Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The gods have a sense of humour...... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/815462-gods-have-sense-humour.html)

mafiamom 10-19-2013 11:08 AM

The gods have a sense of humour......

OK, I am on my third UD, and I am so not hungry. Rewind back to my DD yesterday when I could have eaten an entire pizza shop, mortar and all!!! What in the world is up with that?? Makes me think a huge part of this WOE is entirely mental. Know you CAN'T eat, and of course you are starving..... know you CAN eat and it's like, eh whatever. Does this happen to anyone else??

Kissa 10-19-2013 11:35 AM

Oh yes, not a at all uncommon and very, very annoying!

KeirasMom 10-19-2013 11:39 AM

Happens to us all at one time or another. We find a way to power through and EAT though! :hyst:

LoCarbGal 10-19-2013 11:50 AM

Yep! BTDT. Although I generally don't have much trouble convincing myself to eat! :o

Planelman 10-19-2013 12:27 PM

Eating up to your calories on an UD, especially fats and protein, will help you on your DD to curb your hunger and keep your calories lower. Don't cheat yourself when you CAN eat, you will pay for it in the form if hunger the next day when you CAN'T.

Slimming-up 10-19-2013 12:43 PM

I often find myself at the end of an UD with 1000+ calories to eat, and not sure how to fit it all in.

I think subconsciously I'm thinking that I'm still limited, so throughout the day I'm "saving" up.

Just the other night I ate some cheese and Reeses cups and a few other things, ONLY to eat up the calories. I went to bed not feeling so good.

Definitely need to pace myself better!

Carly 10-19-2013 01:11 PM

I remember that from early on- now 1550 is pretty easy to accomplish and I don't have many hungry DDs anymore (hope I'm not jinxing myself).

Luv2Eat 10-19-2013 03:35 PM

Oh yes, this happens to me, too. I totally agree with you that the main struggle on this diet is mental, but aren't most diets that way? At least with this one, I know when I work the plan, I'll lose weight, so that's a big incentive, I think. That's awesome that you figured this important aspect out very quickly. :up:

My favorite mantra on dd is: I can eat tomorrow - learned it here on this forum ;)

JUDDD has taught me so much about my body, hunger and healthy eating, I hope you get these benefits too :hugs:

Oh, and what Planelman said about eating up to your calories on ud is really important, especially to keep the metabolism revved up with the piston engine magic that JUDDD works on.
KUTGW :high5:

Librarygirl 10-19-2013 08:39 PM

I don't remember ever not being able to eat on a UD, nor ever having lots of calories left over lol. Seems like a great problem to have!!

Kissa 10-20-2013 04:25 AM

Of course a glass of wine can help...that is if you imbibe.

LGG 10-20-2013 09:56 AM

Yes - I regularly have a hard time getting up to my UD calories, and then even in week 8 of JUDDD, I still am not entirely comfortable on DDs. That being said, for the last several years, losing weight has been very difficult. No matter how low I went in calories (even lower per day than the JUDDD two day average), I could not lose weight to speak of ( a couple of pounds here or there). With JUDDD, the weight comes off and generally, I feel great. After about week 4, DDs did become easier, but I haven't arrived at the place where some long term JUDDDers here are where they prefer DDs to up days!

Several times I've *had* to eat cheesecake (small slice has 300+ cals) to get up to my UD calories - I think I can continue to suffer through that. :hyst: I do sometimes feel too stuffed on UDs, though, and I have never gone over my calorie limit on UDs (I confess I have on a few DDs). I also find that what I eat on UDs determines my comfort level on DDs. So, if I eat too many starchy carbs on an UD, I am more uncomfortable on the next DD. I eat very low carb on DDs - no more than 15 gms total carb - which helps with hunger.

Yesterday, I ate a salad (I LOVE veggies) on a DD, and felt hungrier than I usually do on DDs the rest of the day. I made it through by thinking about the UD and what I will get to eat. Now, I've been awake for 3 hours on this glorious Sunday UD, and I've only had coffee with 2T of half and half, and I'm not even hungry - :hyst:. JUDDD is great - but a little weird. ;)

Luv2Eat 10-20-2013 10:19 AM

LGC, that's been exactly my experience, especially the low calorie part! Love your last sentence, so true :high5:

gotsomeold 10-20-2013 02:54 PM

Not hungry on UD? Forget to eat on UD? Stall my weight loss by neglecting to notice I am not eating enough on UD? Shout "Oh $%^$ It's seven-o-clock PM on UD and I am at 300 calories"?

All.

The.

Time.

:hyst:

Don't worry. It gets easier. It really does.

Librarygirl 10-20-2013 03:25 PM

Hey Nancy!! :)

I hope to have that problem, of not remembering to eat or not eating enough, one day. :) I had coffee this morning and didn't eat until after 11 am, but I was starving! Now that I've snacked my way from lunch till dinner, I really could skip it. However, I definitely don't have a lot of calories left, if any. :D

Librarygirl 10-20-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGG (Post 16650980)
Yes - I regularly have a hard time getting up to my UD calories, and then even in week 8 of JUDDD, I still am not entirely comfortable on DDs. That being said, for the last several years, losing weight has been very difficult. No matter how low I went in calories (even lower per day than the JUDDD two day average), I could not lose weight to speak of ( a couple of pounds here or there). With JUDDD, the weight comes off and generally, I feel great. After about week 4, DDs did become easier, but I haven't arrived at the place where some long term JUDDDers here are where they prefer DDs to up days!

Several times I've *had* to eat cheesecake (small slice has 300+ cals) to get up to my UD calories - I think I can continue to suffer through that. :hyst: I do sometimes feel too stuffed on UDs, though, and I have never gone over my calorie limit on UDs (I confess I have on a few DDs). I also find that what I eat on UDs determines my comfort level on DDs. So, if I eat too many starchy carbs on an UD, I am more uncomfortable on the next DD. I eat very low carb on DDs - no more than 15 gms total carb - which helps with hunger.

Yesterday, I ate a salad (I LOVE veggies) on a DD, and felt hungrier than I usually do on DDs the rest of the day. I made it through by thinking about the UD and what I will get to eat. Now, I've been awake for 3 hours on this glorious Sunday UD, and I've only had coffee with 2T of half and half, and I'm not even hungry - :hyst:. JUDDD is great - but a little weird. ;)

For your height/weight/age I get 1550 for UDs. I guess that is a good bit, but 1200 is considered WLM, so really 1/2 c. of nuts or a (small) dessert would be all it would take to get to your number.:up:

Kissa 10-21-2013 09:58 AM

Great to see you Nancy, how's tricks?