Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
awww, Thanks. That was taken on a cruise we were on last year..,

didn't mean to post twice.. ugh
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionsmash View Post
Thanks for all the comments. Today is a dd, well about the end of one. Zoodles have been my saviour since I've started JUDDD love love love them, especially with Philedephia cream for cooking Thai green curry. I've even learnt to like black coffee which I drink through the mornings along with heaps if water.

Picked up my bridesmaid dress which was ordered end of July today and it now is too big and will need to be altered I was surprised
I've been loving zoodles for DDs. I haven't seen the Thai green curry Philadelphia cream, but that sounds amazing. I've been having zoodles with light Alfredo sauce and tuna. It's almost like tuna casserole.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abs928
Stats: 175/145/135 in 2010. Current 141.6/137.8/127
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've been loving zoodles for DDs. I haven't seen the Thai green curry Philadelphia cream, but that sounds amazing. I've been having zoodles with light Alfredo sauce and tuna. It's almost like tuna casserole.
What are zoodles? These dishes you guys have mentioned sound yummy but I have never heard of them. I just ordered miracle noodles so we'll see if I like them. If someone can tell me more about zoodles and where to get them, that would be great! Thank you!
abs928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #184

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Love your avi, Brendajm!
Yes, you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs928 View Post
Good morning ladies! Today is my official day 1 with you all and an UP day. Thought I was starting a week ago but had a minor set back and needed to do some correcting as I am coming off of HCG and using JUDDD for my phase 3 maintenance and to loose a few extra pounds. Very happy to be here and a little scared too!

JUDDD worked very well for me in the spring so I am hopeful it will again! My biggest challenge before was I ended up having too many mid days with social stuff. Lets hope I can control that a bit more this time around. The big difference for me now is that I am lighter than I was before, so my calories have changed quite a bit! 1367 for my UP days. The DD were the shocking part and I probably will not try to go crazy with a 20% weight loss number as I am only trying to loose a few more pounds and maintain. I will start around 400-500 depending on my weight moss mode and see how I do. Coming off of hcg, I have that menu down to a science

Have a great day and Happy Wednesday!
Welcome to the wonderful world of JUDDD! You must be quite short to have UD calories of only 1367! That sounds low to me.

I am another convert to zoodles! They are so good! I haven't even had them cooked yet, but will now that it's getting cooler. I've been using them raw with a lemon juice, olive oil, parmesan cheese dressing. Sooooo good!

Zoodles are zucchini that's gone through a spiralizer, so they make these curly noodle shaped pieces. You can spiralize all kinds of veggies and fruits. I've only done the zucchini so far.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elvisfan
Thanks to everyone who posted an encouraging message about the weigh gain from our Disney trip - you were right, after one down day I lost it all plus a bit.

Caroline
Elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #186

Whoopeeeeeee!

Great job!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning ladies....Zoodles...never heard of them either...

My second DD ...didn't do to well with the UD yesterday,.finished my day with over 2,200,way to much munching...munch,munch,munch all day,that's all i did...the weight this morning is to where i started on monday.....so i guess i'll have to try to control my eating also on UD......and it wasn't b/c i was hungry i wasn't ...just a bad habit..and i exercise everyday...i'll have it at one point......not eating this morning...i'm still full from yesterday..

Let's have a great day ladies and gents..

~~~GAETS~~~
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
mmmmm have to try the zoodles with alfredo and tuna - sounds like pure comfort food to me - perfect for a chilly fall night in the northeast!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Actionsmash
Stats: 222/209/187
Start Date: 9/22/13
I use a julienne peeler to make my Zoodles. 63 cals for 2 and probably less since I don't use the seeds. I fry them in pan with a little water, garlic powder, salt and pepper before adding sauce. I've only really been having an evening meal on dd so I usually have enough cals left for whichever sauce I want. The Philly Thai goes liquidy so it's kinda like a laksa with noodles. Yum!!!

So happy I found JUDDD
Actionsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #190

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I did a search for the Thai philly and it looks like we can't get it here.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

I love zoodles. Tuna and Alfredo sounds really good.. Finished my ud at about 1600. I got to get to bed. But my sister just called and has no where to sleep tonight so i am waiting for her to get here. Bf problems again. This time sounds like the end. I hope not as she may be here for a while and hubby won't be liking that and neither will my dds. Ugh
Old 10-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
The big difference for me now is that I am lighter than I was before, so my calories have changed quite a bit! 1367 for my UP days. The DD were the shocking part and I probably will not try to go crazy with a 20% weight loss number as I am only trying to loose a few more pounds and maintain. I will start around 400-500 depending on my weight moss mode and see how I do. Coming off of hcg, I have that menu down to a science

Have a great day and Happy Wednesday!
1367 you must be shorter than I am. I thought I had one of the lower UDs at 1550. I usually fast till evening so I can enjoy a nice dinner and a bedtime snack, that with a few cups of coffee during the day for 100 calories gets me to my number pretty quickly. I do really low DDs so if I want to go a bit higher on UD I can. !
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi everyone!! Got back from my trip to Cayman and I gained 4 pounds...they are coming off again...love JUDDD!!!! I was able to eat and drink without worry and boy did we have fun!!!!! Anyhoo back to rotations...hope everyone is well

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice vacation. I'm away now and suspect I will see some unwanted pounds when I get home, but nothing JUDDD can't take care of.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #195

Welcome back from vaca Kim! How great that you enjoyed your eats/drinks and now JUDDD is taking care of it. I love your new avi by the way - you look wonderful!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
1367 you must be shorter than I am. I thought I had one of the lower UDs at 1550. I usually fast till evening so I can enjoy a nice dinner and a bedtime snack, that with a few cups of coffee during the day for 100 calories gets me to my number pretty quickly. I do really low DDs so if I want to go a bit higher on UD I can. !
Hi Carly, You are the second person to say this so I may need to go and double check as I thought they were low too. I am 5'3 1/2 and just lost my final 20 pounds (out of 50 total) doing HCG...yay!! So this for me is more to maintain and maybe get off another 3 pounds as I am 124 pounds.

Ok, Here is an example of a concern. How in the world do we handle social plans that may creep up on us? Is it mid days or ??? Thanks much!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yes, you look great!

Welcome to the wonderful world of JUDDD! You must be quite short to have UD calories of only 1367! That sounds low to me.

I am another convert to zoodles! They are so good! I haven't even had them cooked yet, but will now that it's getting cooler. I've been using them raw with a lemon juice, olive oil, parmesan cheese dressing. Sooooo good!

Zoodles are zucchini that's gone through a spiralizer, so they make these curly noodle shaped pieces. You can spiralize all kinds of veggies and fruits. I've only done the zucchini so far.
Hi Carol, I think I may need to recheck my numbers for UP days as I agree, they seem too low. I was 20 pounds heavier doing it in the spring and got about 200 more calories on my UP days I feel like.

So it sounds like zoodles are something you make from scratch? I am not sure what a spiralizer is. Sounds very interesting though! I love zuchinni, but need to wait 3 weeks to add in anything that is considered a bit more starchy.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Do you ladies try to do rotations on a vacation?

You make zoodles with a julienne peeler and Zuchinni. Yum.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendajm View Post
I love zoodles. Tuna and Alfredo sounds really good.. Finished my ud at about 1600. I got to get to bed. But my sister just called and has no where to sleep tonight so i am waiting for her to get here. Bf problems again. This time sounds like the end. I hope not as she may be here for a while and hubby won't be liking that and neither will my dds. Ugh
Yikes, sounds rough for your sis right now. I hope things improve quickly and it's wonderful she can stay with you for a short bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
Hi everyone!! Got back from my trip to Cayman and I gained 4 pounds...they are coming off again...love JUDDD!!!! I was able to eat and drink without worry and boy did we have fun!!!!! Anyhoo back to rotations...hope everyone is well

Kim
Happy to hear you had a lovely vaca! Love your new profile pic, adorable!!!

Quote:
Hi Carly, You are the second person to say this so I may need to go and double check as I thought they were low too. I am 5'3 1/2 and just lost my final 20 pounds (out of 50 total) doing HCG...yay!! So this for me is more to maintain and maybe get off another 3 pounds as I am 124 pounds.

Ok, Here is an example of a concern. How in the world do we handle social plans that may creep up on us? Is it mid days or ??? Thanks much!
I am about your stats (suspect I am actually shorter now, probably 5'2" even) and I eat 1850/under 350 for my numbers in maintenance...and I just started losing slowly again. You probably can eat more! As for social plans, it depends on the day. If I know ahead of time, I will fast all day and eat sensible for the occasion. If the food looks like nothing special, just a house salad and cocktail or something. If it truly springs up and I want to indulge, I will do a 2nd UD in a row. No big thing! Just get back to rotations & no harm is ever done. Just enjoy your life & the occasions when they come!

Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Didn't do well on my second day on DD.,...ate 771 calories...too high...i still need to do some adjustments..,.i'll get it,i'm very determine...UD today,still have to control those calories....i'm eating way too much...i'm thinking it's b/c i stopped smoking 1 week ago..doing great with that so i can't complained,one thing at a time....the eating will come..

So most of you's have been on JUDD for more than 6 month and have no problems with this way of eating....well that is terrific...

Have a great day!!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Do you ladies try to do rotations on a vacation?
I tried sticking to my rotations when I went on vacation in August and that lasted about 1.5 days. Being around other people made me feel that I was making them uncomfortable and I was tired of people asking me why I couldn't eat what they were cooking. I did wait until later in the day to eat and I worked out every day. I ate way too much, but I still felt great for getting the exercise in.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #202

Quote:
Hi Carol, I think I may need to recheck my numbers for UP days as I agree, they seem too low. I was 20 pounds heavier doing it in the spring and got about 200 more calories on my UP days I feel like.

So it sounds like zoodles are something you make from scratch? I am not sure what a spiralizer is. Sounds very interesting though! I love zuchinni, but need to wait 3 weeks to add in anything that is considered a bit more starchy.
I did some quick calculations, and even at age 75 I can't get as low as 1367 on UDs. Now, I am NOT saying you are or look 75! I just wanted to see if I could even get it that low at your height/weight. At age 35 you can have 1668/334. And then it adjusts from there. So enjoy some more calories!

Zoodles are from scratch, yes. Check out spiralizers on Amazon. They're not too expensive and are so cool! Zucchini really isn't starchy. It's one of the non-starchy squashes. You can have some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Didn't do well on my second day on DD.,...ate 771 calories...too high...i still need to do some adjustments..,.i'll get it,i'm very determine...UD today,still have to control those calories....i'm eating way too much...i'm thinking it's b/c i stopped smoking 1 week ago..doing great with that so i can't complained,one thing at a time....the eating will come..

So most of you's have been on JUDD for more than 6 month and have no problems with this way of eating....well that is terrific...

Have a great day!!
Hang in there Gaets! It will get easier, I promise! Congratulations on quitting smoking! That is such a wonderful thing to do for your health, and to start an eating plan close to the same time is gutsy!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Congrats Gates

You are a survivor. Just remember that this is a 'piece of cake'
compared to what you have accomplished.

Newbies Keep on, don't be discouraged. I started mid August and
I still don't feel that it is smooth sailing, but I just keep on going. Something
good is bound to happen
Barbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all just a quick hello from Florida, where I am not JUDDDing, but kind of wish I was. I could really use a DD. I don't have DDs when away, because DW would be really PO'ed to sit in a restaurant with me and me not eat. I don't mind drinking a diet coke in a restaurant, but it really bothers DW

When I'm on vacation, but at home (vacation from work) I usually still do my DDs. Now it's a little different since I'm in maintenance. If I was still trying to lose weight I may have thrown a DD or 2 in even on a traveling vacation, but maybe not. I guess it depended how good the food was going to be where ever I was going.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
All our visitors have left now. I’m 3 lb higher than the low before they came. Today will be fairly moderate, then DD tomorrow and back to normal. The funny thing is that I don’t even really enjoy eating so much. I’m looking forward to having a down day again.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
I took a short vacation early on with JUDDD and eod had mostly salads and protein without any "extras" - it wasn't a true DD in calories, but I did eat lighter. I haven't had another vacation since, but will in February. I hope by then to be in maintenance and not sure how that will be - but excited by the thought!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

We'll my dd ended up at about 700!! I am so mad. My fault for drinking a glass of wine with sister last night listening to all her family problems. It was too much to hear and I ended up with another half glass. Ugh. I hope Saturday is easier.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm really having a hard time..it was a UD yesterday..did lower my calories to 1,585 comparing to my first UD which it was over 2,000....my weight is higher then when i started and i've been exercising for the last 2 weeks...

I'm hoping my body will adjust...

DD today...everything is written down,yogurt and grapefuit for breakfast,1/2protein bar for lunch and the other half of dinner with 1 cup of chicken noodle soup...=590
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
All our visitors have left now. I’m 3 lb higher than the low before they came. Today will be fairly moderate, then DD tomorrow and back to normal. The funny thing is that I don’t even really enjoy eating so much. I’m looking forward to having a down day again.
I'm amazed that you're several pounds LIGHTER after having company! And very impressed!

Quote:
We'll my dd ended up at about 700!! I am so mad. My fault for drinking a glass of wine with sister last night listening to all her family problems. It was too much to hear and I ended up with another half glass. Ugh. I hope Saturday is easier.
That's not such an awful DD Brenda, really. And totally understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
I'm really having a hard time..it was a UD yesterday..did lower my calories to 1,585 comparing to my first UD which it was over 2,000....my weight is higher then when i started and i've been exercising for the last 2 weeks...

I'm hoping my body will adjust...

DD today...everything is written down,yogurt and grapefuit for breakfast,1/2protein bar for lunch and the other half of dinner with 1 cup of chicken noodle soup...=590
You will adjust Gaets. I think you might be better off shooting for slightly higher UDs and slightly lower DDs, if you can manage it. The wider the swing in calories, it seems like might be the better.

I just saw in your signature that you are a cancer survivor. I'm so glad you're doing well, and your message is right on!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m afraid it was just my confusing way of expressing it — I’m 3 lbs heavier than before the visitors!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote