Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Challenge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816344-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

Sirtain 11-01-2013 04:24 AM

Thanksgiving Challenge

Anyone up for a Challenge leading up to Thanksgiving?

I am starting at 168.5. My goal is to get to 164 by Thanksgiving, and then to eat hearty.

KeirasMom 11-01-2013 07:21 AM

I'm in. With all the festivities, my only goal will be to end the month under 150. I'd love to not bounce over 150, but with Thanksgiving and then we have a 2nd Thanksgiving with my MIL 2 days after, I can't guarantee anything! ;)

ETA: I just realized this is for Thanksgiving, not the month of November. D'oh! Okay, I plan to go into Thanksgiving under 150.

SlimNana 11-01-2013 07:21 AM

My Thanksgiving Day goal is to weigh 138 lbs. before the Feast.

Gobble, Gobble! ~ Ann

Sonica 11-01-2013 07:36 AM

Since Thanksgiving is so late in the month this gives me time to shoot for 175.

Babsbabs 11-01-2013 08:02 AM

I am in! Trying to come up with a good challenge and I am hesitant to say it again but here it is! I want to be back in maintenance for Christmas, I don't even want to think about how many times I have posted this goal. I think my body wants to be 152 and I want to be 145 but I feel healthy with JUDDD continuing to try for this. I am also doing an exercise challenge of alternating weight training days with aerobic training days. Today is my second weight training day and I am so sore I can barely move. Still going to do the full body workout but I would imagine that I will need to make a few modifications considering I am having trouble lifting my coffee cup. :)

LoCarbGal 11-01-2013 09:01 AM

Hmmmm. I've been using pieces of clothing as my challenge goals, so I think I'll do something a little different. I'd like to meet at least one of the following. More would be nice, but even one will be a win:

*exercise at least 4 times per week
*weight 174 - out of obese category
*be able to button and zip my size 14 Levis

teeingoff17 11-01-2013 09:27 AM

November/Thanksgiving Goals:

Under 180 by Dec. 1st.
60 Miles Running by Thanksgiving (including the 5 mile Thanksgiving day race)
And shoot a deer during deer hunting season (it's been 5 yrs now)

ladybarometer 11-03-2013 09:42 AM

Trying again for 10 pounds!
I missed it for October - only 7, but I think it may have been from getting sick, and since then I've had a problem... going :dunno:

So 10 lbs in November!
Under 500 DDs
2000 Calorie UDs

And I'm going to work on eliminating carbs in November - not all at once, I'll work my way down so not to waste the food we have already in the house. Nothing drastic - I just want to eat less bread, pasta, and white potatoes. All of which are calorie dense, and takes up too many of my precious allowed calories :)

Also, I'm going to try to work out more this month - I have a gym membership, I need to use it!! I really let things go in October, despite completing the Warrior Dash.

sharkini 11-03-2013 09:55 AM

I'm shooting for a 5 pound loss by Thanksgiving. If not I'll just keep on keepin' on. :) It's bound to come off sometime!

Planelman 11-03-2013 10:05 AM

Stick to No Weigh November and be maintaining around 190 on 11/30 and be at a lower body fat % than my last 7 day average (will need to wait 7 days on this). Workout every other day, giving myself a full day rest in between.

jacci48 11-03-2013 12:11 PM

My goal is to be 223 or less by Thanksgiving!!

Good luck all!!

teeingoff17 11-03-2013 07:06 PM

November/Thanksgiving Goals:

Added a few:

Under 180 by Dec. 1st.
60 Miles Running by Thanksgiving (including the 5 mile Thanksgiving day race)
And shoot a deer during deer hunting season (it's been 5 yrs now)

Also:
30 Day Plank Challenge for core strength
No coffee/caffeine/soda through Thanksgiving. Just trying to back off of it a little. Try only water and sometimes almond milk

LiLi914 11-05-2013 01:38 PM

I guess I'd like to get to the gym three days a week consistently. I have work, my internship, school, vacations and wedding events taking up so much of my time. I've been good about going to the gym, but I worry that I'll start to slack off so I have put it in writing.

Every week I MUST get my butt to the gym three days a week.

Goner 11-06-2013 07:57 AM

Late to the challenge as I've not been feeling my best - darn sore throat.

I would like to wear comfortably a new size of pair 8 jeans I bought for incentive. I need to whittle a bit of flab in the midsection - so ab work it is! The scale can fall where it may, just so the jeans fit nicely - at least "before" the turkey dinner. <wink>

Librarygirl 11-06-2013 05:28 PM

My goal is to keep JUDDDing and not give up! :)

Rebecca1979 11-06-2013 08:46 PM

I want to try for 235 by thanksgiving! I don't know how fast or slow this weightloss will be, so I'm choosing a random number. =D