Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Tuesday UD! What's on your menu? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/814274-tuesday-ud-whats-your-menu.html)

Dottie 10-08-2013 06:59 AM

Tuesday UD! What's on your menu?

B: coffee w/coconut milk (don't know why, I opened the pantry and it looked good)
D: leftover steak, chopped and quickly heated with some onions in low-carb tortillas topped w/sour cream, lettuce, avocado and salsa
S: chicken breast topped with pesto; zucchini (grated, squeezed dry then mixed with parmesan cheese and a little half and half and baked)

About 1200 calories, so I may have a latte or macadamias or something to fill out some calories

elphie124 10-08-2013 08:00 AM

I don't really have much of a plan today. Breakfast is done but the rest of the day is up in the air.

B - joseph's pita w/ brie, deli turkey, apple butter; iced coffee w/ half n half & then hot coffee w/ half n half - 307

I brought a bunch of random stuff to work and will figure out my eats later. I brought:
- plain greek yogurt (& PB2)
- eggs
- veggies
- dates that I need to use up
- barley
- 1 piece of whole grain bread

LOL. My eats will be weird today.

Dinner is undecided but I *think/hope* we will be going out to celebrate my new (to me) car. Still waiting to hear if it will be ready today. :)

Librarygirl 10-08-2013 08:27 AM

Witwoooooo UP DAY!!!:cool:

B-coffee w/light cream - 50
homemade pumpkin smoothie:yummy: OMG it was soooo delicious (300)

L-Luncheon at work--smorgasbord:p ?

D-chicken and rice ?

LoCarbGal 10-08-2013 10:04 AM

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Not sure
D: Cocktail, pan fried thin steak, fried eggs, roasted brussel sprouts
D: PB or Milky Way Simply Caramel

Target: 1900 or just under

LoCarbGal 10-08-2013 10:43 AM

Cindy, how did you make your pumpkin smoothie? It sounds so good!

tina1973 10-08-2013 10:57 AM

I'm not at all hungry today.

B: cinnamon toast crunch cereal w/2% milk
L: LC breakfast drink
D: ??

Target: 2450cal

Librarygirl 10-08-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16635338)
Cindy, how did you make your pumpkin smoothie? It sounds so good!

Carol, it was really, really good! I had some pumpkin mixed with HWC and pumpkin spice already frozen (I don't know where I got the recipe), and I also froze some more last night...about 2/3 of a can altogether, 1 c. milk, 2 T splenda/brown sugar, 1 t vanilla, blended. I put the frozen pumpkin in the microwave for about 1 min. to soften slightly, then just dumped it in the blender. The splenda/brown sugar really made the difference (and the vanilla). I used whole milk, but you could cut calories by using almond or coconut milk.

We just had our luncheon and I figured that I ate about 2 months worth of DD calories. :D :D :D

elphie124 10-08-2013 11:55 AM

Wow! That sounds super delicious!!!

Librarygirl 10-08-2013 12:00 PM

Oh and I put a dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon. :)

Barbo 10-08-2013 05:37 PM

Anther UPP day yay

Breakfast was one egg scrambled in 1 tsp. butter with 1 oz. of thinly
sliced ham. One of our local markets now carries Smithfield "Off the Bone"
ham and you can have it sliced to your liking. It's good without being to sweet
or too salty and is not deli-mea.t Very good!
2 coffee with HWC and one with SF creamer.

We are eating out at our favorite Mexican place.
I will get one pork carnitas, they are packed with loads of meat
and wrapped in two 6" corn tortillas. Salad with guacamole.
Diet soda.

Tonight late: Relaxation tea with 1 tbs. cream and ss.

Hope everyone has a great day and for me, a better DD tomorrow.
I've got everything now to make that cabbage/sweet/sour soup.

Librarygirl 10-08-2013 06:08 PM

I had a large meal at lunch, as stated, so I haven't eaten anything tonight. I am having a glass of wine though. ;) I don't know if I will get hungry before bed or not, but so far I am still satisfied. The good thing about it is that I wasn't snacking all day, while ostensibly eating a "light" lunch. I'm interested to see how it affects the scale, with my main meal being lunch.

tina1973 10-08-2013 08:34 PM

I hope it's okay to be under calories, I just was not hungry all day!

I got in 2114 of 2450 calories. Should that be okay or should I work harder at getting closer to my target?

LoCarbGal 10-08-2013 11:41 PM

Tina, not hitting your UD calories once in awhile won't hurt, but you'll want to get close to your number most UDs. It really is what makes the magic happen!

Librarygirl 10-09-2013 05:43 AM

That's pretty close, Tina. I doubt a few hundred under will make any difference, whereas a few hundred over every UD can make a difference, as I've learned. ;)

Dottie 10-09-2013 07:05 AM

That smoothie sounds great:)
I decided to try the "Pumpkin spice coffee" that mcdonalds has and it was not good. Maybe because I haven't had sugar based coffee drinks in so long, but it was sickeningly sweet and not worth the calories or carbs :mad: