Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
Thanks ladies!!! I hope it's an adjustment period - I'm going to rid my kitchen of the high cal stuff so I'm not tempted. I started yesterday off good with lower cal foods and for sure I don't have the hunger and can eat very little and feel full (LOVE THAT)- but it was like I was waiting for the evening (because I was saving up the calories) to eat all this yummy stuff even though I wasn't hungry - in fact, I didn't even dinner so I could eat chocolate! I'm really, really worried about how I'm behaving and thinking about food, it's not healthy and I won't be able to lose or maintain my weight. I'm hoping this is temporary because I am coming off a restrictive diet and once I'm used to it that I will settle back down into my normal healthy behaviours - I have to keep reminding myself it hasn't even been a full week!

On the upside, I weighed myself (several times) this morning and I'm down to 156.5 lbs (and 1' from my navel). Obviously this is good but at the same time I hope I don't use this as a free ticket to continue my behaviour - I'm sure I got this great result because I was on starvation mode for 4 weeks and probably threw my body out of whack.

I also came to the realisation that I have more to lose than I thought. I thought by 150lbs I would be rid of the spare tire but having only 6.5lbs to go and still quite a bit of fat on my belly I think I'll be closer to 145lbs to get rid of it and get my body fat% in the mid 20s.

Thank you again - it's so nice having this support system just for my mental sanity if not for anything else!!
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I have been juddding for nearly a year, oceania, and I still find myself drawn to high calorie carbs, nearly every UD. I am making an effort to eat more veggies and lean meats, but I will always save room for dessert. And it won't be low carb!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
Stats: 230 / 199 / 165
WOE: lower/mod. carb my way!
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
Hi allI was at max calories for the day - and then some dark chocolate and then I figured what the hey, I'll finish off a bag of open chips.

this is key for me about a binge type situation going to happen.

DRAW THE LINE!!!!! IT IS THE ''what the hey'' part that nails ya every time.

now if I eat anything over the line, or not in my food groups for lc, or even have some alcohol not planned, I STOP THEN. I also would say--what the hey--I figured I goofed, lost control, failed for the day, so why bother and would keep on going. My personal private excuse to binge out on junk. Yea, I fooled myself for a while, but in the end I had to face it.

a slip is a slip that is usually a choice really that we say, ok a little over is ok.....but then ya gotta draw the line.

stop before the extras get on there it is something I had to work on but in the end--my little eats are little and don't effect me anymore like it used to when I said 'what the hey'. What the hey can add on alot of calories

Hang in there. It is all the stuff we are all working on about ourselves!!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I usually reserve almost all my calories for after 6pm. I have about 60-80 calories worth of creamer in coffees and maybe a 140 calorie yogurt around 1:30pm on UD. Otherwise I save about 1300 for dinner and a bedtime snack. If I ate a 400 calorie breakfast and a 400 calorie lunch I'd be left with about 750 calories by 2pm and that would not work well for me. I'm really rarely hungry for breakfast and only mildly hungry for lunch, but in the evening I get hungry regardless of how much or how little I ate earlier in the day so I mange my calories that way. It takes some trial and error in the beginning so hang in there. The thing with juddd is you can eat whatever you want within your calorie limits. I take Dr. Johnson's words regarding eat what you want "within reason" to mean within your UD limits. I could be wrong, but hope his new book will clarify some of the things that we have not been so sure of.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
this is key for me about a binge type situation going to happen.

DRAW THE LINE!!!!! IT IS THE ''what the hey'' part that nails ya every time.

now if I eat anything over the line, or not in my food groups for lc, or even have some alcohol not planned, I STOP THEN. I also would say--what the hey--I figured I goofed, lost control, failed for the day, so why bother and would keep on going. My personal private excuse to binge out on junk. Yea, I fooled myself for a while, but in the end I had to face it.

a slip is a slip that is usually a choice really that we say, ok a little over is ok.....but then ya gotta draw the line.

stop before the extras get on there it is something I had to work on but in the end--my little eats are little and don't effect me anymore like it used to when I said 'what the hey'. What the hey can add on alot of calories

Hang in there. It is all the stuff we are all working on about ourselves!!
Good advice. Nice to see you, Friend!!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
Stats: 230 / 199 / 165
WOE: lower/mod. carb my way!
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
HI LG! I hope it is all going well for you.

