locally brewed beer, and local food that smelled so delicious and fresh. Everyone kept making jokes about my diet cola, as they all ordered big glasses of ale! I did good though - I managed to avoid all adult beverages and fresh made brats - I just enjoyed my salad, which was great -spinach, pecans, goat cheese, and salmon. I hated that I didn't get satisfied off the portion, but I at least enjoyed it, and took my time eating it. I promised myself that Friday, I'll go back out and enjoy some of the things I missed if I still want them
Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #63

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
Still no loss yes in November, although I feel like my body is getting healthier - I've been trying to eat a little better this month. I ate ALOT of fried food and terrible crap last month, I always do at the beginning - like all my UDs are a celebration. I think I'm finally past it though.

Yesterday was a struggle - out with friends on a DD while everyone is drinking locally brewed beer, and local food that smelled so delicious and fresh. Everyone kept making jokes about my diet cola, as they all ordered big glasses of ale! I did good though - I managed to avoid all adult beverages and fresh made brats - I just enjoyed my salad, which was great -spinach, pecans, goat cheese, and salmon. I hated that I didn't get satisfied off the portion, but I at least enjoyed it, and took my time eating it. I promised myself that Friday, I'll go back out and enjoy some of the things I missed if I still want them
I love that you were able to stick to your plan. I also love that the things you might want will still be available on Friday. Best of both worlds, and you've proven your dedication despite other people's input. WTG!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Hi Everyone! Other than being all consumed with JUDDD (seeing it's my first day) I've had a pretty good day of research. I hope I have something fun to talk about soon. HAH!
How was your 1st day? I hope things went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
That looks and sounds painful.

Flutter, I love your new picture. As for wrinkles- you just finished losing the weight a few months ago, right? Maybe over the next year your skin will adjust a little. Did you get the thing during weight loss where your face would look skinnier all of a sudden, then seem to revert back to normal, then get skinny again? I sometimes feel like I am losing every five pounds in millimeters from the top down, but my face always 'fills up' again.

It rained and rained all night here, and this morning our garage is flooded. Again. Luckily, we have learned our lesson, and nothing that touches the floor can be damaged by water.

Had a very good Down Day yesterday and am looking forward to having a great Up Day.
I always gain 1st in my face & lose last there. Yep, hit my goal weight in early July & then decided to be more lax but see if I could get a bit lower as as I'm shortie. Hopefully things will continue shuffling around looking better through maintenance. It's all good, but definitely still annoys me when I see pictures of me. I don't mind so much day to day. What I don't know won't hurt me. LOL!

Have a good UD today girl! I hope the sun comes out, too. That constant rain & flooding is no fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Thank you everyone. I'm just beside myself as they were much better over the summer, though not perfect. It's definitely the change in weather, and it's really not even that cold here. We always wanted to retire to Tahoe or Seattle. Yeah, that's so NOT going to happen now. Hawaii or Mexico it is.

I have not noticed any difference with TOM, but I haven't given it any thought. I'll see what happens between now and next TOM.
oooh, Hawaii sounds great! Sign me up please!!!

Quote:

Yikes, that's super hard, but YOU DID IT! Good for you!!!! I'm glad you're planning a return trip Friday! Enjoy yourself!!!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
...I also love that the things you might want will still be available on Friday....
Yes! Unless the world goes to hell in a handbasket, everything will still be there in a day or two. And if it does, we'll have more important things to think about!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #66

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:

You did great sticking to plan, LB! That is no small accomplishment. You should be very proud, and realize how very much you want this, to forego all the good food. Enjoy UD today!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Flutter, if you have wrinkles, they are well camoflauged. I've seen close-ups of you, Girl! We are our own worst critics, and I see every flaw I have in pictures, so I know how you feel. I think the bags under my eyes are my most unflattering feature. Thank goodness for glasses!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oooh, bags under eyes!!! LG, you have them, too? I don't see any in your close up gf!!! I think we're secretly twins! I do have wrinkles now. I never used to have many, other than my "concentration lines" between my eyebrows. It stinks being so expressive. I've ALWAYS had bags & puffiness, though. It's a genetic thing, combined with allergies. <shrug> Like I said, I'm ok with getting older and not loving things about me. I'm just glad I've been blessed to GET older & that I'm now smaller & moving around more comfortably. (but I still don't have to LIKE my photos!) LOL

Gotta get my kids to bed. I swear I am the only one in my house that wants to go to bed at night. I am always the last one to bed because I have to get all the kids ready, and then I'm the first one up to get everyone else up. I'm going to go on strike after getting them all alarm clocks for Christmas!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Flutter~ My first day was AWESOME! I came in UNDER my cal count for the day! Today was my FIRST up day and I did AWESOME again! I was over only 31 cals! I just took them from my DD!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Flutter~ My first day was AWESOME! I came in UNDER my cal count for the day! Today was my FIRST up day and I did AWESOME again! I was over only 31 cals! I just took them from my DD!
Wow, you are dong incredible already! I am so happy for you! Woohoo!!!!!

