Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Never thought I'd say this but....... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/814324-never-thought-id-say-but.html)

Becky 10-08-2013 06:09 PM

Never thought I'd say this but.......

I'm liking DDs much better than UDs! On my last sucessful JUDDD attempt I lost 20 lbs but Down days were pretty much killer the whole time, that and lack of willpower caused me to quit and gain it all back. If the down days stay as easy as they have been this time I can see a very sucessful outcome. Up days are now my issue, I've gone over my 1700 by up to 300 calories almost every UD!! :o gotta squelch that issue...

Carly 10-08-2013 06:16 PM

You can do it! However, if DDs continue to be super easy have only 100 calories on DD and don't worry about the extra 300 on UD.

Melony Geary 10-08-2013 06:22 PM

I am new to this. Do you mind if I ask what JUDDD is?

Becky 10-08-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melony Geary (Post 16635972)
I am new to this. Do you mind if I ask what JUDDD is?

The stickie a few posts up from this one entitled: "What is JUDDD come and see" or something to that effect will get you started. It is a good idea to invest in a copy of Alternate Day Eating, (amazon has it as may your local library) it is a great book all about JUDDD. :up:

Carly 10-08-2013 06:37 PM

Google Dr. Johnson's up day down day diet or the alternate day diet to find his website and calculate your UD and DD calories.

Barbo 10-08-2013 09:12 PM

Carly said it

Get online and read and get your numbers for UP and DD.
You will get lots of understanding by doing that and people on this
board who are veterans will help you. I am biding my time for
my book to arrive....

:newbie:

Kissa 10-09-2013 01:54 AM

I love DDs too, they feel so healing. And I love the energy I get too.

Librarygirl 10-09-2013 06:40 AM

I love DDs as well. :) It took me longer to get there than some of the JB's, but I always loved the DD "high". ;) Now, I just enjoy the peace.

Flutter 10-09-2013 07:01 AM

I have a love/hate thing with DDs. I'm moody, what can I say? ;) I am so happy to hear that DDs are going well for you & you are enjoying the plan this time!!! Woohooo!!!!

oceania 10-09-2013 10:09 AM

I know exactly what you mean! I have no problems with DD but self-control is for me hard on UD. I've been on the diet for a little over 2 weeks and yesterday was the first time I didn't over eat on UD - in fact I was significantly lower than I was supposed to be (not on purpose).

I think part of the reason was I was coming off a restrictive diet and went nuts but I was also PMSing.

So as a result I decided to take a new approach to UD yesterday - I treated it like a DD until the evening (when I do most of my "munching) that way I can eat what I want but still be within however I didn't have the same cravings or urges so I didn't end up eating that much so maybe I can use this approach a week before my TOM when I'm irrational nutcase.

I'm just ecstatic that I had a UD and was able to practice self-control. Anyways thought I'd let you know that I went through something similar but was eating 1000 above - and maybe this approach may help you.