Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Thank you, Babs and Disney!
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #92
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow Rebecca! So much loss and sadness in your life! Saying prayers for peace and strength for you!!! So srry for your loss.
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosejim
Stats: 180/134.6/130
WOE: Atkins not working trying JUDDD
Start Date: April 5, 2013 JUDDD
I'M SO SORRY FOR ALL YOUR TROUBLES...SENDING OUT PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...
rosejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I can't even imagine losing two children and having two siblings fighting disease at such young ages. You've got a lot on your plate.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
What blows to stand up under. My deepest sympathies.

Given the family history with your sisters, do you take coconut/medium-chain triglyceride oil? Or have any interest in that research as it deals with brain function? Aside from the personal sorrow, of losing your sisters as people, it must be frightening to worry about it happening to you as well.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Wow Rebecca! So much loss and sadness in your life! Saying prayers for peace and strength for you!!! So srry for your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosejim View Post
I'M SO SORRY FOR ALL YOUR TROUBLES...SENDING OUT PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I can't even imagine losing two children and having two siblings fighting disease at such young ages. You've got a lot on your plate.
Thank you all very much. After losing two children, it took many years to decide to try to be happy again. Having two wonderful, beautiful grandchildren has gone a long way to making that possible, especially when one of them looks so much like my daughter at that age. They both would have loved their Aunt Emily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
What blows to stand up under. My deepest sympathies.

Given the family history with your sisters, do you take coconut/medium-chain triglyceride oil? Or have any interest in that research as it deals with brain function? Aside from the personal sorrow, of losing your sisters as people, it must be frightening to worry about it happening to you as well.
Yes, I do take coconut oil and MCT oil for the reasons you mention. I have also started a website to gather information about using the same to prevent and treat neurological diseases. Check my signature below to see the website about Alzheimer's disease.

I am also eating this way to prevent ALS, which killed my mother and my grandfather by the ages of 62 and 59.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Rebecca, your story makes me think of my aunt, another strong lady who perseveres in the face of adversity.

She lost her mother in 1983. Four years later she lost her brother (my dad) and her sister within the span of a few months. My dad died unexpectedly of a heart attack at the age of 56, and my aunt of thyroid cancer after a long battle.

Eight years ago, her 36 year old son died unexpectedly of a heart defect no one knew he had. This was the day before his second child was born. 1 year ago this Friday, her 47 year old daughter died from complications of Lupus.

She has 3 young grandchildren, all of whom are being withheld from her by vindictive ex-son and -daughter in laws. She battles for any contact with them at all.

I wonder at her strength in going on EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don't know that I could. She is all alone in the world, save her nieces and nephews who love her very much, and my mom - her sister-in-law - who has known and loved her since she was 8 years old. But we are all far away in distance.

You and she are two of the strongest people I have ever known. Remember how proud your children would be, and are, of you every day.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I can't imagine the pain that your family has gone through and is still going through. My deepest sympathies.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Rebecca

You are admired by all of us here.
We feel your strength through the sharing of your life's story.
May the lord bless you and keep you strong.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Barb!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jrudq
Stats: 165/146/135
WOE: 5:2 now JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Rebecca,

First and foremost, I am sorry for your troubles. I know how difficult it can be to lose loved ones and care for those who are sick or dying. It is a strain, to say the least. And that stress manifests itself in many many ways.
You have gotten a lot of wonderful advice from some awesome women who have really made this WOE work for them. I admire each and every one of them. After not being able to lose weight in any traditional calorie restrictive manner, I tried 5:2, learned about JUDDD and started it. Ultimately, the deprivation was too much for me. I was starving and obsessive about food. And struggled adjusting to UDs. BUT, I do think it reset things for me on some level. Since that time, I have switched over to a straight 1200 calorie diet and it has been really, really, easy. And I will stay on this until I get closer to maintainance and then I will be back. It is part of my plan long term.
I firmly believe that this WOE is effective and will work, just not right now in my journey. I know I stand alone here, and I do not have nearly the expertise of others, but have you thought about taking a break? Trying something else? If you have already ruled this out - I get it. Just my one cent...
I wish you the very best and strongly encourage you to keep taking care of yourself...you have so much on your plate.
jrudq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for your thoughts and comments!

I am actually doing much better than I was when I first started this thread. I have increased my DD food to 500 calories, high fat, moderate protein and very low carb, and my UD food is now 1810 calories with the same breakdown.

One of the reasons (I guess the main reason) I started JUDDD in the first place was because I could not take having to eat a small amount every day. Even eating 1400 calories per day seemed like such a small amount of food that I was feeling deprived and somewhat hungry on a daily basis.

Now, I get to eat so much every other day that it makes the DD easier to tolerate, especially since raising it to 500.

I'm glad that you are feeling happy with the new way you are eating! It just goes to show that we are all different.

All the best to you!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Oh Rebecca ... your daughter is beautiful and looked just like you. I'm sorry you've been through so much.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Rebecca I'm so glad you were able to make the decision to be happy again. I can't begin to imagine what your life must have been like, so full of loss and illness. Your positive attitude and determination are amazing and I wish you a successful and happy future.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Oh Rebecca ... your daughter is beautiful and looked just like you. I'm sorry you've been through so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Rebecca I'm so glad you were able to make the decision to be happy again. I can't begin to imagine what your life must have been like, so full of loss and illness. Your positive attitude and determination are amazing and I wish you a successful and happy future.
Thank you, ladies, for your warm thoughts.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I absolutely cannot imagine the strength it must have taken you to get up every day and start taking care of yourself again. I am so happy to hear you have grandchildren that bring you joy and happiness now. My prayers are with you & yours.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
An aunt of mine lost 2 children as well - one through backcountry skiing in an avalanche and one through drowning. She's such a wonderful woman. And truly knows the ephemeral nature of life - just doesn't sweat the small stuff anymore.
So much of what we talk about here with calories and all that jazz is just so much small stuff. Maybe it's a way to try to maintain control in a world where it often feels like we have none?
I can't imagine the heartbreak you must have gone through.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I absolutely cannot imagine the strength it must have taken you to get up every day and start taking care of yourself again. I am so happy to hear you have grandchildren that bring you joy and happiness now. My prayers are with you & yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinejolie View Post
An aunt of mine lost 2 children as well - one through backcountry skiing in an avalanche and one through drowning. She's such a wonderful woman. And truly knows the ephemeral nature of life - just doesn't sweat the small stuff anymore.
So much of what we talk about here with calories and all that jazz is just so much small stuff. Maybe it's a way to try to maintain control in a world where it often feels like we have none?
I can't imagine the heartbreak you must have gone through.
Thanks, Ladies!

It is hard sometimes to care about my weight, especially when I go to take care of my sister.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Precious Rebecca, I am so very, very sorry to hear of your losses of your beautiful children and the illnesses that your sisters are going through. It must be devastating to have so much on your plate. There is much love for you here in this special support community that we enjoy. This safe and wonderful place can be such a comfort to us with the struggles we have.

Hugs and love to you!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
Precious Rebecca, I am so very, very sorry to hear of your losses of your beautiful children and the illnesses that your sisters are going through. It must be devastating to have so much on your plate. There is much love for you here in this special support community that we enjoy. This safe and wonderful place can be such a comfort to us with the struggles we have.

Hugs and love to you!

Kimmie
Thank you, Kimmie! I appreciate your warm sentiments!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Rebecca, I haven't tried this little acidic hack I ran across today, but it sounds sort of promising?

Increased hunger and blood sugar problems AFTER PROTEIN with low fat...a solution
Old 09-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

I am on my way to bed, so I can't read this right now, but I did glance at the first post, and it seems to be talking about eating low carb and low fat, which I do not do. Does it go into anything else besides low fat?

I'll try to read more in the morning. Thanks for the link!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Yes, it's more about the use of acidic food to assist with hunger suppression and glucose stabilization. No idea if that works or not but dill pickles are pretty yummy.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jrudq
Stats: 165/146/135
WOE: 5:2 now JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Rebecca - I am glad to hear you have worked things out and the program is working for you. I wish you the best of luck.

REALLY interesting article! Thanks for the link. More to think about...And I LOVE pickles!
jrudq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrudq View Post
Rebecca - I am glad to hear you have worked things out and the program is working for you. I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks! Right back atcha!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
/

Last edited by oceania; 09-22-2013 at 07:11 PM..
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote