Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Weight Watchers vs JUDDD

Not to diss WW (I've followed it successfully in the past) but on a beach picnic today, I enjoyed a great UD - my lovely friend following WW - ate a little more than 'allowed' and her diet was bust for the day - so she was going to restart tomorrow.

Now there are DD that don't always work, some UUAAD but you never feel like the diet is blown . . .

Love JUDDD.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I totally agree Vicky! I tried WW many years ago and was always hungry and unsatisfied, and the results weren't that great either. I know my slant is mostly due to a very disagreeable (almost abusive) group leader too.

I will always love and be indebted to Atkins, but it's the same thing there. Once you're in ketosis, if you stray even just a little, it can take you days to get back into it.

JUDDD is ever flexible, and never wags it's finger at you for the next 3 days!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
I agree with you both I believe this is the only WOE that will get me to my goal. The weight may not come off as fast as some of the other quick weight loss diets I have been on, but I just wind up gaining back what I have lost with those It may be slower but it sure is steady. Best of all no guilt involved I just feel normal I have been keeping it real simple on my DD. I have one snickers at lunch and one snickers at dinner which equals out to an even 500 calories and my stomach is so shrunk on my UD I am not even hungry and it doesn't take much to satisfy me. So no counting calories at all so far for me When I am at my goal, I will go to the 5:2 to maintain.
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm afraid to say I love the idea of snickers for my down day meals!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I can agree with that statement

regarding WW blow out.

Today is my down day and tomorrow is my medium day.
However, that is not going to work with my social Friday today.
Not to fear on JUDDD. I am making today my medium day and
tomorrow will be the DD. I don't feel that this is cheating on this
program. Life brings you situations unexpected day by day and
on JUDDD you can roll with it.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
As a maintainer I'm find I gravitate towards a natural JUDDD way of eating. If I eat too much one day, I seem to require less the next day and almost do an intuitive type of JUDDD at around 500 cals on the lower days. This seems to be working and I'm pretty happy atm. Not stressing too much if I overeat. Seems to be a better way than counting and tracking my maintenance calories every day.

Carol an abusive type leader? That's awful. Reminds me of a british comedy show called Little Britain on telly where one of the regular characters is an abusive bully type leader of a weight group....

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
I'm afraid to say I love the idea of snickers for my down day meals!
Me too! Too bad I'm on my no-sugar plan right now. Maybe after Halloween I'll try that!

I've also been tempted to try a wine (or gimlet) DD. It works for Kissa!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Now why didn't I think of a Snickers DD? Maybe a Snickers for lunch and a large rum/cascade ice coconut for dinner?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
I don't miss all the negative feelings I used to battle with on other plans when I gave up and ate foods not allowed on whatever plan I was following. Constantly trying to resist eating high carb or high calorie foods usually landed me in front of the tv with those items eventually and then it would take weeks to get back my motivation back to start dieting again. JUDDD! Great reminder Vicky!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I can't imagine a day where I no longer love JUDDD. It doesn't matter to me if I'm doing EOD rotations, 4:3 or 5:2. I love how I feel and how easy it is to maintain my weight.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Just to give the other side of this:

I did JUDDD VERY successfully, as many of you know, and if not for an eating issue triggered by this WOE I would still be doing JUDDD but......I will say that doing the new WW Points Plus plan I am still eating everything I want and actually eating so much better than I have on any other plan AND those eating issues that came about are now 99% gone!! PLUS being able to eat an apple or banana, which are 0 points, and not blowing my calories or points for the day, is very freeing, let me tell you! The fact that I have 49 extra points (7 extra a day) to spend as I see fit when needed sure helps me not feel restricted anymore.

As in my JUDDD UDs and DDs, it was always all in the planning. The same with WWs. I go out EVERY SINGLE weekend and eat the way I want to and still continue to lose. I would have to guess your friend didn't plan very well for her dinner out with you. Even on JUDDD it's suggested you have a calorie limit for you UDs and that can be blown just as fast as points are.

So different strokes for different folks and we all need to find the plan that fits us and we can live with as a WOE for life, whatever it is!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-25-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
I am so happy Linda that you found a plan that is working for you too! Steady calorie restriction made me tired, cold and I wasn't losing weight so led to binging weekends as I just couldn't stay motivated. Your posts on the JUDDD threads convinced me to give this a try and I will always be grateful for the information you passed on. Glad you are still providing information and alternatives for those that need to try a different approach as well.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl44 View Post
I agree with you both I believe this is the only WOE that will get me to my goal. The weight may not come off as fast as some of the other quick weight loss diets I have been on, but I just wind up gaining back what I have lost with those It may be slower but it sure is steady. Best of all no guilt involved I just feel normal I have been keeping it real simple on my DD. I have one snickers at lunch and one snickers at dinner which equals out to an even 500 calories and my stomach is so shrunk on my UD I am not even hungry and it doesn't take much to satisfy me. So no counting calories at all so far for me When I am at my goal, I will go to the 5:2 to maintain.
You do NOT do that!!! I see a fellow sugar addict at meetings with me in the future.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Now why didn't I think of a Snickers DD? Maybe a Snickers for lunch and a large rum/cascade ice coconut for dinner?

Flutter, Oh Flutterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Remember when we were thinking of doing a candy hack?! Too bad I'm swearing off sugar.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beeb, I think you have it right - a lot of it comes to planning! If you don't plan - it's not going to work. I admit that my DD plans aren't that strict, but that's because I've worked out what works and within the realms - stick to it.

If I had been working WW yesterday, I would have really given thought to how to get the most bang for my buck - whereas my friend didn't bring clever snacks for herself - and ate everyone else's - and they're the killer on any weight loss pan - if you don't plan!

I knew I would find it hard to do the day on a DD, so changed my rotations - called it a free day, and enjoyed it. But, if it had had to be a DD, I could have managed - crudités are my friend!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
More power to you if it works for you, Sunshine, but I could never do a Snickers day. I would be jonesing for sugar for the next three days. I'm always surprised when I see what some people can 'get away with'. Our bodies really are different. That's why it is great that there is not a one size fits all program. I have had enough of following the conventional wisdom and doing nothing but GAINING weight and still feeling hungry.

On the WW issue- it worked for me several* times, as long as I could stick to it. But I never did. I would get hungry, and also, annoyed with tracking and counting, and fall off. And it was never easy to get back on after a taste of 'freedom'. With JUDDD, it is easy for me to start over after any slips, because ever day is essentially starting over, and I am getting plenty of practice.

*I think the fact that I tried WW several times, is testament that it is just not the plan for me--I always backslid. I am still on my 'first' round of JUDDD, and have lost more weight that I ever have before AND am not tired of or discouraged by the plan at all. I still feel that I could keep on with this forever. I have been JUDDDing for almost 8 months now, so I am definitely past the first flush of a new diet, where one is still enthusiastic. And yet, I still AM enthusiastic!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree Sirtain. WW did not work for me either. It was the very first diet plan I ever tried, after the initial weight gain. I remember I was 159 at the first weigh in, which was horrible to me (at the time) lol. I managed to get down to 145 and then it was over, and I gained even more. The next time I tried WW, they did a group at work, and the leader would come to campus once a week. I was closer to 180 at the start that time, I think. I never got lower than a few pound less, and promptly gave up. Thank goodness I finally found JUDDD (and now LC).

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 10-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Just to give the other side of this:

I did JUDDD VERY successfully, as many of you know, and if not for an eating issue triggered by this WOE I would still be doing JUDDD but......I will say that doing the new WW Points Plus plan I am still eating everything I want and actually eating so much better than I have on any other plan AND those eating issues that came about are now 99% gone!! PLUS being able to eat an apple or banana, which are 0 points, and not blowing my calories or points for the day, is very freeing, let me tell you! The fact that I have 49 extra points (7 extra a day) to spend as I see fit when needed sure helps me not feel restricted anymore.

As in my JUDDD UDs and DDs, it was always all in the planning. The same with WWs. I go out EVERY SINGLE weekend and eat the way I want to and still continue to lose. I would have to guess your friend didn't plan very well for her dinner out with you. Even on JUDDD it's suggested you have a calorie limit for you UDs and that can be blown just as fast as points are.

So different strokes for different folks and we all need to find the plan that fits us and we can live with as a WOE for life, whatever it is!
Linda, I am so HAPPY to read that WW is working well for you
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Beeb, I think you have it right - a lot of it comes to planning! If you don't plan - it's not going to work. I admit that my DD plans aren't that strict, but that's because I've worked out what works and within the realms - stick to it.

If I had been working WW yesterday, I would have really given thought to how to get the most bang for my buck - whereas my friend didn't bring clever snacks for herself - and ate everyone else's - and they're the killer on any weight loss pan - if you don't plan!

I knew I would find it hard to do the day on a DD, so changed my rotations - called it a free day, and enjoyed it. But, if it had had to be a DD, I could have managed - crudités are my friend!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Linda, I am so HAPPY to read that WW is working well for you
Old 10-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Flutter, Oh Flutterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Remember when we were thinking of doing a candy hack?! Too bad I'm swearing off sugar.
Now, LG, why would you think I know anything about candy & rum on a DD?

Seriously, though, there is no other plan that I've been able to lose weight and stay on plan this long without feeling really tired & resentful (and regaining every blasted pound!). Love for Juddd is not a strong enough word for this girl!!! ITA with you, mint!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote