Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
dr. varady said that once you lose weight, your metabolism slows by 10-15%. so that would make it par for the course, sadly.
That has definitely not been my experience. At 5'7", I lost weight (a little more than I intended) with those numbers. I don't know what makes the difference.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/176/168; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD / >100 g protein
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
That has definitely not been my experience. At 5'7", I lost weight (a little more than I intended) with those numbers. I don't know what makes the difference.
count your lucky stars. i'm one of "those". my metabolism's never been what it was "supposed" to be, even with heavy exercise. i was fat by age 8 and obese by age 11 on. oh, well. that's why i appreciate juddd so much.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 10-11-2013 at 07:29 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I'm still trying to find my maintenance sweet spot and I'm pushing the boundaries, hoping to get to where you are Laurie. I'd love to be able to have 600 calorie DDs and pretty well free UDs, or at least upwards of 2000 calories. My problem right now is that when I do low DDs, my Raynaud's flares pretty badly and I get ulcerated chilblains. I like low DDs, but they're not being too friendly right now!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I lost weight eating 500/2000 or more but I can't eat more than 1400 per day and maintain. BUT I can eat 3000 calories EOD as long as my DD is really low and maintain so that is close.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Adi, I think we've had similar experiences all along. Thank God for JUDDD!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I've hit maintenance as well and I know IF or JUDDD may be the key for me but again my issue are UD's where I'm scared of awakening the binge monster as I did last time. However I was trying to keep my DD's very low and I think that could have contributed. I was thinking of raising the DD's to counteract this but it doesn't seem as if this works for most JUDDDers or I may be wrong. I've also splurged and bought myself a super dooper smoothie maker so this time I can make DD's a healthy green shake day using protein powders/water/spinach/berries/supplements and think of it as a healthy day to lessen any mind deprivation issues.

Redhead you have menopause middle despite everything : oh my goodness is there for me to look forward to? Your posts have always inspired me because maintenance is skeery.

On the exercise issue I threw in my gym membership. I couldn't stand it. Drive to the gym, get on the treadmill/bike/epi for an hour staring at hideous music videos. I now walk, hike and cycle each day out in the fresh air and am loving it. I have also acquired an addiction to cycling. I've found some beautiful off road tracks and can just pedal and pedal. It's invigorating, really pumps up my leg muscles and is virtually injury-free.

I am just busting for Dr J's new book to see if he has anything further to add re maintenance.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post

Redhead you have menopause middle despite everything : oh my goodness is there for me to look forward to? Your posts have always inspired me because maintenance is skeery!
Well, my middle has a bit of pooch and a small muffin top. I find it interesting that my shape has changed in my middle years. I'm a pear, and before I had kids, I had a slim waist and big bottom and thighs. Then I got big all over for a number of years. By the time I lost a lot of weight, I was in menopause and found that I can't get rid of that roll. I've weighed about ten pounds less a couple of times, and it still doesn't really go away. I do think a little of it is loose skin. I'm a bit saggy everywhere, lol. I just have to be careful to choose clothes that skim that area, rather than hug it.

Sorry to go on and on. I didn't mean to threadjack Adi's thread. I'm just excited that there are other people having this extraordinary experience along with me.:-)
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
Old 10-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I lost weight eating 500/2000 or more but I can't eat more than 1400 per day and maintain. BUT I can eat 3000 calories EOD as long as my DD is really low and maintain so that is close.
that is so interesting! there is something magical about JUDDD, aka EOD. it's certainly not magic, but i wonder what the scientific "why" behind this phenomenon is.

during plateau times of JUDDD, i tried i lot of experiments, including eating the average of what JUDDD cycles gave me, and i didn't lose weight either. i've just assumed that it's the upswing/downswing that tricks the body, somehow.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #39

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yup....

And Adi, I'm delighted it's working well for you,
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Adi, what a brave thing to do! Most people wouldn't have dared to do the full fortnight while their weight crept up. What a testimony to your faith in JUDDD's ability to sort things out if your experiment hadn't worked.

However, I'm glad it did and you've found a great way to maintain!

