Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My first week on JUDDD.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/814166-my-first-week-juddd.html)

shayelle 10-07-2013 06:15 AM

My first week on JUDDD....
 
The good news....down 3lbs

Not that there is bad news, but to be honest I did not do the program properly at ALL. I don't think I am ready for JUDDD yet. I really like the concept though. I have about 13 more pounds to lose and until those are gone, I just can't seem to want or need to eat as many calories as I have to on JUDDD UD's. I ate between 1100 and 1300 on UD's and between 400 and 550 on DD's. So, not a good balance at all. And I'm sure not healthy at all. Every UD I kept telling myself "today I'll do better". I never did. I did feel hungry on some DD's but I was usually so busy I easily forgot about it.

I think because what I have been doing has been working, I just don't want to mess around with it when I am so close to the end. Once the last 13 lb's are gone though I will be back because I think JUDDD will be great for maintenance (and maybe taking off 5 extra lb's!). I love the concept and I know I can and will want to eat those 1741 calories again, just not right now.

In the meantime, I think I will get the book and really learn about it so I am better prepared and am ready to go in 6 weeks or so.

Thanks for all the tips last week!

Kel1 10-07-2013 07:16 AM

Great job on the 3lbs. I'm done with my first week and no losses at all :sad: I'm going to give it more time and see.

I've been able to get in my UD calories so that's not been a problem. Though I'm not enjoying DD's and struggle a bit with feeling irritable. I think this diet would be great for me for maintenance (once I can up the DD calories a bit) but not real confident just yet that I'll actually lose weight on it.

pooticus 10-07-2013 03:12 PM

Great job!

BTW, JUDDD is pretty flexible. Dr J. says that you don't have to eat all your UD calories, that that computation is there mainly to ascertain your DD calories at the various % after the 2 week induction. I've been doing this around 3 1/2 years give or take (on and off for cancer surgeries and radiation etc)...

I keep an average 500/1400 cal rotation in general. The UDs do fluctuate between probably 1100 and 1500-1600 on a really UUAD (Up Up and Away Day), but some days I struggle to even get in 1100-1200.

shayelle 10-07-2013 06:09 PM

Hmmm...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 16634348)
Great job!

BTW, JUDDD is pretty flexible. Dr J. says that you don't have to eat all your UD calories, that that computation is there mainly to ascertain your DD calories at the various % after the 2 week induction. I've been doing this around 3 1/2 years give or take (on and off for cancer surgeries and radiation etc)...

I keep an average 500/1400 cal rotation in general. The UDs do fluctuate between probably 1100 and 1500-1600 on a really UUAD (Up Up and Away Day), but some days I struggle to even get in 1100-1200.

That is interesting. I think I can do 500/1200-1400 calories. Maybe I will stick with it a bit longer. Thanks for the info! Really helpful :)

Hope your health is better!

Low Carb Librarian 10-07-2013 06:11 PM

Your UUAD is under 1600?
My UD allowance is 1798... am I doing something wrong?
Did I mess up already?

Carly 10-07-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16634584)
Your UUAD is under 1600?
My UD allowance is 1798... am I doing something wrong?
Did I mess up already?

No you didn't mess up. 1400/500 are not recommended numbers for JUDDD but we all have to do what we have to do. JUDDD is about the swing of high and low days. I recommend pushing those UD calories as high as you can and still lose. You want to reach goal and not be restricted to 1000 calories on UDs.

Barbo 10-07-2013 10:56 PM

Keep on going because
 
it takes time to adjust to this program. I started sometime in August
and still don't have the proper adjustment from high to low.
Not giving up though.:shake:

KeirasMom 10-08-2013 05:56 AM

I really caution against lowering your UD calories unless you've had a full month with no scale losses or loss of inches. Many of us have done this and stopped losing, finding we do, in fact, NEED to eat right up to the calories Dr. Johnson's calculator gives for UDs. Obviously, we are all different, and YMMV, and there are people who really do need to eat less, (Leo41 and Pooti come to mind, and they have valid reasons for lowering) but many of us just "think" our metabolism is shot and we have to further restrict, when we really don't. Please don't rush to lower those UD calories unless you really, really need to.

LoCarbGal 10-08-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16635000)
I really caution against lowering your UD calories unless you've had a full month with no scale losses or loss of inches. Many of us have done this and stopped losing, finding we do, in fact, NEED to eat right up to the calories Dr. Johnson's calculator gives for UDs. Obviously, we are all different, and YMMV, and there are people who really do need to eat less, (Leo41 and Pooti come to mind, and they have valid reasons for lowering) but many of us just "think" our metabolism is shot and we have to further restrict, when we really don't. Please don't rush to lower those UD calories unless you really, really need to.

:goodpost: I agree wholeheartedly with Dawn. It does take a while to find your "sweet spot" but tweaking and changing too often means you'll never really find out where that is. Hold tight, trust JUDDD, and see what happens. I often ask myself when looking at my own situation, "What would you tell a friend/other JB if this was happening to her?" It forces me to see it a little more objectively.

Librarygirl 10-08-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayelle (Post 16634580)
That is interesting. I think I can do 500/1200-1400 calories. Maybe I will stick with it a bit longer. Thanks for the info! Really helpful :)

Hope your health is better!

You will naturally want to eat more on UDs after about 4-6 weeks, if not sooner, so in my opinion, it is ok to go a little below your numbers at first, if you do so naturally. I never had a problem getting up to mine!

Becky 10-08-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16635775)
I never had a problem getting up to mine!

Nor have I!!! :o


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 AM.