Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
Back from too long of a break

Well I fell off the wagon for a while and I fell hard. I haven't been here because I didn't feel like I deserved to be here. The last week or so I have tried so hard to get back into the groove of things and always manage to fail. I have tried to get back to lower carb JUDDDing and always seem to either stop at McDonald's after I get off work (I went and got semi addicted to chocolate chip frappes and Big Macs) or, if I manage to get home without stopping at McDonald's, I raid the cabinets and fridge as soon as I walk in the door. The snack machine at work is NOT low carb friendly at all. I take my lunch to work with me but always seem to let the temptation of the chocolate in that machine get to me. My DD's always start out great, with me telling myself "today is the day I get back into the swing of things" and by the end of the day, I have seemed to either go way over on calories or on a carb fest (cheese danishes out of the snack machine at work)

Last week I joined a local gym. I have been swimming in the mornings from 5:30-7:30 or so. It has helped out in the exercise department. I do good diet wise all day then I hear that stupid little voice in my head telling me that it's ok to eat that danish/candy bar/stop at McDonald's because I swam that morning and will swim the next day. I don't like to eat after I get off work because I read somewhere (I think it was on this board)about sleeping better if you don't eat anything in the 3 hours before you go to bed (which is true in my case)

Today I set up an appointment with a personal trainer. I am bound and determined to get into the best shape of my life and finally reach my goal weight. I am going to get out of this rut and get back on the JUDDD wagon once and for all!!
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
back, you CAN DO THIS!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #3

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
You can totally do this! I've been getting snacky mid-afternoon lately, which is totally NOT like me. I've been bringing Quest bars to work, and they're fairly low carb, lots of good protein, and satisfy my sweet tooth. Maybe a "planned indulgence" like that would help.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohcmb
Stats: 205/191/160
Start Date: 2014 Restart
Demonica,

I too have also been having a very hard time. I have been very down on myself and absent from the boards here.

I have been juddding here and there in my off time but I need to commit and focus. I said this last time after I disappeared for a while but I think logging in here is so so important, at least for me, even when I am completely off the wagon. If I keep logging in and posting even when I am not doing well I end up spending less time off the wagon and make more good decisions.

I am committing to getting back on track. We can do this!

For me I have realized in the past few months is I am very much a giver, and I take care of other people. I often end up taking care of other people and trying to make them happy and put myself last and end up with no time to plan/prep my meals or get to the gym and make horrible decisions due to that. I have to start making time for myself.

We can do it!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #5

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes, you can, both of you, we are here to support you all the way.

You both know from experience that coming to the boards daily to boast or bawl really helps.

Lovely to see both of you back again.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Welcome back Demonica! And you too ohcmb!

It's so funny how when we maybe need this board the most (when we're struggling) is when we fall off with posting and maybe even reading. It's like we give up 100%. I understand, because when my head's not in it, I don't even want to think about it. It makes me feel guilty and like a failure.

Kudos to you both for getting back here and posting. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just keep trying and trying! We're here to listen and help!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #7

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcmb View Post
Demonica,

I too have also been having a very hard time. I have been very down on myself and absent from the boards here.

I have been juddding here and there in my off time but I need to commit and focus. I said this last time after I disappeared for a while but I think logging in here is so so important, at least for me, even when I am completely off the wagon. If I keep logging in and posting even when I am not doing well I end up spending less time off the wagon and make more good decisions.

I am committing to getting back on track. We can do this!

For me I have realized in the past few months is I am very much a giver, and I take care of other people. I often end up taking care of other people and trying to make them happy and put myself last and end up with no time to plan/prep my meals or get to the gym and make horrible decisions due to that. I have to start making time for myself.

We can do it!
Nice to see you back again girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back to both of you! You can both do this! Try to take it one day at a time. I know I can do anything for 1 day.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Back Demonica, and Ohcmb!! You both can do it!

Demonica, I know exactly what you mean about the snack machines at work. Although I avoid them completely on DDs, I feel like I "deserve" the treats on UDs and they have become my downfall. I end up eating so many "treats" I don't have room for real food in my calorie allotment, and still go over! I'm trying LC again (with Juddd), and started today.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Hey there!
Welcome back! I have just returned myself after quite a while. I loved the break from fasting, and managed to maintain quite easily eating regular meals daily. But for the health benefits (including my sugar addiction ) I am back! One thing I know didn't work was low carb. Now, that is just me. But I felt ill, and deprived and sad eating that way. Maybe its not for you?
I found my Juddd journey was a learning path... what food satisfies me? What foods make me a crazy hunger monster? What makes me miserable? Fruit and sugars set me off. Fish, eggs and a good quality piece of toast satisfy (me). Once you learn what foods fit YOUR puzzle, it will all fit. Down Days have never been easy for me. But I can do them using the right formula....
Maybe make a food diary and note how you feel after eating a particular food. And in the meantime, do carry some snacks around so you have a backup. When you have nothing on you to feed crazy hunger, you are more likely to just 'throw in the towel' and give up for the day. If you go over your calories it doesn't matter. Just don't give up... you can sooooo do this!
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.6/115-120
back Demonica and ohcmb. You can do it, girls!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Welcome back! The only time it's too late to start again is when you're dead and buried! And then depending on your beliefs, that's when the real fun begins! So even then it's never too late!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote