Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kel1
Stats: 207/158/143
WOE: HCG/Low Carb
Start Date: November 17, 2010
DD's are getting easier but still no losses ):

Well, it's been 16 days or so (I think I started Oct, 1st or a bit before...can't remember now). Anyway, still haven't lost any weight and been sticking to my DD/UP calories pretty strict. It's dissapointing but still holding hope that I'll get that whoosh you all are talking about. I am really hoping because I'd really like to just keep JUDDDING instead of doing another round of HCG. But if the weight won't budge while JUDDDING then I'll have to do a short HCG round which I'm just not looking forward to I'd much rather JUDDD even while on vacation if I was closer to my goal weight! Anyway, will cross that bridge the 1st of November.

But on a positive note, I have noticed that DD's are getting easier. I don't feel like they are as hard to get through so I must be getting used to the routine of it. So that's a good thing. Currently I'm doing 500 calories on DD's. I may try and see if I can get down to 400 without being super cranky and see if that makes a difference.
Kel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm really glad the DDs are getting easier for you. Those first ones can be rough! You might want to up your UD calories just a bit, like by 100 or 200. It could be that you're not eating enough and your body is trying to hang on for dear life. I've had that happen a couple of times and raising them a bit helped get the losses going. Just a suggestion...
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How tall are you? Do you exercise a lot?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I'm 5'5". Very little exercise. That is something I need to do even if it's just taking a walk.

The last couple UD's I didn't track calories so who knows, I actually could be going over the calorie amount. On UD's I think since I know a DD is coming I tend to go into "load" mentality. On HCG we load for 2 days on everything we can stuff in our mouths and this helps us during the first couple weeks on the VLC diet. But if I'm going over it's not by much.

So I don't know. It's discouraging especially when I come here and read about other people that have lost a considerable amount after 2 weeks. Then here I am and I got on the scale this morning and I'm actually up 1.5 pounds. Just getting over TOM though so hoping that is it, but still even with TOM I should of seen some sort of loss even if it was just a pound or two based on the losses I'm reading here that others have had in their 1st two weeks.

Uhhg!

Is there anyone that has tried JUDDD that you all have heard of that after 2 weeks they didn't lose anything? Or am I the only one?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Adi didn't lose anything right away. Now she's at goal. It seems that those who come from HCG have the hardest time and lose the least in the beginning. I honestly think JUDDD is working on repairing something inside after all those weeks of very low daily calories. I also think those coming from HCG are more impatient, just because they're used to seeing daily losses. That's just not the way JUDDD works.

I lost well in weeks one and two and then gained in week 3. I've gone on to lose over 120 pounds with JUDDD.

I also think, if you're not tracking accurately, you can't really say that it's not working. If you're not being absolutely positive of your intake, you can't know which way to tweak ( or if you even need to). You may need MORE food on UDs, or LESS, but it takes more than a couple of weeks for some people to find their sweet spots.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

No, I'm not impatient and I completely understand that with JUDDD I will not see daily losses like on HCG. I get that and understand how JUDDD is suppose to work.

Yes, I suppose I better go back to tracking on UD. But remember I only didn't track on 2 UD's and even on those 2 days I was probably pretty darn close. You do a certain diet for awhile and you start to "know" what and how much you can eat. You know what I mean?

I plan on continuing till the end of the month and will look back at my food diary and also see if I can figure out a good way to show it all to you guys. If I don't lose anything after a month then I think I'd need to tweak something pretty signifantly as I'm going by the JUDDD calculator and no loss at all would tell me that the calculator isn't real accurate for everyone.

But we'll see. I'm sticking with it till Halloween and like I said maybe JUDDD just won't work for me other than a maintenance tool. Time will tell.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #7

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I hope it didn't sound like I was being critical--totally not my intention. I think it's awesome that you're giving it the time you are. It's so hard to be patient when you're not seeing results. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get an awesome whoosh soon.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
i am just starting out so i cant say anything about the calories, but i CAN say that any exercise you can squeeze in WILL help. try to move a bit, i think you will be surprised good LUCK!!!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great post, Dawn. I completely agree.

Kel, I agree, you're doing fantastic sticking with it. Probably tracking very carefully, making sure to weigh and measure everything you eat could solve the problem. If you're guestimating at all, you could be doing yourself a disservice. I still depend heavily on my food scale and track almost everything (I don't count tea or coffee calories, or mustard or such things, but everything else, yes).
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Kel, I don't track my UD calories sometimes, and I know that I go over by hundreds of calories sometimes. I've been doing this for a year, and I still find it surprising what 1700-2000 calories looks like on paper (not much, lol). A bag of chips (small size), a handful of mini candies on someone's desk plus coffee has me at nearly 500 calories before lunch. Then, nearly anything I would buy "out" for lunch would be over 500 calories, unless I get a subway sandwich without mayo or oil for 300 something and no chips...then I've got only about 700-800 for dinner...it adds up so fast! I think it's important to track, even if you feel like you can tell how much you're eating. Granted, I am not losing quickly at all and maybe it's just some people that really can't lose a lb a week or more...

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Probably the only reason I am patient is I know I can always do a short round of HCG and get the weight off. Like I've said though I was hoping not to have to do that. While it is a disappointment that I'm not losing any weight at all. At least I am seeing that I could use this WOE as a maintenance tool after my round of HCG to get me to my goal weight. I'd like to get down to 143-ish. So I need to lose 15 lbs and I think I can do that in a short 23 day HCG round. Then hop back on JUDDD to maintain and hey maybe if I find that sweet spot then I can actually lose a few more.

Trying to stay positive here
Old 10-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Adi didn't lose anything right away. Now she's at goal. It seems that those who come from HCG have the hardest time and lose the least in the beginning. I honestly think JUDDD is working on repairing something inside after all those weeks of very low daily calories. I also think those coming from HCG are more impatient, just because they're used to seeing daily losses. That's just not the way JUDDD works.

I lost well in weeks one and two and then gained in week 3. I've gone on to lose over 120 pounds with JUDDD.

I also think, if you're not tracking accurately, you can't really say that it's not working. If you're not being absolutely positive of your intake, you can't know which way to tweak ( or if you even need to). You may need MORE food on UDs, or LESS, but it takes more than a couple of weeks for some people to find their sweet spots.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Kel... You do know that all of your weight loss from HCG wasn't "real" fat loss? You lost a bunch of water as well as some pounds of fat. I know this because I've done it myself - several times. Your water re-gain is balancing off the ADF fat loss. I would put real money on that.

TBH, I would be totally shocked that someone could come off of a 500-ish calorie/day plan and lose anything at all for quite some time on a plan that provided a BMR type calorie level like ADF does. I came off of Bernstein and ******* which are/were at about the same caloric level and maintained only at a baseline calorie level of about 1300 average cal/day (at about your current weight) - and was glad to even be able to maintain w/o regaining - and I was a regular exerciser to boot.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I posted this to your reply in the weight lost on JUDDD thread, but wanted to repost it here:

I think almost everyone who comes from HCG struggles at the beginning, but stick with it. Remind yourself that JUDDD is forever sustainable, doesn't cost anything, doesn't require a prescription and you eat what you want EOD. HCG is extreme and your body may take a little time to adjust. Just hang in there.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yep, what they said ^^ !!!! Just keep going and have faith!!!!!!!!! XO
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Jaquelinejolie,

No, it was fat. Or I was walking around with 60lbs of water weight before I lost it LOL! I went through a doctor and my BMI went down significantly so there is no way that was almost all water weight. And I wasn't losing all of that in muscle either.

Hey, I am happy that JUDDD is proving a awesome tool for maintaining. I hope that after this last round of HCG it will be my last and JUDDD will becoming my lifetime maintenance.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Just think how great JUDDD will be when you start seeing the weight loss, if you are able to keep with it without seeing any yet. I salute you. It is really hard to keep with a plan when you aren't yet seeing the results. Just imagine good stuff going on inside your cells, and hang in there!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
I've been dieting my entire life - well, since I was 12yo - so that gives me about 40 years of trying to lose weight, lol!

There have only been two successful trials for me:
1. nursing - really helps with calorie expenditure
2. calorie counting combined with adf

Seriously, I could take the average UD/DD numbers, eat this every day and gain weight or just maintain even with exercise. There is a metabolic advantage to the UD's, it's like a piston that keeps the metabolic engine revved up.

I don't know much about HCG - is it a constant fast for weeks?

I'm amazed that you've stuck with JUDDD so long with no loses to show for it, I would have been discouraged and quit.

I know it's a major pain, but sounds like tracking your calories is the next logical step. I usually curse when I take a break and get back into tracking, lol! KUTGW!!