Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   HAPPY HALLOWEEN (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/816296-happy-halloween.html)

Seabreezes 10-31-2013 12:24 PM

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Hope everyone watches out for the ghosts and goblins! And.....watch out for the candy!

I'm starting my day off with a pumpkin shake. Seems appropriate for today! Hubby bought me a Vitamix last week. Such fun to blend a bunch of things together!

:hugs:

LoCarbGal 10-31-2013 12:50 PM

Hi Seabreezes! That pumpkin shake sounds so good. What a nice husband to give you that present. You'll have to share some of your great concoctions with us!

Happy Halloween!

Cudabear 10-31-2013 12:52 PM

I'm more worried about the alcohol consumption & carb filled snacks at our annual Halloween Party this weekend.. This is going to be a tough one.

KeirasMom 10-31-2013 01:25 PM

DD here, but no worries. I had my Reese's PB pumpkin yesterday, and I'm sure the kidlet will share her candy with me tomorrow if I want some.

Happy Halloween!

wiiiifit 10-31-2013 01:30 PM

Happy Halloween, JBs! It has actually been so rainy and nasty here that Halloween and all trick or treating has been postponed until tomorrow. It must be a slow news week because it has been overbroadcasted with new lists, dates, times for all the cities and small towns in the greater metropolitan ares.

It is a tad irritating because today is my high day and I don't want to change it now or mess up tomorrow due to a sudden evening of preoccupation with chocolate or candy. Oh well. I'm just going to continue as planned and hope for the best.

LoCarbGal 10-31-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16665671)
DD here, but no worries. I had my Reese's PB pumpkin yesterday, and I'm sure the kidlet will share her candy with me tomorrow if I want some.

Happy Halloween!

I just have to tell you how I love your use of "kidlet". My wonderful dad called us kids that growing up and it just warms my heart.

KeirasMom 10-31-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16665738)
I just have to tell you how I love your use of "kidlet". My wonderful dad called us kids that growing up and it just warms my heart.

:love: I'm not even sure where that came from. She's usually the kiddo or the kidlet. Better than what I called her when I was pregnant: The Parasite! I was never accused of being particularly maternal when I was preggers. :hyst:

Flutter 10-31-2013 05:24 PM

bahaha, the parasite. <snort> Good stuff!!! We always called our kids 'Gweedo' or 'Gweedette' when I was pg. Parasite's hysterical!

Happy Halloween to all! Rainy but warm here. Still getting some little TOTers at the door. Hope there's a lot more because I have tons of chocolate left. Of course, neither of my teens went out this year, so I'm sure they'll be happy with any that's left. ;)

Librarygirl 10-31-2013 06:24 PM

Happy Halloween JB's!:hugs:We have run out of candy, besides a few Reese cups bf saved. I have really broken out of the LC mode tonight--I made cube steak with flour! (gluten-free, but carby), sweet peas, and mashed potatoes. No candy, yet. ;)

Barbo 10-31-2013 06:32 PM

No candy for me. I had my UPP day treats at dinner.

All M&M's and Snickers go to the kids.
Anything left over goes to 'grandpa' next door.

Carly 10-31-2013 06:56 PM

DD here. No candy for me. We did not have a single trick or treater. The bag of candy will be brought to work on Monday and given to co-workers. I would bring it tomorrow, but I'll be in superior court. I could give candy to the DA, judge and Grand Jury, but they might frown on that.

(The parasite :hyst:) I'm worried that I will be really parental when I'm preggers- is the leach wrong :dunno:

Librarygirl 10-31-2013 07:16 PM

You could call him or her the love bug, and all that ensues. ;)

Seabreezes 10-31-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16666104)
You could call him or her the love bug, and all that ensues. ;)

Very cute!

Sirtain 11-01-2013 05:31 AM

Eldest was conceived on Halloween, so we called him Spook before he was born.

I ate 14 pieces of candy. Not bad. The rest got put into the freezer this morning. I tend to forget about things out there, but Littlest and Honey can still go get a piece if they want it.

Librarygirl 11-01-2013 05:44 AM

I did not eat any candy. :)

Sirtain 11-01-2013 05:53 AM

That's fantastic, Librarygirl! I wish I could say the same.

Flutter 11-01-2013 07:07 AM

No candy for me, either, but the amount that is in this house is BEYOND CRAZY! Jenna has a huge bowl full from TOTing last night and I have 2 BOXES of full sized candy bars left. Oh boy....including peanut M&Ms. Not pretty peeps. Not pretty.

Librarygirl 11-01-2013 07:21 AM

LOL, Flutter. You will have to give them to DH to take to work or something. I'm sure teenagers can go through it pretty quick though. ;)

Goner 11-01-2013 08:17 AM

Good for you LG on not eating candy. And flutter - step away from the M&Ms... LOL

I indulged a bit - M&Ms myself... probably 250 calories worth of my UD. None left now though. :cool:

We don't get TOTers - so my M&Ms were the last of a big bag.

KeirasMom 11-01-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16666074)
DD here. No candy for me. We did not have a single trick or treater. The bag of candy will be brought to work on Monday and given to co-workers. I would bring it tomorrow, but I'll be in superior court. I could give candy to the DA, judge and Grand Jury, but they might frown on that.

(The parasite :hyst:) I'm worried that I will be really parental when I'm preggers- is the leach wrong :dunno:

Oh, I called her the leach too. Still do when she's not doing her chores! :D

LoCarbGal 11-01-2013 10:06 AM

Well, I broke my "sugar fast" for sure last night, but I intended to. I had M&Ms, PB M&Ms, candy corn, a fun size Milky Way & Twix, and a little of a pumpkin pie blizzard. I think I went just a bit over my calories, but I saved most of them for this treat, so all is well and within plan.

Woke up with a bit of sugar hangover this morning, but it's all gone now and I'm ready to go back to limiting sugar. I'll have a little here and there, but no way on the every UD stuff!

Librarygirl 11-01-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16666382)
I did not eat any candy. :)

:rofl::hyst::hyst: I didn't, but I'm about to eat a cannoli.