Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks Cindy!

I would disagree that you aren't seeing good losses. Your high bounce has come down several pounds and you're seeing new lows! I'm SOOOOO excited about that for you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Thanks, Cindy. I have always believed LC/Paleo/GF was healthier, but it didn't stop me from secretly rejoicing that I could fast eod and eat all that unhealthy food as much as I wanted...I'd say over the past 4-5 months, I've been seeing a trend toward very indulgent unhealthy UDs, and I couldn't seem to break the pattern. I was lucky if I had one real meal a day. I tried to incorporate lots of veggies on DDs, but there's only so much you can do with 300-500 calories.

I still want to indulge on special occasions, but every other day is not a special occasion and that's what I was trying to make it.
Really well said, and about where I am right now.

I know going SF is the way to go for me, but I'm struggling with the feeling of "double depravation"... like... no food EOD AND even on UD no access to "everything".

But, I think the way around the mentality (i.e. what I would tell someone, so I should take my own advice...) is this-- it's not forever, and its maybe not all the time.

But if I want to lose weight, I DEFINITELY need to acknowledge that every-other-day isn't a party day .

As cookie monster now says-- cookies are a SOMETIMES treat.

So-- I join you at least until Thursday (which for me is an UD ).

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:39 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Alright! Join till Thursday, and maybe you'll want to stick around. I struggled with that thinking too, for almost a year. Now, I've had so much sugar I really don't feel deprived of not being able to eat it, but glad that I don't want it right now. I was feeling like it just was unhealthy, I wasn't losing, and they've been doing some more studies saying it affects brain health (memory, specifically) in people with healthy blood sugar. On top of that, my choloesterol levels were a little high a couple of weeks ago, and my blood sugar was 90, which isn't high, but that was after fasting for 14 hours.

I feel like I'm eating indulgently still, and I've found some delicious dessert recipes that taste even better than the sugar crap I was eating.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I had a good LC breakfast today-- eggs in butter, and I mixed in some chive pesto I made with my own chives. I have salami planned for later
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I had cantaloupe and cottage cheese. I am eating any and all fruits and vegetables, including potatoes, which I don't even want very often. Not really avoiding anything but sugar, and bread mainly because I don't crave it anyway.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you're joining in Soren! It does feel good having the sugar out of my system, I must admit. I always feel that when I cut it out, and wonder why I ever go back to it. But then, I don't intend on never having a sweet treat. Just not all the time like I had been. And the learning just keeps on coming!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote