Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 358
Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
A Tid-bit of Encouragement!

I found this on Krista Varady's FB page
https://www.facebook.com/TheEveryOtherDayDiet

You JUDD long-timers probably know this already, and I was hoping this was true, but happy to see some scientific findings:

Xantha asks: “Does fasting decrease muscle mass?”

Dr. Varady: In general, when someone is losing weight using traditional calorie restriction, they lose 75% of weight as fat and the remaining 25% as muscle. Findings from our lab show that this ratio is altered with EOD. During EOD, most subjects only lose 10% of weight as muscle and 90% as fat. Thus, EOD may help to retain muscle mass, which can in turn help to keep your metabolism high.


Woo hoo!

Last edited by Slimming-up; 10-28-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,010
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
This is great to hear, and I'm glad there's some science to back it up. I'm trying really hard to eat more protein and get adequate exercise so that I don't lose my valuable muscle!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Kimmietoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 531
Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
This is fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tina1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,707
Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
That is very nice to hear!!
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
Babsbabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,078
Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/147/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Thanks for posting this link. I had thought that this was the case with my weight loss with EOD fasting from my bodyfat measuring scale and measurements but wasn't sure if it was really possible.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
mafiamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 835
Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Really great to know!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.