Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tina1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,709
Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Getting Started w/JUDDD

Hi all.

I went to Johnson's page and calculated my calories. It says 2450 for UD and 490 for DD. I can figure out the DD pretty well, but what the heck am I going to eat on UD to get that many calories? I mean, do you really eat anything you want and still lose? I just don't see how that's possible! My mind is telling me to still eat LC and be mindful, but that's not going to get me that high, that I can see anyway.

Can you maybe share an example of an UD and a DD for you? Maybe that would help me see it.

Also, I'd obviously like the support of the board and it seems most of you are on an DD today, is that correct? I'm just going by the number of you on the UD Saturday thread. The thing is we are going to the movies today and it'd be a perfect opportunity for an UD. Haha.

Is there anything else I should know before starting? I have about 150 pounds to lose and am currently doing LC, but only for a few days. The problem I have is that I always start out strong and emotions get the best of me and I cheat. I am hoping JUDDD will help with that rollercoaster, since it really IS a rollercoaster WOE.
__________________
~~Tina ~~

"Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment"

Last edited by tina1973; 10-06-2013 at 08:39 AM..
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,036
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Tina!! 2450 is really not that many calories, once you start eating. You can do LC or any way you prefer to eat, as long as you stick to your calories. Eating carbs will get to your target in no time, as I know personally, but it's not that hard to get there with LC. For example, steak with mushrooms cooked in butter (700-1000?), eggs (2) and bacon, fried (400?), cauliflower w/cream and cheese (mock mac&cheese)--gotta be around 300 a serving...that's just two meals. Snacks of almonds or any nuts are going to be around 200-300, lunch of fried chicken...you've done it without even figuring in LC cheesecake or dessert--and don't forget Heavy Whipping Cream in coffee -50 calories a T--easy for me to do 300 calories w/coffee alone. Also, coconut oil and butter will add good fat calories to your cooking.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing you posting!
__________________


"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."


"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 10-06-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,966
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Yes, you really can lose eating whatever you want as long as you stick to your calories. I started with numbers close to yours and lost really well. Now that I'm much smaller, I don't get as many calories to play with, but it's still plenty. We're all on different schedules, so it doesn't really matter which day today is. I'm doing something a little different now in maintenance and I have set days, so every other week, I'll be on the same UD/DD schedule as you are.

Enjoy!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,734
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
! You can eat whatever you wish on juddd as long as it fits in your calories, but LC is calorie dense. 4oz of avocado is 180 calories and I know I could eat 8oz easily. Pour a tablespoon or 2 of full fat ranch on that avocado and you can add another 100 calories. Oh and cheese... don't get me started. I can do serious calorie damage with cheese.

I'm in maintenance and have DD every Monday and Wednesday so I'm on everyone's schedule every other week.

I hope you will love juddd as much as I do!
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Elvisfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 776
Gallery: Elvisfan
Hi Tina -

I'm still very (very) new to JUDDD so I have a limited amount of info to share but I did want to say welcome

In the very short amount of time I've been doing this I have such hope that this will be what breaks my cycle of low-carbing, feeling great, eating more carbs and backsliding. The emotional wear and tear of always feeling like I'm failing really wore me down. But with JUDDD I just have to get through one day at a time and it's easier than I thought.

What surprised me most of all was that on my UDs I haven't gone wild or gone way overboard like I used to when I cheated on low carb. There seems to be some balance going on in my mind and - wow - this I need as much as the physical weight loss. All to say, trying it might really surprise you in a good way

Caroline
__________________
Judd Start Date: 9/27/13

260 - 256.6 - 254.8
Elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
the condiment queen
 
pooticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 21,435
Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hi Tina,

I LC while JUDDDing. In general, I up my protein from 40-55 on DDs, to about 65-75 on UDs. I keep my carbs the same from DD to UD (generally a range of 30-60g net)--they do fluctuate depending on what I'm eating. And then I fill up the rest with great fats.

It honestly doesn't take much fat to hit your numbers as so many have suggested. Avocado, nuts, nut butters, eggs, cheese, olives are all nutrient and calorie dense foods that add great fat, calories and carbs.

I actually am one that the upper limits of the calculator don't work. I stall out or even gain by eating my total UD calories. So just start off eating them and keep your eye out. If you feel like you gain and lose the same pounds over and over, then you may have to eat less on UDs.

I presently eat 500cal DDs and 1400cal UDs.

Hope that helps!
__________________

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tina1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,709
Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Thanks for all the replies. I'm so happy to see this is pretty active board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Tina!! 2450 is really not that many calories, once you start eating. You can do LC or any way you prefer to eat, as long as you stick to your calories. Eating carbs will get to your target in no time, as I know personally, but it's not that hard to get there with LC. For example, steak with mushrooms cooked in butter (700-1000?), eggs (2) and bacon, fried (400?), cauliflower w/cream and cheese (mock mac&cheese)--gotta be around 300 a serving...that's just two meals. Snacks of almonds or any nuts are going to be around 200-300, lunch of fried chicken...you've done it without even figuring in LC cheesecake or dessert--and don't forget Heavy Whipping Cream in coffee -50 calories a T--easy for me to do 300 calories w/coffee alone. Also, coconut oil and butter will add good fat calories to your cooking.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing you posting!
I'm finding it is indeed true that it's not hard to get the calories. Haha. Although I did so today with a bit more junk than I'd like, but it's a learning process. I'm sure I'll figure it all out soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Yes, you really can lose eating whatever you want as long as you stick to your calories. I started with numbers close to yours and lost really well. Now that I'm much smaller, I don't get as many calories to play with, but it's still plenty. We're all on different schedules, so it doesn't really matter which day today is. I'm doing something a little different now in maintenance and I have set days, so every other week, I'll be on the same UD/DD schedule as you are.

Enjoy!
I look at you and it's so hard to imagine you being almost my size! Awesome! I also have a wacky thyroid, I'm pretty sure hashi's but my Dr is a pain about it. He likes to 'watch the numbers and see'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
! You can eat whatever you wish on juddd as long as it fits in your calories, but LC is calorie dense. 4oz of avocado is 180 calories and I know I could eat 8oz easily. Pour a tablespoon or 2 of full fat ranch on that avocado and you can add another 100 calories. Oh and cheese... don't get me started. I can do serious calorie damage with cheese.

I'm in maintenance and have DD every Monday and Wednesday so I'm on everyone's schedule every other week.

I hope you will love juddd as much as I do!
I'm realizing it actually adds up quicker with LC and it keeps me fuller, so I think I'll do well and be able to easily combine JUDDD w/LC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
Hi Tina -

I'm still very (very) new to JUDDD so I have a limited amount of info to share but I did want to say welcome

In the very short amount of time I've been doing this I have such hope that this will be what breaks my cycle of low-carbing, feeling great, eating more carbs and backsliding. The emotional wear and tear of always feeling like I'm failing really wore me down. But with JUDDD I just have to get through one day at a time and it's easier than I thought.

What surprised me most of all was that on my UDs I haven't gone wild or gone way overboard like I used to when I cheated on low carb. There seems to be some balance going on in my mind and - wow - this I need as much as the physical weight loss. All to say, trying it might really surprise you in a good way

Caroline
It sounds like you're doing JUDDD for exactly the same reasons I am. I hope it works as well for me as it is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Hi Tina,

I LC while JUDDDing. In general, I up my protein from 40-55 on DDs, to about 65-75 on UDs. I keep my carbs the same from DD to UD (generally a range of 30-60g net)--they do fluctuate depending on what I'm eating. And then I fill up the rest with great fats.

It honestly doesn't take much fat to hit your numbers as so many have suggested. Avocado, nuts, nut butters, eggs, cheese, olives are all nutrient and calorie dense foods that add great fat, calories and carbs.

I actually am one that the upper limits of the calculator don't work. I stall out or even gain by eating my total UD calories. So just start off eating them and keep your eye out. If you feel like you gain and lose the same pounds over and over, then you may have to eat less on UDs.

I presently eat 500cal DDs and 1400cal UDs.

Hope that helps!
And you're still losing with 1400cal UDs? It's encouraging to know that the numbers can be played with to accommodate your needs so well. I'm glad you mentioned that because I could see myself quitting if I gained instead of moving around numbers. So now I know I might need to change things up a little.
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,606
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tina! I'm glad you've gotten such great responses, and that you're beginning to see how easy it is to get those UD calories in. As far as eating more "junk", that's pretty typical in the beginning stages of JUDDD. I stayed LC for a month or two, and then the holidays were looming and I started adding in treats, and when you first start doing that, it's like you want every treat you've been denying yourself for however long. Totally normal!

Keep reading and posting! It will be a lifesaver on those days you have questions, or are stressing about something, or just want to share how you're feeling. We love to chat!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.