Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
just starting out and have a question

hello! very excited to join you all coming over from LC as i seem to have stalled out. i am trying to loose baby weight (well baby is 2 years old now, but i am sticking to baby weight, gosh darn it )

read a lot of threads and have a few questions. i know the general number for DD is 500, but the calculator said i should go as low as 386. should i do the lower number for better results? also the UD is 1863. how closely do i have to be to that? the one thing i liked about LC was not having to count calories. the DD will be easy, but when i cook my own food, i am horrible at figuring out how many calories are in everything.....

do you plan days around UD and DD? i have a wedding to go to and need it to be an UD, in that case do you make it so you have two DD in a row or two UD in a row to make sure your special day is an UD (i am not explaining myself very well, does that make sense?)

anyway. looking so forward to embarking on this life style. thanks so much for your input!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
! You can start with 500 for the first 2 weeks on DDs and then try to work down to your 20% number. It is really important to count calories on this plan. I got to place where I didn't have to count UDs carefully, but I would recommend that you start by counting everything and then see where you are at after a few weeks.

There a great apps for your phone to help you track calories. A kitchen scale will help a lot when you cook.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
MM! I came over from LC after stalling out too, and I love it! Carly gave you good advice to start at 500 and lower from there. It's a bit of an adjustment, so why stress yourself out over going lower right in the beginning? Try to eat up to your UD calories - it'll keep your metabolism humming along and allow you to eat more as the process continues. Restricting below that may cause your metabolism to slow a bit and then you'll be restricting all the time.

Counting calories can be a pain, but if you choose an online calorie counter and figure out the recipes you use most often, then once you've input them, it's a piece of cake (oops, sorry!). It's also eye-opening to figure out how many calories are in some of your go-to recipes, and the amounts you're used to eating.

Good luck, keep posting, ask lots of questions! That's why we're all here!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
thank you both so much for replying! i am generally good at calorie counts, but get bogged down in the oil measuring and figuring out serving sizes per amounts. i guess i will get the hang of it! will definitely be getting an app for help.

on your DD is it better for your calories to come from one source or another ie - carbs or veggies or protein, or does it not matter? i bought some lean cuisines and have some atkins bars, but if i want to "snack" should i go for carrots or rice cakes? maybe it doesnt matter....

i plan on using my shakeology for the majority of my DD calories. hope it fills me up!

ps... is there a secret to the boiled potato? i see that come up a lot!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Carly and Carol have you covered. There are ways to manipulate your days so a special occasion can fall on an UD. It's best to try not to move days around too much, and you don't want to do 2 DDs in a row, but the odd double UD won't hurt things too much, or you could throw in a medium day to change rotations if you need to. A MD is 60% on the calculator and you'd want to do a DD/MD/UD (think small, medium, large) for the easiest transition.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
mafiamom! I love that username. Two things you asked, and you've already gotten great answers! I'll throw in my 2 cents and say, start JUDDD on the Up or Down day that will coincide with a UD on the wedding that you are attending. If it's coming up soon, it's probably too soon to be changing everything around, and it will be less stressful. As for DD calories, like Carly said, you can do 500 for two weeks to get used to the low calorie days, then do your 20% number---some people stay at 500, but you will have to see how it works for you.

As for calorie counting, I've found that I quite enjoy it. Although I've been known to fudge a little---I didn't eat that last bite of cake, so I'll deduct 50 calories. Don't do as I do! I write everything down on paper day to day, and I enjoy doing it that way. You can google anything and find the calorie counts. Use cup measures, spoon measures and a kitchen scale to get accurate counts. I use all three daily. Good luck, you're going to love it!

You'll find out what works for the most or lowest calorie buck on DDs. Some people love the shakes, but others stick with "real" food right from the beginning. You can snack on whatever you like, as long as it fits in your calories. I like to have lots to eat, so I eat celery for snacks on DDs or dill pickles...there's so much to choose from. You'll find out as you go along. Read the threads here in this forum too---"most bang for 100 calories" I think it's called, and "DD recipes".

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 10-14-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Looks like all your questions have been answered, so WELCOME and enjoy!!! I am sure you'll do fabulous!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote