Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm a little scared (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/813195-im-little-scared.html)

Jackie123 09-30-2013 01:41 PM

I'm a little scared

So.... After ranting about losing so little weight in the main Lobby, and receiving some stellar advice from wonderfull people, I have decided to try to combine Judd with nutritional ketosis ( I know my stats say Atkins, but NK fits what I'm doing better.)

I'm afraid that I will be tempted to eat too many carbs on up days. I've already figured that I will be close to twenty total on up days, which is about my cealing. I really can't go higher than that-I'm too metabolically challenged.

But, I think I might be all right as long as I plan my meals carefully. And, what the heck, nothing else has worked very well.

I started today with a down day. I made a whey protein, raw egg, and hwc shake for 149 cals. I'm doing that for bfast and supper. For lunch, I had one spinach and feta chicken sausage with one tbs pizza sauce and one half tbs hwc. That rang in at 193 cals. I also had one other half tbs hwc in my coffee this morning..wait, does coffee itself have calories? Bleep. Well, if it doesn't, or not much, I should come in right at 518, which is what the handy calculator on Dr. Johnson's site said I should be aiming for.

As you can tell, I probobly need help....

Carbs came in today at about 8 total. I'm going to google calories in coffee now. Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Edited to say: it's only one calorie for eight oz! Whew! I'm only two calories over.

Flutter 09-30-2013 02:11 PM

Ah yea, if coffee had calories, I'd be in some serious trouble!!!

You will do great, I'm sure!!! Please don't worry about a few measly calories anyways. It's no big thing, just loose numbers to shoot for...especially starting out! Please holler whenever you have concerns or questions. This is a fabulous board with tons of info & the best people ever. Someone's always around to try to answer ya. (or at least support you, lol!)

I don't count carbs since Juddd'ing so can't help you there. Sounds like you have a great handle on your 1st DD, though! Welcome!

Sirtain 09-30-2013 02:16 PM

Just think of all the lovely extra fat you will be able to have on Up Days!

Glad to see you here, Jackie. Good luck and enjoy.

LoCarbGal 09-30-2013 02:31 PM

:welcome: Jackie! The thing about JUDDD is you kind of have to play around and see what works best for you. You may find, over time, that you can add back in some carbs. I did very slowly and still lost just as well either way. I do feel better when controlling my carbs, but am nowhere near NK levels, or even Atkins Induction, most days. Good luck, and keep posting and reading!

Jackie123 09-30-2013 03:02 PM

Thanks, all! I'm sure that I will be piping back up with more questions soon.
This DD has gone surprisingly well so far. I was a little hungry after lunch, but I'm okay now. My energy level is fine-I was able to keep up with my typical light day excercise with no problem, and so far my concentration has been great.
I'm excited about this.

Librarygirl 09-30-2013 05:42 PM

Great start, Jackie!!:up::high5:

RebeccaLatham 09-30-2013 08:11 PM

I do nutritional ketosis JUDDD, too!