Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
October JUDDD Newbies

to all the October JUDDD newbies! Ask questions and get support here.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Do you mind if I pop in sometimes? I’m not following JUDDD, but I’m doing alternate day calorie restriction, so this is the closest group. I started doing it in the middle of July, and am averaging a pound a week loss — which is pretty good considering I’m post menopause, not very tall, and don’t have a huge amount to lose. I’m currently around 127 & would like to get to 115-ish.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Do you mind if I pop in sometimes? Iím not following JUDDD, but Iím doing alternate day calorie restriction, so this is the closest group. I started doing it in the middle of July, and am averaging a pound a week loss ó which is pretty good considering Iím post menopause, not very tall, and donít have a huge amount to lose. Iím currently around 127 & would like to get to 115-ish.
Definitely join us! Sounds like you are doing well. What are your calories for your "restriction" days?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I lose the plot every time I start counting. I have about 3 oz cottage cheese or yoghurt (full fat) for breakfast; about 3 oz of meat or fish for lunch & for dinner; and about 6oz milk in drinks (that’s coffee at breakfast and lunch, and chocolate at bed time so I don’t go to bed feeling hungry).
Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Welcome ailuros! Post away!!!! You are doing great!!!

Welcome October peeps!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you .

I’ve just realised that my profile still says maintenance. I lost about 30 lbs eating LC ten years ago, kept it off for 6 or 7 years, then life and hormones attacked, and it all piled back on again. I couldn’t quite get back into the mindset of never eating another piece of toast, or having a biscuit with my coffee, so looked at the IF options. A lot of my meals are still LC, but it’s nice not having to stress about it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Welcome Ailuros. I agree with you as I do controlled carbs because I just don't feel good if I eat too many. A pound a week is great, I've had about the same loss since May on JUDDD. I too am post menopause and got the midsection spread about 3 years ago and didn't know how to handle it till I found JUDDD. I'm shrinking slowly, but feeling so much better. Good to meet you!!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Welcome aboard Ailuros! How wonderful that this is working so well for you. You most definitely fit in here!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Welcome Ailuros.
One pound loss per week is brilliant!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for the welcomes. The pound a week average includes a couple of weekends off plan plus about ten days when we had friends staying, so it’s very good! I don’t know how much things tend to slow down as you get closer to goal with this approach.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
I offically restarted Sept. 29 but that is pretty much October...right?
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sonica
Stats: 280.5/180.0/160
Yep Becky, pretty much October

Welcome Becky & Ailuros

I'm only 3 weeks back in after JUDDDing last year so I'm farily newbie too
Sonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elvisfan
Thank you for giving the newbies a place to post an intro

I have been a lcf member since 2004 and have been on and off Atkins pretty much the whole time...feeling great and dropping 10lbs and then gaining it back and feeling horribly both physically and mentally. The physical weight isn't easy to deal with but it's not as bad as the mental weight problem of constantly overeating and feeling so terrible about it. So when I heard about alternate day fasting I was intrigued and decided to give JUDDD a try.

I started five days ago and feel fabulous. I love the way I feel on a down day, love the freedom of an up day...love the fact that I'm only a day away from either one. So far JUDDD feels like the beginning of sanity to me when it comes to food and this alone is a gift.

I'll be reading daily and posting often to stay involved and accountable - I'm committed to this. Thanks for listening

Caroline

Elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
Thank you for giving the newbies a place to post an intro

I have been a lcf member since 2004 and have been on and off Atkins pretty much the whole time...feeling great and dropping 10lbs and then gaining it back and feeling horribly both physically and mentally. The physical weight isn't easy to deal with but it's not as bad as the mental weight problem of constantly overeating and feeling so terrible about it. So when I heard about alternate day fasting I was intrigued and decided to give JUDDD a try.

I started five days ago and feel fabulous. I love the way I feel on a down day, love the freedom of an up day...love the fact that I'm only a day away from either one. So far JUDDD feels like the beginning of sanity to me when it comes to food and this alone is a gift.

I'll be reading daily and posting often to stay involved and accountable - I'm committed to this. Thanks for listening

Caroline
Caroline! What you said above (bolded) is really terrific. It encapsulates exactly how I feel about JUDDDing too! Even after 13 months.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Caroline! I love JUDDD for many reasons and am glad that you are enjoying it already!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Actionsmash
Stats: 222/209/187
Start Date: 9/22/13
Today is my 11th day on JUDDD and I have lost 3lbs

DD are going really well (I actually find them easier than UD) the last one no hunger. Todays UD was the best so far, kept to my calories and less junk. I think I went a bit crazy the first week with the whole "can eat what I want"

I have a wedding in 6 weeks where I am a bridesmaid and hope that I can lose a bit more before then. Wish me luck!!
Actionsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionsmash View Post

DD are going really well (I actually find them easier than UD) the last one no hunger. Todays UD was the best so far, kept to my calories and less junk. I think I went a bit crazy the first week with the whole "can eat what I want"

I have a wedding in 6 weeks where I am a bridesmaid and hope that I can lose a bit more before then. Wish me luck!!
LUCK!!! you can do it!!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1980
Hi,

I have been stalking this board for a little while now, and after reading many posts here I am excited about JUDDD. I first heard about this diet in relation to how it helps asthma patients, but I am also excited about the weight loss aspect too. As an overweight asthmatic, maybe JUDDD can solve both of my problems!

About me: I'm 34, F, 5'4", asthmatic, & have hypothyroidism. I weighed in 2 days ago at 200 pounds even. My goal weight is 130 pounds, but I would take 140.

I started today with a down day, and so far it hasn't been so bad. I've only had a can of Starbucks Doubleshot light and a string cheese stick. I plan on having a protein shake later to end up with about 400 calories. I am having some concerns with the up days though. It's going to feel weird not dieting on those days... and I'm concerned with getting enough good quality nutrition on the up days. Another concern is that I have a friend coming to stay with me next week for 5 days and I'm not sure how I'm going to explain the way of eating to her!

Anyway, I'm excited to start!
angie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 281/261/???
WOE: hAcg, R1 P2
Start Date: 10/16/14
Hi everyone, just want to pop in to say I will be starting JUDDD. Friday will be my first DD. I'll be turning 50 in February, it's about damn time I get this weight off. I've been reading through a lot of the posts and must say you all have such good advice and ideas! I'm looking forward to knowing everyone better.
sharkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Just keep doing what you are doing and enjoy the wedding regardless of the number on the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1980 View Post
Hi,

I have been stalking this board for a little while now, and after reading many posts here I am excited about JUDDD. I first heard about this diet in relation to how it helps asthma patients, but I am also excited about the weight loss aspect too. As an overweight asthmatic, maybe JUDDD can solve both of my problems!

About me: I'm 34, F, 5'4", asthmatic, & have hypothyroidism. I weighed in 2 days ago at 200 pounds even. My goal weight is 130 pounds, but I would take 140.

I started today with a down day, and so far it hasn't been so bad. I've only had a can of Starbucks Doubleshot light and a string cheese stick. I plan on having a protein shake later to end up with about 400 calories. I am having some concerns with the up days though. It's going to feel weird not dieting on those days... and I'm concerned with getting enough good quality nutrition on the up days. Another concern is that I have a friend coming to stay with me next week for 5 days and I'm not sure how I'm going to explain the way of eating to her!

JUDDD really helps my DWs asthma when she follows the plan.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkini View Post
Hi everyone, just want to pop in to say I will be starting JUDDD. Friday will be my first DD. I'll be turning 50 in February, it's about damn time I get this weight off. I've been reading through a lot of the posts and must say you all have such good advice and ideas! I'm looking forward to knowing everyone better.
! JUDDD is the best way to shed pounds and only diet every other day!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hi Angie. If you DON'T want to explain the diet to your friend, a great strategy is to have salad meals for lunch and dinner. Just make yours mostly lettuce and vegetables, with a token amount of protein and no extras(cheese, croutons, bacon, etc). Have your dressing on the side, as so many do nowadays, and just dip your fork. No one needs to know you are JUDDDing unless you want to tell them. And since sometimes people freak out when they hear Alternate Day FASTING, you may not want to say anything just to avoid the drama.

Welcome Sharkini.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #23

Quote:

Great job on the 3 lbs! I'm sure you'll have lost several more before the wedding and will look fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1980 View Post
Hi,

Angie! Sounds like DD #1 is going pretty well for you. I sure hope you get relief from your asthma, and I'm sure you'll see weight loss, like most of us do.

Quote:
I just responded to you on another thread, but again!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Everyone!!! It's so nice to have all these new members, and your enthusiasm makes me excited (again) about JUDDD. Anyone can diet for one day, and that's all we have to do. Tomorrow we can have our cake (and eat it too).
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Question about "induction", I can't handle the bars and shakes - they make me ravenous. So. Is it a big deal to just eat my DD amount using low calorie items? I plan to make a vegetable soup that will be 30 calories & 5 carbs per serving. Then add to that a hb egg and canadian bacon for dinner. Sound doable?

Thanks for the help!! You guys rock!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Oops, I forgot to add.. my numbers are 484/2419 is the UD kind of high?

Last edited by sharkini; 10-03-2013 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #27

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Question about "induction", I can't handle the bars and shakes - they make me ravenous. So. Is it a big deal to just eat my DD amount using low calorie items? I plan to make a vegetable soup that will be 30 calories & 5 carbs per serving. Then add to that a hb egg and canadian bacon for dinner. Sound doable?

Thanks for the help!! You guys rock!
I started with real food and did just fine. Just make sure you track accurately (weigh and measure everything).

Quote:
Oops, I forgot to add.. my numbers are 484/2419 is the UD kind of high?
Depends on your age/height/weight/gender. My numbers were not too far off from that when I started and worked just fine. We recommend using 20% for down days and the little/no exercise setting unless you train really hard. Seems to work for most of us that way.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Great! Thanks so much for the quick reply, Dawn.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elvisfan
Hi Kris -

I just started too - hope your first few days are going well

Caroline
Elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Caroline.. Tomorrow will be my first DD and I'm looking forward to it! I've been sf and grain free for a few months now so I don't expect any crazy withdrawls. How is it going for you?