Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I am freezing. {sigh} (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/815964-i-am-freezing-sigh.html)

Flutter 10-25-2013 07:52 AM

I am freezing. {sigh}
 
It is going to be a long, long, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG winter!!!!!!!!! I know how cold I was last year Juddding, but this is even worse already! 29* outside when I got the teens up for school this morning. I must move to palm trees soon. I simply must!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps96643781.jpg

Goner 10-25-2013 08:00 AM

It's not funny, I know - but last night, it was probably "only" in the high 40s, I said to DH - OK I'm DONE with winter.... brrrrrr Is it over yet? Every year I get less and less tolerant of the cold - it hasn't begun really here and my mind is telling me I'm done with it already! YIKES... it could be a long winter. But then - let's think of the old wive's tale - my blood hasn't THICKENED up enough to stand the cold yet... it WILL get easier. :annoyed: :lol: I haven't gone thru a winter with JUDDD chills either - but saw a post yesterday someone said 30 minutes of cardio in the afternoon warms her up... MIGHT need to try that!

KeirasMom 10-25-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16657930)
It's not funny, I know - but last night, it was probably "only" in the high 40s, I said to DH - OK I'm DONE with winter.... brrrrrr Is it over yet? Every year I get less and less tolerant of the cold - it hasn't begun really here and my mind is telling me I'm done with it already! YIKES... it could be a long winter. But then - let's think of the old wive's tale - my blood hasn't THICKENED up enough to stand the cold yet... it WILL get easier. :annoyed: :lol: I haven't gone thru a winter with JUDDD chills either - but saw a post yesterday someone said 30 minutes of cardio in the afternoon warms her up... MIGHT need to try that!

Fair warning--cardio doesn't work for everyone. When I do cardio, I'm fine while doing it, but then I freeze MORE afterward.

Librarygirl 10-25-2013 08:21 AM

Cardio warms me for a while, but you could just keep moving. :D If it's any consolation, Flutter, we have been getting into the 30s at night already--80s last week.:eek:

SlimNana 10-25-2013 09:24 AM

:D

Galveston Gal 10-25-2013 09:50 AM

Warm thoughts from coastal Texas...Galveston Island...:D
(but was born and grown in all Great Lakes States)
...but I still get cold....
Every time I eat, my hands get cold...for atleast 45 minutes...I guess until my body gets through initial processing of foods it was given.

It doesn't matter if the food is hot or cold....the hands/body gets cold for awhile thereafter.:confused:

LoCarbGal 10-25-2013 10:09 AM

You need to come visit me, Melinda. It was 93* here yesterday and I was saying "ENOUGH ALREADY!!!"

Phoenix is a beautiful place in the winter. Just saying.......

Seabreezes 10-25-2013 11:07 AM

Wish you could join me here Flutter. Lots of palm trees, warm water and sun. I am soooo fortunate to be able to call Hawaii home.

I HATE cold with a passion. I practically go into hibernation!

Here's hoping the winter isn't too severe this year.....

mojocat 10-25-2013 11:46 AM

Hot thoughts also from here in Australia where we have been surrounded by fires. Today I will be seeing my regular bike/hike route to see the damage left behind. I used to hate summer, hated showing my body and I would feel the heat terribly, rashes under my double FFFF breast and rubbing in between thighs. I loved winter because I could rug up and I didn't feel the cold as badly as others. Now with losing all my weight I LOVE summer and the heat, I just wear those singlet bras now as I'm kinda flat chested now defintely no rashes anymore (which I love incidentally after being a big busted gal for a long time) and being able to wear bathers, dresses and shorts since well.... since being a kid. I don't like the cold though....and I do feel for you....grab out the spicy herbal teas??

tina1973 10-25-2013 12:58 PM

I've been freezing since starting JUDDD, especially on DD's.

