Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Cindy- I have taken some breaks, mostly because I let stressful situations get away from me. What I really like about JUDDD, though, is that I am able to get back on much easier than with other plans. I would say ACTUAL JUDDD time has been about 6 months out of the seven.

Carly- Glad you got some beach time. I wish you warm sunshine tomorrow.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That's good news, Sirtain. With the way your weight loss is going, knowing that you also took breaks makes it even more impressive. I asked because I was wondering if I didn't do as stellar as possible, that I'd still lose fairly well. The holidays are coming up after all.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Dawn, that is WONDERFUL to hear Keira is not only adapting to the new school well, but THRIVING!!! I am so tickled for both of you!!! Major kudos!!

Carly, hope you've been able to destress a tiny bit already! I'm glad you signed out of your email. Enough of that, it's vaca!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

ACK!!! I just pulled out my compact mirror to apply some lipstick and noticed crepey saggy skin on my neck!! I don't usually look in the mirror sitting down, and I can't see it when I'm standing up...but in a mirror right up to my face, it's noticeable. Yuck, and I guess that's part of the weight loss (and age) starting to show. In a bad way.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Yep, I've got that too Cindy. During all my losing it has gotten saggy, then firmed up, then gotten saggy again and now it's firming up pretty well again. I've noticed huge improvements in my neck and my upper chest was getting a little crepey too by using Eucerin CoQ10 cream on those areas, both morning and night. I occasionally do some neck firming exercises and do that whole slapping underneath my chin that our mothers and grandmothers did. It actually seems to help!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #306

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
My wattle's ridiculous!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #307
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm so comforted. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a wattle. Yay, LCG and Dawn!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #308

You guys just had to use the "W" word, didn't you?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #309

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I had my wattle surgically removed 11 years ago.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #310

I'm so afraid of surgery due to a bad experience with Keira's C-Section, but honestly, I'm beginning to lean more toward it as an option for the future. Pretty much everything needs to be lifted and smoothed at this point!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

I had another successful shopping day at the flea market. I bought a dress, a skirt and sweater set, 4 sweaters and an overcoat. All for under 40.00. All fit great too...I've had to move some more of my "old" clothes out of my closet to fit all my "new" clothes. Yay! I have a better wardrobe now with my thrift clothes than I had before lol.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Pretty much everything needs to be lifted and smoothed at this point!
Yup, arm lift, thigh lift, tummy tuck...
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would LOVE that chin lift thing!!! I keloid, though, and so I try to put it out of my mind. Since my face is always the first thing to gain and last thing to go, it'd be lovely to actually not be self conscious about it, though.

Ah well, we can only do what we can do girls!

Carly, WB from vaca! Did you have a lovely time???

LG, fun on the shopping & new wardrobe!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes! It was lovely. The beach was beautiful. Boy- it's cold here. I'm ready to be back though. I'm having a lovely DD and getting ready to do some laundry and then back to work tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, freezing cold, huh? HATE IT!!!!!!!! I was out with DH last night and the whining season has definitely officially started. Poor guy. I think he will move me to warm weather just to shut me up at some point. LOL!

I am glad you had fun!!! I am with you on being over the moon happy about it being a DD, too! I won't even get IN to what last night's date night UD involved. Oh my word!!! (loaded chicken nachos with lots of rum at 10pm anyone? YIKES!)
Old 10-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #316
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome home, Carly!! I'm glad you had a good time, and a nice DD today. It's cold here too, but nice and sunny.

Flutter, sounds like date night was a success! Nachos and rum are a prerequesite for a fun night. BTW, what is keloid?
Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Um. Err. The nachos & rum were 2 hours AFTER a sensible dinner (with rum). <blush> DH was like, "WHAT?! You want nachos? How are you hungry?" Answer: "too much rum?" (I know, I know, there can never be TOO much rum...but only with nachos, apparently) LOL Needless to say, I have never done that before. YIKES!

Keloids are basically overcrazed scar tissue that develops after an injury (or surgery) to your skin. I developed bad ones 3 years after getting my ears pierced as a teen. I have another one now on my chest from having a biopsy done. They're ugly and they hurt. I don't want any on my face!!!

Old 10-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

We have a laundry room in our building with 10 washers and 10 dryers. My building has 126 apartments so mind you this is not many washers and dryers, but 8 of the 10 dryers are going right now and I finally warmed up down there. In the summer it is torture, but it's nice now
Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all. Thought I'd check in. I know, I know I've been awol but been lurking. I jumped back on the wagon the first of the month and decided it was time to lose the last 40 pounds.

For those who don't know me, or remember me...I started JUDDDing June 2012 and lost 35 pounds or so til November when I had a bunch of problems with vision and decided to maintain for a while and let my skin suit adjust to the lower weight...well, that was my excuse and I'll stick to it. So here I am a year later and have lost a few more pounds by sticking to the rotations, but not really hitting my DD calories; a lot of MD's, fer shure.

Well, as I said, finally decided it was time to get back on the horse, so here I am again. I promise I won't be completely MIA but will be checking in with you from time to time. I've dropped another five pounds this month and hoping to lose a couple more by the end o'month when I do my "official" weigh-in for the record. So, here I am closing in on a total loss of 50 pounds and thanking the PTB for helping me to find JUDDD. This is such a wonderful woe that I know i'll be keeping to the schedule for the rest of the life.

Glad to be back and reading all the posts...this is such a wonderful site with some great friends. I know I wouldn't be where I am today (and hope to be tomorrow) without your help and guidance....you're all the greatest.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome back Mssarge!

How are your eyes?
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
A bit better, but at least they've stabilized...which you'd think wouldn't take a year....thanks for asking.

Check in with all y'all tomorrow...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #322
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Um. Err. The nachos & rum were 2 hours AFTER a sensible dinner (with rum). <blush> DH was like, "WHAT?! You want nachos? How are you hungry?" Answer: "too much rum?" (I know, I know, there can never be TOO much rum...but only with nachos, apparently) LOL Needless to say, I have never done that before. YIKES!

Keloids are basically overcrazed scar tissue that develops after an injury (or surgery) to your skin. I developed bad ones 3 years after getting my ears pierced as a teen. I have another one now on my chest from having a biopsy done. They're ugly and they hurt. I don't want any on my face!!!
Ouch!! I can see how you wouldn't want to encourage that again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Hey y'all. Thought I'd check in. I know, I know I've been awol but been lurking. I jumped back on the wagon the first of the month and decided it was time to lose the last 40 pounds.

For those who don't know me, or remember me...I started JUDDDing June 2012 and lost 35 pounds or so til November when I had a bunch of problems with vision and decided to maintain for a while and let my skin suit adjust to the lower weight...well, that was my excuse and I'll stick to it. So here I am a year later and have lost a few more pounds by sticking to the rotations, but not really hitting my DD calories; a lot of MD's, fer shure.

Well, as I said, finally decided it was time to get back on the horse, so here I am again. I promise I won't be completely MIA but will be checking in with you from time to time. I've dropped another five pounds this month and hoping to lose a couple more by the end o'month when I do my "official" weigh-in for the record. So, here I am closing in on a total loss of 50 pounds and thanking the PTB for helping me to find JUDDD. This is such a wonderful woe that I know i'll be keeping to the schedule for the rest of the life.

Glad to be back and reading all the posts...this is such a wonderful site with some great friends. I know I wouldn't be where I am today (and hope to be tomorrow) without your help and guidance....you're all the greatest.
back Mssarge! I'm so glad you decided to join us again, and it sounds as if JUDDD is still working well for you. We can lose the last 40 together!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, Mary!! Happy to "see" you and hear you're doing well!! congrats on the additional weight loss this month!

Carly, ooooh, I'd love a room full of dryers right now! <said through chattering teeth>

Morning all!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I had another successful shopping day at the flea market. I bought a dress, a skirt and sweater set, 4 sweaters and an overcoat. All for under 40.00. All fit great too...I've had to move some more of my "old" clothes out of my closet to fit all my "new" clothes. Yay! I have a better wardrobe now with my thrift clothes than I had before lol.
I'm so jealous! I've got to find the flea market around here. I've never been, believe it or not! You're making me want to. You guys sell there, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post

An occasional night like that sounds fun, and you deserve a little indulgence (or a big one!). Keloids do sound awful. I don't have that, but I do tend to scar and with my fairest of fair skin (I'm ALWAYS the palest one in any room) they do tend to show. So I'm pretty much scared to have any unnecessary surgeries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post

Glad to see you Mary! You sound like you've been doing great! It'll be nice to see you around here more.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
DD

I really wanted to do some emotional eating today...
I found out my ex husband had eloped Saturday, which seems quick to me after being divorced for a little less han two years, and him being with the woman assuming less than that. I guess it's not the fact that he's married now, more than the fact of what am I doing in my love life - I'm very happy, but friggin' every one is getting married haha! Even that butt head, otherwise known in my circle of friends as - he of which shall not be named or the dark one. I mean, I'm not looking to marry anytime soon - I love my BF, and I wouldn't say no LOL! But we both are prioritizing other things at the moment.

I guess it's also brought back memories of abuse, hurt, and saddness with the ex - I just need to concentrate on the now, not the past. I resent him, I know that, but it's because I wasted so much time trying to change him, and that's my own fault - trying too hard, and believing him everytimes he said it would never happen again.

Another thing that happened this past weekend is a co-worker passed away - she was a nurse at the hospital I work at and was in a car wreck on the way home from work - she was only in her late 30s...

It was a tough weekend. I sat at home, and kept to my rotation. I should have went out and got my mind on other things instead of dwelling on what cannot be changed, but I made it through.

And I'm going to make it through today. It's almost time to go home, and I managed to consume only 190 calories. I'll have an early dinner salad, fold some laundry, and head to bed. My head hurts.

I feel drained, but I have a goal to reach! Plus, I'm just not hungry - I shouldn't eat when I'm not hungry.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
We have a laundry room in our building with 10 washers and 10 dryers. My building has 126 apartments so mind you this is not many washers and dryers, but 8 of the 10 dryers are going right now and I finally warmed up down there. In the summer it is torture, but it's nice now
I went to look into non-surgical laser lipo (yeah, I know ) and they said I needed to look at tightening treatments for my loose skin first. I never considered the skin as loose until she really started showing me, and she was right - my first 30 lbs I lost a few years ago really did leave loose skin around my hips, arms, and my inner thighs. Plus I have stretch marks - they are very light now, but in certain lights, they show on my belly and arms - I don't think I can do anything about those, can I?

I figure I'll wait until I have children to do anything drastic to myself. No sense on tucking something that will just end up untucked later lol!
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #327

LB. Take heart in the fact that you stayed true to yourself and your WOE through a very difficult and trying time.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Gosh, I'm so sorry, LB. I can definitely relate to emotional eating--and ex'es who've moved on. I'm very sorry to hear about your co-worker as well. That's so sad, and such a shock. Please take care of yourself and don't worry too much about having a perfect DD.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #329

Aw LB! You have had a rough weekend. I'm so proud and impressed with you sticking with your plan. You are taking care of yourself, and you deserve that. Hang in there sweetie!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

Carol, in answer to your question, yes we do sell at the flea market sometimes. Not every weekend, and we haven't in a few weeks. We should do it every weekend, but it gets old, and I'm lazy. I've found some nice stuff at Goodwill and Salvation Army too. You would be surprised.