Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Wednesday: What's your plan? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/811510-ud-wednesday-whats-your-plan.html)

elphie124 09-04-2013 06:22 AM

UD Wednesday: What's your plan?

Pre-workout - banana
B - coconut greek yogurt w/ raw oats, slivered almonds and shredded coconut, iced coffee w/ almond milk
L - trying to use up what's in my fridge, so a giant salad of randomness: kale, carrot, onion, salmon, barley, mushrooms
D - not sure yet, but I have shrimp and roma tomatos (that I grew - woo!) so I am going to search for a recipe

Snacks - greek yogurt w/ PB2 and sweetener, pink lady apple, and ????

I am braving the waters of eating what the calculator says for working out 3-5 times per week just to see what happens, so 2125 calories. Seems crazy, but if I still lose, hurray! LOL. I like food.

jacquelinejolie 09-04-2013 06:49 AM

You go Amy!!

B: Bacon sandwich w/full fat mayo & 1 slice bread, coffee with lots of cream
L: Kung Pao chicken frozen meal with added chicken, bean sprouts and broccoli, sliced banana with 18% cream and a sprinkle of sugar for dessert
D: Chicken drumsticks, 1-2 potato skins, salad w/half fat greek feta dressing

LoCarbGal 09-04-2013 07:13 AM

Amy, I think it's a great idea to test the waters like that. You'll only know if you try, and it may just stoke your metabolism and allow you to keep your calories higher.

JJ, your menu sounds soooo good!

B: Coffee/HWC
L: ???
D: Vodka gimlet, deviled eggs, steak, green beans
D: BlueBell Homemade vanilla ice cream

Target: 2100ish

elphie124 09-04-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquelinejolie (Post 16589228)
You go Amy!!

Quote:

Amy, I think it's a great idea to test the waters like that. You'll only know if you try, and it may just stoke your metabolism and allow you to keep your calories higher.
Here's to hoping. I figure even in weeks with 4 2125 calorie UDs, I am still averaging 1110 calories per day overall when you factor in exercise cals. If I can't lose on that, then what's the point? :hyst:

jacquelinejolie 09-04-2013 07:42 AM

I think that's right about the metabolism. I was reading on a forum or website or somewhere a few weeks ago about the principles behind "eat more to lose more". There were ladies on there that started out stuck at 1200 a day - every day and working out too. Some were working at getting up over 2500/day and their weight didn't go up. I don't know how accurate that is, but strange things happen sometimes.
I also think our bodies are sneaky. If we don't get enough to eat over longer periods of time, I think we spontaneously restrict every day activity without knowing that we're doing it. I do know that I seem to have quite a bit more energy eating what for me is very high fat and higher calories but I don't have good activity data from before to compare if that's true or just seems true. :dunno:

Dottie 09-04-2013 08:02 AM

B: coffee w/1T heavy cream; 2 revolution rolls(made my way) with butter
D: hamburger on revolution rolls w/onion, cheese, mustard and pickles; roasted zucchini sticks w/heinz 1-carb catsup
S: pork chop; zucchini noodles w/alfredo; salad w/italian

Planelman 09-04-2013 08:11 AM

B: Bulletproof Coffee x2
L: Eggs/Turkey Bacon/Chili/Sour Cream
D: Salad with chicken, feta cheese and a Balsamic mustard vinaigrette
S: HWC w/chocolate protein powder and some whip cream

2312 calories, 179.5g fat/29.3g carbs/141.6g protein (70.3%/5.1%/24.6%)

KeirasMom 09-04-2013 09:16 AM

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee (355)
L: Was going to have a Banh Mi, but I was late to work due to a dr's appt. I may still take my full lunch, or may just run through a drive through and eat at my desk.
D: Rotisserie chicken with Lou's organic horseradish mustard, sliced tomatoes, maybe some crackers and cheese.

There will probably be rum and diet soda in there somewhere. :D

KeirasMom 09-04-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16589521)
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee (355)
L: Was going to have a Banh Mi, but I was late to work due to a dr's appt. I may still take my full lunch, or may just run through a drive through and eat at my desk.
D: Rotisserie chicken with Lou's organic horseradish mustard, sliced tomatoes, maybe some crackers and cheese.

There will probably be rum and diet soda in there somewhere. :D

My co-worker asked if I was having Banh Mi today and told me about a new place closer to work. He asked me to pick him up something, so I'll be having my Banh Mi after all! :jumpjoy:

Dottie 09-04-2013 02:21 PM

They sound really good:)
I had to google it because we don't have anything like that here :laugh:

KeirasMom 09-04-2013 03:27 PM

Well, after all that, I got directions to the new place, figured out change for the meter and how far I'd have to walk, got in my car, got almost to where I needed to find parking, and got turned away by fire trucks, police cars, and news crews. There was a major gas leak and they shut down that whole section of downtown. So I came back to work, asked my coworker what he wanted from my "usual" place which is partway across town, but easy freeway access, and ended up getting my usual. Hehe, guess the new place just was not meant to be for me today.

KeirasMom 09-04-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16590008)
They sound really good:)
I had to google it because we don't have anything like that here :laugh:

I have one for lunch nearly every UD. The calories are even decent enough for the one I get that I could have it on a DD if I skip breakfast. I :heart: Banh Mi! Keira loves them too, and often requests one on the weekends. On the weekends, I'll usually splurge and have rare beef Pho instead, but there are tons of carbs and the calories are higher.

Barbo 09-04-2013 07:38 PM

I too love Bahn Mi

First time I ever saw one was on the Food Network. It looked delicious.
It was made on a food truck and they won the challenge! I love Vietnamese food and go to our little place for Grilled pork/rice noodle/salad bowl with the
Vietnamese style egg rolls. OH YUM. I usually say more salad and no rice
noodle and it's just as good.
I want to talk them into making the sandwiches.