Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
i couldn't live without wag.com! my mastiff eats a WHOLE lot! maybe there is a purrr.com out there for you and you can have the litter delivered right to your door! cheaper than back surgery.....
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Melinda, was just wondering how it went at the doctor the other day. Everything okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hope you are okay Melinda.
Thanks girls! I'm ok, just busy with all the turkey day prep at my house! ACK, so hard to get through a DD when you're cooking all these goodies!!! I made it with only nibbling on half a homemade roll...and then DH made me a cocktail. LOL! Doc couldn't find anything wrong upon exam, but I am still having pressure/pain, so have a u/s scheduled for Monday. Hopefully it was just a cyst that burst or something. <shrug> Thanks for inquiring!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Thanks for all of the kind thoughts. I really appreciate my JUDDD BUDDD's

Hugs
Sea, I imagine it is doubly rough for you this time of year. XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I just slept for the past three hours. I'm hoping to kick this cold by tomorrow so I can finally enjoy food.

If I don't get a chance to come online tomorrow I just want to wish everyone a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving! !
I hope you're finally over this bug for tomorrow girl!!!

happy turkey day everyone! Happy Hanukkah as well!

Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just popping in to chat before starting the prep for today's dinner.

On this day in addition to being thankful for the many blessings in my life, I am especially thankful to have found JUDD and to give it a chance. I started on Nov. 4 at 199.6 pounds and this morning weighed in at 188.8 pounds!! That's 10.8 pounds in 24 days.....I'm shocked that this is working as the past few years have been ongoing weight gain and fighting to lose the same couple of pounds. I am on such a high right now it will help get through today without over doing it and staying within my UD calories.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy the beautiful gifts of this WOE!

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Mary Ellen. I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'm glad you joined us here at JUDDD.I, too, am so very thankful for finding this forum and this WOE. I could express thanks every day of the year for just this!

I hope everyone is having a great morning, and will have a great day with friends, family and loved ones.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #395
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cmlloyd
Stats: 206/183.5/140 <- :)
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
CML, sounds like you had a lovely wedding...and gotta love extra $ for the honeymoon!
have a great day peeps! Hope someone somewhere is having some lovely weather. It sure is horribly cold here already!
So far the storm that was going to come through for us here in VA became just a cold shower with a lil sleet thrown in. But it looks to be a beautiful day here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
CM, salad or soup is a great idea. Would the MIL not be receptive to your new eating plan? We all have folks like that, or that we'd rather not tell, especially at first. Good luck!
She has her moments, it's all in how you approach her as with all MIL I suppose. She is a very southern cook, fried & taters with everything!

Quote:
I just slept for the past three hours. I'm hoping to kick this cold by tomorrow so I can finally enjoy food.

If I don't get a chance to come online tomorrow I just want to wish everyone a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving! !
I hope you feel better today as well, nothing is worse than no being able to enjoy the day and being sick!

Yesterday was a successful DD, an I am preparing to go to my Dad's house about 1.5 hours away. I wish he didn't live so far. Then i come home after packing the RV and we are headed out for a 3 day race call the Turkey Trot.
We are a drag racing couple and the RV makes it easier to take the dogs and enjoy the company of other people at the track as well. We are having an Italian themed dinner on Saturday (which is an UD for me yay) and I will be bringing Meatballs.
Time to go color the sparkles in my hair, put my smile on and say nice things to all my family members...lol. Ya'll know what I mean.

have a Wonderful THANKSGIVING!!!

cmlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Happy Thanksgiving every one! The Parade is starting in New York as I type. Wish I was there. Turkey is done dressing is in oven yeast rolls are riseing for the last time. Pecan and dutch apple pies are done craneberrysauce and the cheese cubes are ready to leave. Hope all have a great day with loved ones.

I am thankful for all of you girls one and all. I woke up to 144 this morning down from 147 for the last month. I am sure after today I will be up but 2 turns and it will drop again.

We have a new baby kitten as of last night. My 2 big cats are protesting but they will fall in love with it soon I hope.

See you all later. Hi to all over seas. Hope you all have a great day too. Judy
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
i couldn't live without wag.com! my mastiff eats a WHOLE lot! maybe there is a purrr.com out there for you and you can have the litter delivered right to your door! cheaper than back surgery.....
I've already had spine surgery... but not due to the cat litter.

Quote:
Hopefully it was just a cyst that burst or something. <shrug> Thanks for inquiring!!
Could be... I had a cyst burst and it was intensely painful at the moment, but eased up. I'm glad you are having the ultra sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryEllenC View Post
On this day in addition to being thankful for the many blessings in my life, I am especially thankful to have found JUDD and to give it a chance. I started on Nov. 4 at 199.6 pounds and this morning weighed in at 188.8 pounds!! That's 10.8 pounds in 24 days.....I'm shocked that this is working as the past few years have been ongoing weight gain and fighting to lose the same couple of pounds. I am on such a high right now it will help get through today without over doing it and staying within my UD calories.
I hear you- I'm incredibly grateful as well to hve found LCF and JUDDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Happy Thanksgiving every one! The Parade is starting in New York as I type. Wish I was there.
I'm less than 50 minutes away, but we are watching it on TV, too. The crowds and the cold- not my thing.

I slept till 10:35am! I have no idea the last time I did that, but boy did I need it! According to my handy fitbit I didn't even sleepwalk! For that I am grateful. That only happens once or twice a month.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #398
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Thanks girls! I'm ok, just busy with all the turkey day prep at my house! ACK, so hard to get through a DD when you're cooking all these goodies!!! I made it with only nibbling on half a homemade roll...and then DH made me a cocktail. LOL! Doc couldn't find anything wrong upon exam, but I am still having pressure/pain, so have a u/s scheduled for Monday. Hopefully it was just a cyst that burst or something. <shrug> Thanks for inquiring!!
So glad he couldn't find anything, but good to get it checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryEllenC View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just popping in to chat before starting the prep for today's dinner.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy the beautiful gifts of this WOE!

Mary Ellen
So wonderful! Your results are phenomenal! I too feel thankful for this WOE and this group of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I hope everyone is having a great morning, and will have a great day with friends, family and loved ones.
You too Cindy! Enjoy you mom and BF and not having to cook or clean up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlloyd View Post
She has her moments, it's all in how you approach her as with all MIL I suppose. She is a very southern cook, fried & taters with everything!
Ah yes. She sounds like an amazing cook. YUMMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Happy Thanksgiving every one! The Parade is starting in New York as I type. Wish I was there. Turkey is done dressing is in oven yeast rolls are riseing for the last time. Pecan and dutch apple pies are done craneberrysauce and the cheese cubes are ready to leave. Hope all have a great day with loved ones.

I am thankful for all of you girls one and all. I woke up to 144 this morning down from 147 for the last month. I am sure after today I will be up but 2 turns and it will drop again.

We have a new baby kitten as of last night. My 2 big cats are protesting but they will fall in love with it soon I hope.

See you all later. Hi to all over seas. Hope you all have a great day too. Judy
I am thankful for you too Judy, and all of you. Enjoy your new kitty, and a wonderful meal and time with loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I slept till 10:35am! I have no idea the last time I did that, but boy did I need it! According to my handy fitbit I didn't even sleepwalk! For that I am grateful. That only happens once or twice a month.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.
Sounds like just what the doctor ordered, Carly. You probably really needed that good, deep sleep!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hao'uli La Ho'omakika'i

Hao'uli La Ho'omakika'i. Happy Thanksgiving from Hawaii.

We are going to friends this afternoon. I'm making some sugar free cranberry sauce as I type this. I love cranberry sauce and now cringe at the sugar in it, even if I'm not on a DD!

I'll then take my hubby to the airport as he is off to a bridge tournament for the next 10 days. I'll be able to get some really good down days in as I won't have to deal with dinner food!

I do have 2 Christmas luncheons during this time, though.

I am also very thankful for JUDDD. I have kept more than 30 pounds off for over a year and it has been relatively easy!

Hugs for ALL
Old 11-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all, just had to check in and wish you all a great Thanksgiving Day...sounds like everyone is busy and having good times... I, too, am thankful for finding JUDDD and all these JUDDD buddds.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Flutter, I'm glad that things look okay (initially), and I hope you get good results from any tests that you have done.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was overly stressful, but I did get to take my mom out, and also my niece and her boyfriend joined us. I haven't seen her in almost a year, if not a whole year, and she didn't say a word about my weight loss. She mentioned that her sister had lost a "lot of weight", "about 20 lbs!" and I said that I had lost about 35 lbs since I last saw her. She blushed and said, "Well you weren't that big last time I saw you." It made me feel like I hadn't accomplished anything lol. As if just her opinion made all the difference. Anyway, it was stressful in a lot of ways and that wasn't part of it, but it obviously did bother me.

Hopefully, all of you had a great day with loved ones and no stress.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 11-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry about the stress Cindy. I hope you can relax tomorrow.

I had a lovely evening and eating out is definitely the way to go. We had turkey, ribs, salmon, fried chicken, string beans, collard greens, candied yams, potato salad, Mac and cheese, stuffing, corn bread and I can't even remember what else. I tried a little bit of most things and brought my red velvet cake and a container of leftovers home.

No cooking and no cleaning. We took the train in and a friend drove us home. Who could ask for more?
Old 11-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Just got home and I am exhausted. A day with my NY/CT family which includes traffic, food, football, and a head cold = pure insanity. It's always a good time though just overwhelming.

I don't know if JUDDD made me rethink my food choices or my physical health did, but I didn't overeat on Turkey Day for the first time in years. It felt great and it was nice to get some rare compliments from a few family members.

Today will be a day of rest and relaxation. I plan on watching movies and reality TV with the roomies. Have a great Friday everyone.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
We went out also! I can't begin to tell you all the dishes I tried (it was a buffet) and everything was fabulous. I tried a tiny bit of everything. The biggest portion of anything I got was the green salad with beets and goat cheese. My family was looking at me like why are you eating salad on Thanksgiving. Well, first of all I LIKE salad. Second of all I had to eat something healthy! When you go out you really don't know what in really in the food sometimes but at least with the salad I knew what was in it!

Carly your dinner sounded great! I love collard greens but my hubby doesn't so I never really have them. The first time I had them was when someone from work and I was hooked!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Cindy, evidently your niece is either a twerp or young - or both!

Nilla I love collard greens. One of DHs favourite recipes is one I christened "the creature from the black lagoon", which is essentially leeks, collards and Portobello mushrooms, steam-simmered in a little butter with anything else I fancy throwing in with them. Looks evil, especially if I use black kidney beans too - tastes wonderful!

Hmmm - guess what I now fancy making for dinner.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #406
Big Yapper!!!!

Flossy, she is 28 and preoccupied with her own life, but she's a good girl.

Your collard recipe sounds divine!! I grew up eating collards, and we grew them in our garden every year. I must say it took me until young adulthood to appreciate them, and some of my brothers still do not eat them to this day. I love them, but do not know how to cook them...at least they don't taste as good as when someone else cooks them! Also, they have to be washed and washed and washed, lol.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Emphasis on young then.

My rule for cooking any cabbage is to use as little water as possible. Just enough to stop it sticking to the pan bottom and to make steam for cooking. The addition of a knob of (real!) butter helps too.

Just had cabbage for dinner - I added a leek, a big field mushroom, a red bell pepper and an assortment of herbs and spices. Served it with veggies sausages and sweet potatoes. Yum!
Old 11-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

The southern way to cook collards is with a ham hock or fat back. Maybe a little bacon grease would work in a pinch. Then you need ACV to drizzle over them before consuming. Serve it with fried chicken or a fried pork chop and some rice with gravy, or baked mac and cheese.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-29-2013 at 01:30 PM..
Old 11-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hi guys! Thought I'd pop in b/c everything is so quiet... here, at work, everywhere.

I have a great, easy recipe for collards-- I use bacon b/c I can't get the other stuff (and then, you can eat the whole thing.) Super easy too. I haven't blogged it yet, but here it is real quick:
2 bunches of collards (or 1 collard and 1 chard if you want). Clean them, and cut the stems off. You can cut the really thick stem out of the leaves, but you don't have to go nuts.
1 red bell pepper
2-4 slices of bacon
1 onion (of any kind).
1c chicken stock, and 1 c water
red pepper flakes, s&p to taste
big pot to cook in

cut up the bacon into small pieces, and start that frying in the pot. I put in a little water to help it render w/out burning.
Cut up the onion and put that in next, then the red bell pepper. Just get them sweating a bit, get the rawness out.
While that is going on, prepare the greens.
I like to cut the leaves in 1/2 length wise, then in 3 or 4 sections along the length (I stack them and cut a bunch at once). Again, a bit of stem doesn't seem to hurt anything.
Plop that in, and pour in the chicken stock and water.
Cover. Bring to boil, then reduce to way low simmer.
Simmer forever. At least till greens are soft to your liking (like, um, an hour?) or let them sit there all day while you do other stuff.
Only salt at the end, but you can add chili flakes if you like, up front. Go easy, the heat builds.

And do NOT throw out the liquid. That is called "pot liquor" and is prized for taste and nutrients (but not looks) in the South I just drink it like soup, but it is a bit salty

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds yummy - except I don't eat meat!
(not a great vinegar fan either Cindy.)
Old 11-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Collard greens is my absolute least favorite food in the entire world. We're a pork hating family so everyone usually puts Turkey Necks in them. I think I might be the only person in my family who doesn't appreciate Collards.

So today SUCKED! I was asleep pretty much all day and then went to the Pharmacy to pick up some cold meds. My frigging card declines and I find out that someone went Black Friday shopping at JCPenny with my card number. Luckily the bank was still open and I was able to get a temporary card. The fact that the card has been canceled but I still have to wait to get the money back from the bank is just ridiculous to me. I called JCPenny and I'm hoping that they'll stop the transaction. Tomorrow I'm going to file a police report on the off chance that the person is caught because I will most definitely be pressing charges.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #412
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Collard greens is my absolute least favorite food in the entire world. We're a pork hating family so everyone usually puts Turkey Necks in them. I think I might be the only person in my family who doesn't appreciate Collards.

So today SUCKED! I was asleep pretty much all day and then went to the Pharmacy to pick up some cold meds. My frigging card declines and I find out that someone went Black Friday shopping at JCPenny with my card number. Luckily the bank was still open and I was able to get a temporary card. The fact that the card has been canceled but I still have to wait to get the money back from the bank is just ridiculous to me. I called JCPenny and I'm hoping that they'll stop the transaction. Tomorrow I'm going to file a police report on the off chance that the person is caught because I will most definitely be pressing charges.
OH, NO!!! That totally sucks and happened to me about 3 years ago. Chase was really good about it, but it was a royal pain.

Hope tomorrow is better.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #413
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg, Lisa!! That's a nightmare! I hope you get it sorted out soon, and catch the thief!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Collards with turkey necks sounds totally unappetising to me!

Lisa, you had a real stinker of a day. I hope your cold's a lot better today and the bank stuff gets sorted smoothly.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #415

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So sorry that happened Lisa, it is a serious problem these days.

I am feeling a bit disheartened after my DD was hijacked yesterday. I am thinking of 2 DD over the weekend. I know I shouldn't but I want to shift these few pounds. What shall I do friends.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies! It seems that every week I have a Facebook friend who has posted about identity theft and/or credit card fraud. Things have gotten so bad out there and it's only going to get worse.

Kissa, my DD got hijacked as well. I wouldn't do the two DR'S though. Perhaps a low MD instead?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You know me, Kissa. I'd probably fast until dinner and then eat. If I tried to push the fasting too long on a 2nd DD, it'd backfire on me and I'd probably end up eating WAY TOO MUCH eventually. (no doubt with cocktails, oy!) I know the feeling, though. I am tired of monkeying around with my higher maintenance cals. I want to stick closer to 120, not 130. You'll sort it out!

(((Lisa))) oh that is HORRIBLE! It's bad enough when you're healthy, but adding a miserable cold on top of it all? Poor sweet pea!!!
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I am feeling a bit disheartened after my DD was hijacked yesterday. I am thinking of 2 DD over the weekend. I know I shouldn't but I want to shift these few pounds. What shall I do friends.
I wouldn't do it. Are you doing 5:2 or EOD. If you have been doing 5:2 just go to EOD for a week or so.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #419
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I know how you feel.I haven't had a DD since Monday, and I am up 9 lbs from my lowest. The good thing is, all the junk food and candy are out of the house now (and in my stomach). I'm doing a DD today, and will be back to strict rotations starting today. You know it will come back off if you stick to EOD, so just relax, rotate and reduce (as someone wise once said).
Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #420

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I'll go for a MD today and a DD tomorrow I think.

Thanks everyone for reaching out. I appreciate it.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote