Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Monday menus! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/814158-dd-monday-menus.html)

Dottie 10-07-2013 04:22 AM

DD Monday menus!

Good morning!
First cool day here, so I'm going to make some soup.
Green onions, celery, carrots(just a couple of baby carrots), zucchini, a small diced tomato and I can't decide on chicken or tilapia for the protein.
Aiming for about 300 calories of soup (6oz protein + the veggies).

elphie124 10-07-2013 09:40 AM

Good morning! It's a nice cool day here too. I'm loving it!

pre-workout - apple
B - coffee w/ half n half, 4 egg whites w/ onion, kale, mushrooms
L - plain greek yogurt w/ PB2, sweetener & sliced almonds
D - saving most of my cals for a turkey/apple butter/brie panini, some sort of veggie too

Doing maintenance., so aiming for 1200

tina1973 10-07-2013 11:39 AM

First DD, it's not as easy as I thought. I wasn't hungry all morning so that's not an issue. The issue is figuring out what to eat that's going to fill me up and low in calories. I'm also trying to do low carb. I may forget about low carb until I get into the swing of things. I don't know yet.

So far today I've had
B: plain hot tea w/1 sweetener
L: 3 strips of bacon

Still trying to figure out dinner. I do have a lean cuisine that's 230 cals, so can do that if I can't think of anything else. I'm browsing the recipe threads.

Target is 490.

KeirasMom 10-07-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina1973 (Post 16633997)
First DD, it's not as easy as I thought. I wasn't hungry all morning so that's not an issue. The issue is figuring out what to eat that's going to fill me up and low in calories. I'm also trying to do low carb. I may forget about low carb until I get into the swing of things. I don't know yet.

So far today I've had

Still trying to figure out dinner. I do have a lean cuisine that's 230 cals, so can do that if I can't think of anything else. I'm browsing the recipe threads.

Target is 490.

After a few DDs, you'll figure out what works best for you. Some do really well with mainly protein, others with mainly fat, and others with bulk. I prefer a combination of bulk and protein. (Small Wendy's chili is only 180 calories and very satisfying. A whole cucumber and tomato with a 70 calorie pack of tuna and some vinegar is only around 150 calories and fills a big plate. Just a couple of examples.)

Good luck!

LoCarbGal 10-07-2013 12:12 PM

I'm allowing myself a higher DD today - I just feel the need. Shooting for 500 calories but will allow myself 600 if I need it.

B: Iced tea
L: Coffee/HWC, maybe a chobani
D: Tilapia sautéed in a little butter

teeingoff17 10-07-2013 03:17 PM

Beautiful day here in Wisconsin! Today marks 1 week down with JUDDD and my 4th DD. Sticking w/ induction levels (500 calories) for one more week before moving up into the 600s next week and beyond.

B/L/D: French Toast Bagel w/ 1 oz cream cheese + quest bar

Total: 540 calories

Finished eating this at 4:00 PM, started at 7:00 AM.

Coffee and lots of water thrown in there as well.

tina1973 10-07-2013 03:19 PM

I'm going to pick up some of those tuna packs. I found a few things browsing the daily DD and recipe threads I want to pick up too. All of those threads are helping so much!

So far today I've had
D: protein shake (whey protein powder, almond milk, blueberries and chia seeds)
Total: 444/490cal.

I think I did good. I was going to have a more substantial dinner, but I'm feeling :sick: I don't know if I'm getting a bug or this is normal.

soon 10-07-2013 04:54 PM

2 strips turkey bacon
cole slaw
tilapia and broccoli

Barbo 10-07-2013 06:40 PM

DD Over...

Came in at 700.

Got cabbage and going to have some filling soup standing by
Just ate too much today. Thanks for the recipes. Soup is filling
when done right. I have plenty home made broth in freezer and
lots of LC veggies here, even a bit of burger. Sweet and Sour Cabbage
soup sounds good. Wonder if I can make it do-able for DD?
If it's good I'll share.

Dottie 10-08-2013 06:53 AM

Barbo I'll join you on the penalty bench :laugh:
I went over a little, not much, but I was craving protein so I had a small steak for supper.

LoCarbGal 10-08-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16634069)
I'm allowing myself a higher DD today - I just feel the need. Shooting for 500 calories but will allow myself 600 if I need it.

B: Iced tea
L: Coffee/HWC, maybe a chobani
D: Tilapia sautéed in a little butter

I didn't wind up needing the extra calories after all. Wound up at 399.