Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Iím afraid it was just my confusing way of expressing it ó Iím 3 lbs heavier than before the visitors!
No, you said it right. I just read it wrong! Sorry!

That'll come right off in no time.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
You will adjust Gaets. I think you might be better off shooting for slightly higher UDs and slightly lower DDs, if you can manage it. The wider the swing in calories, it seems like might be the better.

I just saw in your signature that you are a cancer survivor. I'm so glad you're doing well, and your message is right on![/QUOTE]

Thanks Carol...need to know i'm going in the right direction..i just have to be patient...yes a cancer survivor..had 2 stage 4 polyps and 3 stage 3,the doctor couldn't believe it...if i wouldn't of had my colonoscopy when i did i wouldn't be here today.,..i was 6 months away from having the cancer spread through my body...i was very lucky,didn't need any treatments...through an operation they have taken out a couple of feet of intestines...have to go through a colonoscopy every couple of years and i hate it but it has to be done.

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 10-25-2013 at 12:35 PM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #213

Wow! You've really been through it, but yes, you sure are lucky it was found early enough. Amazing.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gymnut56
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/25/14
Hi gang, I just got done reading everyone's posts. There are a lot of successful JUDDDers here!

My first attempts have not gone so well. Did my first 2 DD w/o a problem and then *life* happened and I wasn't able to cope. Baby steps. I'm on more solid footing now

One of the problems I had was my completely wrong idea that DD were more of a fasting day. For instance, very small amount of HWC (50-75 cal) in my coffee and then nothing till an early dinner. I've now know better

My work project is finished and I now have more time to devote to me! On ward and downward!

The best way out is always through....Robert Frost
gymnut56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
I'm really having a hard time..it was a UD yesterday..did lower my calories to 1,585 comparing to my first UD which it was over 2,000....my weight is higher then when i started and i've been exercising for the last 2 weeks...

I'm hoping my body will adjust...

DD today...everything is written down,yogurt and grapefuit for breakfast,1/2protein bar for lunch and the other half of dinner with 1 cup of chicken noodle soup...=590
I get 1710 for your UD and 300 something for your DD. If you try to hit those numbers for 2 weeks or so I think you will be pleased.

Thanks Carol...need to know i'm going in the right direction..i just have to be patient...yes a cancer survivor..had 2 stage 4 polyps and 3 stage 3,the doctor couldn't believe it...if i wouldn't of had my colonoscopy when i did i wouldn't be here today.,..i was 6 months away from having the cancer spread through my body...i was very lucky,didn't need any treatments...through an operation they have taken out a couple of feet of intestines...have to go through a colonoscopy every couple of years and i hate it but it has to be done.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thank G-d you caught it when you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymnut56 View Post

One of the problems I had was my completely wrong idea that DD were more of a fasting day. For instance, very small amount of HWC (50-75 cal) in my coffee and then nothing till an early dinner. I've now know better
I guess I'm a little confused... It's OK to have 50 calories of HWC and then fast till dinner just as long as that fits in your DD calories

Maybe I'm being dense... , but back! We are pleased you are back!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #216

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Hi gang, I just got done reading everyone's posts. There are a lot of successful JUDDDers here!

My first attempts have not gone so well. Did my first 2 DD w/o a problem and then *life* happened and I wasn't able to cope. Baby steps. I'm on more solid footing now

My work project is finished and I now have more time to devote to me! On ward and downward!
You can work DD calories however you want. Fast completely until dinner, fast completely with no dinner, eat those calories spread out throughout the day. We get to choose how we work those calories. The "fasting" is more about going a full day with 2 nights of sleep (effectively 36 hours or so) on such a limited amount of calories.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gymnut56
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/25/14
I guess I didn't realize you could have the calories spread out throughout the day, if that works better for you. And I think that's what I need to do.

It was my mistake, in that I didn't read enough info about JUDDD. I read about the health benefits and that sold me

One of the first effects of my DD was a significant decrease in my hot flashes that I get from taking Femara for my breast cancer.

I'm glad I'm back!
gymnut56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #218

Another cancer survivor! Congratulations on that, and JUDDD may very well provide further health benefits to keep that C away!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
I guess I didn't realize you could have the calories spread out throughout the day, if that works better for you. And I think that's what I need to do.

It was my mistake, in that I didn't read enough info about JUDDD. I read about the health benefits and that sold me

One of the first effects of my DD was a significant decrease in my hot flashes that I get from taking Femara for my breast cancer.

I'm glad I'm back!
Yes, you can eat your calories throughout the day on a DD, or however it suits you best. Your inital plan of HWC with coffee, and a fast till dinner actually works very well for most JBs. However, it may take a while before it is comfortable. It does take some time JUDDDing before DDs become easy enough to fast from "breakfast" (coffee) till dinner. However, it's very satisfying to have a lot of calories left at the end of the day to indulge in, rather than having spread them out throughout the day, IMHO.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #220

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm the oddball. I could skip breakfast, then have a decent sized lunch, then something very small or no dinner. I only completely fasted a couple of times, and mostly never made it past lunch.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm the oddball. I could skip breakfast, then have a decent sized lunch, then something very small or no dinner. I only completely fasted a couple of times, and mostly never made it past lunch.
I do this too. Well, I usually have my almond latte for 34 cal in the morning but then I eat a lunch as late as I can. I am fine with nothing for dinner.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Thanks ladies,,for all your encouraging words but at this moment,i'm having a very hard time..if i don't eat enough i get major headaches and feel nauseated(?)and the next day can't seem to quench my hunger.....so my plans for now is to go with strictly Calorie Counting for a couple of weeks and then if i see i'm more in control i'm coming back to JUDD..i'll lower my calorie a little at a time..until i adjust....meanwhile...keep up the good work everyone..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abs928
Stats: 175/145/135 in 2010. Current 141.6/137.8/127
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 2013
Thanks Flutter! I will try! My problem is I am apparently an 'all or nothing' type of gal in more ways than one! LOL. Its feast or famine with me socially. I can go months and months without doing much at all and then boom, have a lot of options all at once which is amazing, especially if I have been hibernation...lol. So we shall see how it goes. I agree. Sensible on those days is the way to do it. Today is supposed to be a DD but I have a dinner date with a lovely new man I just met who. So I will do fish, a veggie and hope I can limit it to 1 glass of wine. That is my big concern! He and I chatted for many many hours on our first date and the next thing you know it was 5 hours later and I had 3 or 4 glasses of wine!
abs928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I did some quick calculations, and even at age 75 I can't get as low as 1367 on UDs. Now, I am NOT saying you are or look 75! I just wanted to see if I could even get it that low at your height/weight. At age 35 you can have 1668/334. And then it adjusts from there. So enjoy some more calories!

Zoodles are from scratch, yes. Check out spiralizers on Amazon. They're not too expensive and are so cool! Zucchini really isn't starchy. It's one of the non-starchy squashes. You can have some!

Hang in there Gaets! It will get easier, I promise! Congratulations on quitting smoking! That is such a wonderful thing to do for your health, and to start an eating plan close to the same time is gutsy!
Hi Carol,

Thank you! I redid it and my UP I should be at 1560!! Very good to know. I guess my question is, what if I don't get them all in? Is it okay?
Old 10-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Do any of you ladies do miracle noodles or rice? I have read a lot about them and wonder if they may help on DDs?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hi all just a quick hello from Florida, where I am not JUDDDing, but kind of wish I was. I could really use a DD. I don't have DDs when away, because DW would be really PO'ed to sit in a restaurant with me and me not eat. I don't mind drinking a diet coke in a restaurant, but it really bothers DW

When I'm on vacation, but at home (vacation from work) I usually still do my DDs. Now it's a little different since I'm in maintenance. If I was still trying to lose weight I may have thrown a DD or 2 in even on a traveling vacation, but maybe not. I guess it depended how good the food was going to be where ever I was going.
Have fun on your vacation!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #227

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I use the Miracle Noodles and love them, but opinion is divided... Enjoy your date.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #228

Quote:
Thanks ladies,,for all your encouraging words but at this moment,i'm having a very hard time..if i don't eat enough i get major headaches and feel nauseated(?)and the next day can't seem to quench my hunger.....so my plans for now is to go with strictly Calorie Counting for a couple of weeks and then if i see i'm more in control i'm coming back to JUDD..i'll lower my calorie a little at a time..until i adjust....meanwhile...keep up the good work everyone..
That sounds uncomfortable! I know that nauseated feeling from hunger. It does take some time for the body to adjust to this WOE, but if you feel horrible, you need to do something to correct that. Good luck on the calorie counting and hope you feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs928 View Post
Hi Carol,

Thank you! I redid it and my UP I should be at 1560!! Very good to know. I guess my question is, what if I don't get them all in? Is it okay?
Oh, I'm glad you'll have more to work with on UDs! You really should try to get as close to those calories as you can. It makes a difference, believe it or not. It shouldn't be too hard though. I'd have trouble keeping it as low as that on my UDs! Have a great time on your date tonight!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Do any of you ladies do miracle noodles or rice? I have read a lot about them and wonder if they may help on DDs?
I don't use them anymore, but they were a huge help early on. I only really like them in Asian type dishes, but they are filling for zero calories and can be prepared many ways. Like Cindy (Kissa) said, some people don't care for them- the texture and the smell, I think.

Vacation was good and I'm at the airport waiting to board the plane. I hear that it is quite cold in NY
Old 10-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

I have had them once and knew to rinse them with hot water for 5 minutes, so there was no smell. I just did them with Braggs Amino and a little Franks Hot sauce, and added in chicken and brocolli for a little stir fry. My biggest concern is will they make me bloat or gain?! Coming off of HCG, you react to everything.

As for my date tonight, thank you! I am really a new person with the weight loss. Divorce caused me to shoot up 50 pounds 3 years ago and I am now finally back to the normal ME! Haven't dated in forever and oh my....it is such a game out there still (even at this age and I am 42) but I am trying to positive and just have some fun. I just don't do well with dating and never did. The games..and then I like the wrong one and so on...lol
Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Are you doing Low Carb? I'm finding that I don't need to lower my calories that much on DDs. Of course, I'm just starting out with LC (along with JUDDD), but theoretically just giving up sugar and grains should be enough to lose weight without a DD, so I've been having 600-900+ DDs. So far, so good!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
The weight from the week’s festivities is coming off, but I wonder if there will actually be any difference between weight loss and maintenance for me. If I want to eat without thinking about it for holidays and special occasions, the price of that might be that I stick to what I’m doing now in between.

I don’t mind if it turns out that way, just thinking ahead…
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Thanks Carol...need to know i'm going in the right direction..i just have to be patient...yes a cancer survivor..had 2 stage 4 polyps and 3 stage 3,the doctor couldn't believe it...if i wouldn't of had my colonoscopy when i did i wouldn't be here today.,..i was 6 months away from having the cancer spread through my body...i was very lucky,didn't need any treatments...through an operation they have taken out a couple of feet of intestines...have to go through a colonoscopy every couple of years and i hate it but it has to be done.[/QUOTE]

YEP! You bet it does, and thank goodness we have the scopes and can survive nowadays!!! I am glad your cancer was found quickly and you didn't have to go through chemo/radiation! My dad went through a very similar situation in his 50s with colon cancer. In fact, the polyp that was positive was so small, the doctor almost didn't mark it during the scope! <shudder> He couldn't believe that tiny of a polyp was cancer, but it surely was. My dad just had his 70th birthday a few weeks ago, hasn't had any recurrances and I pray you don't, either girl!!!! Do you have children? Make sure they get their scopes early!!!! I had 8 polyps my first scope, thankfully none were cancer, but imagine if I didn't have a scope til my 50s, yk? (and I was only in my mid 30s!) Anyways, welcome! Good luck with calorie counting and/or Juddd, or both.

Quote:

I'm glad I'm back!
OOoh, awesome that you're noticing health improvements already!

Quote:
Thanks Flutter! I will try! My problem is I am apparently an 'all or nothing' type of gal in more ways than one! LOL. Its feast or famine with me socially. I can go months and months without doing much at all and then boom, have a lot of options all at once which is amazing, especially if I have been hibernation...lol. So we shall see how it goes. I agree. Sensible on those days is the way to do it. Today is supposed to be a DD but I have a dinner date with a lovely new man I just met who. So I will do fish, a veggie and hope I can limit it to 1 glass of wine. That is my big concern! He and I chatted for many many hours on our first date and the next thing you know it was 5 hours later and I had 3 or 4 glasses of wine!
How did your date go? I hope you enjoyed yourself! No big deal if you went over with the wine on your date. 2 UDs never killed anyone with a DD around the corner.

Quote:
The weight from the week’s festivities is coming off, but I wonder if there will actually be any difference between weight loss and maintenance for me. If I want to eat without thinking about it for holidays and special occasions, the price of that might be that I stick to what I’m doing now in between.

I don’t mind if it turns out that way, just thinking ahead…
Yep, I don't do much different now than I did when I was in WLM. I actually prefer EOD rotations and continuing juddd that way gives me a bit more flexibility with both UD and DD calories. You will figure out what works naturally!

Last edited by Flutter; 10-27-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The weight from the weekís festivities is coming off, but I wonder if there will actually be any difference between weight loss and maintenance for me. If I want to eat without thinking about it for holidays and special occasions, the price of that might be that I stick to what Iím doing now in between.

I donít mind if it turns out that way, just thinking aheadÖ
I guess it depends really. I maintain well with 5:2, but I'm back from vacation today and up quite a bit so I will do EOD till I'm back to 122-124 and then back to 5:2.

One day like Thanksgiving will not make me gain enough that I need to go back to WLM. A week long vacation may. I suspect that I will only need a week of EOD to be back at my maintenance weight. We will see. I'm thoroughly pleased to be having a DD today.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I suppose it depends how frequent the UUAA days are! Anyway, it’s flexible enough that if there’s a long run without major feasting, I can go to 5/2 and if there are a few weekends or week-long breaks, then I can do EOD in between. I’d like to go down another 10 lbs or so first, so it’ll be EOD for a few more months.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Thanks Carol...need to know i'm going in the right direction..i just have to be patient...yes a cancer survivor..had 2 stage 4 polyps and 3 stage 3,the doctor couldn't believe it...if i wouldn't of had my colonoscopy when i did i wouldn't be here today.,..i was 6 months away from having the cancer spread through my body...i was very lucky,didn't need any treatments...through an operation they have taken out a couple of feet of intestines...have to go through a colonoscopy every couple of years and i hate it but it has to be done.
YEP! You bet it does, and thank goodness we have the scopes and can survive nowadays!!! I am glad your cancer was found quickly and you didn't have to go through chemo/radiation! My dad went through a very similar situation in his 50s with colon cancer. In fact, the polyp that was positive was so small, the doctor almost didn't mark it during the scope! <shudder> He couldn't believe that tiny of a polyp was cancer, but it surely was. My dad just had his 70th birthday a few weeks ago, hasn't had any recurrances and I pray you don't, either girl!!!! Do you have children? Make sure they get their scopes early!!!! I had 8 polyps my first scope, thankfully none were cancer, but imagine if I didn't have a scope til my 50s, yk? (and I was only in my mid 30s!) Anyways, welcome! Good luck with calorie counting and/or Juddd, or both.

OOoh, awesome that you're noticing health improvements already!

How did your date go? I hope you enjoyed yourself! No big deal if you went over with the wine on your date. 2 UDs never killed anyone with a DD around the corner.

Yep, I don't do much different now than I did when I was in WLM. I actually prefer EOD rotations and continuing juddd that way gives me a bit more flexibility with both UD and DD calories. You will figure out what works naturally![/QUOTE]

Date was very nice, thank you Flutter! But it ended up not being a DD towards the very very end. I was so perfect and ordered beautifully. It all came apart when I took a bite of his dessert that had chocolate, peanut butter and banana in it! Soooo....I flipped things around and today was my DD!

As for dating, I need help. I am so NOT good at this! My social life has been dry like the desert and out of no where, bam. 2 nice men. This never happens to me. I have seen them both twice and now they have both asked for a third. One pulls more of the last minute stuff it seems, and while at times that is ok, I did say no to him this evening. He needs to think I am a little busy on occasion! And I really wanted to be good on my DD. I have been really really bad!

I look back since I started this past week and have definitely not been good with my DDs and the scale is showing it clearly. It is all alcohol related as I got myself doing this dating thing on line and now a days everyone wants to meet for drinks and/or food. Help! I am really tired of hibernating as I did that for long enough to do HCG and get the weight off. But I need to maintain and get off the last 3-5.

Last edited by abs928; 10-27-2013 at 07:10 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies! Happy Monday! I was able to have my first 'real' DD yesterday and boy what a difference it makes! I was down 1.4! Yay I was very tired from not sleeping well the night before and had no appetite. So I only had a few shrimp that I had picked up and definitely stayed around or below 200 calories. Very pleased with the scale and do know this method works if I do what I am supposed to do! Hope you have a great day!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I am hoping for a good DD today.. So far yogurt and coffee.. soup is in my lunchtote for lunch.. grilled Costco chicken patty for dinner.. Now to stick to the plan
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi everyone! I just started JUDDD and did an UD and yesterday was my DD. Today.....no loss. Isn't that strange? I'm doing 1950 UD's and keeping my DD's as low as possible.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Tammy. Congrats on getting through your first DD. It is a little strange that you didn't lose, but it's not that unusual. In fact, it may show up after your UD. A lot depends on what kind of diet you were doing before starting JUDDD too. If you were restricting carbs and you're eating them again, the initial water gain may hide any losses. Don't worry, if you work the program, everything will fall into place.