Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post

I had a great weigh and measure this morning, with a bunch of new lows!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
I can only weigh once a week...I can't handle the bounce
That's OK, do whatever works for you
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DisneyDoc5
Stats: 165 high/144/140
WOE: LC
Hello and help please...

(I posted this on the Newbie sticky, but then saw this thread, so I am copying my post here, I hope that is ok?)

Hi Everyone! I'm here, ready for JUDDD! I am really excited to finish my first DD, it went great! I have done every diet on the face of the planet, really. I have had great success with Weight Watchers and low carb/Atkins. I have been doing low carb for awhile and have hit the stall wall. I am at a good weight, but there is that last chunk I would like to lose AND I want to find a normal way to maintain, JUDDD really seems like it doable and I can totally do this for life. I guess I am a little sick of low carb, I'm sorry to say, no offense to anyone, but I miss some healthy carbs sometimes and I am one of those people that has to stay very low carb/ induction levels, to maintain - this is getting OLD!

So, my newbie questions is: REALLY???? Like you can really eat reasonable carbs and what you want (to just feeling full) on UD's????? I need some help with this because I am seriously scared of eating carbs! Do you really eat them or do some of you stay with low carb on up days. I really would like to be able to endulge in dessert ONCE AND AWHILE and not feel guilty (this is what I liked about Weight Watchers, you can eat everything you count). I figured out my numbers on the JUDDD site, so I am ready to watch my calories on the UD's, but I am just afraid of this transition and would LOVE insight. I have been lurking here doing research and this board seems so incredibly supportive and friendly that I decided to dive in and post!

Thank you for your time!
Erin
DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Hello and help please...

(I posted this on the Newbie sticky, but then saw this thread, so I am copying my post here, I hope that is ok?)

Hi Everyone! I'm here, ready for JUDDD! I am really excited to finish my first DD, it went great! I have done every diet on the face of the planet, really. I have had great success with Weight Watchers and low carb/Atkins. I have been doing low carb for awhile and have hit the stall wall. I am at a good weight, but there is that last chunk I would like to lose AND I want to find a normal way to maintain, JUDDD really seems like it doable and I can totally do this for life. I guess I am a little sick of low carb, I'm sorry to say, no offense to anyone, but I miss some healthy carbs sometimes and I am one of those people that has to stay very low carb/ induction levels, to maintain - this is getting OLD!

So, my newbie questions is: REALLY???? Like you can really eat reasonable carbs and what you want (to just feeling full) on UD's????? I need some help with this because I am seriously scared of eating carbs! Do you really eat them or do some of you stay with low carb on up days. I really would like to be able to endulge in dessert ONCE AND AWHILE and not feel guilty (this is what I liked about Weight Watchers, you can eat everything you count). I figured out my numbers on the JUDDD site, so I am ready to watch my calories on the UD's, but I am just afraid of this transition and would LOVE insight. I have been lurking here doing research and this board seems so incredibly supportive and friendly that I decided to dive in and post!

Thank you for your time!
Erin
I really do! I eat as many carbs as I want! I never count them- only calories. I was terrified too, but I knew low carb made me miserable, so I dove head first into carbs after a month of JUDDD on induction level carbs. I lost just as well with the carbs and stopped being miserable instantaneously!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I really do! I eat as many carbs as I want! I never count them- only calories. I was terrified too, but I knew low carb made me miserable, so I dove head first into carbs after a month of JUDDD on induction level carbs. I lost just as well with the carbs and stopped being miserable instantaneously!
Well that is encouraging Carly, thank you so much! I am going out for breakfast tomorrow with my mom and I might, just might, eat a piece of TOAST, imagine that!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well that is encouraging Carly, thank you so much! I am going out for breakfast tomorrow with my mom and I might, just might, eat a piece of TOAST, imagine that!
Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
I think you need to know what is happening in your own body to figure out if eating all the carbs you want is what will be healthy for you.

I, for instance, am Type 2 Diabetic, and if eat just a normal portion of ice cream or cake, my blood sugar goes up into the range that causes nerve damage. I have a real concern that when people start eating a bunch of carbs on their UD, they may be causing high blood sugar and not know it because they are not testing their blood.