Interesting about the fading-out of breakfast. I read recently that only the leisured upper classes used to start the day with breakfast. The workers rose early and worked on the land till about 11am, then broke their fast. Nowadays, knowing how metabolism works, this makes sense, as it facilitates the most efficient use of the food consumed the previous day.

As Laurie notes, this WOE must change our metabolism. Pre-JUDDD, I'd never have dreamed I could go through the day quite comfortably without eating!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Adi, what a brave thing to do! Most people wouldn't have dared to do the full fortnight while their weight crept up. What a testimony to your faith in JUDDD's ability to sort things out if your experiment hadn't worked.

However, I'm glad it did and you've found a great way to maintain!

Interesting about the fading-out of breakfast. I read recently that only the leisured upper classes used to start the day with breakfast. The workers rose early and worked on the land till about 11am, then broke their fast. Nowadays, knowing how metabolism works, this makes sense, as it facilitates the most efficient use of the food consumed the previous day.

As Laurie notes, this WOE must change our metabolism. Pre-JUDDD, I'd never have dreamed I could go through the day quite comfortably without eating!
I so agree. I have ALWAYS bought into the breakfast is a necessity. I am so much more focused now that I drink a cup of coffee with HWC and then off to do outside chores, never even thinking about food.

Now a new wrinkle. Yesterday should have been my second UD in a row but I was super busy at work and got out of my last meeting at 4:30 after having nothing but water since my morning coffee with HWC at 6am. So I decided to make it a DD and had a cup of homemade veggie soup when I got home. So my 2:1 plan can easily change rotations if needed too. Not that I needed to change, I just did not feel like I needed to eat yesterday.

Plus I have quit Diet Coke. Again. It just seemed like the thing to do. We ran out and I told DH not to buy anymore since he goes to town everyday to school. I think there are two left in the beverage frig but I don't even think about them or want one. I still use AS in my coffee but not aspartame so hoping I can stay off of them forever. Water with salt in it is starting to taste really good to me.
I LOVE JUDDD and what it has done for me and continues to do. I am sad when I look around me and see so many people that would benefit from the plan. Everyone wants to lose weight but many are not willing to make any kind of sacrifice to do so. As soon as I say I restrict calories every other day they tune out.
Now DH has it down. He brought me a pint of ice cream one night this week and it was a DD. He said I bought you some ice cream but you can put it in the freezer for tomorrow. I don't even know how he knew it was a DD for me since I get up and cook breakfast for him and the dog most mornings and just have coffee.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 10-17-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 10-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #42

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
I am sad when I look around me and see so many people that would benefit from the plan. Everyone wants to lose weight but many are not willing to make any kind of sacrifice to do so. As soon as I say I restrict calories every other day they tune out.
This! So many people are so interested in what I've been doing to lose this much weight. But I can see their eyes go flat when I tell them. They don't think they could do it. I didn't think so either, but I'm so glad I had the guts to at least try it. I'm so so so happy with the way I'm eating now, and with the holidays coming up, even more so. If they would just give it a try, they might realize how really truly do-able this WOE is.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

I have even had the response, " Well I hope you have really good vitamins." How many nutrients are in Cheetos, cokes, doughnuts, candy, pop tarts, popcorn and so on which is what many of them are eating all throughout the day. At least where I am working they are. I have just learned to keep my mouth shut but it still makes me sad. JUDDD is so easy.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #44

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So true, if only people realised how easy it to reduce calories, and how well they will feel when they get used to it.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Adi!

When you have time, how about an update!

Thank You Much!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Still hanging in there. I still have to put my days on the calendar or I forget what I am supposed to be doing. Sometimes I will do EOD if I am not hungry on an UD. But never more than 2 UD's in a row,
Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

I guess I jinxed myself with my last post as I have bounced up 3 pounds this week. Wonder if re-discovering peanut butter had anything to do with that? Anyway I am back to EOD until I am back to 139. I was 139.8 this morning after a DD so I am getting close. LOVE JUDDD and how it can be twisted around to work for everyone. I love maintenance and the fact that I can change my rotations with 2 UD's if I feel I need to. I have much better luck with 2 UD's than a MD,UD rotation. MD's mess me up totally. DD's are still easy and I am finding I am doing more and more complete fasts after my morning coffee with HWC. If I can make it until 4pm I am home free on those days.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
I guess I jinxed myself with my last post as I have bounced up 3 pounds this week. Wonder if re-discovering peanut butter had anything to do with that? Anyway I am back to EOD until I am back to 139. I was 139.8 this morning after a DD so I am getting close. LOVE JUDDD and how it can be twisted around to work for everyone. I love maintenance and the fact that I can change my rotations with 2 UD's if I feel I need to. I have much better luck with 2 UD's than a MD,UD rotation. MD's mess me up totally. DD's are still easy and I am finding I am doing more and more complete fasts after my morning coffee with HWC. If I can make it until 4pm I am home free on those days.
I completely agree with everything you posted, Adi! I loathe MDs and will not do them...much rather do 2 UDs in a row. I am also in the clear on DDs if I can make it through 4pm with coffee and maybe some creamer.

PS: those 3# will be gone lickity split! I'm still up 3# from my 5# indulgence gain last weekend. Oh well...it'll come off soon enough! Love my EOD rotations!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #49

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Another MD-hater checking in! I don't know why either. I just hate 'em.

I think it's great, Adi, that you can just tweak and adjust and you know those extras will come right off. I think that will be key for me once I hit maintenance. Keeping a close eye on my weight and taking corrective action as soon as needed.

I'm in awe of you guys just having your coffee in the morning and nothing else. I can go until dinner, even a late dinner, but then I want something.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm a hater od MDs too! Just can't stand them.
I can go all day with nothing but some morning coffee, but I need a bedtime snack. I just can't sleep if my stomach is growling.

I would love to be one of those people who, if I pass 4pm, is in the clear. Major prps to those who can do this
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I think the (completely justifiable) hatred of Medium Days comes because they are too much like those low-calorie-all-the-time diets, and remind our bodies of DEPRIVATION, not just ABSTINENCE.

I've been thinking of you lately, Adi, as I've been making some extra trips through Central Texas. I pass a couple of goat farms on my route, so that always brings you to mind. I love seeing goats!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I think the (completely justifiable) hatred of Medium Days comes because they are too much like those low-calorie-all-the-time diets, and remind our bodies of DEPRIVATION, not just ABSTINENCE.

I've been thinking of you lately, Adi, as I've been making some extra trips through Central Texas. I pass a couple of goat farms on my route, so that always brings you to mind. I love seeing goats!
The goats can be quite entertaining at times too. It is breeding season here so keeping everyone where they are supposed to be is interesting. I still have two babies that were born in the summer on milk and I will have new babies in January. Had not intended to milk year round.

Well I am back to 139 after an UD so all is well. I am thinking about losing a few more pounds to go into the Holiday season with backup for those special occasions.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
I love hearing your updates - and how you keep on top of your eating plan to spell success! Thanks for sharing.

I don't hate MDs - in fact do them a few times a month. It's great that JUDDD tweaks work for each in their own way!

Losing a few pounds BEFORE the holidays sounds very doable and like a VERY good idea! Good Luck!!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I love hearing your updates - and how you keep on top of your eating plan to spell success! Thanks for sharing.
me too!

i personally think there really should be a JUDDD maintenance sticky post.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 11-06-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
me too!

i personally think there really should be a JUDDD maintenance sticky post.
Here is a link to a maintenance thread.
Hey sweet fellow maintainers......
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Another MD-hater checking in! I don't know why either. I just hate 'em.

I think it's great, Adi, that you can just tweak and adjust and you know those extras will come right off. I think that will be key for me once I hit maintenance. Keeping a close eye on my weight and taking corrective action as soon as needed.

I'm in awe of you guys just having your coffee in the morning and nothing else. I can go until dinner, even a late dinner, but then I want something.
I cannot do "scheduled" MDs, but I've had many a DD that turned into a MD.

I, too, look forward to evening meals on DDs...even if I fast all day long.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote