Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Yeah, that makes no sense...
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm heading out to get my mammogram. Have you ladies all scheduled yours?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We have a foundation in town that brings a bus around to do them, and it came to the hospital I work at a couple of weeks ago when we had our health fair

Never too early, right?
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
I think it says something when they don't seem to want to learn from us! I have been learning things every day!'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It seems like a lot of information she's giving is not true to the experiences of myself and this board (for the most part). I have to believe that it's inexperience with fasting, even though she's written a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Cindy, pay no mind to those types of comments. You have every right to voice your opinion.

I haven't had time to peruse the site and I only saw a few statements that showed up on my news feed. Like the rest of you I wish she would have utilized this site for her research. People who are actually following the WOE whether they're successful or unsuccessful have so much to contribute to that research.

I know for myself I may not have appetite suppression, but my emotional eating has greatly been affected by JUDDD. I finally started dealing with the issues instead of reaching for an entire chocolate cake in order to help "soothe" me. I've always had such an unhealthy relationship with food and JUDDD has really helped me to see just how unhealthy it has been.
had mine a month ago!' All was well!
Quote:
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #155

Back from imaging. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Back from imaging. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
yay!!!

My last one was this past spring. I'm good for a bit again.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Cindy, (librarygirl)I agree. I don't think she has ever had to watch her weight the way Dr. Johnson did. Things don't seem that realistic in her comments.

I'm quite curious about the new book Dr. Johnson is coming out with more than hers.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Well, I was hoping it was going to be ground breaking, as I said. Unfortunately, although she says hers is more sound because of "scientific studies", as opposed to others in which the author only gives his or her own account, I think I prefer the latter. Regardless, it's still nice to have a page devoted to ADF on FB, and I'm not unhappy that I found it (thanks to all of you).
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I guess she is more ticked off with people like Michael Mosley and Kate Harrison who are really journos, and have known about AOD/IF for 5 mins, lost weight and then write a book about it and get all the kudos as if it was their idea.

I was excited about her book as well but looking at her comments they sound too fluffy and good to be true, even from a scientist. Eat all you want on your UD's, break a plateau with two DD's in a row - anecdotal evidence from this forum suggests otherwise.
Dr J must be a very humble person or shy or just darn busy with his life to be MIA for so long when he has such an active forum here with happy people. I remember watching him interviewed and being attacked by some nutritionist or other about it being a bad diet etc. He seemed uncomfortable. He's looked very handsome though.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I've never had a Mamo. I think my doctor said at 40 since there is no family history.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't think you need to start early with mammograms unless you have a family history. In fact, I have read that starting early or having tests too often can sometimes be harmful. In that, there are sometimes false positive readings that can affect the woman in a stressful way, etc. That said, I have not had one in 2 years or more. I need to schedule a visit.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I've never had a Mamo. I think my doctor said at 40 since there is no family history.
My OB told me I should start getting them at 35 because I was large breasted, so I'm surprised yours hasn't recommended it (though I suppose that could have changed). I did not listen, but did decide to do it last year when I turned 40. I spoke with my OB at that time and she forgot to order it, and I didn't push it. This year, I figured I'd better do it. I'm 41 and my paternal grandmother had breast cancer, though not until her late 80s.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
I had my first at age 40. It was so horribly painful that I did not have another one for ten years, and then only because I had a lump, which turned out to be benign.

Recently, my hormone doctor asked me when the last one was done, and I told her I had done some research and had made an informed decision not to have any more done. She made me sign a waiver that said that she had told me to have one done and that I had refused.

After I signed it, she told me that she believes these tests are dangerous and cause cancer and that she, herself, refuses to have one.

I am not denying that these tests have saved lives. I have no breast cancer in my family and my doctor says that the benefits to me do not outweigh the risks.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #164

Wow, mine was only just slightly uncomfortable, not painful at all. Of course, they had a beautiful new 3D machine, and my breasts are so saggy they already laid pretty flat on the glass.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL, Dawn! I've only had one, and it was just uncomfortable, not painful either.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow, mine was only just slightly uncomfortable, not painful at all. Of course, they had a beautiful new 3D machine, and my breasts are so saggy they already laid pretty flat on the glass.
Sadly, mine are in the same saggy situation. They are big, but easily flattened at this point
Old 10-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
I guess she is more ticked off with people like Michael Mosley and Kate Harrison who are really journos, and have known about AOD/IF for 5 mins, lost weight and then write a book about it and get all the kudos as if it was their idea.

I was excited about her book as well but looking at her comments they sound too fluffy and good to be true, even from a scientist. Eat all you want on your UD's, break a plateau with two DD's in a row - anecdotal evidence from this forum suggests otherwise.
Dr J must be a very humble person or shy or just darn busy with his life to be MIA for so long when he has such an active forum here with happy people. I remember watching him interviewed and being attacked by some nutritionist or other about it being a bad diet etc. He seemed uncomfortable. He's looked very handsome though.
From what I have heard here, it seems that the doctor is reclusive. That leads me to believe that he really believed in the diet and therefore wrote the book, because it worked. He has not sought fame or stardom as a result, although others have come after him with those goals. I still am in admiration.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Well, that explains it quite well, doesn't it? You can't overeat if you're eating from a specific menu. I guess the subjects could have eaten more on their own though.
I think from what I read on the study set up, that if they ate over a certain amount (50 calories rings a bell) off plan, they had to record it. But no way would you get someone not going to a restaurant or having a couple of drinks or a bag of doritos (which likely wouldn't be provided) over the course of 6 months or a year or so of a study time frame.

But... speaking from my own experience, for whatever silly reason, I will eat up to a calorie allowance if I know what it is and where I'm at (like "ooh, I'm allowed this and darnit, I should eat all of it" ) - yet my natural appetite is lower IF and only IF I go higher protein. No idea why, but kind of grateful that that's the case. I suspect that when I didn't count calories, I was running around 75-80% of the calculator UD amount. My average weekly loss was too high for that to have not been the case (and I'm kind of a textbook calories in = pounds lost kind of person). Right now, I'm eating low Monday to Thursday, a bit higher Friday, Saturday high and Sunday moderate. I really could eat at a 1000 or so calorie level all the time like I do on M-Th, but I'm in no rush and sometimes you have to feed the head as well as the tummy. And I like pasta with creamy sauces. And wine.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejolie View Post
I think from what I read on the study set up, that if they ate over a certain amount (50 calories rings a bell) off plan, they had to record it. But no way would you get someone not going to a restaurant or having a couple of drinks or a bag of doritos (which likely wouldn't be provided) over the course of 6 months or a year or so of a study time frame.

But... speaking from my own experience, for whatever silly reason, I will eat up to a calorie allowance if I know what it is and where I'm at (like "ooh, I'm allowed this and darnit, I should eat all of it" ) - yet my natural appetite is lower IF and only IF I go higher protein. No idea why, but kind of grateful that that's the case. I suspect that when I didn't count calories, I was running around 75-80% of the calculator UD amount. My average weekly loss was too high for that to have not been the case (and I'm kind of a textbook calories in = pounds lost kind of person). Right now, I'm eating low Monday to Thursday, a bit higher Friday, Saturday high and Sunday moderate. I really could eat at a 1000 or so calorie level all the time like I do on M-Th, but I'm in no rush and sometimes you have to feed the head as well as the tummy. And I like pasta with creamy sauces. And wine.
Are you still doing juddd? I got confused by the part I underlined... If not it seems like what you are doing is working for you.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning. I'm feeling a little rough today...wish I could go back to bed!!

Just wanted to share that I received an email earlier this week from Library Journal. It apparently was sent to all LJ reviewers, and it was a list of topics for articles they want written for 2014. It sounded wonderful to me, and I really hope I get an opportunity to write one of them. They had more responses than they expected, so I was told, so I'm having to fight to get one now. Wish me luck that I get chosen. I am most interested in writing about LBGTQ families...will tell more about it later.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 10-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Fingers crossed for you Cindy. I love the topic of LGBTQ. I'm actually presenting on it in class on the 31st. Thinking I want to talk about LGBTQ in marriage.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #172

I confess, I had to look up the "Q." Darn, I'm not as up on the terminology as I thought I was!

Good luck Cindy! Sounds like a good topic.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
My DDs are creeping up - My DD yesterday was closer to 600. Ugh! I think I'm eating at more 25% loss, instead of the standard 20%. I better get a handle on it. Yesterday was mostly due to getting bored I think - I grabbed a bag of Capp's Hot fries, which I don't usually do - Thats an extra 110 calories, if I didn't do that, I would have hit my mark, even with the few bites of my BFs pumpkin pie

Something really made me sick yesterday, because I got up in the middle of the night and was having some bad cramping, and then well... Let's just say I had to excuse myself to the restroom. I've been limiting myself to water, but I had a big diet soda yesterday, maybe that caused some stomach problems? All I ate yesterday besides the Capps was a serving of Tuna Helper and a bite of two of pumpkin pie.

I'll be sticking with water today to get rehydrated, and avoid further issues.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MamaTheNurse
Stats: 187.4/177.6/120, 5'4'', 45 yrs. old
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Quote:
Good morning. I'm feeling a little rough today...wish I could go back to bed!!

Just wanted to share that I received an email earlier this week from Library Journal. It apparently was sent to all LJ reviewers, and it was a list of topics for articles they want written for 2014. It sounded wonderful to me, and I really hope I get an opportunity to write one of them. They had more responses than they expected, so I was told, so I'm having to fight to get one now. Wish me luck that I get chosen. I am most interested in writing about LBGTQ families...will tell more about it later.
That sounds so cool - good luck!

Btw, I just want to tell you that I am so envious when you mention your work - I've had a great career being a nurse but have always felt that I would love working in a library even more.

You know how people volunteer at a hospital after they retire? Well, I fully plan to volunteer at a library instead!!!!
MamaTheNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
LadyB - hope you are feeling better. I would think it was the diet soda. Some days eating at 25% is necessary to stay on track. It's still a losing percentage, right? Take care.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Fingers crossed for you Cindy. I love the topic of LGBTQ. I'm actually presenting on it in class on the 31st. Thinking I want to talk about LGBTQ in marriage.
I'm looking at the email now, and it's "GLBTQ Family Memoirs". I'm not quite sure how I would go about it, but would love to do the research. We need to include graphic novels, dvds, and 1-3 apps.

Quote:
I confess, I had to look up the "Q." Darn, I'm not as up on the terminology as I thought I was!

Good luck Cindy! Sounds like a good topic.
I thought it was Queer. I haven't even looked it up, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
My DDs are creeping up - My DD yesterday was closer to 600. Ugh! I think I'm eating at more 25% loss, instead of the standard 20%. I better get a handle on it. Yesterday was mostly due to getting bored I think - I grabbed a bag of Capp's Hot fries, which I don't usually do - Thats an extra 110 calories, if I didn't do that, I would have hit my mark, even with the few bites of my BFs pumpkin pie

Something really made me sick yesterday, because I got up in the middle of the night and was having some bad cramping, and then well... Let's just say I had to excuse myself to the restroom. I've been limiting myself to water, but I had a big diet soda yesterday, maybe that caused some stomach problems? All I ate yesterday besides the Capps was a serving of Tuna Helper and a bite of two of pumpkin pie.

I'll be sticking with water today to get rehydrated, and avoid further issues.
Hope you're feeling better now, Lady. I have had some stomach issues too in the past year, and probiotics have helped me a lot! I wouldn't worry too much about a DD being over by 100...I have them from time to time myself. In fact, today may be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTheNurse View Post
That sounds so cool - good luck!

Btw, I just want to tell you that I am so envious when you mention your work - I've had a great career being a nurse but have always felt that I would love working in a library even more.

You know how people volunteer at a hospital after they retire? Well, I fully plan to volunteer at a library instead!!!!
Thanks! It's not as glamorous as it might sound. Library work can be rewarding, but also just clerical type stuff sometimes. I guess we all think other people are doing so much more exciting work than we are. Let me allay your worry--I'm not. Maybe I'll volunteer in a hospital one day after retirement...but it seems too much like work to me.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Fingers crossed LG!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #178

Quote:

I thought it was Queer. I haven't even looked it up, lol.
Per Wikipedia, it's either Queer or Questioning. I guess that makes sense with so many who are exploring now, rather than identifying with one group or another. Queer to me still has sort of a negative connotation, but many of my friends in that community are much older and came out when it was considered a slur. I need to make some younger friends.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Having some gurgly tummy issues lately. makes doing any kind of rotation kind of hard when youre....gurgling.

I don't want to do an elimination diet. :insert bratty five year old meltdown here:

argh!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good luck getting the article assignment Cindy!

And good luck Lisa on your presentation! That strikes terror in my heart to even think about doing that.

I hope you get to feeling better LB.

Katie, I hope you get your gurgles under control. It can be so embarrassing!

I was gurgly yesterday and a little this morning. It seems to have passed (pun intended) now and on with a great DD today. It needs to be a good one, because I'm having 2 UDs in a row this weekend to switch rotations. I kind of don't want to because my losses have been chugging along slowly but surely lately, and I'm tantalizingly close to hitting the 170s, but so be it. A day here won't make any difference in the long run!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote