Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's DD Wednesday! What's on your plate? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/814356-its-dd-wednesday-whats-your-plate.html)

Dottie 10-09-2013 06:03 AM

It's DD Wednesday! What's on your plate?
 
B: coffee
D: tuna melt*; lettuce w/walden farms thousand island dressing
S: chicken breast (grilled, walden farms BBQ sauce); spinach w/laughing cow cheese

327 cals;6g fat;16g carbs; 6g fiber; 48g protein


*DD Tuna Melt
1 pouch Bumble bee tuna in water (2.5oz - 60 cals)
1 stalk celery, sliced thin (6 cals)
2 green onions, sliced thin (6 cals)
1T dijonnaise (or use fat free mayo -15 calories)
1 large tomato cut into 4 slices (25 calories)
1 kraft fat free american single (25 calories)

Preheat oven (I use a toaster oven for this)to 400f.
Mix tuna, celery, onion and dijonnaise with salt and pepper to taste.
Pat tomato slices dry with a paper towel.
Spray a small oven safe pan with cooking spray and place the tomato slices down, then split the tuna mixture evenly among them, patting the tuna down slightly.
Quarter the cheese slice and put a piece on each one, then bake for 7-10 minutes until the cheese passes for melted ( :laugh: you know fat free cheese doesn't really melt) and it's heated through.

137 calories, .8g fat, 9.2g carbs, 2.4g fiber, 18.2g protein

elphie124 10-09-2013 06:21 AM

Good morning!

I went quite a bit over my UD cals yesterday (worth it! :)) so I'm going to keep it light today, I think.

B - coffee w/ half and half - 20
L - egg whites w/ veggies, plain gr. yogurt w/ sweetener
D - going to a friend's house. I think they are planning salmon & ?

Have a great DD!

Librarygirl 10-09-2013 06:33 AM

Sounds like a great DD recipe, Dottie! I want to try it! :)

I had a large lunch on my UD yesterday and only yogurt for dinner (and wine:o), and I noticed I didn't bounce up as high as usual. Nice to know, although I doubt lunch will become my main meal.

B-coffee (60)

L-? I have some celery and a piece of bacon, I think, left over from Monday. :D

D-chicken breast (2-3 oz), cabbage, LC cheese, onion, mushrooms.

Flutter 10-09-2013 07:04 AM

It's birthday season at my house...UDs are crazy & DDs can be questionable as well. If possible, I am trying to revert back to my uber low DDs whenever I can. So far, just coffee...if the day stays sane, I'll have a skinny latte later and call it good. If not, I'll eat as sensible as possible for lunch and call it good. (I'm hoping for the former!)

I also have to bake DD's birthday cupcakes tonight. Yea, I'll need lots of luck with that. LOL

tina1973 10-09-2013 07:40 AM

B: Nada
L: Trying Wendy's chili
D: Smoothie

Total: 474/490 cal

My smoothie:
Blueberries
Scoop protein powder
Almond milk
Chia seeds

If you've never tried chia seeds, you really should. They make you feel full for a long time! They can also be used in baking, but I've never tried.

tina1973 10-09-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16636523)
It's birthday season at my house...UDs are crazy & DDs can be questionable as well. If possible, I am trying to revert back to my uber low DDs whenever I can. So far, just coffee...if the day stays sane, I'll have a skinny latte later and call it good. If not, I'll eat as sensible as possible for lunch and call it good. (I'm hoping for the former!)

I also have to bake DD's birthday cupcakes tonight. Yea, I'll need lots of luck with that. LOL

You can do it! Cupcakes are so cakey and dry. You don't want them anyway. You want health more. Remember that! ;)

My 17 year old asked me to make brownies tonight. Yeah right! That's a major weakness for me. I told her she is making them and getting them out of my sight ASAP. :)

Librarygirl 10-09-2013 11:27 AM

L- 2 slices of ham, 2 pickles (40)

Running total = 100

LoCarbGal 10-09-2013 11:31 AM

Hi fellow DDers!

B: --
L: Coffee/HWC
S: Chobani
D: 5 oz tilapia sautéed in a tiny bit of butter (w/salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dill weed), maybe some cucumber

Target: 400 or less

teeingoff17 10-09-2013 03:59 PM

Hello all!

Made it to 5 PM w/o a bite to eat!

D: Chobani apple and cinammon and Marie Callender's Pot Pie soup: ~500 cals.

A few more days of induction then up to 690 DD cals!

Flutter 10-09-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina1973 (Post 16636570)
You can do it! Cupcakes are so cakey and dry. You don't want them anyway. You want health more. Remember that! ;)

My 17 year old asked me to make brownies tonight. Yeah right! That's a major weakness for me. I told her she is making them and getting them out of my sight ASAP. :)

Yep, brownies, particularly ghiradelli ones, are very difficult for me to resist!!!

54 cupcakes made and I'm just fine. Thanks for the support! Hope you're doing ok with those darn brownies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeingoff17 (Post 16637228)
Hello all!

Made it to 5 PM w/o a bite to eat!

D: Chobani apple and cinammon and Marie Callender's Pot Pie soup: ~500 cals.

A few more days of induction then up to 690 DD cals!

Wow, almost done with 2 weeks already! Awesome!

teeingoff17 10-09-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16637239)

Wow, almost done with 2 weeks already! Awesome!

I can't believe it! This is the easiest WOE ever! Have not felt hungry post-workout any time on DDs, even after my race Saturday. And the increased DDs will coincide with my increased run lengths so this should be perfect! Thanks for all the help everybody

Librarygirl 10-09-2013 04:25 PM

Great going, Tee!!! Sounds like you are a perfect fit for JUDDD.:up:

Flutter 10-09-2013 04:54 PM

It makes me so happy when someone finds Juddd & loves it like you seem to. It certainly has been life changing for so many over here. (definitely for me!) Good for you, teeing!!!

Barbo 10-09-2013 09:32 PM

DD Wed.
 
Coffee with creamer


Subway salad. Turkey with all the veggies they have and a sprinkle of cheese.
Dressing balsamic and tiny bit of oil. It was delicious.

50 calories of deli ham.
Coffee with creamer


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 PM.