Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Thursday! What's on your menu? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/814441-dd-thursday-whats-your-menu.html)

Dottie 10-10-2013 05:07 AM

DD Thursday! What's on your menu?

I'm having another DD today because I found a food item I can not keep in the house yesterday: licorice! I ate 4 servings of Darrell Lea Soft Eating Liquorice :laugh: Licorice is one of those flavors I have no self control with. I will pick up some anise or licorice tea today for the times I want it.

Making chicken broth today, I'll skim it really well and drink broth most of the day.
Supper: chicken breast and broccoli, stir fried w/garlic and ginger.

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 06:12 AM

B: Coffee, coconut cashew Quest bar (175)
L: Small Wendy's chili w/onions and TJ's habanero sauce (184)
D: I was planning zoodles w/marinara, ham, and parmesan, but we went out for Indian last night and I have quite a bit of leftover tandoori chicken, so I may have that or a combination of the two, or save the chicken for Friday's lunch. Not much of a plan. :D

Goner 10-10-2013 06:21 AM

Plan is to drink water most of the day and have one meal tonight. It's been working for me.

breakfast as usual coffee with 20 calories of half and half
dinner will be veggies, quinoa and cheese for about 300 calories

Goner 10-10-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16637674)
I'm having another DD today because I found a food item I can not keep in the house yesterday: licorice!

LOVE licorice! YUM

zipp2play 10-10-2013 06:43 AM

Licorice is something my DH can't walk away from. ME, M&M's, especially the PB kind!

Dawn, so many options!

Goner - is quinoa like rice? I have heard so much about it lately.

Here is what I have:

2 eggs 140c
tomato/cottage cheese 65c
tomato salad 100c
strawberries/cottage cheese 100c
if needed protein shake 180c

tonight crack slaw (Low cal) 200c

If I eat everything 785c, most likely, I won't drink the shake, in that case 605c

ladybarometer 10-10-2013 07:03 AM

Lots of water!
And Tuna Casserole for dinner - 1 cup = 260 calories
I think I may have some cut up tomato with it = 26
and I'm not going to eliminate the option of a possible snack later. I'm really hungry today for some reason. 110 cals

with snack 396 calories.

LiLi914 10-10-2013 07:13 AM

The office is freezing so instead of water I'm drinking tea for now.

L: Yogurt with fresh pineapples mixed in.
D: Avocado, black bean and corn salad.

I'll probably hit 350 calories or a little over.

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16637782)
Licorice is something my DH can't walk away from. ME, M&M's, especially the PB kind!

Dawn, so many options!

Goner - is quinoa like rice? I have heard so much about it lately.

Here is what I have:

2 eggs 140c
tomato/cottage cheese 65c
tomato salad 100c
strawberries/cottage cheese 100c
if needed protein shake 180c

tonight crack slaw (Low cal) 200c

If I eat everything 785c, most likely, I won't drink the shake, in that case 605c

Quinoa is a seed, not technically a grain IIRC, and is gluten free. It's really good, but some people don't like it. It's kind of nutty and reminds me a little bit of brown rice, but not so dense. You can get it almost anywhere now. I like the bowls from Fresh and Easy that you just microwave, since we all know I'm challenged in the kitchen. :laugh:

Some people make it into a sort of porridge for breakfast, sweetened and with fruit or nuts, etc. I haven't tried it that way. I like it savory, and with butter, or just on its own.

ETA: It also has quite a bit of protein!

sharkini 10-10-2013 08:04 AM

Good morning!

Target 484

8:30 pumpkin shake 50 cal.
9:30 pickle, deli turkey 35 cal.
10:30 lf hotdog in lettuce 48 cal.
11:30 celery, 1/2 hb egg 48.5 cal.
12:30 sf latta 3/4 of sm. 50 cal.
1:30 spinach/fetta 51 cal.
2:30 pickle, deli turkey 35 cal.
3:30 Dr. Zevia, cream 30 cal.
4:30 canadian bacon 40 cal.
5:30 pumpkin shake 50 cal.
6:30 lf hotdog in lettuce 48 cal.

Total calories: 485

Becky 10-10-2013 08:33 AM

B: coffee (80)
S: 2 pickles (30)
L: chicken broth plus 2 pieces toast (120)
S: greek yogurt (120)
D: cheese sandwich with mustard (135)

Brendajm 10-10-2013 09:44 AM

I am on my 2nd DD. I hope I can stick with this.. Today I am having
2 eggs whites and coffee with SF creamer 50
lunch was 5 ounces tiliapia and 5 stalks asparagus 150
snack rice cake 50
dinner will be I cup cooked cabbage with 2 ounces sausage about 200?
so maybe 450? maybe another rice cake or sf peaches if another snack needed..

Goner 10-10-2013 10:15 AM

Thanks for answering the quinoa question Dawn! If you look online you will find many recipes that incorporate quinoa - even cookies! I cook it in broth for added flavor and then stir it into other things. Yes, great for added protein!! last night I had a recipe for adding spices, eggs, tiny bit of flour and cheese and baking it in small "meatball" sized clumps - about 60 calories for each little crispy cheesy bite!

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16638099)
Thanks for answering the quinoa question Dawn! If you look online you will find many recipes that incorporate quinoa - even cookies! I cook it in broth for added flavor and then stir it into other things. Yes, great for added protein!! last night I had a recipe for adding spices, eggs, tiny bit of flour and cheese and baking it in small "meatball" sized clumps - about 60 calories for each little crispy cheesy bite!

Those sound good Goner! I didn't mean to answer a question directed at you--didn't really pay attention. :o

zipp2play 10-10-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16637851)
Quinoa is a seed, not technically a grain IIRC, and is gluten free. It's really good, but some people don't like it. It's kind of nutty and reminds me a little bit of brown rice, but not so dense. You can get it almost anywhere now. I like the bowls from Fresh and Easy that you just microwave, since we all know I'm challenged in the kitchen. :laugh:

Some people make it into a sort of porridge for breakfast, sweetened and with fruit or nuts, etc. I haven't tried it that way. I like it savory, and with butter, or just on its own.

ETA: It also has quite a bit of protein!

OH THANK YOU! I will look and see if I can find Fresh and Easy. Where do you buy it? In a regular grocery?

zipp2play 10-10-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16638099)

OH that sounds good! Did you just throw it together, meaning exact measurements aren't necessary? Do you buy your quinoa in bulk?

Low Carb Librarian 10-10-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16637674)
I'm having another DD today because I found a food item I can not keep in the house yesterday: licorice! I ate 4 servings of Darrell Lea Soft Eating Liquorice :laugh: Licorice is one of those flavors I have no self control with. I will pick up some anise or licorice tea today for the times I want it.

Making chicken broth today, I'll skim it really well and drink broth most of the day.
Supper: chicken breast and broccoli, stir fried w/garlic and ginger.

Oh! I love licorice too! I can't stop eating it when I start!

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16638225)
OH THANK YOU! I will look and see if I can find Fresh and Easy. Where do you buy it? In a regular grocery?

Fresh and Easy is a chain, not the brand. I've found regular quinoa (not the quick cook microwave stuff) at Whole Foods, Sprouts, and several "regular" supermarkets. It's with the pastas/beans/rice, etc. Whole Foods has it in both bags and in their bulk section.

Low Carb Librarian 10-10-2013 12:44 PM

Today will be a long DD for me!
I have to work until 7:00 then drive to Disneyland from the San Francisco area tonight! No sleep for me.

I will probably eat something early in the morning when we stop for a break half way there.

Today:
Almond milk latte (34) but I only really drank half of it
Pre-packaged salad (220)
Something later to use up the 100 calories left

360 target

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16638306)
Today will be a long DD for me!
I have to work until 7:00 then drive to Disneyland from the San Francisco area tonight! No sleep for me.

I will probably eat something early in the morning when we stop for a break half way there.

Today:
Almond milk latte (34) but I only really drank half of it
Pre-packaged salad (220)
Something later to use up the 100 calories left

360 target

We'll be at Disneyland on Saturday! :up: Planning to leave tomorrow night after work, but my drive's not quite as far as yours.

tobelowcarber 10-10-2013 01:42 PM

After very bad UUAD yesterday DD feels great today

B: 4 oz lamb burger
L/D: 4.35 oz baked salmon, beets soup

404 cal/10 gr carbs

Low Carb Librarian 10-10-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16638332)
We'll be at Disneyland on Saturday! :up: Planning to leave tomorrow night after work, but my drive's not quite as far as yours.

If I see you (and recognize you in person) I will say "hi."
So if some strange woman comes up to you it may be me.

I will be chasing after two boys (4&6) dressed up as Batman and Superman.
:D
Dori

Low Carb Librarian 10-10-2013 04:22 PM

I am ending up with 337 for today.

I am saving half of a lower sugar Detour bar (85) for the drive.

KeirasMom 10-10-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16638566)
If I see you (and recognize you in person) I will say "hi."
So if some strange woman comes up to you it may be me.

I will be chasing after two boys (4&6) dressed up as Batman and Superman.
:D
Dori

Awesome! We'll probably end up standing in line together at some point and not even realize it. I'll keep an eye out for Batman and Superman. Keira's 8 and will most likely be in jeans and a t-shirt, lol. DH is also hard to miss. He's 6'3" with a shaved head. :D