Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks Melinda, I had to own up to behaving badly...again! But my life is wonderful so I mustn't moan.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm pretty surprised that I've been back at 5:2 for a while and still holding at 123.5 as my high bounce. Saturday was an eating bonanza...

But today was a refreshing DD and soon it will be time for my bedtime snack.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Carly, you're doing so well maintaining, such an inspiration!

I tried 4:3 but the ounces started creeping up, and those turn into pounds so quickly. So, went back to EOD and discovered sirtuins again. I guess my metabolism is different and requires the extra DD's. Am thinking I'll have to stay on rotations to keep my weight down. I'm grateful to have the option, that's for sure.

Not to frighten anyone, I'm a special case - very small (4'6"), post menopausal and on medication that causes weight gain. Even against those headwinds, I'm thinner than I was in Jr. High and High School, thanks to JUDDD! It's such a blessing to have a tool that really works after so many decades of searching.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Kissa - you look adorable! Have fun on your travels.

We are now home after 7 weeks of wandering. Trying to get 4 pounds off, but too many welcome back todos! That should stop after tomorrow....

Hugs
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Can someone please tell me how to get through a down day? I'm on my 3rd attempt and was doing really well staying under 500 cal until about 7pm grrr. I really want to make this work!
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
I guess you just have to get to the point where your will power can get you through. One thing that has helped a lot of people has been to hold off on eating until as late in the day as you can. I had a lot of trouble at first, but then I started eating later and later. I now skip breakfast all together, and eat lunch around 2 pm. That way, I get to eat more at lunch and dinner, instead of having a really small amount of food three times per day.

Personally, I do JUDDD high carb, moderate protein and very low carb, even on my DDs, and that helps me with hunger. I feel that if I ate higher carb and lower fat on my DD, I would be hungrier, because the carbs would cause me to want to eat more.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Today is the last day with my younger sister who has Alzheimer's. For those who may not know, I spend 3.5 days out of every 14 days taking care of her at her home which is a 2.5-hour drive. It is very stressful here, to say the least.

My first day here was Saturday (Up Day) and I tracked and did fairly well, overeating 158 calories. Sunday was a Down Day, and I stuck to my plan. Today was an Up Day, and I started well, but disintegrated into an eating binge in the late afternoon and on into the evening, eating so much that I am mildly sick to my stomach, but still continuing to eat more. It was all stress related, and I kept telling myself that eating something would not solve the problem, but I did it anyway, to try to soothe myself in this horrible situation.

Tomorrow is a Down Day, and I will not eat until afternoon. I will be traveling home by car for 2.5 hours and I will stop at the halfway point to get an unsweetened iced tea to help keep me awake for the drive.

For the vast majority of the time, I only sort of binge eat when I am at my sister's house, due to the stress here. It is hard watching my sister fade away and die, and I eat to (supposedly) make myself feel better.

On the positive side, my weight is still trending down, even though I do a slight binge every other weekend, so maybe I should try not to worry about it so much. But the hard part is that I am only home for ten days before I am on my way back here.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to switch my rotations so that I have one Up Day and two Down Days while I am here instead of two Up Days and one Down Day. That way, I will have only one chance to stress eat while I am here instead of two chances. I don't think that it is realistic to try to eat perfectly on two Up Days while I am here. At home, I weigh and measure everything I eat, and it is not easy to do when meals are being cooked for me here.

And I know that it is bingeing, because I have the thought of, "I know I will not be eating tomorrow, so I better eat all I can today."

When this is all over, when I am no longer caring for my sister and spending so much time away from home, it will be more natural to track my food and eat what I am supposed to eat.

I guess I should try to relax and not worry so much. It's hard to do that, though.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm pretty surprised that I've been back at 5:2 for a while and still holding at 123.5 as my high bounce. Saturday was an eating bonanza...

But today was a refreshing DD and soon it will be time for my bedtime snack.
Carly, I love hearing this, and you really give me hope for how I will be able to navigate maintenance once I get there. I hope I have as much luck with 5:2 as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
Can someone please tell me how to get through a down day? I'm on my 3rd attempt and was doing really well staying under 500 cal until about 7pm grrr. I really want to make this work!
I agree with Rebecca, delaying eating as far into the day as possible, and eating a decent dinner really gets me through. Plus, once I've gotten to 7:00 and have deprived myself all day long, there's no way I'm going to blow it at that point. Too many hours of "work" to throw away on a craving when I'm that close to the end of the day.

Seabreezes, only 4 extra pounds after 7 weeks away? You're amazing!

Rebecca, I hate that you have this stress so regularly. I think you're doing fantastic controlling your eating to the extent that you do under the circumstances, and like you said, you are still trending down. Take care!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:37 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
I agree with the others. If you could hold off on eating until later in tge day that might help you battle the DD these first few weeks until the JUDDD manage starts to kick in. Try drinking plenty of fluids and you might want to consider, if you haven't done so already eating more protein based meals on your DD. Best of luck to you.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
I eat breakfast or have BP coffee daily because I found if I fasted all day that I was starving in the evening, whereas eating small amounts every five or six hours worked for me.

Different things work for different people. You will just have to experiment.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Hi Gilly. I had trouble adjusting too, and what I have done is eat a small meal at lunchtime (for me, 2 pieces of lean turkey, laughing cow cheese, dill pickle...spread cheese on turkey, add a slice of pickle, roll up and eat...you can make it about 4 pieces!), celery as a snack in the afternoon (you can eat a LOT of celery for 10 calories), chicken broth with 1 teaspoon of Salsa con Queso (delicious!) stirred in for 15 calories...then a decent meal of about 200-300 calories, depending on what I had during the day. Oh, and I never have skipped coffee w/cream in the mornings. I just figure in the cals.

Last night I had 2 cups of angel hair coleslaw (available in the bagged salad section of the grocery store), 1 ounce of pork sausage fried in it's own fat, onion and a triangle of LC cheese to make a delicious 200 calorie meal. There's tons of suggestions in the DD recipes section.

I have also upped my DD calories from time to time when I felt too hungry to eat 500 or below. That is perfectly acceptable too. Good luck!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
I love hearing this. Now that I am finally believing that I will be able to get down to the weight I want, it is heartening to feel I will be able to STAY THERE, too!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Carly, you're doing so well maintaining, such an inspiration!

I tried 4:3 but the ounces started creeping up, and those turn into pounds so quickly. So, went back to EOD and discovered sirtuins again. I guess my metabolism is different and requires the extra DD's. Am thinking I'll have to stay on rotations to keep my weight down. I'm grateful to have the option, that's for sure.

Not to frighten anyone, I'm a special case - very small (4'6"), post menopausal and on medication that causes weight gain. Even against those headwinds, I'm thinner than I was in Jr. High and High School, thanks to JUDDD! It's such a blessing to have a tool that really works after so many decades of searching.
I'm sorry to hear 4:3 didn't work for you, but as you say you are small and on medication. My hope is to do 4:3 starting in October as I want to have the same days of the week as my U and D days. I do better with structure. I am near goal, but don't mind getting there a bit slower with 4:3. At least I hope my plan works!

Congratulations on being thinner than when in Jr and High School!! Juddd is amazing!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I have two competing fantasies, of what my maintenance will be like.

First, that I will switch to 4:3 and happily discover that I am still losing weight. Not a lot, just a little, but since I'm PERFECT, I switch to 5:2 and find that holds me steady, even when it is 5.5:1.5 sometimes.

Second, that I find keeping to an every-other-day schedule is just nicer for me mentally, so I keep on with ADF, but I up my Down Day calories so that about half of the time I am still eating a lovely 'real' dinner. Then, every once in a while, I find that, whoa! I've gone down a few pounds, and I have to FORCE myself to eat a little more over the next few weeks.

As you can see, I have a fertile imagination! Who knows what it will really be like, but a girl can dream.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

I find that I am losing about the same with 4:3 as eod. Which is, not a lot, but I may as well do 4:3 lol. Every other week is 4:3 anyway, eod.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Rebecca, I hate that you have this stress so regularly. I think you're doing fantastic controlling your eating to the extent that you do under the circumstances, and like you said, you are still trending down. Take care!
Thanks so much! I am back home and just had a large bowl of homemade coleslaw, and that will hold me over till dinner, when I get to have a large grass fed ground beef patty with sea salt and garlic powder.

On the way home, I stopped at a state park and took an hour long walk through the woods on a path, just to decompress a little bit and it did me a world of good!

Right before that, I stopped to get my "travel treat" that keeps me from falling asleep at the wheel on my long drive. I asked if there was sweetening in the tea that I had gotten a few days before, and it turned out that when they offered to put a little vanilla flavoring in the tea, it came along with 19g of sugar! I had no idea there was sugar in the drink I was drinking. I will be more careful in the future and will ask to see the nutritional info on anything they want to add to my unsweetened drink!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post

First, that I will switch to 4:3 and happily discover that I am still losing weight. Not a lot, just a little, but since I'm PERFECT, I switch to 5:2 and find that holds me steady, even when it is 5.5:1.5 sometimes.

Second, that I find keeping to an every-other-day schedule is just nicer for me mentally, so I keep on with ADF, but I up my Down Day calories so that about half of the time I am still eating a lovely 'real' dinner. Then, every once in a while, I find that, whoa! I've gone down a few pounds, and I have to FORCE myself to eat a little more over the next few weeks.

As you can see, I have a fertile imagination! Who knows what it will really be like, but a girl can dream.
OMGosh! I could've written this! It's exactly the two "visions" I have of my maintenance. I'm still months away from it, but I'm already planning, contemplating, and really anxious and optimistic (for the first time EVER) that I'll be able to maintain and not gain back all my hard won losses.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #258
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

Quote:
OMGosh! I could've written this! It's exactly the two "visions" I have of my maintenance. I'm still months away from it, but I'm already planning, contemplating, and really anxious and optimistic (for the first time EVER) that I'll be able to maintain and not gain back all my hard won losses.
I keep trying new things in maintenance, and so far everything I've tried has worked just fine, as long as I pay attention and don't go overboard too often. I hope it works as well for each of you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Well I have been losing for a couple wks and got up this morning to a 1lb gain!! I went walking yesterday as I have been doing for a few weeks!! I haven't changed my carbs so I guess I will just have to wait it out!!!! The weather is getting colder here but its to be expected in Montana!!!
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thanks Melinda, I had to own up to behaving badly...again! But my life is wonderful so I mustn't moan.
Yes, your life does sound wonderful with all the travel and holidays. I want to be you when I grow up.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I've had people at work remark (slyly), about how does one keep off the weight that they lost? Seems they all expect me to regain, but that was months ago and they see that I'm still at it after a year. The truth of the matter is, I've been maintaining as I lose every few pounds down, and I like the way I'm looking now---I can wait to get to where I intend to end weight loss. I think it would have been traumatic if I had lost quickly, for me, and other problems may have happened as well, so I've begun to look at this slow ride as a positive one.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 09-24-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I keep trying new things in maintenance, and so far everything I've tried has worked just fine, as long as I pay attention and don't go overboard too often. I hope it works as well for each of you!
I started maintenance with 4:3, then went to 5:2 for about 4 months. Went back to WLM, lost 5 more pounds and love EOD rotations. I felt great. Went back to 5:2 for the last 3-4 weeks and love that too.

I'm trying to get more consistent with running on my elliptical. I really feel great when I do it, but when my arthritis is acting up I don't feel motivated to just do it. Once I'm doing it I run my 2 miles in less that 13 minutes so it's not a big commitment, but sometimes the aches and pains deter me. I want to get up to 3 miles in 16 minutes so I need to stick with it.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 09-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

That's awesome Carly! Is DW still doing the JUDDD/exercise with you? I am trying to get BF more active and less on the sugar. He is slim, but has a bit of a stomach and I'm sure it's from all the regular sodas he drinks.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

No not JUDDDing as far as I can tell. She was still walking with me a couple times a week, but right now her asthma is out of control. She hasn't gone to work this week and is on mega doses of prednisone, antibiotics, inhalers and breathing treatments. JUDDD helps her asthma, but... What can I say. I could say a lot believe me, but I choose not to and just lead by example (and say prayers, she needs to get her health in order.)
Old 09-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

I know it's frustrating, but I guess we can all look at where we came from. I stayed overweight (obese) for over 10 years because I couldn't begin to figure out how to lose the weight. More than that, I wasn't ready mentally. It just takes getting to the right place, or it doesn't stick. I hope DW can find a way to control her asthma, if not through Juddd.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
No not JUDDDing as far as I can tell. She was still walking with me a couple times a week, but right now her asthma is out of control. She hasn't gone to work this week and is on mega doses of prednisone, antibiotics, inhalers and breathing treatments. JUDDD helps her asthma, but... What can I say. I could say a lot believe me, but I choose not to and just lead by example (and say prayers, she needs to get her health in order.)
Tell M I miss her and hope she feels better ASAP. Oh & tell her I'm going to kick her butt when she gets back.

Just keep being the example that you are for so many of us Carly. She'll come around and hopefully want to kick Asthma in the butt.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I'm sorry to hear 4:3 didn't work for you, but as you say you are small and on medication. My hope is to do 4:3 starting in October as I want to have the same days of the week as my U and D days. I do better with structure. I am near goal, but don't mind getting there a bit slower with 4:3. At least I hope my plan works!

Congratulations on being thinner than when in Jr and High School!! Juddd is amazing!
Thank you, Goner I'm amazed every day by it!!

Glad to hear you're near goal, yeah Yes, the same days of the week for U and D days are very nice, Carly has done well with it; hopefully it'll rock for you too
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, I agree with you that slower may be better, especially as we near goal. My intellect agrees with that. My impatient soul wants it now though!

Carly, I hope Chelly can get her asthma under control and feels better soon!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:

I'll take either of those scenarios - but think I prefer #1! I think I need to adjust my thinking though - as sometimes my mind is telling me maintenance means no more dieting... as in eating whatever whenever kind of no dieting! That will spell disaster, obviously. I need to start believing I have an eating plan for life that will be tweaked when necessary, but never abandoned. This thinking comes from too many years to count of going on a diet, then going off a diet. I hear myself saying "eating plan for life" - but so far I'm faking it till I make it... I must try harder to believe!

Last edited by Goner; 09-26-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I'll take either of those scenarios - but think I prefer #1! I think I need to adjust my thinking though - as sometimes my mind is telling me maintenance means no more dieting... as in eating whatever whenever kind of no dieting! That will spell disaster, obviously. I need to start believing I have an eating plan for life that will be tweaked when necessary, but never abandoned. This thinking comes from too many years to count of going on a diet, then going off a diet. I hear myself saying "eating plan for life" - but so far I'm faking it till I make it... I must try harder to believe!
You are absolutely correct about needing to be in the mind set of "an eating plan for life" but with that said, JUDDD maintenance has been a true joy. I feel like I have the best of all worlds: no food group is off limits, I only need 2 DDs per week, but I still get to enjoy DDs with the super energy and appetite suppression that lingers during my UDs.

DW is getting better. She sees her MD tomorrow and is hoping to return to work on Monday.

TOM showed up out of the blue this morning. I was not expecting it in the least. Thursdays I work 8am-7pm so I am really tired and blucky ( blah and yucky). I normally get very bloated before TOM, but was holding 122.2 I will be interested to see what happens when TOM is over because I usually drop, but that is from a bloated 126 to a non bloated 122