My humble opinion, for what it's worth, is that it is never a good idea to indulge in a bunch of carbs. Especially every other day.

I do JUDDD low carb. It keeps my blood sugar under control.

Visit my blog, My Low Carb Road to Better Health.

Visit my blog, Alzheimer's Disease - Prevention and Treatment.
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
While I agree with Rebecca to some extent, especially about knowing your own body, I don't think there's anything wrong with carbs if you're not sensitive to them. I was an EMT for many years and often checked my blood sugar, just for fun, and I have established from that alone that carbs do not affect me negatively. I wouldn't say they're inherently bad.

When I switched from low carb to JUDDD, I took a weekend break between the two and ate whatever I wanted. I gained 3 pounds that weekend and called that new weight my JUDDD starting weight. If you've been low carb, you know you'll gain some initial water weight when adding back in the carbs, but if you're prepared for it, it shouldn't be a problem. I also think, since you said you were successful with WW, eating carbs, it should be fine. If you're concerned, you can always get a glucometer and do some experiments of your own.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Hmmm. I used to south beach. It's a great, healthy way to eat...but I couldn't sustain it after a period of 8 months each time I followed it. Each time it led me to become resentful and regain everything I had lost. This time, I ate carbs from the get go. Yep, I ate whatever I wanted, every other day, and religiously stuck to my UD calorie numbers. Guess what? I am lower than I ever got to on south beach AND I am not resentful and hating every minute of my life! Now, I will say, that after an initial crazy period of "you mean I can REALLY eat anything on want on UDs and still lose? Yea, right, let's just test this out" phase, I eat very sensibly on UDs now. Still eat carbs when I want, though, and still eat sugar if I want.

IT WORKS! Period. (and yes, of COURSE it's better for your body to eat "healthy" foods all the time, but I would rather be at my goal weight and STAYING there than only eating those foods, getting resentful and regaining everything)

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
While I agree with Rebecca to some extent, especially about knowing your own body, I don't think there's anything wrong with carbs if you're not sensitive to them. I was an EMT for many years and often checked my blood sugar, just for fun, and I have established from that alone that carbs do not affect me negatively. I wouldn't say they're inherently bad.
Let me qualify what I said:

My concern is that people are eating a bunch of carbs without knowing if it is impacting their blood sugar.

I agree that some people can eat more than others, but if they are not testing their blood sugar after eating a bunch of carbs, how do they know if they are harming themselves by doing it?

Old 09-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Teterob
Stats: 180/180/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/6/2013
Starting Over

I did atkins years ago and its the only WOE that works for me regarding weightloss. Im taking the plunge again and this is my first day. I'm dreading the "flu" but I know i can do this because its so worth it!!! I'm getting engaged and i don't want to get married with the bulge, that would really ruin the moment and i want to enjoy it without feeling self-concious. Anyway, pray for me!!
Teterob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teterob View Post
I did atkins years ago and its the only WOE that works for me regarding weightloss. Im taking the plunge again and this is my first day. I'm dreading the "flu" but I know i can do this because its so worth it!!! I'm getting engaged and i don't want to get married with the bulge, that would really ruin the moment and i want to enjoy it without feeling self-concious. Anyway, pray for me!!
All the best to you! You can do this!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Welcome Teterob! I wish you well with JUDDD. I did not notice the "flu" when I started JUDDD, but I was coming off a period of non dieting - prior to that I attempted SB with limited results. Again, welcome!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #43

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Teterob! And congratulations on getting engaged!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
Let me qualify what I said:

My concern is that people are eating a bunch of carbs without knowing if it is impacting their blood sugar.

I agree that some people can eat more than others, but if they are not testing their blood sugar after eating a bunch of carbs, how do they know if they are harming themselves by doing it?

I'm personally of the belief that everyone should test their blood sugar periodically, just because a lot of times we either don't listen to our bodies telling us something's wrong, or we actually don't have any signs or symptoms of a negative impact. (This goes for taking pulse, blood pressure, etc., as well.) One of the good things about JUDDD is that it sort of forces us to listen to our bodies more closely than we would otherwise, at least many of us find that to be true. It's a great learning tool.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Hello all newbies and welcome back returners.

I'm sure there is no more flexible and forgiving weight control WOE than this one!
There's tons of help and info on this forum and the Juddd Budds are awesome.
Dawn's right, you'll also learn a lot about yourself while JUDDDing.

I've been JUDDDing for a year now, through ill health, family crises and extended celebrations.
I don't do low carb and I drink wine quite regularly - however, I'm not overly susceptible to bingeing.

I hope you too have a very enjoyable and successful JUDDD journey!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Wow - you guys are really amazing, thank you for the 'carb' re-assurance, it's silly, but it's like I am afraid of them. I do need to be careful of sugar over all, more for yeast and GI concerns, but to be able to eat a piece of toast now and then or a birthday treat, a few croutons on a salad, etc., it's amazing. Here is a little summary of my day. Yes, I did endulge the diet a bit and treated myself to my favorite candy that I haven't eaten in forever, but I have stayed within my calories. Here is my post from the other Newbie thread sticky...

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I have had a good up day. First I must report losing 3 pounds after my first DD - hello! I know I will bounce tomorrow, but you have all prepared me for that. I had an omlette this morning and a REAL PIECE OF WHEAT TOAST - it was so good to eat a carb without guilt, it almost tasted like dessert! I was really full from breakfast so I ate about 4 ounces of sea foam (another treat I haven't enjoyed in a LONG time) and just had the small Wendy's Baja salad and am drinking a glass of wine. I am comfortably full. I am within my calories of 2195 for the day coming in at a heathly estimate of 1635. I am full so I can't really see eating more, but maybe another wine.

Thanks again for the amazing support and information, I will keep you all updated. I feel like I may be out of a lifetime of diet jail if this works for me, keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Hmmm. I used to south beach. It's a great, healthy way to eat...but I couldn't sustain it after a period of 8 months each time I followed it. Each time it led me to become resentful and regain everything I had lost. This time, I ate carbs from the get go. Yep, I ate whatever I wanted, every other day, and religiously stuck to my UD calorie numbers. Guess what? I am lower than I ever got to on south beach AND I am not resentful and hating every minute of my life! Now, I will say, that after an initial crazy period of "you mean I can REALLY eat anything on want on UDs and still lose? Yea, right, let's just test this out" phase, I eat very sensibly on UDs now. Still eat carbs when I want, though, and still eat sugar if I want.

IT WORKS! Period. (and yes, of COURSE it's better for your body to eat "healthy" foods all the time, but I would rather be at my goal weight and STAYING there than only eating those foods, getting resentful and regaining everything)
Thanks Melinda, this post and all of the others are so encouraging. You really summed it up for me. I am also in Michigan - Holland. Thumbs up to the Mitten and JUDDD!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teterob View Post
Are you combining JUDDD with Atkins? !

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcomes! I have had a good up day. First I must report losing 3 pounds after my first DD - hello! I know I will bounce tomorrow, but you have all prepared me for that. I had an omlette this morning and a REAL PIECE OF WHEAT TOAST - it was so good to eat a carb without guilt, it almost tasted like dessert! I was really full from breakfast so I ate about 4 ounces of sea foam (another treat I haven't enjoyed in a LONG time) and just had the small Wendy's Baja salad and am drinking a glass of wine. I am comfortably full. I am within my calories of 2195 for the day coming in at a heathly estimate of 1635. I am full so I can't really see eating more, but maybe another wine.
Don't go too far below your UD calories. It will make the next DD a bit harder and the UD calories keep your metabolism revved up. You don't want to get to goal and only be able to eat a small amount because you skimped on those UDs throughout weight loss . I can eat (and burn) quite a bit more than the 1550 I get from Dr. J's calculator and I think that is in part from eating the generous amount I was given when I started JUDDDing at 190lbs. I have a weekend of "eating" events and will likely go above 1550 tomorrow. I know that going above once or twice a week is not a problem which is in part thanks to exercise, but also the fact that my body never got use to prolonged periods of food restriction.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #49

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great job DD5! The first days are the hardest, and you're getting through them. I agree with Carly's good post about UD calories. It's important to eat them all if you possibly can - keep that metabolism stoked and allow yourself the sustenance you'll need to get through your DDs.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

ok gals, if you insist! I will chow down some more! hee hee, no problem I have a messed up metabolism, so we will see what the scale says tomorrow eating all this food! Oh well! Maybe all of this will help to reset the metabolism so I can actually be a normal person and eat reasonable amounts of food without gaining weight. I really don't eat a ton and still have to watch it, so this will be interesting.

Thanks again for the advice and support, I really value all of it!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #51

DD5, I just saw your stats and if they're accurate, you may not have figured your calories correctly. If you want, I can double check your numbers on the JUDDD calculator if you're comfortable giving age, height, gender, and current weight. I'd hold off trying to eat more until we're certain. However, if you're certain you calculated correctly, just tell me to mind my own business.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
DD5, I just saw your stats and if they're accurate, you may not have figured your calories correctly. If you want, I can double check your numbers on the JUDDD calculator if you're comfortable giving age, height, gender, and current weight. I'd hold off trying to eat more until we're certain. However, if you're certain you calculated correctly, just tell me to mind my own business.
No, that's super! I am 5'8.5'', 41, at the start of JUDDD two days ago I was 145.0, female, and I do intensive hot yoga 2-3 times a week and walk my big doggy 3-4 times a week - I entered moderate exercise (the middle choice).

Thank you for your help!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Dawn, you got me thinking so I went back and tried them again in the calculator.... if I put in low exercise and then moderate exercise I get an UD range from 1947-2195, and a DD range from 389-439. I am not sure what the 'restriction' part means, I picked 20% weight loss mode?

I ended up today at 1725 for my UD. I feel full, but am trying to drink a lot of water and my body is in a little carb shock I think since I ate sweets and haven't for a LONG time! I will have to not do that as much on my next UD because it made me feel kidda, well, drunk for lack of a better term! I am sort of looking forward to my DD tomorrow and cleaner eating, but it was nice to eat today and not feel guilty. I intend to be relatively low carb on UD, with treats here and there. I do generally feel better on a lower carb diet, but it sure is nice to be able to have a carb meal or snack IF I want.

Thanks again for your support! Erin
Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok gals, if you insist! I will chow down some more! hee hee, no problem I have a messed up metabolism, so we will see what the scale says tomorrow eating all this food! Oh well! Maybe all of this will help to reset the metabolism so I can actually be a normal person and eat reasonable amounts of food without gaining weight. I really don't eat a ton and still have to watch it, so this will be interesting.

Thanks again for the advice and support, I really value all of it!
I thought those numbers were a bit high. As long as you eat up to your UD number with no exercise added in you should be fine. You may need to add calories in to account for exercise, but I have never adjusted my UD/DD numbers to account for my daily burn/ exercise. If I have an UD that is around 1750 I don't sweat it since I usually burn around 1850 per day, but I usually aim for my 1550/312 and in maintenance I do only 2 DDs a week so it works out for me well. Adding in exercise calories is very individual. I would have had much slower losses if I had upped my calories to account for exercise, but some people find they stall if they don't account for some or all their exercise. It's definitely a YMMV kind of thing.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I thought those numbers were a bit high. As long as you eat up to your UD number with no exercise added in you should be fine. You may need to add calories in to account for exercise, but I have never adjusted my UD/DD numbers to account for my daily burn/ exercise. If I have an UD that is around 1750 I don't sweat it since I usually burn around 1850 per day, but I usually aim for my 1550/312 and in maintenance I do only 2 DDs a week so it works out for me well. Adding in exercise calories is very individual. I would have had much slower losses if I had upped my calories to account for exercise, but some people find they stall if they don't account for some or all their exercise. It's definitely a YMMV kind of thing.
thanks Carly! I went back and worked the numbers with the 'little to no exercise' option and then I am 1699/340. So now I am not quite sure where I should aim for, the lower set with no exercise (even though I do at least 3-5 times a week), the light exercise range at 1947/389, or the moderate exercise range of 2195/439. I am pretty close to my goal, within 10 lbs, but it's the 10 pounds I haven't been able to lose FOREVER so I don't even know if my body will do it! I am thinking I should maybe go with the 1947/389 set, but if you guys have any further wisdom or suggestions, I would love to hear it.

Thanks SO much, I can't tell you how much this support means to me!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thanks Carly! I went back and worked the numbers with the 'little to no exercise' option and then I am 1699/340. So now I am not quite sure where I should aim for, the lower set with no exercise (even though I do at least 3-5 times a week), the light exercise range at 1947/389, or the moderate exercise range of 2195/439. I am pretty close to my goal, within 10 lbs, but it's the 10 pounds I haven't been able to lose FOREVER so I don't even know if my body will do it! I am thinking I should maybe go with the 1947/389 set, but if you guys have any further wisdom or suggestions, I would love to hear it.

Thanks SO much, I can't tell you how much this support means to me!
I would start with the no exercise option and adjust from there after a few weeks. Especially if it feels like you are stuffing yourself to reach 2000+. Unless you have a fitbit or other heart rate monitor it is nearly impossible to guess what your body burns through exercise and I exercise in part to burn off extra calories, not to increase my food allotment. We are all different so experiment and see what works.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Welcome

DisneyDoc & Teterob

Good posts from everyone.

I love the idea of testing your blood sugars even if you are not diabetic.
My dear neighbor right next to me has some rather serious health issues.
She wanted to know her blood sugar one day and since I have my kit and plenty
of supplies, I took it for her. Now she has a way of looking into it anytime she
feels like it. Since I am diabetic, and she and I ate breakfast here together,
we waited a couple hours and both took our sugars. She was still within a very
normal range. It made her feel a bit better about herself. Even non-diabetics
should see how sugar/flour/starches effect their blood sugar.

We hope to see you often.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #58

Sorry DD5, I was out with my kiddo and didn't see your reply until very late. I'm glad Carly got you sorted. I agree, start with the "no exercise" option and you can always increase if you find you're not losing well. More often than not, the no exercise option works very well, but there are the occasional lucky souls who need to eat MORE to lose.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Welcome Teterob and DD5 and to everyone else!

I got through my two lunch events with a lot less trauma than I had expected. I made each meal my only one for the day, so I actually went 24 hours without a meal, twice in a row! (from Thursday lunch to Friday lunch, then from Friday lunch to lunch today, since today is a DD). I never in my wildest imagination thought I could do that without suffering greatly (as in, headache, hunger pains, etc.). I did feel hunger for a few moments a couple of times each day, but nothing unbearable at all and it was very brief. I maintained my weight until this morning, when I actually dropped half a pound! (5.5 lbs. down total now). And my DH told me yesterday that I look like I've "deflated" a little (I think he means my muffin top has shrunk a bit.)

I have two more lunch events with friends coming up next Friday and Saturday, so I will probably do the same thing. I felt free to eat what I wanted and enjoy my meals and didn't stress about "going off my diet", and I certainly didn't have to sit and watch everyone else eat the things my diet didn't allow me to have like a friend of mine did.

A newbie question:

Is it common to suffer from insomnia with this way of eating? I almost never have trouble falling asleep when I go to bed (although at times I wake up at 3-4 a.m. and have a problem getting back to sleep), but since I started JUDDD on Aug. 26, I have had several nights where it's taken me an hour or more. It seems to happen more on DDs. It's not from hunger. Am I the only one who's had this happen?
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisafernanda View Post

A newbie question:

Is it common to suffer from insomnia with this way of eating? I almost never have trouble falling asleep when I go to bed (although at times I wake up at 3-4 a.m. and have a problem getting back to sleep), but since I started JUDDD on Aug. 26, I have had several nights where it's taken me an hour or more. It seems to happen more on DDs. It's not from hunger. Am I the only one who's had this happen?
I can't remember which thread it was in recently, but there were links to some studies about how women react to fasting, and there's some indication that some women can have insomnia and anxiety as a direct result of fasting. I know several here have found this to be true, and it either resolved with time, or they increased their calories to compensate, or decreased their fasting time by spreading their DD calories throughout the day rather than saving up for one meal. With your success recently in saving up for one meal, I know that may not be what you want to hear, but it's something to think about.

Perhaps someone will come along with a better memory than I have and link to the thread with the studies.