I am finally back on my lc way of life actually losing a bit now LOL

eh, every day I gotta work at it but somehow it is all coming together. I hope you are hanging in there also!!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I usually reserve almost all my calories for after 6pm. I have about 60-80 calories worth of creamer in coffees and maybe a 140 calorie yogurt around 1:30pm on UD. Otherwise I save about 1300 for dinner and a bedtime snack. If I ate a 400 calorie breakfast and a 400 calorie lunch I'd be left with about 750 calories by 2pm and that would not work well for me. I'm really rarely hungry for breakfast and only mildly hungry for lunch, but in the evening I get hungry regardless of how much or how little I ate earlier in the day so I mange my calories that way. It takes some trial and error in the beginning so hang in there. The thing with juddd is you can eat whatever you want within your calorie limits. I take Dr. Johnson's words regarding eat what you want "within reason" to mean within your UD limits. I could be wrong, but hope his new book will clarify some of the things that we have not been so sure of.
I couldn't do this. Not saying that it would not work for scale weight loss, but it would be detrimental to my muscle maintenance, which is more important to me. There is absolutely NO way I could meet my daily protein requirements eating this way. Maintaining my lean body mass is so critical to me, much more critical than the number on the scale, especially as I get older.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejolie View Post
I couldn't do this. Not saying that it would not work for scale weight loss, but it would be detrimental to my muscle maintenance, which is more important to me. There is absolutely NO way I could meet my daily protein requirements eating this way. Maintaining my lean body mass is so critical to me, much more critical than the number on the scale, especially as I get older.
Everyone is so different, so it's great that JUDDD is really flexible. I'm at 23% body fat which I'm pleased with and have about 100 pounds of lean body mass. I'm not muscular per se, but I'm fairly fit minus the loose skin which, short of surgery, isn't going anywhere.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Everyone is so different, so it's great that JUDDD is really flexible. I'm at 23% body fat which I'm pleased with and have about 100 pounds of lean body mass. I'm not muscular per se, but I'm fairly fit minus the loose skin which, short of surgery, isn't going anywhere.
Yes, I'm glad that I have a background in weightlifting and I never took Johnson's advice on calorie intake w.r.t. exercise since it was opposed to everything I've studied over the years. Everyone's goals are very different. I have more than 25 pounds more muscle than you have to maintain according to your stats and am considerably older. So my outlook is probably different. Can't comment on loose skin because I'm fortunate that I don't have that issue.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

One week as passed and I'm really liking this diet but still need to get my head wrapped around not overdoing it on UD. I think because I'm so close to goal and so far losing fairly well, that I'm being more lax on UD but I have no problems on my DD...funny how that is.

It's funny because after an UD I was down to 156.5lbs the next day (Fri), on Saturday I was 155.5lbs (after a dd) but this morning aI was back up 158lbs after a similar UD.

Quote:
I usually reserve almost all my calories for after 6pm.
I actually this this today without planning on it but it worked really well for me so I think I might try that. Even more interesting is that I did a fasted weight training workout this morning (and I go fairly hard) and then I did 30mins of moderate-high intensity cardio followed by 20mins of stretching.

I had about 150 cals around 12-1pm because I was a social setting and couldn't help myself - I was actually very good because I literally just took one bite of each thing I wanted and left it at that. I had a big taco salad around 6:30 that was about 230 cals so I've actually had less than 500! I think I'm going to try this on my next DD. I've already made some low cal/carb spaghetti squash spaghetti for supper on my DDs for the week.

Quote:
That's so amazing!! You should be more than pleased with what you've accomplished - and you did it all your own!! Truly awesome!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
One week as passed and I'm really liking this diet but still need to get my head wrapped around not overdoing it on UD. I think because I'm so close to goal and so far losing fairly well, that I'm being more lax on UD but I have no problems on my DD...funny how that is.

It's funny because after an UD I was down to 156.5lbs the next day (Fri), on Saturday I was 155.5lbs (after a dd) but this morning aI was back up 158lbs after a similar UD.

I actually this this today without planning on it but it worked really well for me so I think I might try that. Even more interesting is that I did a fasted weight training workout this morning (and I go fairly hard) and then I did 30mins of moderate-high intensity cardio followed by 20mins of stretching.

I had about 150 cals around 12-1pm because I was a social setting and couldn't help myself - I was actually very good because I literally just took one bite of each thing I wanted and left it at that. I had a big taco salad around 6:30 that was about 230 cals so I've actually had less than 500! I think I'm going to try this on my next DD. I've already made some low cal/carb spaghetti squash spaghetti for supper on my DDs for the week.

That's so amazing!! You should be more than pleased with what you've accomplished - and you did it all your own!! Truly awesome!
Sounds like you are doing great! It definitely takes some trial and error to figure out what works best for us as individuals. Thanks for the sweet compliment!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
HI LG! I hope it is all going well for you.

I am finally back on my lc way of life actually losing a bit now LOL

eh, every day I gotta work at it but somehow it is all coming together. I hope you are hanging in there also!!
I am hanging in there. I can now wear dresses, and I love the way they fit. That was a goal met. I wore a size 12 dress today, and was in a 18W (tight) when I started. I'm not losing any faster really, but just keeping on, keeping on.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
The calorie numbers on the calculator aren't a 'max' number. More a guideline. I do think however, that as you are so close to goal, perhaps what you're doing is exactly right. You may always fancy high carb goodies, but I bet as you get used to being able to have them, the desire will lessen.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I am hanging in there. I can now wear dresses, and I love the way they fit. That was a goal met. I wore a size 12 dress today, and was in a 18W (tight) when I started. I'm not losing any faster really, but just keeping on, keeping on.
That's awesome, good for you!!! Every time I drop a bunch of weight I go to a second hand store and pick out some nice clothes that fit but are snug and use that as indicator of my weight loss. Just a couple of weeks ago the smallest shirt was loose so I went to the thrift store this past weekend and picked up some "new" clothes that fit but are on the snug side - after this round I will be at my ideal size - whatever that is.

Different brand have such crazy sizes - I'm anywhere from a 5-10 I think I'm about a 7 at this point. None of the jeans I tried on fit but they were all designers - I had to go to a size 10 to get a pair that would fit but funny thing is my other jeans like Ralph Lauren size 8 are loose on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
The calorie numbers on the calculator aren't a 'max' number. More a guideline. I do think however, that as you are so close to goal, perhaps what you're doing is exactly right. You may always fancy high carb goodies, but I bet as you get used to being able to have them, the desire will lessen.
I'm hoping so! Today is a UD so let's see how I am tonight.