Good morning all!!! Suns out, even if it is cold again. I guess I will officially be cold and annoyed until May, anyways. feel free to ignore me!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Cold rainy grey icky. Good day for coffee and broth. And coffee and broth..... DD here I come!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

It's supposed to be in the middle 70s today here. Of course, it's cloudy and rainy too, though.

Good morning JBs!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
It is chilly here, too. I broke out the down comforter last night, after deciding four quilts is just too heavy. (I worry about the dachshunds not being able to breathe under there!)

I stayed the same after my Up Day, always a nice surprise.

Just recently, I took down our graphs in the bathroom, which had extended to five pages, we've been doing JUDDD so long, and started over with a new single sheet of graph paper. Looking at all the numbers showing where I came from was nice, but I thought it was keeping me from focusing on the here and now.

Any one else do this? Or some other interesting graph thing?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
You did great sticking to plan, LB! That is no small accomplishment. You should be very proud, and realize how very much you want this, to forego all the good food. Enjoy UD today!
I feel good about it - I'm preparing for what I THOUGHT was going to be the perfect November with all my days falling on UDs (thanksgiving, birthdays, anniversary, ect...) But many other events are piling up toward the end of the month - I think I'll manage though. Can't expect EVERYthing to be easy with JUDDD

And about that day I went out with friends, my craving has passed for locally brewed beverages and fresh brats. Funny what happens when your not surrounded by the delicious sights and smells.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Rainy here on the NJ/PA northeast border - was 58 though, so not chilly. I always sleep with a bedroom window open - no matter the temp. I need the fresh air!

I don't hang a graph Sirtain - but keep my calendar with my weight in the bathroom. Anything visual helps me. I also keep the scale right in front of the throne!! I only step on it once a day, but it's a visual when I walk in there the rest of the day!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
It is chilly here, too. I broke out the down comforter last night, after deciding four quilts is just too heavy. (I worry about the dachshunds not being able to breathe under there!)

I stayed the same after my Up Day, always a nice surprise.

Just recently, I took down our graphs in the bathroom, which had extended to five pages, we've been doing JUDDD so long, and started over with a new single sheet of graph paper. Looking at all the numbers showing where I came from was nice, but I thought it was keeping me from focusing on the here and now.

Any one else do this? Or some other interesting graph thing?
Yep! I previously lost about 30 lbs, and kept 25 off - and I became pretty obsessed with the overall numbers - now I only concern myself with my NEW JUDDD numbers starting from October. I feel refreshed with the new beginning, new goal, and fresh start - I don't worry about all the time I gained or stalled - just what I'm doing now.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #77

Good morning JBs! It's chilly here right now at 50*, but will get to be 84* today they say. Hopefully I won't need to run the A/C anymore this year. I'm hoping for a good solid DD today.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Today is rainy and warm. Of course tomorrow it's supposed to be about 30 degrees colder so everyone is going to end up sick soon around here.

Yesterday I went to the Dentist for a filling and the tooth he was working on was loose. Apparently I need a Root Canal. It's infected and I haven't been feeling any pain, but now that I know about it the tooth is bugging me. Grrrrrrr.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #79

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Flying by, my sister and her husband left this afternoon, and on Saturday morning we leave for a week in Ireland with Mint and her DH.

Glad the court case is behind you Carly. So hard for you I know.

Sorry about your chilblains Dawn. Warm weather has to be in your future.

Cindy I am sorry you are feeling down. You can do this… Hugs.

Well done to all of you, new and old. Missing everyone.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #80

So glad you're enjoying family and travel, Cindy! Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi". You're always missed when you're away.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #81

I miss you all too. x
Old 11-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Kissa, I'm so glad you came by!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Ireland too. I'll say it again--it must be nice!

Thank you also for the support--I had to backtrack through "daily chat" to see where I said I was feeling down lol. I guess it passed.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #83

That's all good then Cindy. xxxx
Old 11-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, a Kissa sighting!!! Have fun for us girl!!

Lisa, oh no, not tooth pain! That's NOOOOO fun!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #85

OW, toothache is the worst Lisa. Hope it goes soon.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi everyone!
I'm glad you popped by Cindy- I was just asking about you.
Lisa- I'm sorry to hear about your tooth. I think it's hilarious that you said it was warm and rainy. I would have said freezing and rainy.

I'm exhausted! So glad the weekend is almost here.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I've had a very successful DD! =D
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I'm another pound down! =D
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG, Rebecca!!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Cindy I love your saying on your sig
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway

I been meaning to tell u that everytime I read this it helps me!!
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote