Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday - Whatcha HAvin'? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/815240-ud-thursday-whatcha-havin.html)

ladybarometer 10-17-2013 05:58 AM

UD Thursday - Whatcha HAvin'?
 
I'm going on the unofficial record that I am out of the 190s :clap:

I weighed this morning and I'm 189 - but I wanna try to only record the weight that I am at the end of the week - so we'll see if it's still there Saturday morning, before I go eat wedding cake :yummy:

I like recording my official loss on weekend days, since I'm asleep longer, and I figure the previous day's food has more time to do it's thing LoL!

So today is an up day :)

B: Lean Pocket
L: Leftover Chicken Casserole
D: Probably a sandwich and tator tots - we're going out to a Irish pub tonight, but I'm going to control myself :)

sharkini 10-17-2013 06:48 AM

:jumpjoy: WooHoo ladyB!

sharkini 10-17-2013 06:50 AM

I'm going to do a MD since I have a big lunch meeting tomorrow so I just need to adjust things a wee bit. I think it's 50% of UD, that would be about 1,200 calories.

Almond flour blueberry muffin, (135)
Spinach smoothie, (55)

Small iced coffee (60)

Pumpkin chili, (300)
Sour cream, (62)

1 ounce tamari almonds, (130)

Pesto shrimp, (275)
5 marinated artichoke hearts, (67)

Skinny Cow fudge pop, (100)

Total: 1,054

LoCarbGal 10-17-2013 07:19 AM

Great news LB! New decades are so rewarding, and you deserve to celebrate!

B: Coffee/HWC, apple (love my Jonathons and Honeycrisps this time of year!)
L: ???
D: Parmesan crusted pork cutlet, big green salad
D: Probably

Target: 1850ish

Low Carb Librarian 10-17-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybarometer (Post 16647024)
I'm going on the unofficial record that I am out of the 190s :clap:

I weighed this morning and I'm 189 - but I wanna try to only record the weight that I am at the end of the week - so we'll see if it's still there Saturday morning, before I go eat wedding cake :yummy:

I like recording my official loss on weekend days, since I'm asleep longer, and I figure the previous day's food has more time to do it's thing LoL!

So today is an up day :)

B: Lean Pocket
L: Leftover Chicken Casserole
D: Probably a sandwich and tator tots - we're going out to a Irish pub tonight, but I'm going to control myself :)


:jumpjoy:
Great job getting out of the 190's!

Low Carb Librarian 10-17-2013 08:48 AM

I had a pumpkin bagel this morning... Mmmmm.... With cream cheese

I have been waiting for days to find and have one of these. It was terrific!

I will have a sweet potato today, but I am not sure what else I will have.

Sirtain 10-17-2013 08:52 AM

I had bacon, eggs, and greens this morning. Planning a sashimi lunch, and lamb chops with sweet potato and cauliflower this evening. Strawberry ice cream for dessert.

adillenal 10-17-2013 09:25 AM

I have been doing 2:1 but was not hungry yesterday so made it a DD so back to two UD's in a row. Or not.
B - coffee with HWC
L - fresh corn tortillas with cheese and salsa
D - roast or homemade veggie soup

I have quit Diet Coke again so I seem to have not much of an appetite. Maybe those articles saying artificial sweeteners stimulate appetite are correct.

Brendajm 10-17-2013 10:24 AM

I had coffee with CO,, and pumpkin muffin 200
lunch was chicken with faux tato salad( made with cauliflower) guessing 350
snack dark chocolate and macadamia nuts 250??
dinner with me sausage and cabbage 250
maybe I will get to 1220 for today.. not sure..

KeirasMom 10-17-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendajm (Post 16647476)
I had coffee with CO,, and pumpkin muffin 200
lunch was chicken with faux tato salad( made with cauliflower) guessing 350
snack dark chocolate and macadamia nuts 250??
dinner with me sausage and cabbage 250
maybe I will get to 1220 for today.. not sure..

Wasn't your last UD really low, like 800-900 calories? I could be wrong, but if so, please don't shortchange yourself on UDs. I've seen it backfire again and again.

Brendajm 10-17-2013 11:28 AM

it was low,, I cant seem to eat that much.. How do you do it.. I will be so bloated and feel nasty..

adillenal 10-17-2013 11:32 AM

Throw some butter in that menu and I am curious where you are finding a pumpkin muffin with those few calories. I do not know how much CO you used in your coffee. With all the question marks, are you guessing at calories? You need to weigh and measure and use an online calculator for tracking calories or at least a book and a pencil. My maintenance calories are higher than what you are eating. Dawn is right. It isn't JUDDD unless there is a swing between UD and DD.

Brendajm 10-17-2013 11:40 AM

the pumpkin muffin is a lowcarb one that I make that I have put in the stats.. I use my fitnesspal. I only use about 1 tsp co in my coffee.. I guess I could add more .I do have a scale and weigh out my meat.. I didn't weigh out my sausage for dinner yet so that is a guess..

ladybarometer 10-17-2013 11:48 AM

Using heavy cream and coconut oil are quick ways to add calories.

I haven't had the not being hungry issue yet - I wish I had to force myself to eat, but it does back fire. Last time on JUDDD I not only stalled, but when my weight did fluctuate, it went up, not down! :eek:

I barely count on my UDs, beacuse if I try to, I'll restrict too much. It's working so far. I know a ball park estimate of my calories, but if I count them like on *** I will 1) obsess over it and 2) restrict, because that big calorie number is scary to me, and seeing it kinda worries me. So.. I ignore it LOL!

If you're having any issue losing, I would adjust your DD before lowering your UD. I'm certainly no pro, but that seems to work for folks.

KeirasMom 10-17-2013 12:38 PM

There are plenty of calorie dense foods you could eat without adding a ton of bulk. Think butter, cheese, nuts, nut butters, avocados, cream, more CO, etc. If you're not low carb, the options are endless. I choose to make up any lacking calories in wine and chocolate. :D

Brendajm 10-17-2013 01:05 PM

oh Dawn,, wine and chocolate, now you are talking!! I got to refigure dinner now.. I will be at my church most of the night so I don't have much time to eat.. I guess I will throw some butter in my cabbage and sausage.. yum

Lemontini 10-17-2013 01:26 PM

Whole grain toast with PB
popcorn and a mini Magnum ice cream bar

Dinner will be a burger (no bun) with blue cheese and bacon, lettuce salad, plus a glass or two of wine. Maybe another ice cream bar later if I have the calories left.

adillenal 10-17-2013 02:34 PM

A pint of Blue Bell ice cream is 600 calories or more and for me that is a serving. just sayin'

Low Carb Librarian 10-17-2013 03:25 PM

Ack! I am already up to 1400 (and change) calories for the day!
It was mostly junky stuff too, so I will be hungry tomorrow.

That's what I get for eating 8 whole graham cracker sheets and 8 ( yes 8) Kraft thin slices of Swiss cheese!

I was feeling stressed ( like yesterday ) and gave in. At least I didn't give in on my DD.

I have 300 calories left so I am going to try to eat something good.

KeirasMom 10-17-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16647883)
Ack! I am already up to 1400 (and change) calories for the day!
It was mostly junky stuff too, so I will be hungry tomorrow.

That's what I get for eating 8 whole graham cracker sheets and 8 ( yes 8) Kraft thin slices of Swiss cheese!

I was feeling stressed ( like yesterday ) and gave in. At least I didn't give in on my DD.

I have 300 calories left so I am going to try to eat something good.

How was Disney? I saw one little boy in Spiderman clothes at California Adventures, but didn't know if he was with you and didn't want to go up to a stranger and ask! :hyst:

Brendajm 10-17-2013 05:39 PM

Well I hit 1700 .. I hope I can keep them down tomorrow. I got to work in the kitchen at our church and there will be about 200dozen cookies. Not good.

Librarygirl 10-17-2013 05:52 PM

Have you been on a very low calorie diet before now, Bendajm? I'm just wondering if you were used to eating so low, and that's why 1700 seems so high? I think it's easy for me because I've been used to eating so much (and why I got over 200 lbs) lol. Plus after DDs, it's so important to refuel so that you're actually getting the benefits of fasting without starving. :)

Barbo 10-17-2013 08:11 PM

Too Much
 
partying 3 days in a row. ....aack...

Fish fried, 1/2 c. mashed potato, 1/3 c. coleslaw,
water

chicken breast, 1/2 c. mashed potato, green beans,
sliver of pecan pie. Milk,

Low Carb Librarian 10-17-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16647900)
How was Disney? I saw one little boy in Spiderman clothes at California Adventures, but didn't know if he was with you and didn't want to go up to a stranger and ask! :hyst:

Ha! Yeah, that wasn't us... My boys were superman and batman on Saturday. They were Woody and Buzz on Friday.
:)
We had an okay time. The crowds were crazy! I didn't expect as many people. I think the park hours had something to do with it. When one park closed everyone sardined into the park that was still open.

We are going back for our last time :( in November. Our passes expire and I can't budget in another annual pass for a couple years probably... Though I REALLY want another one for 2014!

I looked around for you... But I had a hard time just finding my family in the crowds. :D

I hope you and your family had a great time.

Brendajm 10-18-2013 03:03 AM

Cindy. I did lowcarb for 7 years. Then lower carb maintenance. When I did the JUDDD calculator it said 400 and 1800

KeirasMom 10-18-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16648269)
Ha! Yeah, that wasn't us... My boys were superman and batman on Saturday. They were Woody and Buzz on Friday.
:)
We had an okay time. The crowds were crazy! I didn't expect as many people. I think the park hours had something to do with it. When one park closed everyone sardined into the park that was still open.

We are going back for our last time :( in November. Our passes expire and I can't budget in another annual pass for a couple years probably... Though I REALLY want another one for 2014!

I looked around for you... But I had a hard time just finding my family in the crowds. :D

I hope you and your family had a great time.

Then I'm doubly glad I didn't approach that family! :hyst: We had a good time. Our passes expire in December and we won't be renewing this year either. Spur of the moment on Sunday, we decided to go to Universal Studios. They had some great deal on annual passes (I think it was only a few dollars more than the one day entry), so we got those and they're good all through 2014, so that'll be our park this coming year.

Librarygirl 10-18-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendajm (Post 16648335)
Cindy. I did lowcarb for 7 years. Then lower carb maintenance. When I did the JUDDD calculator it said 400 and 1800

Is that with moderate exercise, because it seems high for your weight of 122. That's higher than my calculated calories and I'm 174 lbs.:dunno: If you're having trouble eating that much, maybe it would be easier to do 20% (little to no exercise) calculations?:hugs:

Brendajm 10-18-2013 07:50 AM

yes, that was with moderate exercise.. I will recalculate.. thanks


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.