Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
SO frustrated with myself!

I tried JUDDD last year, but starting school, moving out for the first time, and other stresses just sabotaged me. now I'm back at the weight I was last fall. I've been on JUDDD for almost two weeks, but I'm struggling against frustration. I weighed in this morning, after a DD yesterday, and I was 158.6, up .6 from my post-DD weigh in a few days ago! I know these bounces happen, but it's so hard not to just throw in the towel and do what I always do: go on a spurt of over-eating followed by switching to yet ANOTHER diet. Pushing past 160 is almost always my breaking point. Maybe I should only weigh a couple times a month?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
This is my weighing/tracking method.

I weigh daily and track it on a graph, connecting the dots with a light line, making a zig-zag. On top of that line, I track my two day average, with a dark line. This creates a gradually sloping down line(with a few soft bumps) around which my ups and downs 'dance'.

I think it is important to see the ups and downs, and realize they are moving in the right direction. After a while of doing this, I found that going up had no impact on me any longer. It really helped.

I have heard of someone else(maybe Rebecca Latham? can't quite remember) who does this plus her weekly average, which I think is a great idea, I just haven't done it yet.

I recommend this over weighing just a couple-few times per month, because what if you happen to hit one of those days when you are just 'up'? It can be depressing if you are focusing on the ONE number. But when there are a bunch of data points, each one loses it's significance.

However, starting out, it can be hard. Do you have someone at home who can look at the scale for you, and track it, but not show you the numbers for a few weeks? That might be a good fake-out for your mind. And then the first time you look, you would already have some history to temper new numbers.

Good luck! I hope you stick with it.
Sirtain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
I say do whatever it takes to keep yourself on JUDDD - if staying away from the scale would do it - then DO IT! The bounce is going to happen - few, if any, JUDDDers don't bounce.... relax and take a deep breath... you can succeed - you can!!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yes indeed, the bounce can be crazy-making! There's lots of good information to be gleaned from daily weighing, but especially in the beginning, most of us are too close to the situation to really be able to see and take advantage of it. It's more just frustrating.

Please don't give up! If you usually have a rough time around this weight, it's very likely your body is resisting giving up the weight, whether it be fat or water. Just put your head down, press on, and know that in a matter of a few weeks, you WILL be lighter. Trust JUDDD!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elphie124
Stats: 146/133/130ish 5'6"
WOE: JUDDD for loss / eating mindfully for maintenance
Start Date: 7/15/13
All you can do is hang in there! It's hard if you're really driven by immediate results and you're not seeing them - but they will come if you stick with it. If the scale has the power to make you feel bad, I would definitely weigh in less often.

And are you working out? Exercise helps me mentally, so much! I have a more positive mindset about the journey. And it helps me see changes in my body that don't necessarily show up on the scale right away.

Best of luck to you! I know it can be mega frustrating, but time and patience are your best friends in weight loss.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
elphie124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Thanks for the encouragement ya'll! I'm still debating about whether to stay on JUDDD at the moment. I feel SO tired, and I'm wondering if this kind of diet is too strenuous for me. I have PCOS, insulin resistance, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, and I don't need anything else to help wear me out or stress me out. DD's are still really hard, but I'm wondering if I stick with it if it'll help with all of the above issues. Either way, I'm thinking daily weighing is not a good idea, because it always psychs me out, however, weekly averages are a very helpful suggestion.
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
Tomorrow will be one week since I've been on JUDDD and so far I'm up .5lbs however, 2 pairs of my jeans that previously fit or were snuggish are now lose. In other words, don't just rely on the scale. .6 is really nothing and if your body is anything like mine, it's probably harbouring a lot of water. I find the more obsessed we are, the longer it takes because we're actually stressing our bodies. Instead we should embrace and love ourselves and our bodies and just let our bodies release the weight when it's ready. I'm of the believe that our body and sub-conscious knows what's best for us rather than our minds which are tainted by societal and cultural norms...ok now i"m going on off on a tangent so I'll stop. At any rate, hang in there, 2 weeks is really not a lot of time.
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
Also I would suggest that eating mostly proteins on DDs and moderate fat rather than carbs might help get you through the day. Also drink a 1/2 litre of water before and in between meals.
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
Also I would suggest that eating mostly proteins on DDs and moderate fat rather than carbs might help get you through the day. Also drink a 1/2 litre of water before and in between meals.
I'd actually suggest playing around with your macros to find out what keeps you the most satisfied. Some people do very well with mainly protein and fat on DDs, but some of us need bulk, and others, like me, need a good combination of the two. It really is so individual. If I concentrate on just protein, or high fat, I am hungry all day long. When I was starting out, I preferred a small amount of protein with a nice sized serving of a low calorie vegetable. After I'd been doing it for a while, that changed, and I could do with less bulk, but I really needed it in the beginning. Others do great with just liquids all day. Play around with your menus and find what works best for YOU.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sonica
Stats: 280.5/180.0/160
One thing that helps me keep perspective about the bounces, is to look at the last few pages of prior monthly weigh in threads. Then I can see others, who are being successful, and realize that it's truly normal when the scale bounces.

If you look at my weigh in today in the thread, I made a comment about being up after DD's and realizing that it's from my exercising on DD's (new trainer/exercise regimen) and it's frustrating, but I can explore what was different on those days and do more trials next week with exercising on UD's instead.

Not saying that'll work for you, but some additional thoughts
Sonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
That's a really good point Sonica. I'm maintaining and still bounce. We all do, even naturally skinny people, but the daily weigh-in threads really do show just how normal it is.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The daily bounce doesn't rock my world (anymore)

I hope this is helpful, but the juddd buds have already given you great feedback!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
This is my weighing/tracking method.

I weigh daily and track it on a graph, connecting the dots with a light line, making a zig-zag. On top of that line, I track my two day average, with a dark line. This creates a gradually sloping down line(with a few soft bumps) around which my ups and downs 'dance'.

I think it is important to see the ups and downs, and realize they are moving in the right direction. After a while of doing this, I found that going up had no impact on me any longer. It really helped.

I have heard of someone else(maybe Rebecca Latham? can't quite remember) who does this plus her weekly average, which I think is a great idea, I just haven't done it yet.

I recommend this over weighing just a couple-few times per month, because what if you happen to hit one of those days when you are just 'up'? It can be depressing if you are focusing on the ONE number. But when there are a bunch of data points, each one loses it's significance.

However, starting out, it can be hard. Do you have someone at home who can look at the scale for you, and track it, but not show you the numbers for a few weeks? That might be a good fake-out for your mind. And then the first time you look, you would already have some history to temper new numbers.

Good luck! I hope you stick with it.
I love this idea, I've just been weighing every morning of an up day but I think I might start this x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
I track my weight, but it is the LEAST IMPORTANT thing I track! The most important is my body measurements, which I have been doing every morning. I keep them in a chart, which also shows my 7-day average, which takes out all the "noise" of normal body size fluctuations. It also shows me how much body fat I am losing and how much muscle I am gaining.

When I measure and see that my neck, bust, waist, belly, hips, thighs and calves are smaller than the day before, I WANT my weight to be higher than the day before! That shows that I have lost body fat and gained muscle, which is the goal.

You might look at my weight since starting JUDDD and think that I am not doing well, but look at my actual body size in the chart below:

If my body is getting smaller, WHO CARES what the scale says? When I look at myself in the mirror, I see myself getting slimmer. When I put on clothes, they are starting to get baggy. When other people see me, they don't see the number on the scale - they see how small I am.

The scale lies. The only thing that matters is the size of your body. So get out that tape measure!

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote