Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Thanks girl! I hadn't thought of before/after stuff. I'll have DH snap something soon and try to find a before one. (I don't have many, though...and probably none with just me in them)

Love yours, too! Congrats on the new internship! Working on your master's? I miss those days. (Yes, I am a crazy person that loved college) Have fun with group & family work! Miss that, too!
Thanks! I have my masters, but I'm going for my licensure in Marriage & Family Therapy. I'm just starting my third year for my PHD which is going to take about 10 years because I cannot even attempt to do that full time right now. I love the family work and I wish their were more opportunities for it outside of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Cool, I'm sure you'll like it. You didn't want to do part at the clinics? How many family or couple cases will you have to carry?
I'm going to try and do the clinic so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't need any more individuals. I already have that where I am. I only need two or three families/couples.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

I made the executive decision to have a UD today, instead of a DD. I might start doing MWF DDs and TTHS UDs for a couple of weeks to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, then I might keep doing it...if it's worse, then I won't. I can't even hope for better!
Sunday would be a MD or an UD? Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes. I'm hoping DW will do MWF DDs since right now she's on again off again. Beside weight loss it really helps her asthma.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

I am most definitely going to have a conversation with Chelly today.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Rebecca I am so pleased you made the right choice and even lost inches. You deserve it, you work so hard at this.
Well, you can be displeased with me now, because yesterday, I ate every carb-laden thing I could get my hands on and gained 3 pounds, many inches and raised my body fat percentage by 1.4 percentage points.

Back to the grind today. 500 calories of high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #155
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I am most definitely going to have a conversation with Chelly today.
I hope you will. I know she packed a DD lunch and said she felt really good yesterday after our 1 hour walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
Well, you can be displeased with me now, because yesterday, I ate every carb-laden thing I could get my hands on and gained 3 pounds, many inches and raised my body fat percentage by 1.4 percentage points.

Back to the grind today. 500 calories of high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.
You know those 3 pounds are just water. You can not really gain many inches (of fat) from 1 day of over eating.

I am welcoming my DD today. I feel kind of bloated this morning so anticipate having the DD pee pees all day.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
You know those 3 pounds are just water. You can not really gain many inches (of fat) from 1 day of over eating.
Well, it was two days of overeating, and my experience in the past has been that it can takes weeks for whatever that weight is made out of to go back away.

And, as I always say, water fat looks just as fat as fat fat.

Today, I am going to try to hold off eating anything until as late as possible. The only thing I have had this morning was my daily two teaspoons of cod liver oil. I brought 1.7 ounces of canned salmon to work with me in case I actually start feeling sick or weak. I'm going to try to not eat until I get home around 1:30 pm, or longer if I can.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Well, it was two days of overeating, and my experience in the past has been that it can takes weeks for whatever that weight is made out of to go back away.

Today, I am going to try to hold off eating anything until as late as possible. The only thing I have had this morning was my daily two teaspoons of cod liver oil. I brought 1.7 ounces of canned salmon to work with me in case I actually start feeling sick or weak. I'm going to try to not eat until I get home around 1:30 pm, or longer if I can.
Eh, it happens. It's life. I've not been doing my normal "strict" rotations lately and I'm up a bit, too. I'm not going to sweat it, though. I know a couple good rotations will get me back on track. As long as we GET back on track, all is well eventually. You know what to do, and you'll do it!

Carly, I wondered where Chelly's been. Hopefully her DD will be easy peasy!

Lisa, ooh, 3 years in to your doctorate? How exciting! I am very jealous indeed!!! Right now I have a very bad case of "the grass is greener" syndrome going on. I sure miss working. (but I do so love being home with the kids, too)

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #158
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Lisa and Melinda - lovely new avis!

Cindy, I hope your new rotation schedule works for you. What will you do on Sundays? Or did I miss that part?

Rebecca, you may be surprised how quickly the extra weight/inches come back off. JUDDD seems to be particularly magic in that way.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Love the avi too, Lisa!! I don't know how I missed that.

LCG, I think I'm going to do T, TH, Sat. & Sun. UDs. I'll see how it works out. I'll be doing that this week, and I did it last week, so I should be able to deduce something (concerning how well or not well it works) by next week.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Rebecca, you may be surprised how quickly the extra weight/inches come back off. JUDDD seems to be particularly magic in that way.
Obviously, I hope you're right about that!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #161

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lisa, Melinda, loving the now slimmer faces. Lisa you have a lot on just now, don't exhaust yourself and remember how important it is to get enough good sleep.

Hope the Sirtuins work for you Rebecca...

Enjoyed my DD today, I didn't like my image at the gym this morning.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much ladies!

Today I had a little setback. Found out I have to go off birth control because my blood pressure was insane. Of course the day I have to go for a blood pressure check to continue a prescription is the day I wake up feeling crappy and out of sorts. I'm not even upset about going off the pill because I've always hated it, but I am worried about cysts.

On a bright note, my Doctor was excited about the weight loss and informed me that her husband is JUDDDing. So happy to get the seal of approval from her.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Whoa, Lisa, how cool your doc's hubby is on the plan! I'm sorry your b/p was running high, though. Hopefully that'll come back down quick, though. Huge hugs to you!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

It might look the same, temporarily, but it doesn't stay on the body the same. You can get rid of that water "fat" overnight, just as you gained it.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
it's almost 2 a.m. and i'm wide awake Guess this is why I need to cut the junk from my diet! I'm going into a DD so hopefully I can flush out the bad stuff with tons of water today. Won't be able to make it to the gym unfortunately due to a never-ending fight w/ the cable company. Annoying. And my allergies are kicking my butt, despite me getting an air purifier on Friday. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day/night!
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #166

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wise words, Cindy.

Another gym session toady, this body need firming up.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Today marks me being back 21 days and today I finaly got back below 300lbs
well 299.4lbs is below 300. I have a Dr's apointment today and realy don't know
how to handel it. I expect he will comment "you have lost 6 lbs" should I tell him
realy I gained another 12lbs and then lost 18lbs. I realy hate Dr. apointments and
usualy eat more the day I have but today is a UD so this works out ok. Golden Corral
here I come
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

You could reveal that to the Dr., EW. Or, you can take the praise as you earned it and keep going. Whether you've gained and lost again or not, you're still doing the right thing.

I'm a little angry at myself because I haven't been consistently sticking to my numbers. I have had UDs close to 3000 more often than they have been close to 1800. It's a wonder I haven't gained more than I have. I don't know how I can manage DDs, yet cannot control my UDs. I don't binge, but I eat too often, snack, and before I know it I'm over my limit. Sometimes with only one small "real" meal all day. I've got to cut out the junk, but I have to get rid of the mind set that it is dieting only every other day, because really it isn't. I can't keep bad habits and expect eod to actually do enough for me to lose weight.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

I'm a little angry at myself because I haven't been consistently sticking to my numbers. I have had UDs close to 3000 more often than they have been close to 1800. It's a wonder I haven't gained more than I have. I don't know how I can manage DDs, yet cannot control my UDs. I don't binge, but I eat too often, snack, and before I know it I'm over my limit. Sometimes with only one small "real" meal all day. I've got to cut out the junk, but I have to get rid of the mind set that it is dieting only every other day, because really it isn't. I can't keep bad habits and expect eod to actually do enough for me to lose weight.
I actually made it to maintenance eating just like you describe here so it is possible.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

LG- if you could do 2,600/200 you might still lose. It would be slow, but should have you at a deficit
Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

It's a good idea, Carly. I like your and Adi's way of thinking! I will have to plan on much lower DDs, so that I can continue to enjoy my UDs so well.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Well, after my carb-fest on Sunday, I had a DD yesterday and ate 525 calories. It was going to be only 500, but at bedtime, I took a vitamin, and it got stuck in my throat! I had to eat a couple pork rinds to knock it the rest of the way down, as water was not doing the trick!

The day before my carb-fest, my waist was 30-5/8". The day after, it was 31-1/2". This morning, after my DD yesterday, my waist is only 30-3/8". That is just unbelievable! It was as though that horrible day never happened!

My body fat percentage did good, too, from 33.6% to 35% and then down to 33% this morning. I am amazed. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Today is an UD, and I will be carefully tracking again.

Oh, and yesterday, for the first time on a DD, I tried not eating until the afternoon. I was working until then, and I thought I would be too hungry to work, especially after the carb-fest the day before, and I took some canned salmon with me in case I couldn't manage my hunger.

But I did not eat it until I got home. I was a little hungry, but not terribly so. I think I'll try that again tomorrow. It was nice to get to eat a little larger lunch and dinner instead of eating a tiny breakfast, tiny lunch and tiny dinner.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
So happy for you Rebecca - you have the JUDDD magic, back to your numbers so quickly. I am finding that I enjoy a larger dinner rather than eat breakfast and lunch on DDs. It was not that way when I started JUDDD - I felt I needed to eat small meals all day to keep my energy up, but no longer.

LG - I feel for you on the calories on an UD. I tend to go higher than I'd like if I let my mind think "today I'm not dieting." It's not a good thought for me. I know I can change my thinking and hopefully my actions will follow. I try to think on an UD that - Today's the day I can eat more healthy foods that satisfy me for tomorrow's DD. I also plan for about 200 calories of my UD allowance for treats - for me that's dark chocolate, chips or cake. Hey, whatever works!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
how to handel it. I expect he will comment "you have lost 6 lbs" should I tell him
realy I gained another 12lbs and then lost 18lbs. I realy hate Dr. apointments and
usualy eat more the day I have but today is a UD so this works out ok. Golden Corral
here I come
Congrats on being under 300 - and who LIKES Dr. appointments? LOL Not me. If it were me, I wouldn't say a word and try real hard not to let anything the doctor say influence me in any way! Just continue your JUDDD journey and think... JUST wait till next appt - I will be MUCH lower in weight!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
So happy for you Rebecca - you have the JUDDD magic, back to your numbers so quickly. I am finding that I enjoy a larger dinner rather than eat breakfast and lunch on DDs. It was not that way when I started JUDDD - I felt I needed to eat small meals all day to keep my energy up, but no longer.
Thanks, Goner! I am hoping that as I adjust more and more, I can skip lunch, too, and just have a normal-ish meal with my hubbie at dinner time.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Thanks so much ladies!

Today I had a little setback. Found out I have to go off birth control because my blood pressure was insane. Of course the day I have to go for a blood pressure check to continue a prescription is the day I wake up feeling crappy and out of sorts. I'm not even upset about going off the pill because I've always hated it, but I am worried about cysts.

On a bright note, my Doctor was excited about the weight loss and informed me that her husband is JUDDDing. So happy to get the seal of approval from her.
Lisa, I'm sure sorry about the BP. I hope that will come back in control quickly. But how exciting that your Doc is on board with JUDDD. Having them even be aware of it is something, much less in favor of it is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
it's almost 2 a.m. and i'm wide awake Guess this is why I need to cut the junk from my diet! I'm going into a DD so hopefully I can flush out the bad stuff with tons of water today. Won't be able to make it to the gym unfortunately due to a never-ending fight w/ the cable company. Annoying. And my allergies are kicking my butt, despite me getting an air purifier on Friday. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day/night!
I sure understand about the allergies! I'm having a very easy time of it so far this year (knock on wood) and I do see an improvement since being on JUDDD. I hope today is going much better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
here I come
Congratulations on getting into the "2's" E.W.! For my, psychologically that was a big milestone. Now it's downhill from now on!

If it was me, I wouldn't share it with Doc yet. Now that I've lost so much and am so much healthier I don't mind (haven't yet but I will - they're used to me low carbing for many years and have just assumed). But in the beginning, before I had "proved" anything, I didn't want to go there and get shot down. Ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wise words, Cindy.

Another gym session toady, this body need firming up.
You will do it Cindy! We know you and your dedication to staying fit.

Quote:
Well, after my carb-fest on Sunday, I had a DD yesterday and ate 525 calories. It was going to be only 500, but at bedtime, I took a vitamin, and it got stuck in my throat! I had to eat a couple pork rinds to knock it the rest of the way down, as water was not doing the trick!

The day before my carb-fest, my waist was 30-5/8". The day after, it was 31-1/2". This morning, after my DD yesterday, my waist is only 30-3/8". That is just unbelievable! It was as though that horrible day never happened!

My body fat percentage did good, too, from 33.6% to 35% and then down to 33% this morning. I am amazed. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Today is an UD, and I will be carefully tracking again.

Oh, and yesterday, for the first time on a DD, I tried not eating until the afternoon. I was working until then, and I thought I would be too hungry to work, especially after the carb-fest the day before, and I took some canned salmon with me in case I couldn't manage my hunger.

But I did not eat it until I got home. I was a little hungry, but not terribly so. I think I'll try that again tomorrow. It was nice to get to eat a little larger lunch and dinner instead of eating a tiny breakfast, tiny lunch and tiny dinner.
Great news Rebecca! Isn't JUDDD just magic??? It allows you to recover so quickly from a "mis-step".

I'm all about delaying eating as long as I can on DDs. UDs too if I'm needing to conserve for a calorie laden dinner or treat. I'm never really unhappy until I eat too early and then can't eat more. Works for me!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #177
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Between me being sick and my mother being in the hospital for 2 weeks, my eating has been way way off.
Nothing tastes good, I'm forcing myself to eat anything (I found yesterday that I can taste sauerkraut, so I'm adding that to try and jolt my taste buds awake).
I've also read that fermented foods, like sauerkraut, are really good for you, so maybe that will help with this cold-turned-sinus-infection I have.
lol DH even brought me a twinkie to see if that worked (a twinkie and a 3 pack of peeps are my holiday guilty pleasures I have 1 of each a year!). But I didn't even taste that

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #178

Dottie, I'm so sorry about your mom being ill, and you too! I hope everything is okay with you both. You'll get your taster back soon, I'm sure. Take good care of yourself!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #179

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Feel better, Dottie. to you and your mom!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Great news Rebecca! Isn't JUDDD just magic??? It allows you to recover so quickly from a "mis-step".

I'm all about delaying eating as long as I can on DDs. UDs too if I'm needing to conserve for a calorie laden dinner or treat. I'm never really unhappy until I eat too early and then can't eat more. Works for me!
It seems too good to be true, and a little magical. I'm still too new to this to know whether this was just a fluke and will never happen again.

There is a part of me that wants to purposely try it again to see if the magic happens again. I know, I'm bad!

It does make me hopeful for my anniversary weekend coming at the end of October. I will be away and eating all meals out for 2.5 days. I've been very worried that any damage that will be done will take forever to recover from. Maybe not...