Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   October Daily Chat (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/813218-october-daily-chat.html)

Carly 10-01-2013 04:35 AM

October Daily Chat

I cannot believe it is October! My, how the time flies! We will be in the holiday swing of things before we know it.

Let's get chatting...

Sirtain 10-01-2013 06:52 AM

Littlest and I will be making mini pumpkin pies this afternoon, to start October off right.

Sonica 10-01-2013 07:03 AM

I love October. Thank's to rotations I'm starting this month off with a DD, and I plan to make it a stellar one!

Have to admit I'm really looking forward to UDs and some fall baking

Make it a great day eveyone!

Flossyliz 10-01-2013 07:33 AM

The quinces smell amazing as I come through the gate.
I was eating sweet damsons straight off the tree this morning.
Must be Autumn! :)

Goner 10-01-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16625537)
I was eating sweet damsons straight off the tree this morning.
Must be Autumn! :)

:dunno: damsons?

I've already made pumpkin cupcakes and apple pie! Love to bake in the fall - but make sure to share with everyone and just enjoy one on an UD! Also got some butternut squash ready for roasting. I love fall eating better than summer! So many comforting foods.

I love this time of year, but in the northeast we are still experiencing summer temperatures - 85 on Wednesday? Makes it hard to know what clothing to wear as it's cool in the morning.

I'm attempting 4:3 for the month of October - and getting back to regular exercise. I have one mile WATP done already today, and did it yesterday to finish off September!

LoCarbGal 10-01-2013 08:31 AM

October finally! It's still almost 100* here in the daytime, but mornings and evenings are so beautiful. I have my doors wide open this morning and am breathing the fresh air.

I am looking forward to my roasted vegetables - of all kinds. I don't do much of it in the summer, because it's just too hot to turn on the oven very often. Through the fall and winter, I roast veggies almost every night for dinner. Mmmm!

Flossyliz 10-01-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16625572)
:dunno: damsons?

They're tiny plums, deep purple with a beautiful blue bloom.

LiLi914 10-01-2013 10:14 AM

So I just spent the majority of my morning ordering a new phone since my boyfriend dropped mine in the water. I only had it for a month and it went down the drain. Literally! Verizon was cool though and didn't give me a headache so tomorrow I will be back to business.

Happy October to all!! I have a wedding every weekend this month so I'm looking forward to dress shopping.

RebeccaLatham 10-01-2013 10:23 AM

Just subscribing for now. Hi, everyone!

Goner 10-01-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16625685)
They're tiny plums, deep purple with a beautiful blue bloom.

They sound beautiful to look at and I'm sure also to eat. :D

Carol - oh yes roasted veggies. I made roasted cauliflower last weekend - sprinkled curry and garlic on top. I love roasted veggies!

Librarygirl 10-01-2013 04:56 PM

These veggies and fruits you're all talking about sound delicious! I'm making some comfort food for supper: corn chowder with some good diced ham. Then I'm making a pan of brownies. :D BF doesn't know about the brownies yet, but it will be a nice treat. :)

I think I'll go back to EOD instead of 4:3 this week. I am not losing enough on this woe. What I can't understand is how someone 30-40 lbs smaller than I am, and around the same age, can maintain on the calories I'm eating (and not losing)?:dunno: I mean, I am losing about .5 lbs a week, but still. I don't want to eat too little in order to lose fast though, as I'm concerned about how I would look if it comes off too fast...hear too many people complaining about loose skin and such. Seems easier to keep LBM while losing than to try and reverse things after the fact. IDK, some of that is inevitable, I think.

oceania 10-01-2013 05:42 PM

I had a heck of a day! It's a DD for me and I went to the gym first thing in the morning which went well. Normally I eat something after but I decided to try something new - to wait as long as possible before eating and eating most of my calories at night. I had a cup of tea and around 11:30am I had a pepperette and then another one around 1:30ish and a cup of coffee. I didn't have anything else to until around 7:15...I was absolutely starving but I had class and a meeting and just got home.

Also yesterday I stopped eating at 5:45pm - so that means I was in a fasted state for almost 17 hours before eating ...and in 26 hours only had 250 cals...not the best of ideas. I didn't think about this prior to making this choice. I'm so tempted to eat something else but I'm still in induction so I can't - actually I ended up eating some cheese which means I probably ate closer to 600cals...but I needed it for my own sanity.

I'm still trying to figure out how to eat on DDs when I have a workout. I tried Googling this and can't come up with anything.

It'stime 10-01-2013 06:22 PM

Ladies,
My understanding is anything goes on up days....Am I right?

Becky 10-01-2013 06:54 PM

Seems to me that October----January 2 flies by in record time! First Halloween, though none of my kids want to go out this year, even my youngest (11) says he's "too old"! Then Thanksgiving, then Christmas shopping, and baking like a loon season, then Christmas and before you can blink it's the New year and school is half over!!

Becky 10-01-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It'stime (Post 16626558)
Ladies,

Foodwise, yes...caloriewise, yes with some, no with others (myself included). Do you know what numbers you are using with on your UD and DD?

teeingoff17 10-01-2013 07:04 PM

I LOVE fall! Favorite season of the year, hands down. Can't wait to make apple butter with the apples I picked, and have a beautiful 6K trail run this weekend through a county park in Wisconsin. Hope the leaves are turning and that the weather is nice, cause it will be a wonderful day!

Librarygirl 10-01-2013 07:06 PM

A 23 yo male who makes apple butter?:eek: Where were you 20 years ago. :D Oh, right, in training pants.:p

Becky 10-01-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16626613)
A 23 yo male who makes apple butter?:eek: Where were you 20 years ago. :D Oh, right, in training pants.:p

*giggle* ~snort!!!~ i almost had my water come out my nose!!! :hyst:

teeingoff17 10-01-2013 07:18 PM

I also have venison in the freezer (from last deer season) that is going to be turned into jerky soon too. And, oh yeah, fall brings around hunting season. Duck hunting was 2 weekends ago and deer hunting in November. The only thing bad about fall is it means an end to golf season...

Librarygirl 10-01-2013 07:19 PM

Golf season is pretty much year round in S.C. It's a little more pleasant in the fall and winter lol.

Barbo 10-01-2013 07:23 PM

Happy October 1, 2013 to all...

It is an UPP day and we went out to Hometown Buffet.
Had a real fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans with
bacon and a few sliced carrots on the plate for color.
Eeeensy teeeeesy piece of pecan pie, milk. It will be our only meal.
I'll have some tea this evening. I am full. I only eat once usually on an UPP
day.

Flutter 10-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16626450)
These veggies and fruits you're all talking about sound delicious! I'm making some comfort food for supper: corn chowder with some good diced ham. Then I'm making a pan of brownies. :D BF doesn't know about the brownies yet, but it will be a nice treat. :)

I think I'll go back to EOD instead of 4:3 this week. I am not losing enough on this woe. What I can't understand is how someone 30-40 lbs smaller than I am, and around the same age, can maintain on the calories I'm eating (and not losing)?:dunno: I mean, I am losing about .5 lbs a week, but still. I don't want to eat too little in order to lose fast though, as I'm concerned about how I would look if it comes off too fast...hear too many people complaining about loose skin and such. Seems easier to keep LBM while losing than to try and reverse things after the fact. IDK, some of that is inevitable, I think.

Are you talking about me again, LG? :hyst: :heart:

How were the brownies? :yummy: you all and your food talk today! I am hungry!

RebeccaLatham 10-01-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It'stime (Post 16626558)
Ladies,

According to the book, yes, but according to your body, maybe not. Personally, I have to limit the amount of food I eat, plus I have to keep carbs low to control Type 2 Diabetes.

Starrhae 10-01-2013 10:31 PM

:clap: I want to join in ,and I am off to bed after walkig for an hour and doing some strength traing for a little while!! I am sooo tired!
We are going to have a great October!!! I can feel it!! :stars::stars::stars:
Wendy

Librarygirl 10-02-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16626710)
Are you talking about me again, LG? :hyst: :heart:

How were the brownies? :yummy: you all and your food talk today! I am hungry!

Lol, not really Flutter, because I know you eat a lot less than I do. :D Especially on DDs.;) It's not just one person, but I have seen someone post recently that they eat to close to 3000 on UDs, and 600-700 on DDs and maintain at 147. I can't remember who, but it was great news!

The brownies were outstanding. I haven't made brownies in years. I ate 4, and that was with some restraint.

RebeccaLatham 10-02-2013 06:07 AM

I made a commitment to stop weighing and measuring my body every day, and it has been such a shock to the system! It was such a part of my routine, and afterwards I would put all the numbers into my spreadsheet and look at my charts for a while.

Now I get up in the morning and have nothing to do! :)

My next weigh-in is Sunday, the day after a down day. Next week, it will be Saturday, the day after a down day.

Sirtain 10-02-2013 07:10 AM

Made my mini pumpkin pies, and they are ADORABLE! I'll have one tomorrow on my Up Day. Littlest and I both feel that autumn has officially begun, now that there is the smell of pumpkin in the kitchen.

RebeccaLatham 10-02-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirtain (Post 16627016)
Made my mini pumpkin pies, and they are ADORABLE! I'll have one tomorrow on my Up Day. Littlest and I both feel that autumn has officially begun, now that there is the smell of pumpkin in the kitchen.

I would love to see the recipe for those. I made some myself the other day with cream cheese and pumpkin, and I was underwhelmed. :(

Librarygirl 10-02-2013 05:45 PM

I'm eating some thawed spinach from a week ago (refrigerated of course). I hope it won't make me sick. Too late to worry now though, lol.

Carly 10-02-2013 05:50 PM

I'm exsuasted and have a headache, I can't complain since that was my norm before JUDDD and now it is the rare exception, but I have a whole bunch of hives and not sure why since all I have consumed today is water. I didn't even have my coffee, probably the reason my head is pounding. I'll take my Tylenol PM in about an hour and that has Benedryl in it so I guess the hives will clear up.

Hope you are all having a great October so far. We are having fantastic weather here in NY. It was in the 80's today! I will be very sad when this lovely weather ends. I go into the city tomorrow for a meeting and I may walk around for a bit before heading back to my office in Mt. Vernon. I have to catch an early train in the morning so hope this headache clears up.