Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shayelle
Started Judd yesterday...Day 2 today and I'm scared :(

I'm new to JUDD and I'm scared of UD calories! I had a whole big message typed out but one question to start. How bad is it if you don't eat all your UD calories? My UD calories are 1741 with little to no excercise (although I do excercise, but nothing extreme). I had no problem yesterday with my DD 348, but I actually ate 400), but I am already scared to eat over 1700 calories today. I can't remember the last time I ate that many calories! well, actually I can. It would have been June 16. The day before I started my weight loss. It scares the you know what out of me to think about eating that many calories when I still have some lb's to lose! Any advise on how to get past that?

Thanks!
shayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sonica
Stats: 280.5/180.0/160
WOE: JUDDD
First off - Welcome aboard

Go read the last few pages of the Septum and August weigh-in threads. You can easily see how many calories people are eating and thier losses. To me, it's motivating so know that it DOES work and yes, there will be bounces, but that's normal anyways and I can take comfort in seeing people losing weight on 2k calories on their UP days (myself included)

While there are many maintainers on this board, most of us are here because there are "lbs to lose"

I hate to label things as "good" or "bad", but it's important to eat your up day calories, that's what makes it work or you can put your body into essentially starvation mode and won't lose because your body will do what is has to to protect itself.

Sorry for the novel - but trust the system and do it the way you should and you will see results. You may have to tweak things, but give it at least 3 weeks before you start tweaking it.
Sonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Well, think about it...

If you are eating 1741 one day and 348 the next, that is a total of 2089 for the two days, which is an average of only 1045 each day.

Does that number scare you?

I am eating 500 and 1800. I am only 5'3" tall, and I am losing. Of course, I go up on the up days and down on the down days (in weight and inches), but the trend is down.

I highly recommend that you go by your body measurements instead of your scale weight. If you go only by weight, you could be losing body fat and gaining muscle and not even know it, and you will feel like you are making little or no progress.

Since I started JUDDD on 8/11/13, I have only lost 2 pounds on the scale, but I actually lost 4.3 pounds of body fat and I gained 2.3 pounds of muscle. Also, my body fat went from 35.6% down to 33%.

I know all of this by taking my neck, waist and hip measurements. If you want to see my charts, click here.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.

Last edited by RebeccaLatham; 10-02-2013 at 06:34 AM..
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
It's really important to eat as close to your UD calories as you can. It really WORKS if you follow the plan. I know it seems like a lot, but it won't after you've been doing this for awhile. I understand it seems a bit scary, but I promise you, ignore the bounces on the evil scale and just follow your rotations. IT WORKS & you will lose the weight you want to. Welcome!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elphie124
Stats: 146/133/130ish 5'6"
WOE: JUDDD for loss / eating mindfully for maintenance
Start Date: 7/15/13

What she said! Just do it!

It's not a lot of calories when you average it out. And it's nice to EAT! That's the beauty of JUDDD. Might I also suggest only weighing after DDs at first? That way you're not dealing with the bounce right away. Good luck!
elphie124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
and yes, your really can eat all those today and STILL lose weight!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Please do try to eat close to your UD calories. I know we all think our metabolisms are broken, and this sounds like a miracle diet but it probably won't work on our bodies. I sure did think that when I was first starting. Just follow the program, trust JUDDD to do the work it needs to do, and before you know it, you'll be losing weight while enjoying eating what you like on UDs!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thank you

I am going to try my best to get close to my UD calories. I thought I was doing pretty good today. It's 3:30pm and I just added up my calories so far and I'm only at 600 Long way to go to get to 1700. We have a super busy night with the kids' activities so eating is going to be tough. I will have to get creative! Looking forward to DD tomorrow. A lot less stressfull! I'm sure after awhile I will come to love the UD's, I just need to get used to them.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Maybe you could try writing out a plan the night before of what you are going to eat the next day, so that you will see how much you need to eat. Then, just stick to it.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
Maybe you could try writing out a plan the night before of what you are going to eat the next day, so that you will see how much you need to eat. Then, just stick to it.
Many of us do that, especially in the beginning when we're learning what fits our calories and keeps us satisfied, for both UDs and DDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

I think I will do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
That is a good idea. I made the mistake of just eating my normal foods, but no way does that add up to 1700 calories. I need to add more calories to each meal. I am up to 1200 but it is 8:00pm and I seriously have no idea how I can get 500 more in before bed. I think I will make a protein shake (even though I don't really want one) and have to call it done.

I will do better on Friday.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It's a good problem to have, I think. I don't know what WOE you prefer, but dessert is always nice, and if you don't eat sugar, fruit with cream is delicious (and caloric), or some nice cheeses. Also, if you drink alcohol, wine will get you to your calories on occasion.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It's a good problem to have, I think. I don't know what WOE you prefer, but dessert is always nice, and if you don't eat sugar, fruit with cream is delicious (and caloric), or some nice cheeses. Also, if you drink alcohol, wine will get you to your calories on occasion.
I don't really "not" eat any foods. I have tried cutting food groups out previously and it doesn't really work well for me. I would LOVE a glass of wine, but I have to go get my daughter from dance in 30 minutes so drinking really isn't a good idea sadly! Most weeknights I'm running all over the place for the kids so I rarely get to indulge in a glass of wine

I'll get this figured out. It will just take some time. Thanks for the ideas!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Fat is the best way, in my opinion, to get on your extra calories. Just think of putting butter and sour cream, etc., on the food you eat. If you eat a pork chop, put a Tbs. of butter on it.

When you cook eggs, cook them in a Tbs. of coconut oil, bacon grease or butter.