Librarygirl 10-25-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galveston Gal (Post 16658064)
Warm thoughts from coastal Texas...Galveston Island...:D
(but was born and grown in all Great Lakes States)
...but I still get cold....
Every time I eat, my hands get cold...for atleast 45 minutes...I guess until my body gets through initial processing of foods it was given.

It doesn't matter if the food is hot or cold....the hands/body gets cold for awhile thereafter.:confused:

My bf in highschool used to call it the lunchroom shakes. :D He said all the heat goes to digestion after you eat and you feel cold. I don't know if that's true or not.:dunno:

Librarygirl 10-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojocat (Post 16658233)
Hot thoughts also from here in Australia where we have been surrounded by fires. Today I will be seeing my regular bike/hike route to see the damage left behind. I used to hate summer, hated showing my body and I would feel the heat terribly, rashes under my double FFFF breast and rubbing in between thighs. I loved winter because I could rug up and I didn't feel the cold as badly as others. Now with losing all my weight I LOVE summer and the heat, I just wear those singlet bras now as I'm kinda flat chested now defintely no rashes anymore (which I love incidentally after being a big busted gal for a long time) and being able to wear bathers, dresses and shorts since well.... since being a kid. I don't like the cold though....and I do feel for you....grab out the spicy herbal teas??

I used to suffer terribly in the summers when I was 200+ lbs.:o It was so embarrassing to be red faced and sweating all the time. I loved the winters too, although ours are mild, because I could finally feel normal...my insulation was enough that I hardly needed a coat lol. Now I still like cooler weather as opposed to HOT weather, but I enjoy mild weather a lot more.

Flutter 10-26-2013 05:31 AM

I loved summer, even when fluffier. I am a hot weather girl! Not quite sure why the Big Guy planted me in the tundra. He has a sense of humor? ;) I'm not amused so much any more!!!

Very jealous of you TX, Carolina, Arizona & Hawaii girls!!! Oh how I am jealous!!!!!! Please enjoy those lovely warm days for us tundra dwellers, ok? Maybe send a little warmth to the north when you get a second? :heart:

Mojo, I haven't watched much news lately. You have horrible fires your way in Aussie? How horrible!!!!! I hope the damage is minimal to your bike path. :(

Gotta get some more coffee & head to DD's basketball game. Thanks for letting me vent girls!

Carly 10-26-2013 02:00 PM

Oh Melinda, I hear you! I'm getting my last glimpse of Palm trees here in the airport. I heard NY has been quite cold since we left on Tuesday morning. I think the counties to the north of us had freeze warnings a few nights while we were away and when we land tonight it will be about 35* :mad:

I like the heat and the long day light hours of the warm months. The clocks go back soon and I hate that as much as the cold.

I wish I could pack some of this Florida sunshine and bring it back. (The TSA probably wouldn't allow it... I got a full frisk just now when I went through the body scanner. The screws and plates in my spine always get the TSA agents nervous. I think DW gets a little mad when I get the "pat down")

Flutter 10-27-2013 07:30 AM

Oh yikes, on the TSA thing!!!! I imagine that's a bit uncomfortable. Knowing myself, I would be nervous, too. (I don't like any attention!) I do hope you had a most fabulous time!!! I am always so very sad having to leave my palm trees, though. The happiest I ever am is the first sight of them I get!

Patience 10-27-2013 07:38 AM

Winter is looming a bit unpleasantly, isn't it? For me the transition to the colder morning temps is the hardest, getting out of bed, etc. I always start wearing socks as I sleep. Have always had to do that as seasons change. Next I start with wearing layers. A light underlayer of silk is luxurious and warming. Doesn't have to be silk, of course, but that keeps me from feeling so bulky. I think I will be more chilled this winter as I am carrying 20 llbs less fat . . so I am willing to go a bit with that. I also drink more hot drinks to get my water requirements, e.g., herbal hot teas. Soups, even not broth, are great too.

Librarygirl 10-27-2013 07:42 AM

My favorite thing for chilly nights is a HOT shower. My skin probably does not appreciate it, but ahhhhhhh it feels so good. I stay warm for nearly an hour afterward. ;)

Flutter 10-27-2013 07:45 AM

I love my heated blanket. Seriously. BEST INVENTION EVER!!! Of course, along with my fuzzy socks, warm throw blankets, heated car seats...I think I may have to invest in some silk underthings, Bella! I am miserable when I'm cold...and I am cold all the stinking time Oct-April.

Carly 10-27-2013 07:49 AM

I slept with my electric blanket on the whole night last night. Oh how I wish I were on the beach!

Patience 10-27-2013 07:51 AM

Oh yeah, soaking in my bathtub in water as hot as I can stand it.
Would love to have a whirlpool type hot tub . . . dream on.
My car has heated seats and that is nice. I also got remote car starter for Christmas last year . . . . I don't have a garage with room for my car.

Macci 10-27-2013 10:09 AM

Okay, Ladies...under the category of "something to actually look forward to about perimenopause" : I never feel cold on a DD!

Carly 10-27-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macci (Post 16660078)
Okay, Ladies...under the category of "something to actually look forward to about perimenopause" : I never feel cold on a DD!

Hummm... I don't know what is worse- the shivers or hot flashes...

Galveston Gal 10-27-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16659945)
Winter is looming a bit unpleasantly, isn't it? For me the transition to the colder morning temps is the hardest, getting out of bed, etc. I always start wearing socks as I sleep. Have always had to do that as seasons change. Next I start with wearing layers. A light underlayer of silk is luxurious and warming. Doesn't have to be silk, of course, but that keeps me from feeling so bulky. I think I will be more chilled this winter as I am carrying 20 llbs less fat . . so I am willing to go a bit with that. .......

Yes...to that: being colder after reaching goal.
My favorite thing is to heat the "2 pounds of rice" sewn into a cloth bag...in the microwave for 2 mins....take it out....tuck it near/around my feet on a cool evening.....gets those toes warm as the dreams drift into my eyelids!!!
(Like the old-old idea of when they heated a brick in the oven and put it under the covers at the foot of the bed!!!!):D

ouizoid 10-27-2013 01:13 PM

My heated mattress pad is my saving grace. Can't recommend highly enough!

Familyvet 10-27-2013 02:36 PM

I totally agree Ouiz, but that sure does make it hard to get out of bed in the AM!!

Demonica 10-28-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16658609)
My bf in highschool used to call it the lunchroom shakes. :D He said all the heat goes to digestion after you eat and you feel cold. I don't know if that's true or not.:dunno:

Sounds true to me. I have the same issue. I get ice cold after I eat anything. I too am also tired of winter.:annoyed: I love FALL weather, where it's just cool enough for a hoody and with only that I am totally comfortable, not too hot not too cold. It lasted maybe 2 weeks then it dropped way down. Want my fall weather back!

I have found that after I swim I get warmed up nicely. I can go outside even if it is freezing cold and not be freezing cold, even with damp hair (even though I wrap it in a towel)

Flutter 10-28-2013 06:35 AM

I think I am going to go put an extra pair of socks on my feet. I have been warming my poor nose up with the coffee mug...just turned my heat up to 72...slept with my electric blanket on "8" all night...it's only October! I.AM.IN.DEEP.TROUBLE.PEEPS.

ETA: and this is on an UD!

mafiamom 10-28-2013 06:51 AM

I was absolutely freezing yesterday! I live in PA and winter is nigh. I was on my DD. does juddding make you colder??? Cause seriously I had the chills all day and night !

Flutter 10-28-2013 07:14 AM

Yep, DDs on Juddd can be notorious for freezing your tooshie off!!!

SlimNana 10-28-2013 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Macci (Post 16660078)
Okay, Ladies...under the category of "something to actually look forward to about perimenopause" : I never feel cold on a DD!

:D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:39 AM.