Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Welcome to the new folks! I have no doubt you will love it here. Juddd is truly life changing. It has completely enabled me to stop the weight roller coaster of losing, regaining, relosing and is the first time maintenance isn't AS intimidating. I have no doubt you all will be super successful! Keep that great attitude going!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member
 
Actionsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 23
Gallery: Actionsmash
Stats: 222/209/187
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/22/13
Firstly thank you for the encouragement

Secondly, I am loving, loving this. Yesterday was a dd and I wasn't (I need to eat) hungry until I started making dinner at 6pm I am surprised how well I have adapted to the down days. My last couple of up days have been more under control and am eating healthier food than the first few but still have that one little thing that makes me feel naughty

I think the best advise given is about the bounce. I am a scale freak and will weigh every day. Being forewarned about the bounce prepared me and I can happily say I'm bouncing up and down but the morning of each up day I'm down that little bit more I've even started a line graph tracking my weight.

Anyway have a great day all, I'm off onto the treadmill then something yummy for breakfast. I think JUDDD and I are going to get along just fine
Actionsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,166
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Love the way you think, Actionsmash. JUDDD...it's a beautiful thing.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionsmash View Post
Firstly thank you for the encouragement

Secondly, I am loving, loving this. Yesterday was a dd and I wasn't (I need to eat) hungry until I started making dinner at 6pm I am surprised how well I have adapted to the down days. My last couple of up days have been more under control and am eating healthier food than the first few but still have that one little thing that makes me feel naughty

I think the best advise given is about the bounce. I am a scale freak and will weigh every day. Being forewarned about the bounce prepared me and I can happily say I'm bouncing up and down but the morning of each up day I'm down that little bit more I've even started a line graph tracking my weight.

Anyway have a great day all, I'm off onto the treadmill then something yummy for breakfast. I think JUDDD and I are going to get along just fine
Sounds like you are doing great!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member
 
sharkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 935
Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 281/261/???
WOE: hAcg, R1 P2
Start Date: 10/16/14
I'm ready!

I went food shopping after work so I'm good to go with my 1st DD tomorrow. I also bought a kitchen scale...I was giddy as all get out. LOL! You would have thought it was a diamond necklace.
sharkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkini View Post
I went food shopping after work so I'm good to go with my 1st DD tomorrow. I also bought a kitchen scale...I was giddy as all get out. LOL! You would have thought it was a diamond necklace.
You will grow close with your kitchen scale as your JUDDD journey unfolds.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member
 
Elvisfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 781
Gallery: Elvisfan
I'm hanging in there Tomorrow is a dd for me too. It's almost a relief in some way to have it - as much as I enjoy the ud it seems like I'm thinking about food more than I want to.

Hope the day is good for you tomorrow -

Caroline
Elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbWannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 659
Gallery: LowCarbWannabe
Stats: 177.4/174.4/116 (5'1")
WOE: JUDDD
Hello. I'm a newbie too! I started on Monday. So far so good. My first DD went just fine, but my second DD I was a bit hungry. I've noticed that my energy level is low since starting, but I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting to this new way of eating.

Question: Where are people going to graph weight? Is there a website I could do this at?
LowCarbWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
teeingoff17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 186
Gallery: teeingoff17
Stats: 235/184.4/170
WOE: Starting JUDDD 9/30/13 after 3 months Atkins
Start Date: 6-24-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbWannabe View Post
Question: Where are people going to graph weight? Is there a website I could do this at?
I Just use Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheet. Makes it really easy.
teeingoff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member
 
teeingoff17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 186
Gallery: teeingoff17
Stats: 235/184.4/170
WOE: Starting JUDDD 9/30/13 after 3 months Atkins
Start Date: 6-24-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
You will grow close with your kitchen scale as your JUDDD journey unfolds.
My battery died on mine last night At least I had a bar and a shake for an easy DD today...but tomorrow I am going to feel so lost without it until I get a new battery.
teeingoff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,442
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I'm glad to see so many active newbies posting. Being a part of this board has been a huge part of my being able to stick with this. The JBs always have answers when you have questions or concerns.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member
 
Actionsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 23
Gallery: Actionsmash
Stats: 222/209/187
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/22/13
I too am using Microsoft excel for my graph. I'm not sure if there is an online one but excel is quite easy to use.

Last edited by Actionsmash; 10-04-2013 at 03:36 AM..
Actionsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbWannabe View Post
Hello. I'm a newbie too! I started on Monday. So far so good. My first DD went just fine, but my second DD I was a bit hungry. I've noticed that my energy level is low since starting, but I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting to this new way of eating.

Question: Where are people going to graph weight? Is there a website I could do this at?
My Fitbit graphs my weight, but I would use Excel if I didn't have the Fitbit.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,062
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm glad to see so many active newbies posting. Being a part of this board has been a huge part of my being able to stick with this. The JBs always have answers when you have questions or concerns.
Carol is absolutely right. This community is so inspirational and encouraging. Keep posting and of course welcome to all the Newbies.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbWannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 659
Gallery: LowCarbWannabe
Stats: 177.4/174.4/116 (5'1")
WOE: JUDDD
Thanks for all of the replies regarding graphing weight. Today is a DD, but my DH is off work today. I hope I can get through this day without caving and eating out somewhere.
LowCarbWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member
 
Jentastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 'Round here
Posts: 101
Gallery: Jentastic
Stats: 225/160(2007) 208/204/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 10/02/2013
Hi ladies!

I'm giving JUDDD ago for the third time! This time, it's gonna stick! I know I need to low carb but the promise of a smorgasbord of carbs always won out, which led to a swift dieting disaster. So this time I've got my Low Carb rules in place and I'm going to Make It Work™

Today is my third day (UD). DD was a little rough but I managed. The odd part is that last night I told my husband I couldn't wait for today so I could eat my face off, but it's Noon:30 and I still haven't had a bite. Aside from not being overtly hungry, I think I'm partially avoiding it out of fear of literally eating my face off.

Anyway, I'm here and I'm ready to do this!
Jentastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8
Gallery: Dantan
Hi guys,

I'd love to join you if it's okay. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I've already lost 10 off a basic low calorie diet, but I'm becoming a bit bored and getting off plan. Juddd seems like something I could live with. Is anyone interested in buddying up? I find diets work best for me if I have a buddy.
Dantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Dantan! We are all a bunch of juddd buds here!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ailuros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,920
Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
It’s so nice to be able to have a slice of toast for breakfast!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
It’s so nice to be able to have a slice of toast for breakfast!
I hear you! I'm not a toast person per se, but I had done low carb a number of times over the years and missed my carbs so badly! I have not touched a pork rind since I started juddding more than a year and a half ago.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member
 
sharkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 935
Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 281/261/???
WOE: hAcg, R1 P2
Start Date: 10/16/14
I have a question about holiday time, I know it shouldn't be about the food but I'm Italian..haha. Can one have two DD so a holiday can be an UD? Or how do you all adjust it...if you do.
sharkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #52
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,170
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Don't do two DDs. Either do a MD (mid-day = 60% on the JUDDD calculator) after a DD and before the UD (think small, medium, large), or just have 2 UDs in a row and get back to rotations after.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member
 
Actionsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 23
Gallery: Actionsmash
Stats: 222/209/187
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/22/13
2 weeks down

Well that's the two weeks 'induction' done!! 4.4lbs down extremely happy with that. Compared to strict low carb this is a breeze. I will be sticking with the 500cal dd and relook when I stop losing.

Today's an ud woo hoo
Actionsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member
 
abs928's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 249
Gallery: abs928
Stats: 175/145/135 in 2010. Current 141.6/137.8/127
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 2013
Hi everyone. Looks like I am back again! Or at least I will be in a few days after coming off of an HCG round. I was here for a month recently from mid May-June and JUDDD really helped me to maintain. However, I clearly lost my way after a few months and had wayyyy too much fun towards to end of this summer so wanted to get it off really qucikly which fortunately I did. Yay! So I am entering P3 doing JUDDD again. Very excited! I need to continue it as a lifestyle and WOE this time though.

If you don't mind me asking, I forget if you are supposed to start with an UP or DD? Thanks much and hope everyone has been well!

Amy
abs928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member
 
Actionsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 23
Gallery: Actionsmash
Stats: 222/209/187
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by abs928 View Post

If you don't mind me asking, I forget if you are supposed to start with an UP or DD? Thanks much and hope everyone has been well!

Amy
Hi Amy I'm very new to this. I started with an ud. My reasoning is that it would help get through the first dd because you would have a decent amount of 'fuel' to get you through. I could be wrong but makes sense to me
Actionsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abs928 View Post
Hi everyone. Looks like I am back again! Or at least I will be in a few days after coming off of an HCG round. I was here for a month recently from mid May-June and JUDDD really helped me to maintain. However, I clearly lost my way after a few months and had wayyyy too much fun towards to end of this summer so wanted to get it off really qucikly which fortunately I did. Yay! So I am entering P3 doing JUDDD again. Very excited! I need to continue it as a lifestyle and WOE this time though.

If you don't mind me asking, I forget if you are supposed to start with an UP or DD? Thanks much and hope everyone has been well!

Amy
I would start with an UD, unless all previous days have been UDs then it really doesn't matter, but if your diet has been restricted start by having a good UD and welcome!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,901
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Trying again ... First DD tomorrow.
It is going to work for me this time!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 198
Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
It certainly will, Low Carb Librarian!
I whish you all the best!
Monkeypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member
 
sharkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 935
Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 281/261/???
WOE: hAcg, R1 P2
Start Date: 10/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Don't do two DDs. Either do a MD (mid-day = 60% on the JUDDD calculator) after a DD and before the UD (think small, medium, large), or just have 2 UDs in a row and get back to rotations after.
Thanks so much!
sharkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,286
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Trying again ... First DD tomorrow.
It is going to work for me this time!
back!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.